Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-wang-diff-serv-usd-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 14:28:30 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: User-Share Differentiation (USD) Scalable 
                          bandwidth allocation for differentiated services
	Author(s)	: Z. Wang
	Filename	: draft-wang-diff-serv-usd-00.txt
	Pages		: 10
	Date		: 04-Dec-97
	
   In this memo, we present a new differentiated service scheme called
   ''User-Share Differentiation (USD)''. The USD scheme is based on the
   principle of link sharing. The scheme allows ISPs to differentiate
   traffic flows on a per-user basis, providing minimum bandwidth guar-
   antee and share-based bandwidth sharing. We first look at the objec-
   tives of differentiated services, and the problems with the current
   proposals, then present the details of the USD scheme.  Finally we
   examine the implementation and standardization issues

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-wang-diff-serv-usd-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-wang-diff-serv-usd-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-wang-diff-serv-usd-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.