Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-11.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 13:40:16 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Dynamic Host Configuration Working Group 
of the IETF.

	Title		: Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol for IPv6 (DHCPv6)
	Author(s)	: C. Perkins, J. Bound
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-11.txt
	Pages		: 39
	Date		: 03-Dec-97
	
   The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCPv6) provides a framework
   for passing configuration information, via extensions, to IPv6 nodes.
   It offers the capability of automatic allocation of reusable network
   addresses and additional configuration flexibility.  This protocol
   should be considered a stateful counterpart to the IPv6 Stateless
   Address Autoconfiguration protocol specification, and can be used
   separately or together with the latter to obtain configuration
   information.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-11.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-11.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-dhcpv6-11.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.