Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-droz-proxypar-arch-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Nov 1997 12:01:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Proxy PAR
	Author(s)	: T. Przygienda, P. Droz
	Filename	: draft-droz-proxypar-arch-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 21-Nov-97
	
Proxy PAR is a minimal version of PAR (PNNI Augmented Routing) that
   gives ATM attached devices the ability to interact with PNNI devices
   without the necessity to fully support PAR. Proxy PAR is designed as
   a client/server interaction where the client side is much simpler
   than the server side to allow for fast implementation and deployment.
 
   The purpose of Proxy PAR is to allow non-ATM devices to use the
   flooding mechanisms provided by PNNI for registration and automatic
   discovery of services registered in the network.  The mechanisms
   are protocol independent but in first version support for IPv4
   services mainly has been specified.  In addition, Proxy PAR server
   capable nodes provide filtering based on IP protocols and address
   prefixes.  This makes, e.g.  possible for router running OSPF to find
   OSPF neighbors on the same subnet.  The protocol is built using a
   registration/query approach where devices can register their services
   and query for services and protocols registered by other clients.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-droz-proxypar-arch-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-droz-proxypar-arch-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-droz-proxypar-arch-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.