Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pppext-eapisakmp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:02:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Point-to-Point Protocol Extensions Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: PPP EAP ISAKMP Authentication Protocol
	Author(s)	: G. Carter
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pppext-eapisakmp-00.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 20-Sep-97
	
The  Point-to-Point  Protocol  (PPP) [RFC1661] provides  a  standard
method for transporting multi-protocol datagrams over point-to-point
links.   PPP also  defines  an extensible Link Control Protocol (LCP),
which can be used to negotiate authentication methods, as  well  as  an
Encryption Control  Protocol  (ECP) [RFC1968],  used  to negotiate data
encryption over PPP links, and a Compression Control Protocol  (CCP)
[RFC1962],  used  to  negotiate compression  methods.  The Extensible
Authentication Protocol (EAP) [EAP] is a PPP extension that provides
support  for  additional  authentication methods within PPP.
 
The Internet Security Association and Key Management Protocol [ISAKMP]
combined with the Oakley [Oakley] key exchange protocol enables secure,
mutually authenticated security association exchanges between two
endpoints.  This document describes how ISAKMP provides for these
mechanisms within EAP.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pppext-eapisakmp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eapisakmp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pppext-eapisakmp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.