Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 09:06:51 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
	Author(s)	: D. Carrel, D. Harkins
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-06.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 13-Feb-98
	
[MSST97] (ISAKMP) provides a framework for authentication and key
   exchange but does not define them.  ISAKMP is designed to be key
   exchange independant; that is, it is designed to support many
   different key exchanges.
 
   [Orm96] (Oakley) describes a series of key exchanges-- called
   ''modes''-- and details the services provided by each (e.g. perfect
   forward secrecy for keys, identity protection, and authentication).
 
   [Kra96] (SKEME) describes a versatile key exchange technique which
   provides anonymity, repudiability, and quick key refreshment.
 
   This document describes a protocol using part of Oakley and part of
   SKEME in conjunction with ISAKMP to obtain authenticated keying
   material for use with ISAKMP, and for other security associations
   such as AH and ESP for the IETF IPsec DOI.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-06.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-06.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-oakley-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.