Subject: RE: ITU/ISOC/IETF

From: Sascha Ignjatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 00:16:39 +0100 (MET)

dear dr.cerf  dear ietf masters 

do you think that something like

internet policy task force

could be useful or needed to deal with upcomming political aspects of the 
global internet development -as the ietf is strictly technical as stated
by mr.baker in a recent mail  but could serve as model for dealing and 
working on political aspects of the internet-dns was one of the fields 
wich was also more political than technical  but there may be many more 
political problems 

how to go

to build for each single political problem a new organisation and than 
let them cooperate and work together under some meta-organisation 
or build something like iptf and let it deal with diferent political 
questions as separate working groups and come together in ipts wich could be 
a sister organisation of the ietf,irtf etc beeing so in line with the curent 
system 

this ideas may be not new or binding they are just a question from a
young unexpirianced person :-) eager to help in the new and chalenging 
field of politisation of the internet-see the recent dns discussion 

thank you for your atention and sory for beeing posibly of topic at this list
-unfortunately there is in my knowledge no official list wich deals with 
 the serious question of "internet selfgovernance"  

i would apreciate very much such discussion and participation forum 
and would recomend it to be a part of already existing "autority line" :-)

thanks
sascha