Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-aft-socks-chap-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 09:50:33 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Authenticated Firewall Traversal Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Challenge-Handshake Authentication Protocol for SOCKS V5
	Author(s)	: M. VanHeyningen
	Filename	: draft-ietf-aft-socks-chap-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 07-Jan-98
	
   This document specifies the integration of authentication based on
   Challenge-Handshake Authenticaton Protocol into SOCKS Version 5.  The
   primary algorithm to be used is HMAC-MD5, although the framework is
   general enough to permit use of MD5 or other keyed hash algorithms.
   This document describes the message formats and protocol details of
   incorporating CHAP into the SOCKS V5 authentication ''subnegotiation.''
   Support is included for authentication of server to client as well as
   client to server.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-aft-socks-chap-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-chap-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-aft-socks-chap-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.