Subject: RTFR: Read The Fine RFCs ....

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 17:59:01 +0800

Mitch Denny asked:

1> What are the current advances in creating a powerful, 
1> extensible, structured and logical name space/convention for 
1> inter connected and isolated networks?

2> What are the current advances in IP address spaces, what 
2> systems are we definately going to use and when do they start 
2> getting actively implemented on the Internet.

Bill Manning replied:

1> See the various RFC's on DNS

2> Please review the RFC's and various ID's on IPv6. Check 
   w/ your vendor(s) on deployment schedules. 

------------------------------------------------------------------

Additional comments:

You might want to browse STD-1 (currently RFC-2400);
        http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2400.txt

For more RFCs information, see also:
        http://www.rfc-editor.org

A list of some 100 not-so-technical RFCs are available at:
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1491/in-rfc1.html

regards,

-- 
Rahmat M.Samik-Ibrahim VLSM-TJT http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6825
[UUCP: http!www!geocities!com!Tokyo!6825   iNTERNET: [email-masked]]