Subject: Kennedy Space Center tours during the IETF?

From: John Ioannidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 21:32:42 -0500 (EST)

Can someone post information about tours of the KSC? Better yet, would
it be possible to get a non-standard tour of the facility, like we got
a tour of Fermilab in July?

/ji

---

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:02:50 -0800 (PST)

That would be cool and a nice repeat:

13th IETF

April 11-14, 1989; Cocoa Beach, Florida, USA; Kennedy Space Center. 
114 Attendees. 

The tour was very interesting, and Milo Medin (then with NASA) added
interesting tidbits to the commentary. We saw the crawler and went pretty
close to launchpad 39 A and 39 B. It would be exactly 30 IETFs
ago! Geeks returning to the space center. I like it! (Would take a few
more than the 2 buses we had that time, though!)

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen               |       ||        ||        |
Editor and Publisher          |       ||        ||        |
The Internet Protocol Journal |      ||||      ||||       |
Tel: +1 408-527-8972          |  ..:||||||:..:||||||:..   |
e-mail: [email-masked]         |  C i s c o S y s t e m s  |

VP for Chapters, The Internet Society.
See you @ INET'99, San Jose, CA, June 22-25. http://www.isoc.org/inet99/

---

From: "Ole J. Jacobsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 20:02:50 -0800 (PST)

13th IETF

Ole

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 07:24:16 -0500

Maybe the Vehicle Assembly Building will be open this time.

If this tour gets arranged, try to include the Air Force rocketry museum
again.

...Scott

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 1998 07:24:16 -0500

...Scott