Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 11:38:56 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IMAP4 Child Mailbox Extension
	Author(s)	: M. Gahrns, R. Cheng
	Filename	: draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-00.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 14-Nov-97
	
   Many IMAP4 [RFC-2060] clients present to the user a hierarchical
   view of the mailboxes that a user has access to.  Rather than
   initially presenting to the user the entire mailbox hierarchy, it is
   often preferable to show to the user a collapsed outline list of the
   mailbox hierarchy (particularly if there is a large number of
   mailboxes).  The user can then expand the collapsed outline
   hierarchy as needed.  It is common to include within the collapsed
   hierarchy a visual clue (such as a ''+'') to indicate that there are
   child mailboxes under a particular mailbox.   When the visual clue
   is clicked the hierarchy list is expanded to show the child
   mailboxes.
 
   The CHILDREN extension provides a mechanism for a client to
   efficiently determine if a particular mailbox has children, without
   issuing a LIST '' * or a LIST '' % for each mailbox name.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gahrns-imap-child-mailbox-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.