Subject: Use of this mailing list

From: Andy Fletcher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 01:45:32 +0100

Please can users restrict the use of this mailing list to technical topics,
I counted 38 postings on "Black Holing": Massive Abuse of Civil Liberties".
 This may be of great interest to some but the discussion is of limited
interest to others, particularly those outside the US (its a big old world).

I looked for a charter for this list and failed, the nearest I could come
up with is an extract from http://www.ietf.org/maillist.html which
describes the ietf mailing lists.

---------------------
Mailing Lists 

Much of the daily work of the IETF is conducted on electronic mailing
lists. There are mailing lists for each of the working groups, as well as
an IETF general discussion list and an IETF announcement list. Mail on the
working group mailing lists is expected to be technically relevant to the
working groups supported by that list.
<snip>
The IETF discussion list is open, and therefore has a wide range of topics.
However, be advised that employment opportunities and advertsing fall well
outside the range of acceptable topics
<snip>
--------------

Please don't flame me for this posting (at least on this list) -- mail me
directly, others may not wish to be party to the messages.  After all I
have only increased the traffic on this list today by about 3% !!

All of you have a nice day

Andy

--------------
| [AF733-RIPE]    Cyber Ware ltd.
| Peterborough (UK) based Internet Service Provider
| Tel: + 44 (0)1733 765050, Fax +44 (0)1733 765052