Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-chambless-mobileip-harp-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 1997 10:22:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: HARP - ''Home Agent Redundancy Protocol''
	Author(s)	: J. Binkley, B. Chambless
	Filename	: draft-chambless-mobileip-harp-00.txt
	Pages		: 18
	Date		: 30-Oct-97
	
   This document presents a protocol called the Home Agent Redundancy
   Protocol or HARP.  HARP is an optional extension to Mobile-IP [RFC-
   2002].  Mobile-IP includes the notion of a Home Agent which is
   a host located on the home IP subnet for Mobile Nodes.  Home Agents
   forward packets to Mobile Nodes that are away from home.  Since Mobile
   Nodes are dependent on the Home Agent for connectivity when away from
   home, the Home Agent represents a possible single source of failure for
   the Mobile IP system.
 
   HARP is a protocol which allows a pair (or set) of Home Agents
   to cooperate and share Mobile-IP Mobile Node registration
   information.  If one of the HARP peers should fail, the Mobile-IP
   system will not necessarily fail, hence HARP introduces Home
   Agent redundancy into the Mobile-IP system.  Mobile Nodes are
   not aware that HARP exists, so HARP requires no changes to
   Mobile-IP as a protocol.  In this document, we present the HARP
   architecture and protocol.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-chambless-mobileip-harp-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-chambless-mobileip-harp-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-chambless-mobileip-harp-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.