Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhang-ospf-dvl-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 13:42:27 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Fixing Backbone Partition with Dynamic Virtual Links
	Author(s)	: Z. Zhang
	Filename	: draft-zhang-ospf-dvl-01.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 26-Nov-97
	
     This document proposes a Dynamic Virtual Link (DVL) algorithm to
     dynamically detect and fix OSPF backbone area partition.
 
     In the DVL algorithm, each ABR periodically checks if it can reach
     via backbone area all other ABRs that it can reach via its transit
     areas. If not, it knows that a backbone partition has occurred and
     a spanning tree of Dynamic Virtual Links are created. When the
     DVLs are not needed, they are automatically deleted.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhang-ospf-dvl-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ospf-dvl-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhang-ospf-dvl-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.