Subject: Mr. Denninger.......

From: "John O'Grady" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 14:22:09 -0400

....as one of the "masses"  you supposedly speak for who use the net,
 I must say this.
   We will never allow such a close-minded, snobbish, brash, ill-timed,
 bastard such as yourself to represent us for long.  Your "standards of
 scientific inquiry" are obviously flawed (as is your mind) if your response
 to the death of someone who dedicated his life to a technology that our
 children's children will come to know as just as crucial to the human
 race as sunlight or water is thinly disguised soap-box presentations of
 your own agenda dripping with venom to all who may show the
 tiniest respect for the man.  I may be just a lowly systems engineer,
 and I have spouted in my time, but the slop coming from your servers
 is just plain unforgivable.  And may I suggest that only a politician would
 try to capitalize on someone's death?  Your message is strong and clear,
 out here in the masses, sir, and we are not please, nor do we forgive,
 and never - (we who's support your are trying to garner) - never do we
 forget.
                 John O'Grady  - CNA, Systems Engineer

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:04:50 +0100 (BST)

On Tue, 20 Oct 1998, John O'Grady wrote:

>  bastard such as yourself to represent us for long. 
[..]

"People understand instinctively that the best way for computer
 programs to communicate with each other is for each of them to be
 strict in what they emit, and liberal in what they accept. The odd
 thing is that people themselves are not willing to be strict in how
 they speak, and liberal in how they listen. You'd think that would
 also be obvious. Instead, we're taught to express ourselves. 

 Bleaoghgh%$%$#@!!! 

 You may feel much better afterwards, but consider the poor guy next
 to you with the ruptured eardrum. Ruptured eardrums should be
 prohibited."

    -- Larry Wall, 25 August, 1998
       http://www.perl.com/pace/pub/perldocs/1998/08/show/onion.html

"In general, an implementation must be conservative
 in its sending behavior, and liberal in its receiving behavior."

    -- Jon Postel, September 1981
       RFC 791, section 3.2.

L.

human beings vary considerably in implementation.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 21:04:50 +0100 (BST)

[..]

 Bleaoghgh%$%$#@!!! 

L.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:59:29 -0700

Enough.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 13:59:29 -0700

Enough.

---

From: Karl Denninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:13:33 -0500

Gee, all the OTHER shit hasn't garnered this response.

Why not?

Bigot!

--
-- 
Karl Denninger ([email-masked]) http://www.mcs.net/~karl
I ain't even *authorized* to speak for anyone other than myself, so give
up now on trying to associate my words with any particular organization.

---

From: Karl Denninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:13:33 -0500

Why not?

Bigot!

---

From: Steve Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:10:17 -0700

Can someone please sit him in the corner (ie: remove him from the list) 
until he learns to play nice with the other children and not run with 
scisors?

---

From: Steve Rubin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 20:10:17 -0700

---

From: Martin Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:52:57 +0100

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Steve Rubin writes:

| Can someone please sit him in the corner (ie: remove him from the list) 
| until he learns to play nice with the other children and not run with 
| scisors?

He's got the right to express his views, and we have the right to
deposit them in the circular filing cabinet if we so choose ... :-)

  :0 HB
  * (Allisat|Vulis|Sternlight|Jim Fleming|Karl Denninger)
  /dev/null

Ciao!

Martin

---

From: Martin Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 12:52:57 +0100

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Steve Rubin writes:

  :0 HB

Ciao!

Martin

---

From: Karl Denninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:05:33 -0500

Oh boy!  Now we add censorship to the rest!

Bigotry is a *kind* word to describe this.

---

From: Karl Denninger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 1998 07:05:33 -0500