Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 13:12:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Domain Name System Security Working 
Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Storing Certificates in the Domain Name System
	Author(s)	: O. Gudmundsson, D. Eastlake
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-01.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
   Cryptographic public key are frequently published and their
   authenticity demonstrated by certificate systems.  A CERT resource
   record (RR) is defined so that such certificates and certificate
   revocation lists can be conveniently stored in the Domain Name System
   (DNS).
 
   RFC 2065 specifies a Proposed Standard for storing cryptographic
   public keys in the DNS via the KEY resource record (RR).   In
   addition to defining the CERT RR as above, a certificate flag bit is
   also allocated out of the KEY RR flag field to indicate that a key
   may be authenticated by one or more CERT RRs stored under the same
   owner name as the KEY RR.
 
   A separate document, draft-ietf-dnssec-indirect-key-*.txt, provides
   aaditional ways of references keys or certificates within or outside
   the DNS.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.