Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-warwick-tokenring-arch-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 1998 09:28:14 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dedicated Token Ring Concentrator MIB
	Author(s)	: K. Lee, T. Warwick
	Filename	: draft-warwick-tokenring-arch-02.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 31-Dec-97
	
   This document  contains  an  extract from the approved text of IEEE
   standard 802.5R ''Dedicated Token Ring''.   The  extract  comprises
   the  MIB for the Dedicated Token Ring Concentrator, in SNMPv2 format.
   The changes from the previous version of this draft are small but
   important, and are in the area of CRF creation, where a RowStatus
   mechanism replaces the previous way of creating CRFs.
 
   802.5R  is a standard that encompasses the existing 802.5 token-
   passing method of operation, and also defines a new duplex method of
   operation for use only on dedicated point to point links, that does
   not use tokens for data transmission.
 
   The architecture of a DTR  Concentrator is defined in the 802.5R
   standard.  It  is a MAC layer bridging device, which uses a new set
   of forwarding rules that  ease interoperability between source
   routing and transparent bridging in an  802.5  LAN.  The DTR
   Concentrator MIB is derived from the Source Routing and Transparent
   Bridge MIBs  (RFCs 1525 and 1493).

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-warwick-tokenring-arch-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-warwick-tokenring-arch-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-warwick-tokenring-arch-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.