Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-roamops-nai-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:58:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Roaming Operations Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Network Access Identifier
	Author(s)	: B. Aboba, M. Beadles
	Filename	: draft-ietf-roamops-nai-08.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 23-Dec-97
	
     In order to enhance the interoperability of roaming and tunneling ser-
     vices, it is desirable to have a standardized method  for  identifying
     users.   This  document proposes syntax for the Network Access Identi-
     fier (NAI). It is expected that this will be of interest  for  support
     of  roaming as well as tunneling.  ''Roaming capability'' may be loosely
     defined as the ability to use any one  of  multiple  Internet  service
     providers  (ISPs),  while  maintaining a formal, customer-vendor rela-
     tionship with only one.  Examples of cases  where  roaming  capability
     might be required include ISP ''confederations'' and ISP-provided corpo-
     rate network access support.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-roamops-nai-08.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-nai-08.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-roamops-nai-08.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.