Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-idmr-masc-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 11:41:03 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Inter-Domain Multicast Routing Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The Multicast Address Set Claim (MASC) Protocol
	Author(s)	: D. Estrin, M. Handley, D. Thaler, S. Kumar
	Filename	: draft-ietf-idmr-masc-00.txt
	Pages		: 7
	Date		: 27-Nov-97
	
The MASC protocol is used by a node (typically a router) to claim one or
more sets of addresses (''address sets'') from which Multicast Address
Allocation Servers (MAAS's) within its domain will allocate group
addresses to hosts. Each address set has an associated lifetime, and is
chosen out of a larger address set with a lifetime at least as long, in
a manner such that address sets are aggregatable.  At any time, each
MASC node will typically be advertising several address sets with
different lifetimes and scopes allowing MAAS's to choose appropriate
addresses for their clients.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-idmr-masc-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-masc-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-idmr-masc-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.