Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-issll-atm-mapping-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 14:33:43 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Integrated Services over Specific Link Layers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Interoperation of Controlled-Load and 
                          Guaranteed-Service with ATM
	Author(s)	: M. Borden, M. Garrett
	Filename	: draft-ietf-issll-atm-mapping-04.txt
	Pages		: 43
	Date		: 04-Dec-97
	
   This document provides guidelines for mapping service classes, and
   traffic management features and parameters between Internet and ATM
   technologies.  The service mappings are useful for providing
   effective interoperation and end-to-end Quality of Service for IP
   Integrated Services networks containing ATM subnetworks.
 
   The discussion and specifications given here support the IP
   integrated services protocols for Guaranteed Service (GS),
   Controlled-Load Service (CLS) and the ATM Forum UNI specification,
   versions 3.0, 3.1 and 4.0.  Some discussion of IP best effort service
   over ATM is also included.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-issll-atm-mapping-04.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-atm-mapping-04.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-issll-atm-mapping-04.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.