Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-pint-inweb-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:19:31 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the PSTN and Internet Internetworking Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: PSTN-Internet Internetworking - An Architecture Overview
	Author(s)	: M. Krishnaswamy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-pint-inweb-00.txt
	Pages		: 15
	Date		: 24-Nov-97
	
   This memo is submitted as input to the draft PINT (PSTN and Internet
   Internetworking) Informational RFC.  This document describes an
   internetworking architecture of the Public Switched Telephone Network
   (PSTN) and the Internet based on the Lucent prototype.  This
   architecture enables access to PSTN  services from the Internet.  The
   four basic PSTN services that could be made available to an Internet
   User are described. We have used the World Wide Web as an example to
   show how these PSTN services can be seamlessly integrated into the
   Internet. Next a Service Support Transport Protocol for reliable
   transfer of service request from the Internet to the PSTN network is
   described. A simple Management Information Base (MIB) that is used
   for uploading information and performing authentication checks is
   then described.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-pint-inweb-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-inweb-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pint-inweb-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.