Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 13:39:00 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: IP Private Address Identification (PAID)
	Author(s)	: T. Teo, Y. Li
	Filename	: draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt
	Pages		: 22
	Date		: 18-Jan-98
	
   This memo proposes a scheme to conserve the IPv4 address space by
   allowing to allocate private instead of public IP addresses for its
   internet hosts. These internet hosts can achieve complete internet
   connectivity between any domains with each private host globally
   identified as a <public, private> address pair. To enable private
   hosts to communicate using these address pairs efficiently, we
   propose a PAID Encapsulation protocol. To acquire a <public, private>
   address pair, we specify a variant registration method derived from
   Mobile IP, using a PAID Registration Request and PAID Registration
   Reply. This approach requires modifications to network sockets and
   enhancements to the domain name system.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.