Subject: in memoriam - dr.postels-IANA plan accepted !

From: Sascha Ignjatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:26:14 +0200 (MET DST)

http://www.news.com/News/Item/0,4,27757,00.html

                 Domain plan a step closer 
                 By Janet Kornblum
                 Staff Writer, CNET News.com
                 October 20, 1998, 3:05 p.m. PT 

                 The United States government today took an
                 important step toward transferring its power over
                 the Internet to the private sector. 

                 Just four days after the death of Net luminary Jon
                 Postel, the Commerce Department's National
                 Telecommunications and Information
                 Administration gave the nod to a plan presented by
                 Postel, who headed the Internet Assigned Numbers
                 Authority (IANA). 

                 In a letter to the Internet Assigned Numbers
                 Authority, the National Telecommunications and
                 Information Administration said the government had
                 reviewed and essentially approved its plan to set up
                 a new private corporation to run the domain name
                 system--the underpinnings of the Internet, said
                 Becky Burr, associate administrator of the agency.....

sascha

---

From: Vishal Dutta MCP 1/2 MCSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

this can mean trouble right?

Vishal Dutta-MCP
 1/2 MCSE

On Thu, 22 Oct 1998, Sascha Ignjatovic wrote:

> -
> This message was passed through [email-masked], which
> is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed.
> Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Harald Alvestrand.
>

---

From: Vishal Dutta MCP 1/2 MCSE <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Oct 1998 19:18:45 -0400 (EDT)

Vishal Dutta-MCP
 1/2 MCSE