Subject: Where is ISI...?

From: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 09:52:40 -0600

On Thursday, February 26, 1998 7:47 AM, William Allen Simpson[SMTP:[email-masked]] wrote:
<snip>
@
@Where is ISI specifically designated?
@

@@@@ http://rs.internic.net/nsf/nis/sectionH.html

"H.1 The NREN Internet Network Information Services Center Team"
 
"Our Team is composed of Network Solutions, the incumbent manager and operator
of the DISA NIC, and ISI, a leading computer science research organization, which
has provided the IANA, RFC editing, .us Domain structuring and registration, Monthly
Report coordination, editing, and production, and similar services to the Internet for
many years. Network Solutions has teamed with ISI to take advantage of their many
years of experience with providing services to the Internet and to provide the additional
knowledge and skills needed for this solicitation. The relationship between Network
Solutions and ISI is a solid one, based on mutual respect for the complementary skills
and knowledge each brings to network services. We are already accustomed to operating
as an integrated team, with ISI subcontracted to Network Solutions to provide assignment
of TCP service port numbers and other protocol parameters, and with ISI (as the IANA)
having delegated to the DISA NIC the registration of users for the Internet. The proposed
 organization of the Internet Network Information Services Center (INISC) is illustrated in
the figure below. The qualifications of the key personnel proposed are well known to users
of the Internet."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation
IBC, Tortola, BVI