Subject: RFC 2289 on A One-Time Password System

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 12:15:43 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2289:

        Title:      A One-Time Password System
	Author(s):  N. Haller, C. Metz, P. Nesser, M. Straw
        Status:     Draft Standard
	Date:       February 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
		    [email-masked], [email-masked]
	Pages:      25
        Characters: 56495
        Obsoletes:  1938

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2289.txt

This document describes a one-time password authentication system
(OTP). The system provides authentication for system access (login)
and other applications requiring authentication that is secure
against passive attacks based on replaying captured reusable
passwords. OTP evolved from the S/KEY (S/KEY is a trademark of
Bellcore) One-Time Password System that
was released by Bellcore and is described in references [3] and [5].

This document is a product of the One Time Password Authentication
Working Group of the IETF.

This document is now a Draft Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.