Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-antti-telephony-url-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:26:50 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: URLs for Telephony
	Author(s)	: A. Vaha-Sipila
	Filename	: draft-antti-telephony-url-04.txt
	Pages		: 9
	Date		: 25-Feb-98
	
    This document specifies URL (Uniform Resource Locator) schemes
    ''phone'', ''fax'' and ''modem'' for specifying the location of a
    terminal in the phone network and the connection types (modes of
    operation) that can be used to connect to that entity. This
    specification covers voice calls (normal phone calls, answering
    machines and voice messaging systems), facsimile (telefax) calls
    and data calls, both for POTS and digital/mobile subscribers.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-antti-telephony-url-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-antti-telephony-url-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-antti-telephony-url-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.