Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-stdguide-ops-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 10:02:28 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Guide for Internet Standards Writers Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Guide for Internet Standards Writers
	Author(s)	: G. Scott
	Filename	: draft-ietf-stdguide-ops-05.txt
	Pages		: 19
	Date		: 23-Dec-97
	
  This document is a guide for Internet standard writers.  It defines
  those characteristics that make standards coherent, unambiguous, and
  easy to interpret.  Also, it singles out usage believed to have led
  to unclear specifications, resulting in non-interoperable
  interpretations in the past.  These guidelines are to be used with
  RFC 1543, ''Instructions to RFC Authors.''

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-stdguide-ops-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-stdguide-ops-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-stdguide-ops-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.