Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fleischman-asf-rtp-record-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:42:35 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Recording MBone Sessions to ASF Files
	Author(s)	: A. Klemets, E. Fleischman
	Filename	: draft-fleischman-asf-rtp-record-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 17-Nov-97
	
This document specifies two approaches by which multimedia data (e.g.,
MBone conferences), transmitted using the Real-Time Protocol (RTP), may
be recorded to Advanced Streaming Format (ASF) files. The first method
requires a minimum amount of buffering at the recording station but
results in recordings which identically preserve the received content
including out of order packets, network ''jitter'', etc. The second
approach requires buffering at the recording station but results in
enhanced recordings (i.e., higher percentage of correctly ordered
packets, elimination of a percentage of received jitter, potential
recovery of a percentage of lost packets). Both approaches record all
received RTP content and the relevant subset of RTCP information. This
recording occurs transparently to the MBone conference or RTP session,
and does not involve any alterations to normal RTP, RTCP, or ASF use.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fleischman-asf-rtp-record-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-fleischman-asf-rtp-record-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fleischman-asf-rtp-record-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.