Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-mhtml-info-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 1997 09:49:16 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML Documents Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Sending HTML in MIME, an informational supplement 
                          to the RFC:  MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate 
                          HTML Documents (MHTML)
	Author(s)	: J. Palme
	Filename	: draft-ietf-mhtml-info-07.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 03-Nov-97
	
The memo ''MIME Encapsulation of Aggregate HTML Documents (MHTML)''
(draft-ietf-mhtml-rev-02.txt) specifies how to send packaged aggregate
HTML objects in MIME format. This memo is an accompanying informational
document, intended to be an aid to developers. This document is not an
Internet standard.
 
Issues discussed are implementation methods, caching strategies,
problems with rewriting of URIs, making messages suitable both for
mailers which can and which cannot handle Multipart/related and handling
recipients which do not have full Internet connectivity.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-mhtml-info-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mhtml-info-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-mhtml-info-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.