Subject: The IETF's Role in Internet Politics

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 22:29:37 -0500

http://www4.nas.edu/webcr.nsf/CommitteeDisplay/CSTB-L-97-05-A?OpenDocument

Eric Schmidt, Chair
    Dr. Eric Schmidt joined Novell in April 1997 as
    chairman of the board of directors and chief executive officer.

Anthony Acampora
    ...is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
    at the University of California, San Diego

Walter S. Baer
    ...is Senior Policy Analyst at The RAND Corporation,
    Santa Monica, California.

Fred Baker
    Fred Baker has worked in the telecommunications industry
    since 1978, building statistical multiplexors, terminal servers,
    bridges, and routers. At Cisco Systems, his primary interest area
    is the management of congestion for best effort and real time traffic.
    In addition to product development, as a Cisco Fellow, he advises
    senior management of industry directions and appropriate corporate
    strategies. His principal standards contributions have been to the IETF,
    but he has contributed to ITU's H.323, and to such industry consortia
    as WINSOCK II and the ATM Forum. In the IETF, he has contributed
    to Network Management, Routing, PPP and Frame Relay, the
    Integrated and Differentiated Services architectures, and the RSVP
    signaling protocol. He currently serves as the IETF Chair, as well as
    a technical contributor.

Andrew Blau
    ...directs the Benton Foundation's program in Communications Policy
    and Practice

Deborah Estrin
    is currently an Associate Professor of Computer Science at the
    University of Southern California in Los Angeles

Christian Huitema
    Christian Huitema is the chief Scientist in Bellcore?s Internet
Architecture
    research laboratory, where he works on Internet Telephony and Internet
    Quality of Service. Before joining Bellcore, he was a senior scientist
at
    INRIA in France, leading a networking research project that investigated
    innovative applications, such as video on the Internet, and innovative
    technologies, from directories to protocol compilers. Christian Huitema
    is the author of several books (Routing on the Internet, IPV6: the new
    Internet Protocol), a former member of the Internet Architecture Board
    which he chaired from April 1993 to July 1995, and a trustee of the
Internet
    Society.

Edward Jung
    ...is General Manager of the Web Platforms group in the Interactive
Media
    Group, which includes all of Microsoft's web properties except
www.microsoft.com.

David Kettler
    ...is Executive Director/Vice President for BellSouth and is in charge
of the
    Science & Technology organization.

John C. Klensin
    ...John C. Klensin is Senior Data Architect, MCI Data Services
    Architecture Department where his activities at MCI include product
    design and evaluation for MCI's Internet offerings, especially for
Internet
    applications.

Terrence McGarty
    ...is the Chairman of The Telmarc Group, LLC., a company he founded
    in 1984 and which invests in and manages several high tech start up
ventures.

Milo Medin
    ...is vice president of networks, overseeing the creation of @Home's
    high-speed backbone.

Michael O'Dell
    ...is responsible for overall network architecture and technical
strategic
    direction for UUNET.

Craig Partridge
    ...is a Principal Scientist at BBN Technologies (a part of GTE
Corporation),
    where he works on a variety of research projects.

Daniel Schutzer
    ...is Vice President & Director of External Standards and Advanced
    Technology, Advanced Development Group at Citibank.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com
End-2-End: VPC(Java)--<IPv4>--C+@---<IPv8>---C+@--<IPv4>--(Java)VPC
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
http://www.ddj.com/index/author/idx10133.htm