Subject: RE: 40th IETF-WASHINGTON, DC: AGENDA

From: "Flanigan, Bill" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 10:48:00 -0500

Like Matt, I would also like more time to *carefully* read all 
I-Ds before meetings occur.  I support his motion to move the deadline 
ahead one week from where it is now.

Bill Flanigan

______________________________ Reply Separator
_________________________________
Subject: Re: 40th IETF-WASHINGTON, DC: AGENDA
Author:  Matt Crawford [SMTP:[email-masked]]  at DISAHUB
Date:    12/4/97 6:07 PM

...
Assuming that the volume of last-minute internet-drafts is
primarily responsible, I would support a motion to set the i-d
deadline one week earlier for future meetings.
...
On the other hand, I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like more
time to read everyone else's drafts.

               Matt Crawford

---

From: Simon Spero <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 1997 08:14:07 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 5 Dec 1997, Flanigan, Bill wrote:

> I-Ds before meetings occur.  

I agree. We need to work on some sort of time-dilation device that would
add extra days to the preceding week. This technology would also improve
the performance of high-latency links, and would elminate the need for TCP
window scaling. I recommend that we apply for Next Generation Internet
funding as soon as possible. 

I know of several techniques that can induce time-distortion - however,
they also tend to make reading harder. 

Simon