Subject: RFC 2288 on Bibligraphic Identifiers

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 14:37:13 -0800

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 2288:

        Title:      Using Existing Bibliographic Identifiers as
                    Uniform Resource Names
	Author(s):  C. Lynch, C. Preston, R. Daniel
        Status:     Informational
	Date:       February 1998
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked], 
		    [email-masked]
	Pages:      10
        Characters: 21628
        Updates/Obsoletes: None 

        URL:        ftp://ds.internic.net/rfc/rfc2288.txt

A system for Uniform Resource Names (URNs) must be capable
of supporting identifiers from existing widely-used naming
systems.  This document discusses how three major
bibliographic identifiers (the ISBN, ISSN and SICI) can be
supported within the URN framework and the currently
proposed syntax for URNs.

This document is a product of the Uniform Resource Names Working
Group of the IETF.

This memo provides information for the Internet community.  It does
not specify an Internet standard of any kind.  Distribution of this
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 1543, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Alegre Ramos
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.