Subject: rfc2078bis-02 inconsistencies

From: Graham Bland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 13:53:21 +0000

Just some nit picking on the latest draft.

The sequencing-related major status codes have been clarified in section 
1.2.1.1 however section 1.2.3 still specifies GSS_S_COMPLETE as an indicator 
that the sequencing of the token is correct when replay or sequence 
detection is on.

Section 1.2.3 needs bringing up to date.

Graham Bland

--
Zergo Limited, The Square, Basing View, Basingstoke, Hants. RG21 4EG, UK
Tel: + 44 (0) 1442 342 600    Fax: +44 (0) 1256 812 901
Website:  http://www.zergo.com

---

From: "Linn, John" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 10:23:23 -0500

Graham, all:

Good point.  Consistent with 1.2.1.1, GSS_S_COMPLETE from gss_unwrap()
or gss_verifymic() asserts only successful processing of a received
token and (for gss_unwrap()) delivery of corresponding data to the
caller, not necessarily that its sequencing has been validated as
correct (which now additionally requires checking for the absence of
concurrent sequencing error codes).  Will plan to align 1.2.3
accordingly.

Thanks, ...

--jl

> ----------
> From: 	Graham Bland[SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent: 	Monday, February 02, 1998 8:53 AM
> To: 	[email-masked]
> Subject: 	rfc2078bis-02 inconsistencies
>