Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-debry-http-usepost-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 10:17:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: The Use of Post: 
                          A Response to draft-cohen-http-postal-00.txt
	Author(s)	: T. Hasting, F. Wright, H. Lewis, S. Isaacson, 
                          R. deBry, C. Kugler, S. Gebert
	Filename	: draft-debry-http-usepost-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 24-Feb-98
	
     A recent Internet Draft [1] argues that the common use of POST to
     proide a uniform method of passing blocks of data to an application,
     is being misused in the definition of new application protocols, such
     as the Internet Printing Protocol. Cohen et. al. argue that a new
     PUSH method be defined for this purpose. This Internet Draft argues
     that the existing POST method proides all of the required
     functionality for back end applications, such as Print, without
     sacrificing the leels of security that customers expect. More
     importantly, from the customer\022s point of iew, it does this without
     any impact to existing, installed network components.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-debry-http-usepost-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-debry-http-usepost-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-debry-http-usepost-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.