Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-zhu-public-circuit-switch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:26:44 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Framework for Interconnecting Internet 
                          with Public Circuit-Switching Network
	Author(s)	: H. Zhu
	Filename	: draft-zhu-public-circuit-switch-00.txt
	Pages		: 5
	Date		: 17-Nov-97
	
Recently there are a number of efforts trying to connect the packet-
switching network with circuit-switching network, especially the
Internet with public telephone networks.  The first problem of such
interconnection is naming and addressing, which are described in some
other drafts ([dnsurl], [telurl1], [faxemail]).  This draft gives a
brief framework on what the problems we may have in architecture and
technology when connecting these two networks, and the possible
solutions for these problems.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-zhu-public-circuit-switch-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-zhu-public-circuit-switch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-zhu-public-circuit-switch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.