Subject: RFC 2254 on String Representation of LDAP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 12:50:05 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2254

        Title:      The String Representation of LDAP Search Filters,
	Author(s):  T. Howes
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       December 1997
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      8
        Characters: 13511
        Updates/Obsoletes: None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2254.txt

The Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) [1] defines a
network representation of a search filter transmitted to an LDAP
server.  Some applications may find it useful to have a common
way of representing these search filters in a human-readable form.
This document defines a human-readable string format for
representing LDAP search filters.

This document is a product of the Access, Searching and Indexing of
Directories Working Group of the IETF.
 
This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.
 
This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.