Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-farinacci-anycast-clusters-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:42:47 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Use of Anycast Clusters for Inter-Domain 
                                Multicast Routing
	Author(s)	: D. Farinacci, L. Wei, J. Meylor
	Filename	: draft-farinacci-anycast-clusters-00.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 05-Mar-98
	
   Anycast Clusters is a proposal to connect multiple ISP sparse-mode
   PIM domains together. The environment we anticipate is multiple
   interconnection points among a set of ISPs when they are unable to
   colocate their respective RPs at the same dense-mode interconnect
   point. This is an alternative to the Multi-Level RP design and
   requires less new code in routers.
 
   This proposal is being submitted as a method for the initial phase of
   Inter-Domain Multicast deployment and is upward compatible with the
   IDMR protocols being proposed for subsequent phases.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-farinacci-anycast-clusters-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-anycast-clusters-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-farinacci-anycast-clusters-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.