Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-fax-tiffplus-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 1998 06:57:10 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Internet Fax Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: File Format for Internet Fax
	Author(s)	: L. McIntyre, S. Zilles, R. Buckley, D. Venable, 
                          G. Parsons, J. Rafferty
	Filename	: draft-ietf-fax-tiffplus-07.txt
	Pages		: 68
	Date		: 09-Jan-98
	
This Internet Draft describes the TIFF (Tag Image File Format)
representation of image data specified by the ITU-T Recommendations for
black-and-white and color facsimile. This file format specification is
commonly known as TIFF-FX. It formally defines minimal, extended and
lossless JBIG modes (Profiles S, F, J) for black-and-white fax, and base
JPEG, lossless JBIG and Mixed Raster Content modes (Profiles C, L, M)
for color and grayscale fax. These modes or profiles correspond to the
content of the applicable ITU-T Recommendations. Files formatted
according to this specification use the image/tiff MIME Content Type.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-fax-tiffplus-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiffplus-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-fax-tiffplus-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.