Subject: Internet and the people

From: "Raides J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 07:58:42 +0000

Masataka Ohta wrote:
> 
> DRC;
> 
> That's a US centric way to manage the Internet and you can't say
> domain names under COM do not have to be US trade marks.
> 
>                                                 Masataka Ohta

        By the way ... have you ALL noticed by chance that USG's primary
wish is to govern the *whole* world? Have you noticed that US
inhabitants and supporters think *really* that the world IS US and the
rest is conquered land? Haven't you see a movie lately? I mean one with
those patriotic people defending the earth -or the world as they say-
from the enemies ... Who leads the pack? ... To which country does the
hero/heroine pays tribute to? ...

        I'm spanish from mainland Spain and I vote for Internet's
independence from ANY government not global. IANA, IETF, gTLD and the
rest of this alphabet soup are only spans of USG or US people ... Don't
be so egocentric and think globally, you all!! ... Internet is for many
people the most wonderful thing that life has brought them. Now they
can't think of their lives without the positive or negative feedback
from the whole world community, always so far to concern about. I
personally have assited to breaking news faster than the CNN, knowing
about an earth-quake by one of the inhabitants of the zone affected, and
knowing about wave sizes on Hawaii from one man just looking through his
window ... People even travel to meet people known through the Internet
and discover new cultures and old ways of thought ...

        Let this discussion flow away and start discussing about REAL
people with REAL feelings and wishes ... Let the Internet be free!! (as
much as possible).

        Thanks for reading me ..

        Raides J.

---

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 07:34:13 -0500

>people with REAL feelings and wishes ... Let the Internet be free!! (as

 As a resident of Toronto, Canada
 it is patently obvious to me that
 this entire discussion has been
 manipulated to the extreme by various
 US-centric factions. Surprisingly
 enough the least authoritarian and
 most hopeful voice to date has been
 the Green Paper contribution. The
 IETF/ISOC/IAB/IANA/IAHC/CORE/POC
 group (which is actually the same
 people) has only been obstructing
 a truely representative and accountable
 GLOBAL solution with all their rather
 clumsy shell game organization name
 shuffling and impudent resistance
 to change.

 My first instinct is to say that we
 should fuck these techies politically
 dead. On further thought it seems far
 better to humour them into compliance
 and subserviance to some form of
 representative Internet governance.
 Then - if they don't tow the line -
 we organizationally fuck them dead.

 That is the lesson you should all
 take from this... The Green Paper
 is just a glimmering of what is to
 come. If necessary your complete
 network will be shorn from you, dis-
 assembed, and re-assembled to follow
 the wishes of the people upon whose
 good will you exist. And those people
 are regular, normal folks out there
 who are increasingly pissed off with
 the mess you've made.

TeleVirtually Yours,

Bob Allisat

http://www.wtv.net

---

From: "Raides J." <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 19:55:35 +0000

>  shuffling and impudent resistance

	Well, globality IS the point! One cannot forget -SHALL NOT- that it's
almost the whole world in there! That's what I wanted to point out, with
a little bit of Conspiration Theory at the beggining ...

>  we organizationally fuck them dead.

	Radicalisms are good to build armies, but not to keep people free to
decide ...

>  who are increasingly pissed off with

	No further comments.

	Thanks for reading me ..

	Raides J.

---

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 16:22:12 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998, Raides J. wrote:

> Date: Mon, 02 Feb 1998 19:55:35 +0000
> From: Raides J. <[email-masked]>
> 
> >  ............................ The
> >  group ...

Odd that someone from Spain should complain about this.

Besides a number in formation, there are 23 esisting ISOC chapters in 19
countries. This includes three chapters in Spain with two more Spanish
chapters in formation.  (See <http://www.isoc.org/isoc/chapters/>) Assuming
these formations complete, there would be five chapters in Spain, more than
any other country.  I would recommnd that you join ISOC.  It is one of the
most global minded organization of people related to the Internet and has
done enormous amounts of work to get the Internet started in many countries. 

(Also, out of the 88 registrars originally selected under the gTLD-MoU, four
were Spanish. See <http://www.gtld-mou.org/docs/reg-results.html>.)

>       ...

Donald
=====================================================================
Donald E. Eastlake 3rd     +1 978-287-4877(tel)     [email-masked]
   318 Acton Street        +1 978-371-7148(fax)     [email-masked]
Carlisle, MA 01741 USA     +1 703-620-4200(main office, Reston, VA)
http://www.cybercash.com           http://www.privacy.org/ipc