Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-glenn-dns-dir-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 1997 09:47:37 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: A Directory for organizations and services 
                          from DNS and WHOIS.
	Author(s)	: G. Mansfield, K. Ohta, T. Ika
	Filename	: draft-glenn-dns-dir-00.txt
	Pages		: 8
	Date		: 17-Nov-97
	
   An Internet Directory is a necessity.  The lack of an Internet
   Directory is posing serious problems.  There are several Directory
   Protocols ready for  deployment  in  the Internet. But, among other
   factors, content generation for the directory has been a major
   stumbling block. A  simple and straight-forward  method of
   generating contents for a directory of organizations  and their
   network services using information from the Domain Name System (DNS)
   and the WHOIS servers is described in this memo.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-glenn-dns-dir-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-glenn-dns-dir-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-glenn-dns-dir-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.