Subject: In Memory of Jon Postel 1943 - 1998

From: "Richard J. Sexton (Mechanic Role)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 1998 14:23:03 -0400 (EDT)

As my car club friends meet on the California coast, and my fellow aquarists
prepare for winter, we mourn the passing of Dr. Jonathan B. Postel, or as
the net knows him, simply "Jon". An unsung hero who hid from the limelight,
Jon has been performing Yoemans duty on and for the net for as long as it
has been around and has contributed more than any one person to
it's overall development.

The net has lost it's father.

As we go about the persuit of our interests, we should reflect on how
our lives have changed, and how we are now doing things as part of our
daily lives that would not have happened without the Internet, and
as a result of the coordination of millions of computers around the globe,
and think for a moment about one man helped get us here.

His untimely passing comes as a shock and a painful loss and will never
be forgotten.

--
Richard J. Sexton, Maitland House, Bannockburn, Ontario, Canada  K0K 1Y0
+1 (613) 473-1719     http://www.mbz.org/  70 280SE 148K & 72 280SE 150K
[email-masked]  [email-masked] [email-masked] [email-masked]