Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-issues-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 10:15:28 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: IPv6 routing issues
	Author(s)	: A. Durand
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-issues-01.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 27-Jan-98
	
    The 6bone provides examples of bogus routes which introduced
    serious operational issues.
    This memo identifies some pathological cases and gives some
    guidelines on how 6bone sites should handle them. It defines the
    'best current practise' acceptable in the 6bone for the config-
    uration of both Interior Gateway Protocols (like RIPng) and
    Exterior Gateway Protocols (like BGP4+).
 
    NB: Core routers used in pTLA sites MUST use BGP4+.
 
    This memo will cover:
 
    1) link local prefixes
    2) site local prefixes
    3) special case prefixes: loopback prefix & unspecified prefix
    4) multicast prefixes
    5) IPv4-mapped prefixes
    6) IPv4-compatible prefixes
    7) Yet undefined unicast prefixes (from a different /3 prefix)
    8) default routes
    9) aggregation issues
   10) Inter site tunnel issues

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-issues-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-issues-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-6bone-routing-issues-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.