Subject: RFC 2244 on ACAP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 1997 12:17:53 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2244

        Title:      ACAP -- Application Configuration Access Protocol
	Author(s):  C. Newman, J. G. Myers
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       November 1997
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      68
        Characters: 154610
        Updates/Obsoletes: None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2244.txt

The Application Configuration Access Protocol (ACAP) is designed to
support remote storage and access of program option, configuration
and preference information.  The data store model is designed to
allow a client relatively simple access to interesting data, to
allow new information to be easily added without server
re-configuration, and to promote the use of both standardized data
and custom or proprietary data.  Key features include "inheritance"
which can be used to manage default values for configuration
settings and access control lists which allow interesting personal
information to be shared and group information to be restricted.

This document is a product of the Application Configuration Access
Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.