Subject: Last Call: The Architecture of the Common Indexing Protocol (CIP) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 09:53:36 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the Common Indexing Protocol
Working Group to consider publication of the following as Proposed
Standards:

 o The Architecture of the Common Indexing Protocol (CIP) 
	<draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-01.txt>

 o MIME Object Definitions for the Common Indexing Protocol (CIP) 
	<draft-ietf-find-cip-mime-02.txt>

 o CIP Transport Protocols <draft-ietf-find-cip-trans-00.txt>

The IESG will also consider publication of the following
Internet-Drafts as Experimental:

 o A Tagged Index Object for use in the Common Indexing Protocol 
	<draft-ietf-find-cip-tagged-05.txt> 

 o CIP Index Object Format for SOIF Objects
	<draft-ietf-find-cip-soif-02.txt>

 o Registration Procedures for SOIF Template Types 
	<draft-ietf-find-soif-registry-00.txt>

 o LDAPv2 client Vs the Index Mesh
	<draft-ietf-find-cip-ldapv2-01.txt> 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the 
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by March 13, 1998.

Files can be obtained via
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-01.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-mime-02.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-trans-00.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-tagged-05.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-soif-02.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-soif-registry-00.txt
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-find-cip-ldapv2-01.txt