Subject: Protocol Action: Transmission of IPv6 Packets over Ethernet Networks to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 09:00:39 -0500

The IESG has approved the Internet-Draft 'Transmission of IPv6 Packets
over Ethernet Networks' <draft-ietf-ipngwg-trans-ethernet-04.txt> as a
Proposed Standard.  This document is the product of the IPNG Working
Group.  The IESG contact persons are: Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten

Note: This document is a replacement for RFC1972. The IESG also
requests that RFC1972 be reclassified as historic.

Technical Summary
 
 This document specifies the frame format for transmission of IPv6
  packets and the method of forming IPv6 link-local addresses and
  statelessly autoconfigured addresses on Ethernet networks.  It also
  specifies the content of the Source/Target Link-layer Address option
  used in Router Solicitation, Router Advertisement, Neighbor
  Solicitation, Neighbor Advertisement and Redirect messages when those
  messages are transmitted on an Ethernet.

Working Group Summary

  The Working Group last call produced no issues with this document.

Protocol Quality

  This document has been reviewed by Jeffrey Burgan and Thomas Narten
  of the IESG.