Subject: RE: [ifwp] ALl on the record (was: BOYCOTT BOSTON! BAN ICANN! )

From: "William X. Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 15:13:51 -0800 (PST)

On 09-Nov-98 Esther Dyson wrote:
> Certainly everything is on the record, will be recorded, transcribed and -
> we hope - broadcast in real-time in a way that enables real-time feedback.
> 
> Esther Dyson
<snipped lengthy quoted text>

This is most heartening.  If this happens, the ICANN meeting of November 14th
will be the FIRST of these meetings since this process began that cultivated an
online participation medium to operate along side the face to face conference.

We are hoping the DNSO organizers will follow this lead as well, and do the
responsible thing, to ensure, as they claim, that they have the broadest
possible support by Domain Name Stakeholders, even those not able to afford
these globe trotting events (which I suspect outnumbers those that can afford
to attend).  Frankly, failure to do so could be read as an attempt to keep
those from having a voice, in order to promote the intentions of the organizers
over those of the other stakeholders.  Establishing an online forum for the
DNSO meeting will go a LONG way to dispell this, and obtain the broadest
possible support for the DNSO organization.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
William X. Walsh (WXW7/WW1506)| TJ Network Services - The .TJ NIC
Network Operations            | http://tjns.tj / http://nic.tj
[email-masked]/[email-masked]| Domain Names, DNS, Email,
+1-(209)-493-6144             | DynamicDNS & Web Hosting Services
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 09-Nov-98 / Time: 15:08:56

---

From: "William X. Walsh" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 1998 15:13:51 -0800 (PST)