Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-fritsche-ipv6-multicast-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 09:29:26 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Dynamical routing (unicast and multicast) 
                          for the Ipv6 protocol
	Author(s)	: W. Fritsch, H. Seifert
	Filename	: draft-fritsche-ipv6-multicast-02.txt
	Pages		: 88
	Date		: 11-Nov-97
	
   Future communication networks will be based more and more on a
   dynamically changing network topology.  Therefore it is advantageous,
   to have routing mechanisms, which will dynamically adapt their
   routing decisions to these topology changes.  This document describes
   a set of network protocols, which realize such a dynamical routing of
   unicast and multicast packets within communication networks based on
   IPv6.  All used routing algorithms will be immediately executed at
   the occurrence of any topology changes and will therefore have
   already complete routing information at the receipt of data packets.
 
   For the unicasting the Shortest Path First (SPF) routing algorithm
   has be chosen.  This algorithm calculates the shortest, and therefore
   the optimal routing paths within the routing area, by which it is
   sufficient for a router, to compute a single routing tree for the
   whole area.
 
   For the multicasting the Minimum Spanning Tree (MST) routing
   algorithm has been chosen.  This distributed algorithm prevents the
   occurrence of endless routing loops, offers for distributed Address
   Groups nearly optimal results in saving network bandwidth, and needs
   also only a single routing tree for the whole area. This version 02
   of the draft mainly corrects some minor errors of version 01.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-fritsche-ipv6-multicast-02.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-fritsche-ipv6-multicast-02.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-fritsche-ipv6-multicast-02.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.