Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 10:27:36 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Implementation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Known TCP Implementation Problems
	Author(s)	: B. Volz, I. Heavens, S. Dawson, 
                          V. Paxson, M. Allman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-02.txt
	Pages		: 29
	Date		: 24-Nov-97
	
   This memo catalogs a number of  known  TCP  implementation  problems.
   The  goal  in  doing  so  is  to  improve  conditions in the existing
   Internet by enhancing the quality of current TCP/IP  implementations.
   It  is  hoped  that  both  performance  and correctness issues can be
   resolved by making implementors  aware  of  the  problems  and  their
   solutions.   In  the  long term, it is hoped that this will provide a
   reduction  in  unnecessary  traffic  on  the  network,  the  rate  of
   connection  failures  due  to  protocol  errors,  and load on network
   servers due to time spent processing  both  unsuccessful  connections
   and  retransmitted  data.   This will help to ensure the stability of
   the global Internet.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.