Subject: Re: "Black Holing": Massive Abuse of Civil Liberties

From: "Chris Rapier" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 13:47:33 -0400

> If I choose, through my personal e-mail
> account in any state or province (I live
> in Canada) to recieve or not to recieve
> commercial e-mail (spam) that is my right.
> No state, provincial or federal government,
> agency, educational institution or employee
> can interfere with my civil and legal rights
> to freedom of communication and association.

Now I'm starting to think Bob is confused about whats going on here.
You do realize that when we are say ISP we are talking about privately held
coporations right? They aren't part of the government. Does this make more
sense
Bob? Would you like to refocus your argument? Perhaps you should sit
down for a couple of minutes, catch your breath and order your thoughts.

chris

p.s. the educational institution part is actually dependant on the nature of
the school in question
       Marlboro College in Vermont is a private university receiving no
governemtn funds (last I checked).
       I would have to lump them with the private corporations.

---

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:45:53 -0400 (EDT)

> down for a couple of minutes, catch your breath and order your thoughts.

"I'd like those thoughts to go, please. And give me some ketchup, too."

Seriously, Chris -- two rules:

1) Don't respond to the kook-bait
2) If you must respond, leave all headers intact so our killfiles work
properly. I'm interested in anything you have to say until you reach my
kook threshold, unless it's something in response to BobA or JimF or
anyone else like that.

Note that I've included [email-masked] in the headers to this message. If you
follow my instructions ;-), I'll not see your reply to this message...

Cheers!

- t.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tripp Lilley, Innovative Workflow Engineering, Inc. ([email-masked])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "As long as America's educational system   :  Professor Dick Solomon
     remains woefully inadequate, I rule!"     :  Third Rock from the Sun

---

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:45:53 -0400 (EDT)

Cheers!

- t.