Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-drums-replyto-meaning-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 10:53:25 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Detailed Revision/Update of Message Standards 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Reply-To-Meaning Proposal
	Author(s)	: C. Newman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-drums-replyto-meaning-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
     This is a candidate proposal for one way which the problems with
     the reply-to header in email could be resolved.  Under no
     circumstances should this be implemented as it is only a candidate
     for a solution and no decision has yet been made.  This proposal
     distinguishes the different incompatible uses of the Reply-To
     header with a new Reply-To-Meaning header.  This has the advantage
     of being relatively simple, not invalidating most current practices
     and allowing mail user agents to present more predictable user
     interfaces.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-drums-replyto-meaning-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-drums-replyto-meaning-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-drums-replyto-meaning-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.