Subject: RE: Last Call: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1 to Draft S tandard

From: Dan Kohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:35:24 -0800

Congrats on assembling a quite readable (if long!) document; the
enormous amount of effort involved is clear.  Here are a few minor edits
that I would recommend you make.  Sorry for the delay on this.  As these
are all minor edits, I would not hold up publication if the document is
otherwise ready to go.

In the intro, I believe this document "replaces", "supercedes" or
"obsoletes" RFC 2068 rather than "updating" it.  For instance in 3.2.1,
you reference to RFC 2396 as "replacing" RFC 1738 and RFC 1808.

In section 2.1, under the definition of Implied *LWS, the "[jg13]" seems
to be a typo that should be omitted.

3.3.1

In section 3.7, you reference [17] regarding Internet Media Types, and
then explicitly reference "RFC 1590 [17]" in regard to registration
procedures lower down.  RFC 1590 has been obsoleted by RFC 2048.  And,
for the first, generic reference, I would reference RFC 2046 instead.

In section 17, references 36 onwards have random "[jg###]" comments that
should be omitted.

Please explicitly cc me as I am not on the WG list.

		- dan

--
Daniel Kohn <[email-masked]>
Teledesic LLC
+1-425-602-6222 (voice)   602-0002 (fax)
http://www.teledesic.com

---

From: Dan Kohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:35:24 -0800

3.3.1

		- dan