Subject: RFC 2237 on Japanese Character Encoding

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 14:24:31 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2237

        Title:      Japanese Character Encoding for Internet Messages
	Author(s):  K. Tamaru
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       November 1997
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      6
        Characters: 11628
        Updates/Obsoletes: None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2237.txt

This memo defines an encoding scheme for the Japanese Characters,
describes "ISO-2022-JP-1", which is used in electronic mail
[RFC-822], and network news [RFC 1036]. Also this memo provides a
listing of the Japanese Character Set that can be used in this
encoding scheme.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.