Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tn3270e-telnet-tls-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 09:55:12 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Telnet TN3270 Enhancements Working Group
of the IETF.

        Title           : TLS-based Telnet Security
        Author(s)       : M. Boe
        Filename        : draft-ietf-tn3270e-telnet-tls-00.txt
        Pages           : 14
        Date            : 30-Dec-97

Telnet service has long been a standard Internet protocol. However, a
standard way of ensuring privacy and integrity of Telnet sessions has
been lacking. This document proposes a standard method for Telnet
servers and clients to use the Transport Layer Security (TLS) protocol.
It describes how two Telnet participants can decide whether or not to
attempt TLS negotiation, and how the two participants should process
authentication credentials exchanged as a part of TLS startup.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
        "get draft-ietf-tn3270e-telnet-tls-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-telnet-tls-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

        Africa: ftp.is.co.za

        Europe: ftp.nordu.net
                ftp.nis.garr.it

        Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au

        US East Coast: ds.internic.net

        US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:      [email-masked].  In the body type:
        "FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tn3270e-telnet-tls-00.txt".

NOTE:   The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
        MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
        feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
        command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
        a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
        exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
        "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
        up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
        how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.