Subject: Fred Baker and Ira Magaziner Meeting

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 13:22:10 -0500

Contact Name: Nicci T. Dowd
Email: [email-masked]
Phone: (202)334-2605
Fax: (202)334-2318

Can you please send a list of attendees at the following meetings ?

@@@@
http://www4.nas.edu/webcr.nsf/MeetingDisplay1/CSTB-L-97-05-A?OpenDocument

@@@@
http://www4.nas.edu/webcr.nsf/MeetingDisplay2/CSTB-L-97-05-A?OpenDocument

"12:00 Discussion: Standards and the IETF
Fred Baker"
...
2:00 p.m. Briefing: Administration View of the Internet
Ira Magaziner

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com
0:201 .COM
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
End-2-End: VPC(Java)--<IPv4>--C+@---<IPv8>---C+@--<IPv4>--(Java)VPC
http://www.ddj.com/index/author/idx10133.htm

---

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 11:41:10 -0700

Before more silliness occurs...

The meeting Jim refers to is a meeting of the National Research Council's
study committee on "The Internet in the Evolving Information Infrastructure."
The committee is charged with giving advice on the long-term future of
the Internet.

Fred's on the committee (so am I).  Ira Magaziner came to brief the committee
for an hour at its recent meeting on Monday.  At a different time, Fred
led a discussion of the current state of the IETF.

Incidentally, while some parts of NRC committee meetings are closed by law,
these two discussions were during open session -- when anyone can attend and
our chair (Eric Schmidt) welcomes visitors during open sessions.

Thanks!

Craig

---

From: Craig Partridge <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 11:41:10 -0700

Thanks!

Craig