Subject: Comment on An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format

From: IMRAN CHOWDHURY <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 1997 00:20:24 -0500

As many contries are trying to come onto the Internet and many children
are using Internet daily, Its becoming a pain for parents to block their
children from Serfing Internet where they can get Adult meterial. We are
also seeing many Countries willingness to block certain propaganda
message. To accomodate controversial sites, we can assign a block of IP
address from the address pool that will be managed by Global or Regional
Provider.

Current model states for:

  The aggregatable global unicast address format is as follows:

      | 3 |  13 |    32     |   16   |          64 bits               |
      +---+-----+-----------+--------+--------------------------------+
      |FP | TLA | NLA ID    | SLA ID |         Interface ID           |
      |   | ID  |           |        |                                |
      +---+-----+-----------+--------+--------------------------------+

      <--Public Topology--->   Site
                            <-------->
                             Topology
                                      <------Interface Identifier----->

   Where

      FP           Format Prefix (001)
      TLA ID       Top-Level Aggregation Identifier
      NLA ID       Next-Level Aggregation Identifier
      SLA ID       Site-Level Aggregation Identifier
      INTERFACE ID Interface Identifier

On the NLA ID which is 32 bit, we can reserve 6 bit for content based
Internet access.

  It will appear as follows:

      | 3 |  13 |    26   | 6      |   16   |          64
bits               |
     
+---+-----+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------+
      |FP | TLA | NLA ID  | CBS ID | SLA ID |         Interface
ID           |
      |   | ID  |         |       
|                                         |
     
+---+-----+---------+--------+-----------------------------------------+

      <--------Public Topology----->   Site
                                   <------->
                                    Topology
                                             <------Interface
Identifier----->

   Where

      FP           Format Prefix (001)
      TLA ID       Top-Level Aggregation Identifier
      NLA ID       Next-Level Aggregation Identifier
      CBS ID       Contest Based Service Identifier
      SLA ID       Site-Level Aggregation Identifier
      INTERFACE ID Interface Identifier

This will able parents or countries block unwanted materials.

Imran Chowdhury

[email-masked]