Subject: One Hundred Million

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:40:06 -0500 (EST)

One Hundred Million.

 That is the number of people whose interests have been the last
 concern in the whole process. Stretching over four years mostly
 in obscurity, the entire so-called DNS wars have allegedly and
 most recently culminated in another insider's deal. Only this
 time most of the insiders have been bought out. Leaving "the
 rest of us" confronting a unified field.

 There is complete and total silence from whatever phoney or
 contrived opposition there pretended to be. Both the so-called
 "Boston Working Group" and the "Open Root Server Confederation"
 have melted into nothing. No response, no legal action, no new
 ideas, no alternative "Newco", no nothing. It appears they have 
 been compromised if they were not always just maneuvering for
 greater gain from the start.

 Where does all of this leave "We The People"? Now facing a
 monolithic front of well heeled Internet old timers all sharing
 the same basic views. It appears we are basically SOL - Shit Outta
 Luck. Until, of course, we realize that it is our approval and
 our participation and our money that these fuckers are vying for.
 That's the secret in all this.

 I trust not in the strength and wisdom of over-lords. They are
 fickle and selfish and narrow of perspective and understanding.
 I trust in my citizen friends who see through avarice, who cut
 through the lies and bullshit and deal-making to see the truth
 and understand the proper course of action. 

 Ya'll can't go anywhere without us. Esther, Richard, Karl, Kent,
 the other drones on the Board, the assembled grafters and conn
 artists, the sharks and gouger business men and women, the four
 hundred dollar an hour lawyers and millionaires and dumbass suck
 it all up journalists and even worse Politicians... you all depend
 on us for whatever you have recieved and for whatever is to come.
 You can run, you can even steal, but not for long and you cannot
 hide. We The People outlast all oppression. The general good
 inevitably prevails and so to will it endure here and now.

 Peace. In solidarity, without hesitation or recoil.

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ [email-masked] . http://fcn.net
 http://fcn.net/allisat _ http://fcn.net/draft

---

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:40:06 -0500 (EST)

One Hundred Million.

 Bob Allisat

---

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:13:52 -0500 (EST)

Michael Sondow wrote:
> There's nothing very much left to decide about the NewCo, is 
> there? No one's been able to offer any real alternative. The 
> people on this list went along with it all, really, despite the 
> evidence staring them in the face since July that the IFWP was a 
> smokescreen, and that IANA had it all worked out from in front. 
> Now it's been cooked and served up on a platter. I don't care much 
> for fish, myself, being a meat eater, but it's edible and there's 
> nothing else for dinner. No point in going to bed hungry, is 
> there? Smartest thing to do, it seems to me, is to get a piece 
> before it's all gone. Some of the people already seated at table
> have big appetites.
> 
> Sure, maybe Bliley will wade in, in February after the Congress 
> has reconvened. But since no one came down to Washington to talk 
> to the Commerce Committee, they probably feel there's no support 
> for a protest. Too bad people wait until it's too late, isn't it?
> 
> The prevailing philosophy seems to be that it's easier to just let
> things go to hell and then complain.

 Not necessarily. Many of the people on this list were part and parcel
 of the deal-making. Co-conspirators with the IANA/IETF crowd if you
 like. They just held out for more power, using this IFWP process to 
 tweak an outcome that fullfils the requirements of their commercial
 interests. Recall there have been extensive and private negotiations
 occuring parrallel to all public discussions. Realize as well the utter
 silence of the ORSC/BWG crowd and their lawyers. Seems very likely
 they have been bought off.

 As for "the rest of us" it's just time to dig deeper foxholes, extend
 the trenches a little further back and hundred steps forward and to
 stock pile our resolve and limited resources for an extended conflict. 
 There is no way in hell, speaking for myself and FCN, that all this
 time and effort will be allowed to go to waste.

 There will be at least one thorn is the side of this ICANN compromise.
 And the only way to make it go away is to unconditionally acede to what
 I regard as quite reasonable demands, viewable at <http://fcn.net/draft>.
 You may also keep up with a more realistic version of this ongoing story
 at our site <http://fcn.net>.

 Keep the faith. This ain't over by a long shot. After all it was to be
 expected that individuals all sharing the same basic background, economic
 activity and standards would group together. The startling thing is how
 quickly it occured. This too will pass. There are at least a hundred
 million people out there whose interests have been compromised. Those
 are our constituency and it is those people who will make and then
 break this dirty deal amoung the insiders.

 Peace.

 Bob Allisat

---

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 07:13:52 -0500 (EST)

Peace.

 Bob Allisat