Subject: RFC 2259 on SNQP

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 14:22:45 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2259:

        Title:      Simple Nomenclator Query Protocol (SNQP)
	Author(s):  J. Elliott, J. Ordille
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked]
        Pages:      30
        Characters: 58508
        Updates/Obsoletes:  None

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2259.txt

The Simple Nomenclator Query Protocol (SNQP) allows a client to
communicate with a descriptive name service or other relational-style
query service.  The protocol is useful to services that search many
data repositories for query responses.  SNQP is an ASCII protocol in
the request-reply style of SMTP.  It was specifically designed for use
with the Nomenclator name and information service, and has been useful
elsewhere.

This document is a product of the Integrated Directory Services
Working Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.