Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:45:05 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the An Open Specification for Pretty Good Privacy Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: OP Formats - OpenPGP Message Format
	Author(s)	: R. Thayer, J. Callas, L. Donnerhacke, H. Finney
	Filename	: draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-00.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 17-Nov-97
	
This document is maintained in order to publish all necessary
information needed to develop interoperable applications based on the
OP format.  It is not a step-by-step cookbook for writing an
application, it describes only the format and methods needed to read,
check, generate and write conforming packets crossing any network.  It
does not deal with storing and implementation questions albeit it is
necessary to avoid security flaws.
 
OP (Open-PGP) software uses a combination of strong public-key and
conventional cryptography to provide security services for electronic
communications and data storage.  These services include
confidentiality, key management, authentication and digital signatures.
This document specifies the message formats used in OP.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-openpgp-formats-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.