Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-brown-dcom-v1-spec-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 09:51:02 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Distributed Component Object Model Protocol -- DCOM/1.0
	Author(s)	: N. Brown, C. Kindel
	Filename	: draft-brown-dcom-v1-spec-02.txt
	Pages		: 35
	Date		: 26-Jan-98
	
The Distributed Component Object Model protocol is an application-level
protocol for object-oriented remote procedure calls useful for distributed,
component-based systems of all types. It is a generic protocol layered on the
distributed computing environment (DCE) RPC specification and facilitates the
construction of task-specific communication protocols through features such
as: a platform neutral argument/parameter marshaling format (NDR), the
ability for objects to support multiple interfaces with a safe, interface-
level versioning scheme suited to independent evolution by multiple parties,
the ability to make authenticated connections and to choose levels of channel
security, and a transport-neutral data representation for references
(including by-value) to objects.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-brown-dcom-v1-spec-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-brown-dcom-v1-spec-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-brown-dcom-v1-spec-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.