Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-wts-shttp-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 10:20:29 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Web Transaction Security Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Secure HyperText Transfer Protocol
	Author(s)	: A. Schiffman, E. Rescorla
	Filename	: draft-ietf-wts-shttp-05.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
This memo describes a syntax for securing messages sent using the
Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which forms the basis for the
World Wide Web. Secure HTTP (S-HTTP) provides independently applica-
ble security services for transaction confidentiality, authenticity/
integrity and non-repudiability of origin.
 
The protocol emphasizes maximum flexibility in choice of key manage-
ment mechanisms, security policies and cryptographic algorithms by
supporting option negotiation between parties for each transaction.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-wts-shttp-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-wts-shttp-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-wts-shttp-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.