Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 12:18:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Transition Mechanisms for IPv6 Hosts and Routers
	Author(s)	: 
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 21-Nov-97
	
This document specifies IPv4 compatibility mechanisms that can be
   implemented by IPv6 hosts and routers.  These mechanisms include pro-
   viding complete implementations of both versions of the Internet Pro-
   tocol (IPv4 and IPv6), and tunneling IPv6 packets over IPv4 routing
   infrastructures.  They are designed to allow IPv6 nodes to maintain
   complete compatibility with IPv4, which should greatly simplify the
   deployment of IPv6 in the Internet, and facilitate the eventual tran-
   sition of the entire Internet to IPv6.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-mech-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.