Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-04.txt,.ps

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 10:18:51 -0500

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Routing Policy System Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Routing Policy Specification Language (RPSL)
	Author(s)	: E. Gerich, D. Karrenberg, D. Meyer, M. Terpstra, 
                          C. Villamizar, C. Alaettinoglu, T. Bates
	Filename	: draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-04.txt,.ps
	Pages		: 53
	Date		: 20-Nov-97
	
This Internet  Draft  is  the  reference document  for  the  Routing  Policy
Specification Language (RPSL). RPSL allows a network operator to be able  to
specify routing policies at  various levels in  the Internet hierarchy;  for
example at the Autonomous  System (AS) level.   At  the same time,  policies
can be specified  with sufficient detail  in RPSL so  that low level  router
configurations can be generated from them.  RPSL is extensible; new  routing
protocols and new protocol features can be introduced at any time.
 
RPSL is a replacement for the current Internet policy specification language
known as RIPE-181 [4] or RFC-1786 [5].   RIPE-81 [6] was the first  language
deployed in the  Internet for  specifying routing policies.    It was  later
replaced by  RIPE-181 [4].    Through  operational use  of RIPE-181  it  has
become apparent that certain policies cannot be specified and a need for  an
enhanced and more generalized language is needed.  RPSL addresses RIPE-181's
limitations.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.