Subject: Orlando airport, once more

From: "Dick St.Peters" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 18:33:01 -0500

> There seems to be growing support for the idea of Orlando having a
> reasonable airport.

I don't even go to ietf meetings, so I'm speaking out of turn, but
aviation's been a big thing in my life.  So I actually looked at the
details posted on the Orlando Airport website ...

Orlando has no flights at all from Berlin, Bonn, Copenhagen, Geneva,
Madrid, Oslo, Paris, Rome, Stockholm, or Vienna.

It does have daily nonstop flights from London, nonstop from Amsterdam
4 times per week, and nonstop from Dusseldorf once per week.

Daily flights from Lisbon to New York City (Newark) tack on an extra
leg south to Orlando.  There are flights from Luxembourg with a stop
in Iceland.

To me, this doesn't add up to a well-connected airport for European
ietf attendees.

--
Dick St.Peters, [email-masked] 
Gatekeeper, NetHeaven, Saratoga Springs, NY, 1-800-910-6671 (voice)
Saratoga/Albany/Amsterdam/BlueMountain/Cobleskill/Greenwich/
GlensFalls/LakePlacid/NorthCreek/Plattsburgh/...
	  First Internet service based in the 518 area code

---

From: Robert Moskowitz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:01:26 -0500

>To me, this doesn't add up to a well-connected airport for European

As if Memphis did?