Subject: Re: "Black Holing": Massive Abuse of Civil Liberties nonsense

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 11:18:06 -0600 (MDT)

Mr. Allisat and the spammers have been making the same statements
and been refuted with the same facts for literally years.  The next
thing you'll see is a repetition of claims that refusing to carry
newsgroups is Unconstitional Censorship, or that spam-cancelling
violates the First Amendment.  Please do not respond publically to
the old nonsense unless it somes from someone at least nominally
ignorant.  Please look at the many refutations of Mr. Allisat's
statements in the news.admin.net-abuse.* newsgroups for the last
several years before repeating the same old stuff.

Please do not feed any of the kooks, because like cats, squirrels,
and cockroaches, if you feed them, they will not only take up
residence, but multiply, and quite rapidly.  When there only a few,
their antics can be entertaining, but if you cause their population
to explode by giving them room and board, they become boring, breed
disease, spread filth, and do real damage.  

Besides, it's not as if the so called censorship by ISP's or the U.S.
Constitution are particularlly relevant on the main IETF mailinglist.

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]