Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 1997 09:54:06 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the IP Security Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: A GSS-API Authentication Mode for ISAKMP/Oakley
	Author(s)	: D. Piper
	Filename	: draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-01.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 23-Dec-97
	
   This document describes an alternate authentication method for
   ISAKMP/Oakley which makes use of GSS-API to authenticate the Diffie-
   Hellman exchange.  The mechanism described here extends the
   authentication modes defined in [Harkins97] without introducing any
   modifications to the ISAKMP/Oakley key exchange protocol.  This
   constraint however, necessarily restricts the number of GSS-API
   exchanges and may limit the broader applicability of this method.
   Additional work is needed to provide a fully generalized solution.
   Such a solution will require ISAKMP/Oakley protocol modifications.
 
   For a list of changes since the previous version of this document,
   please see Section 5.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-01.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-01.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-gss-auth-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.