Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 10:27:28 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Common Internet File System (CIFS/1.0) Protocol                  Preliminary Draft
	Author(s)	: P. Leach, D. Naik
	Filename	: draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-01.txt
	Pages		: 121
	Date		: 02-Jan-98
	
This document describes the CIFS file sharing protocol, version 1.0.
Client systems use this protocol to request file access services from
server systems over a network. It is based on the Server Message Block
protocol widely in use by personal computers and workstations running a
wide variety of operating systems.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-leach-cifs-v1-spec-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.