Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmtu-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 09:34:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: L2TP-over-IP Path MTU Discovery (''L2TPMTU'')
	Author(s)	: R. Shea
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmtu-00.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 05-Jan-98
	
   The Layer Two Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) defines a mechanism for
   tunneling PPP over arbitrary media.  When IPv4 or IPv6 over PPP is
   tunneled over L2TP, it is desirable to avoid fragmentation of the
   L2TP data channel packets when L2TP is run over IP.  This document
   describes a mechanism for L2TP-over-IP to avoid fragmentation of
   tunneled IPv4 and IPv6 datagrams by leveraging IPv4 and IPv6 path
   MTU discovery mechanisms.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmtu-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmtu-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmtu-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.