Subject: NDSS '99 Registration Taking Place Now!!

From: "David M. Balenson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Oct 1998 10:58:28 -0400

R E G I S T E R   N O W ! !

THE INTERNET SOCIETY'S
1999 NETWORK AND DISTRIBUTED SYSTEM SECURITY (NDSS) SYMPOSIUM
February 3-5, 1999
Catamaran Resort Hotel
San Diego, California
General Chair:   Steve Welke, Trusted Computer Solutions
Program Chairs:  Steve Kent, BBN Technologies
                 Gene Tsudik, USC/Information Sciences Institute

ONLINE INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION:  http://www.isoc.org/ndss99
EARLY REGISTRATION DISCOUNT DEADLINE:  January 6, 1999

The 6th annual NDSS Symposium brings together researchers,
implementers, and users of network and distributed system security
technologies to discuss today's important security issues and
challenges.  The Symposium provides a mix of technical papers and
panel presentations that describe promising new approaches to
security problems that are practical and, to the extent possible,
have been implemented.  NDSS fosters the exchange of technical
information and encourages the Internet community to deploy available
security technologies and develop new solutions to unsolved problems.

KEYNOTE SPEAKER: Whitfield Diffie, Sun Microsystems.  Co-author of
"Privacy on the Line: The Politics of Wiretapping and Encryption."

THIS YEAR'S TOPICS INCLUDE:
- Secure Password-Based Protocol for Downloading a Private Key
- A Real-World Analysis of Kerberos Password Security
- Secure Remote Access to an Internal Web Server
- Security and the User
- Experimenting with Shared Generation of RSA Keys
- Addressing the Problem of Undetected Signature Key Compromise
- Practical Approach to Anonymity in Large Scale Electronic Voting Schemes
- New Approaches to BGP Security
- Distributed Policy Management for Java 1.2
- Distributed Execution with Remote Audit
- Trust-Based Authentication in Open Networks
- A Network Security Research Agenda
- PGRIP: PNNI Global Routing Infrastructure Protection
- A Cryptographic Countermeasure Against Connection Depletion Attacks
- IPSec: Friend or Foe?

EXPANDED PRE-CONFERENCE TECHNICAL TUTORIALS:
- Principles of Network Security (Dr. Stephen T. Kent, BBN Technologies)
- Optical Network Security (Jeff Ingle and Dr. Eric Harder, NSA)
- Electronic Payment Systems (Dr. B. Clifford Neuman, USC/ISI)
- Windows NT Security
- Cryptography
- Web Security and Beyond (Dr. B. Clifford Neuman, USC/ISI)
- JAVA Security

FOR MORE INFORMATION contact the Internet Society:
  Internet Society, 12020 Sunrise Valley Drive, Reston, VA, 20191 USA
  Phone: +1-703-648-9888
  Fax: +1-703-648-9887
  E-mail: [email-masked]
  URL: http://www.isoc.org/ndss99/

SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE!  Take advantage of this high
visibility event.  Contact Carla Rosenfeld at the Internet Society
at +1-703-648-9888 or send e-mail to [email-masked].

THE INTERNET SOCIETY is a non-governmental organization for global
cooperation and coordination for the Internet and its
internetworking technologies and applications.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
David M. Balenson, Publicity Chair, NDSS '99
TIS Labs at Network Associates, Inc.
3060 Washington Road, Glenwood, MD 21738  USA
[email-masked]; 301-854-5358; fax 301-854-5363