Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-reverse-lookup-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 11:12:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IPNG Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Reverse Address lookup in DNS for IPng.
	Author(s)	: O. Gudmundsson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-reverse-lookup-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
     This document proposes a new mechanism to represent inverse address
     mapping in the Domain Name System (DNS) for IP version 6 (IPv6).
     Documented in here are the changes needed for securing the binding
     and delegation of address ranges, to facilitate queries for the
     binding of address to host name. This document also defines a
     mechanism for dumb resolvers to query directly for the binding.
 
     The changes include a new resource record to delegate the address
     space in segments based on arbitrary bit boundaries. This proposal
     provides a mechanism that is self checking and can be traversed
     from both top and bottom. Additional processing requirements on
     IPv6 aware resolvers and servers are defined.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-reverse-lookup-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-reverse-lookup-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-dns-reverse-lookup-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.