Subject: Re: Fred Baker and Ira Magaziner Meeting

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 16:08:14 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
To: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Cc: IFWP Discussion List <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>;
[email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Date: Thursday, October 01, 1998 3:53 PM
Subject: Re: Fred Baker and Ira Magaziner Meeting

>At 03:49 PM 10/1/98 -0400, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>>If he hears that I was there, he'll get even more suspicious, even though
>>my presence is amply explained by other factors....
>
>You're likely to get REAL suspicious when you find that Christine Varney
was there as well. You might also be interested in the names of other folks
who attended to listen, and in the fact that those who made presentations
didn't see or hear each other's presentations.
>
>You might be comforted to read http://www2.nas.edu/cstbweb/, and intrigued
to read http://www2.nas.edu/cstbweb/55a2.html. But you will be most
interested in http://www2.nas.edu/cstbweb/562a.html, which you will no doubt
interpret as a list of senior members of the Internet equivalent of the
Tri-lateral Commission.
>
>Sheesh. You know, my kids a few years back told my wife that they had
figured out what I do for a living. I punch buttons... What they don't know,
is which buttons I push. You see, there's this big RED one in the middle of
my desk, right under all that paper over there... So THAT's what happened to
the garage opener!
>
>Jim, I can tell you what the committee has to do with the technology of the
Internet - the web page kind of says it all - but to get very deeply into
it, I am required by US Law to make you wait for the production of the
report. But as to the fact that Ira Magaziner and I breathed the same air
for an hour - WHAT has this got to do with the technology of the Internet?
Can we PLEASE take this off-line?

@@@@@@@@@@@@

Fred,

You appear to be transmitting from the IPv4 legacy Internet.
From an IPv8 point of view, that is "off-line". In other words,
you have arrived and are where you want to be.

Don't worry, I will not tell your kids or wife that the buttons
you are pressing are not connected to anything.

;-)

Jim Fleming
Unir Corporation - http://www.unir.com
0:201 .COM
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt
End-2-End: VPC(Java)--<IPv4>--C+@---<IPv8>---C+@--<IPv4>--(Java)VPC
http://www.ddj.com/index/author/idx10133.htm

---

From: Eric Germann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 21:10:20 -0400

At 04:08 PM 10/1/98 -0500, Jim Fleming wrote:
<SNIP>

</SNIP>

You too, Jim.  Guess the old migration to IPv8 on 10/1/98 was smoke and
mirrors also.  Please heed Fred's supplication and take your political crap
elsewhere.  Or, get a legitimate IP version number, and organize a working
group, and work within the system for change or development of a new
protocol.  For more of JF's musings, I humbly point you to the Jim Fleming
"Hall of Smoke and Mirrors" at http://answerpointe.cctec.com/query/fleming.asp

To Fred,  Amen.

Eric

==========================================================================
  Eric Germann                                        CCTec
  [email-masked]                                 Van Wert, OH 45891
  http://www.cctec.com                                Ph: 419 968 2640
                                                      Fax: 419 968 2641
         Network Design, Connectivity & System Integration Services 
                     A Microsoft Solution Provider

---

From: Eric Germann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 1998 21:10:20 -0400

</SNIP>

To Fred,  Amen.

Eric