Subject: RFC 2156 on MIXER

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 14:33:57 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2156:

        Title:      MIXER (Mime Internet X.400 Enhanced Relay):
                    Mapping between X.400 and RFC 822/MIME
	Author(s):  S. Kille
        Status:     Proposed Standard
	Date:       January 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      144
        Characters: 280385
        Obsoletes:  987, 1026, 1138, 1148, 1327, 1495
        Updates:    822

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2156.txt

This document relates primarily to the ITU-T 1988 and 1992 X.400
Series Recommendations / ISO IEC 10021 International Standard.  This
ISO/ITU-T standard is referred to in this document as "X.400", which
is a convenient shorthand.  Any reference to the 1984 Recommendations
will be explicit.  Any mappings relating to elements which are in the
1992 version and not in the 1988 version will be noted explicitly.
X.400 defines an Interpersonal Messaging System (IPMS), making use of
a store and forward Message Transfer System.  This document relates to
the IPMS, and not to wider application of X.400, such as EDI as
defined in X.435.

This document is a product of the MIME - X.400 Gateway Working Group
of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

This document specifies an Internet standards track protocol for
the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the
"Internet Official Protocol Standards" (STD 1) for the
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.