Subject: Last Call: IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 1997 18:30:53 -0500

The IESG has received a request from the IPNG Working Group to consider
the following:

 o IP Version 6 Addressing Architecture
   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v2-05.txt> for publication as a Proposed
   Standard.

   Note: This document is a replacement for RFC1884, which will be
	 reclassified as Historic.

 o  An IPv6 Aggregatable Global Unicast Address Format
    <draft-ietf-ipngwg-unicast-aggr-02.txt> for publication as a Proposed
    Standard.

    Note: This document is a replacement for RFC2073, which will be
	 reclassified as Historic.

 o IPv6 Testing Address Allocation
   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-testv2-addralloc-01.txt> as an Experimental protocol.

   Note: This document is a replacement for RFC1897, which will be
         reclassified as Historic.

 o IPv6 Multicast Address Assignments
   <draft-ietf-ipngwg-multicast-assgn-04.txt> as an Informational RFC.

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by November 26, 1997.

Files can be obtained via 
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-addr-arch-v2-05.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-unicast-aggr-02.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-testv2-addralloc-01.txt
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipngwg-multicast-assgn-04.txt