Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 11:56:38 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic remote host configuration 
                          over IPSEC using DHCP
	Author(s)	: B. Patel
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 04-Dec-97
	
   IPSEC is a protocol suite defined by IETF working group on IP
   security to secure communication at the network layer between
   communicating peers. This protocol is comprised of three primary
   elements: 1) ISAKMP/Oakley[2], 2) IPSEC AH [4]and 3) IPSEC ESP [5].
   ISAKMP/Oakley is the key management protocol while AH and ESP are
   used to protect IP traffic. Both AH and ESP can be used in tunnel or
   transport mode. Among many applications enabled by IPSEC tunnel and
   transport modes, an interesting and useful application is connect a
   remote host (e.g., roaming user) to the intranet through firewall
   (or secure network gateway) using IPSEC tunnels.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-dhcp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.