Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-06.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 10:09:15 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the DNS IXFR, Notification, and Dynamic Update 
Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Test and Example Top Level Domain Names
	Author(s)	: D. Eastlake, A. Panitz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-06.txt
	Pages		: 6
	Date		: 22-Dec-97
	
   To reduce the likelihood of conflict and confusion, a number of top
   level domain names are reserved for use in private testing, as
   examples in documentation, and the like. In addition, a few second
   level domain names reserved for use as examples are documented.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-06.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ds.internic.net/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-06.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nis.garr.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ds.internic.net
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-06.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ds.internic.net can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.