Subject: Re: [ifwp] Re: Vixie/BIND: Dangerous Combination

From: Michael Dillon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:41:05 -0800 (PST)

On Tue, 17 Nov 1998, Jim Dixon wrote:

> I would suggest that all 
> communications between the operator of the root name servers (Vixie
> should we be fortunate) and the entity responsible (ICANN, one 
> presumes) be absolutely public.

There is the germ of an interesting administrative idea here. Will it
work? I dunno, but it would be interesting to try it out. Presumably the
process goes like this.

1) decisionmaking body discusses some matter and decides on a course of
action.

2) decisionmaking body posts the official text of their decision on their
public website.

3) decisionmaking body sends a private email to the doers-of-things
notifying them that an action item is on the public website.

4) doer-of-things looks at the website, and confirms that they ave
received their instructions.

5) doer-of-things carries out the action

6) doer-of-things goes back to the website and notes that the action was
completed along with any relevant comments.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: [email-masked]
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com

---

From: Michael Dillon <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 13:41:05 -0800 (PST)