Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-gordon-ufdl-spec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 11:16:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Universal Forms Description Language 
                          Specification Version 4.0
	Author(s)	: D. Manning, R. Bennett, J. Boyer, S. McLellan, 
                          M. Mansell
	Filename	: draft-gordon-ufdl-spec-01.txt
	Pages		: 167
	Date		: 30-Jan-98
	
    The Universal Forms Description Language (UFDL) describes complex
    business forms for use over the Internet. The objective of the UFDL
    is to enable the creation of cross-platform Internet business forms
    that (1) contain both the complex logic and precise layout that
    administrators require, (2) are simple to maintain and distribute,
    and (3) integrate easily with existing business systems. As more
    and more business is done over the Internet, the need for a form
    description language that incorporates these features grows. HTML
    is designed for Internet pages, and is severely limited as a form
    language. This document specifies the vocabulary, syntax, and
    meaning of the UFDL.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-gordon-ufdl-spec-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-gordon-ufdl-spec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-gordon-ufdl-spec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.