Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-prior-future-host-guidelines-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 14:46:41 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title		: Guidelines for IETF Meeting Sites
	Author(s)	: E. Love, D. Crocker, B. Manning, M. Prior, S. Coppins
	Filename	: draft-prior-future-host-guidelines-03.txt
	Pages		: 4
	Date		: 05-Mar-98
	
    The IETF is an international group that conducts most of its
    business using electronic mail however three times a year it
    conducts an open meeting for one week. For the most part the actual
    mechanics of the meeting are organised by the IETF secretariat but
    there are some requirements placed on the organisation hosting the
    meeting.
 
    This document attempts to provide some guidelines for organisations
    that wish to volunteer to act as host for one of these open
    meetings. As the IETF growth pattern mirrors the Internet itself
    this document expresses sizes as a percentage of the expected
    attendance rather than use fixed numbers as we expect these numbers
    to change for each meeting. At the last meeting, in Washington DC
    there were just over 1900 attendees.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-prior-future-host-guidelines-03.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-prior-future-host-guidelines-03.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-prior-future-host-guidelines-03.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.