Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 08:59:18 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Next Generation Transition Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Assignment of IPv4 Global Addresses to IPv6
			  Hosts (AIIH)
	Author(s)	: J. Bound
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-00.txt
	Pages		: 17
	Date		: 02-Mar-98
	
The initial deployment of IPv6 will require a tightly coupled use of
   IPv4 addresses to support the interoperation of IPv6 and IPv4.  Nodes
   will be able to be deployed with IPv6 addresses, but will still need
   to communicate with IPv4 nodes that do not have a dual IP layer
   supporting both IPv4 and IPv6.  This specification defines a
   mechanism called Assignment of IPv4 Global Addresses to IPv6 Hosts
   (AIIH), which will assign an IPv6 Host a temporary IPv4 Global
   Address, which can be used to communicate with a Host that supports
   IPv4 or IPv4/IPv6.  An objective of this specification is to avoid
   the use of address translation for the deployment of IPv6 in a
   network.  Another objective is to demonstrate that IPv6 Addresses can
   be deployed now instead of non-Global IPv4 Addresses within an
   Intranet.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ngtrans-assgn-ipv4-addrs-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.