Subject: Re: we need a new mailing list

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 02:17:24 -0500

On 27 Sep 1998 20:26:29 -0400 [email-masked] wrote:

> I would like to see a new mailing list, [email-masked], whose
> charter is restricted to technical issues and discussion.

You seem to be assuming that establishing a charter for an unmoderated
mailing list somehow prevents it from degenerating into off-topic chaos. I
haven't seen a charter succeed on many other lists in the past few years.
Perhaps if we wrote one using a different font like Futura Bold or in a
different language like Old English they might work better.

--
Dennis Fazio, MRNet 
Gabnet: (612) 362-5850

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 1998 02:17:24 -0500

--
Dennis Fazio, MRNet 
Gabnet: (612) 362-5850