Subject: Forwarded mail....

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 1998 18:30:15 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

FYI. I'm adding this to the IPR Web page.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 12:28:09 -0500
From: Bruce Clay <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: "frank dawson@LOTUS"@us.ibm.com

 Steve Coya, IETF Executive Director:

This is to advise the IETF that IBM is willing to grant licenses under our
patents which may be applicable to  the calendaring and scheduling (C&S)
standards being developed in the IETF. This would include the  IBM patent
#5428784, Method and Apparatus For Linking Electronic Mail And An Electronic
Calendar To Provide A Dynamic Response To An Electronic Mail Message.

In this regard, if implementations of the C&S specifications from the CALSCH
committee infringe patents issued to IBM, IBM agrees upon written request to
grant a non-exclusive license under such patents on a nondiscriminatory basis
and on reasonable terms and conditions. Written requests for licenses may be
sent to :

    Mr. Walter L. Willigan
    Program Director
    IBM Corporation
    500 Columbus Avenue
    Thornwood, N. Y., 10594

A. CLAY (Bruce)
Senior Attorney IPL
919-254-6717
tl 444-6717
email to- [email-masked]