Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-anker-congress-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 11:53:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IMSS: IP Multicast Shortcut Service
	Author(s)	: T. Anker, D. Breitgand, D. Dolev, Z. Levy
	Filename	: draft-anker-congress-01.txt
	Pages		: 44
	Date		: 14-Jan-98
	
This memo describes an IP Multicast Shortcut Service (IMSS) over a
   large ATM cloud. The service enables cut-through routing between
   routers serving different Logical IP Subnets (LISs). The presented
   solution is complementary to MARS [2], adopted as the IETF standard
   solution for IP multicast over ATM.
 
   IMSS consists of two orthogonal components: CONnection-oriented Group
   address RESolution Service (CONGRESS) and IP multicast SErvice for
   Non-broadcast Access Networking TEchnology (IP-SENATE). An IP class D
   address is resolved into a set of addresses of multicast routers that
   should receive the multicast traffic targeted to this class D
   address. This task is accomplished using CONGRESS. The cut-through
   routing decisions and actual data transmission are performed by IP-
   SENATE.
 
   IMSS preserves the classical LIS model [8]. The scope of IMSS is to
   facilitate inter-LIS cut-through routing, while MARS provides tools
   for the intra-LIS IP multicast.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-anker-congress-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-anker-congress-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-anker-congress-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.