Subject: for the sake of fairnes-Microsoft Responds to Internal Memo Regarding the Open Source Model and Linux

From: Sascha Ignjatovic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 00:55:56 +0100 (MET)

somebody is writing me that ietf list is not the place to "insult" 
companys and i should "stop this" 

"thats true"  for the sake of fairnes hier the microsoft response 

http://www.microsoft.com/ntserver/highlights/editorletter.asp

sascha
ps.funy that in the line

Q: Are the Halloween documents posted on Open Source genuine? 

the link Open Source goes to 

http://www.opensouce.org  :-)

"man..what a typo.." :-)

i would not write this if this is not at something wich goes at heart of
the future   wich kind of philosophie we would take to achive equal
prosperitiy for all on this planet? 

would the internet be the new social system of the future with its open
and colaborative philosophie   or would we go back into "dark the ages of
capitalism" where what counts is "your/family" well beeings and for the
rest "who cares" - i mean this excluditory kind of thinking  "me and my
customers are ok the rest are enemys" etc..

if you have a family wich model you will chose for it 

the "collaborative" or the "competitive" model ?

so we humans on this planet are a family and there is no way to exclude
"anyone" in our family  but to integrate them and together evolve 
and prosper 

but this "planetary leading intelligence" we have to build up and i hope
the internet will be the infrastructure for it 
 	 
so i see this as a "purporse" and contribution of the internet to this
planet .. 

fare more importend than "MY company profits/power"...