Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-mcdonald-pf-key-v2-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 12:19:15 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: PF_KEY Key Management API, Version 2
	Author(s)	: D. McDonald, B. Phan, C. Metz
	Filename	: draft-mcdonald-pf-key-v2-05.txt
	Pages		: 70
	Date		: 27-Feb-98
	
     A generic key management API that can  be  used  not  only  for  IP
   Security  [Atk95a]  [Atk95b]  [Atk95c]  but  also  for  other network
   security services is presented in this document.  Version 1  of  this
   API  was  implemented  inside 4.4-Lite BSD as part of the U. S. Naval
   Research Laboratory's freely distributable and usable IPv6 and  IPsec
   implementation[AMPMC96].   It  is  documented here for the benefit of
   others who might also adopt and use the API, thus providing increased
   portability  of  key  management  applications  (e.g. a manual keying
   application,  an  ISAKMP  daemon,  a  GKMP  daemon  [HM97a,HM97b],  a
   Photuris daemon, or a SKIP certificate discovery protocol daemon).

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-mcdonald-pf-key-v2-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-pf-key-v2-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-mcdonald-pf-key-v2-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.