Subject: 9th Maryland Workshop on Very High Speed Networks (NOTE NEW DATES)

From: Account of Maryland Center for Telecommunications Research <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Oct 1998 09:00:19 -0400 (EDT)

***************************************************************
	9th Maryland Workshop on Very High Speed Networks
		  December 14-15, 1998
***************************************************************
       Maryland Center for Telecommunications Research
          University  of Maryland Baltimore County
     Supported by CISCO, Nortel Networks and CESDIS/NASA

The Maryland Center for Telecommunications  Research  (MCTR)   at
the  University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) will hold the
9th Maryland Workshop on Very High Speed Networks (VHSN  '98)  on
December 14-15, 1998 at the UMBC campus.The Workshop will be held
in the Ballroom of the University Center on the UMBC campus.

The goal of the workshop is to provide a forum where  researchers
and  developers can meet to exchange ideas and report on leading-
edge developments in the area of high speed  networks.   Each  of
the  previous  workshops  attracted approximately 150 researchers
representing academia, industry  and  government.   The  two  day
meeting   will   include   invited   speakers   and   contributed
presentations.  Papers on selected presentations will appear in a
special issue of the Journal of High Speed Networks.

The agenda, driving directions, and other information regarding
the conference can be found at the URL http://www.mctr.umbc.edu.

A  registration  fee  of  $350  will  include  two  lunches   and
conference  proceeding.   For  questions  regarding the technical
content of the workshop or giving a presentation, please  contact
the workshop organizer: Dr. Deepinder Sidhu,  Tel: (410) 455-3028
or 3063, Fax: (410) 455-3969, Email: [email-masked].

Mail checks (payable to University of  Maryland  Foundation)  and
registration   form   to   Dr.  D.  Sidhu,  Maryland  Center  for
Telecommunications Research,  University  of  Maryland  Baltimore
County, 1000 Hilltop Circle, Baltimore, MD 21250.  All funds for
this event will be managed by the UM foundation.

Please DO  NOT  include  hotel  accommodation  expenses  in  your
payment  for  the  Workshop Registration.  Room payment should be
made directly to the hotel you selected for stay.  The  following
hotels are closest to UMBC campus.  Some hotels may offer reduced
rate.  To obtain the reduced rate, you must identify yourself  as
an  attendee of this workshop.  BWI Airport is approximately five
miles from UMBC Campus.

  * Sheraton International Hotel - BWI Airport.  Closest to airport
	 and UMBC campus.  Tel: (410) 859-3300 or (800) 638-5858
  * Holiday Inn - BWI Airport.  Close to airport and  UMBC  campus.
	Tel: (410) 859-8400 or (800) HOLIDAY
  * Omni Inner Harbor Hotel.   Close  to  Downtown  Baltimore/Inner
	Harbor. About 20 minutes drive to UMBC campus.
	Tel: (410) 752-1100  or  (800) 843-6664

For more information on the  workshop  and  directions  to  UMBC,
check our home page on WWW (http://www.mctr.umbc.edu)

---------------------------------------------------------------
                     VHSN '98 REGISTRATION FORM
                       (December 14-15, 1998)

Name:
Affiliation:
Address:

Tel:
Fax:
Email:
Dietary Restrictions:  Vegetarian ------  Kosher --------
---------------------------------------------------------------