Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wu-srp-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 10:01:09 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The SRP Authentication and Key Exchange System
	Author(s)	: T. Wu
	Filename	: draft-wu-srp-auth-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 09-Feb-98
	
   This document describes a cryptographically strong network
   authentication mechanism known as the Secure Remote Password (SRP)
   protocol.  This mechanism is suitable for negotiating secure
   connections using a user-supplied password, while eliminating the
   security problems traditionally associated with reusable passwords.
   This system also performs a secure key exchange in the process of
   authentication, allowing security layers (privacy and/or integrity
   protection) to be enabled during the session.  Trusted key servers
   and certificate infrastructures are not required, and clients are
   not required to store or manage any long-term keys.  SRP offers
   both security and deployment advantages over existing challenge-
   response techniques, making it an ideal drop-in replacement where
   secure password authentication is needed.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wu-srp-auth-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-wu-srp-auth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wu-srp-auth-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.