Subject: Reduced Rate Deadline for CPSR dinner honoring IETF

From: Susan Evoy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 1998 10:04:40 -0400 (EDT)

[NOTE:  Reduced rate deadline extended through today for IETF participants.]

As previously announced on this list, all IETF participants are invited to 
attend the award dinner honoring the IETF's receipt of CPSR's annual Norbert 
Wiener award (http://www.cpsr.org/issues/98Wiener.html) for social 
responsibility in computing.  The dinner will be held Saturday night, 
October 10, at the Computer Museum in Boston.  To encourage more IETF 
participants to attend, we are *extending* the deadline for reduced rate 
registration.

If you get back to me by Thursday, October 1, with a check or authorization to 
charge this to your credit card, I'll charge only the early dinner 
registration fee of $60.  The caterer needs a final count and we'd like to 
insure a dinner will be available for you.  Otherwise, if you decide to join 
us later, the cost will be $80 -- IF we have enough extra dinners.

We'll have exclusive access to the whole Computer Museum from 7:30 to 
11:30 PM!  Drinks and dinner will be followed by speeches by Einar Stefferud
(Internet pioneer), Peter Neumann (last year's Wiener award winner) and Fred 
Baker, who will accept the award on behalf of the IETF.

Susan Evoy <[email-masked]>   (650) 322-3778
Deputy Director
Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility