Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 1997 10:05:44 -0500

A Revised Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Application Configuration Access Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

Note: This revision reflects comments received during the last call period.

	Title		: ACAP -- Application Configuration Access Protocol
	Author(s)	: C. Newman, J. Myers
	Filename	: draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt
	Pages		: 67
	Date		: 06-Nov-97
	
   The Application Configuration Access Protocol (ACAP) is designed to
   support remote storage and access of program option, configuration
   and preference information.  The data store model is designed to
   allow a client relatively simple access to interesting data, to allow
   new information to be easily added without server re-configuration,
   and to promote the use of both standardized data and custom or
   proprietary data.  Key features include ''inheritance'' which can be
   used to manage default values for configuration settings and access
   control lists which allow interesting personal information to be
   shared and group information to be restricted.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login wih the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-acap-spec-07.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.