Subject: Black Holing Vixie/RB

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2036 01:31:26 -0500 (EST)

Paul A Vixie <[email-masked]> writes
+ The RBL team and I are kind of wondering what to do about some spam
+ we got. Because blackholing NSI would be of operational concern to a
+ lot of you, I've decided to ponder this question out loud:
+
+ >Technically, this is an opt-out customer-relationship spam.
+ >
+ > I think it is a special case, because _there is no where else to go_.
+ >
+ > 208.226.58.70 should be RBL'ed, IMHO.  Help me.

 Mr. Vixie and his cohorts increasingly
 imagine themselves to be the final and
 ultimate arbiters in matters of Network
 integrity. Having them sit in judgement
 over the Black Holing of successive and
 alleged perpetrators violates numerous
 protections and freedoms all citizens

 It is my opinion that these activities
 have reached their zenith and something
 should be done to finally Black Hole
 Vixie/RBL should they continue on their
 renegade mission of uncontrolled and
 arbitrary censorship. Maybe it is time
 to pull the plug on the ultimate plug
 pullers & black hole the black holers!

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ [email-masked] . http://fcn.net
 http://fcn.net/allisat _ http://fcn.net/draft

---

From: [email-masked] (Uber, Chet)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:06:11 -0600

Bob,

It never amazes me to find you always criticizing those who are trying to
make a change for the better. The RBL team is trying to make a difference,
and all you can do is spout absurd rhetoric about them thinking they "
imagine themselves to be the final and ultimate arbiters in matters of
Network integrity. Having them sit in judgment over the Black Holing of
successive and alleged perpetrators violates numerous protections and
freedoms all citizens."

Vixie is even asking for advice here. Can't you see the difference between
someone who wants to make a difference in our community and the fascist you
paint him to be? What do you mean by "succesive and alleged perpetrators,"
give some examples of people being BH'd that are "successive and alleged."

The more I have used the Internet, the more crap people hurl at my Inbox. I
didn't ask for it, and I don't want it. When I request it to stop, do you
realize the number of people that comply are under 10%. It is about time
someone stood up against the spammers of the world, and took a stand. There
are laws regarding faxing and telephoning unrequested advertisements, why is
email such a stretch for you. If he can back down MSN, I think he has a damn
good chance he and his crew WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE. As only a few states are
dealing with this now; and there are so many loopholes in the laws passed, we
are nowhere near a solution.

Basically (IMHO) if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the
problem. The problem is SPAM.

Finally, If you sic your wannabe hackers/spammers on me like the last time I
made a comment about your ludicrous posts, you will not be happy with the
consequences.

Coldest Regards,
Chet

============================================================
Chet Uber, Chief Technology Officer
World Media Company, a World-Herald Company
http://www.omaha.com [email-masked]
vox 402.444.1158   fax 402.346.7158   pgr 402-899-1854
------------------------------------------------------------
"My life is an MPEG, and I am not the producer.
============================================================

--

---

From: [email-masked] (Uber, Chet)
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 16:06:11 -0600

Bob,

Coldest Regards,
Chet

--

---

From: "mark.paton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:38:03 -0000

Chet,
By answering Bob's rhetoric, you are giving him credence.  Ignore him and hopefully one day
he will go away.  Your points are valid but unfortunately wasted on Bob.  Even if you give him cast iron proof it
would make absolutely no difference.  

Just think of him as a alien on a different planet and hopefully he will one decade get the picture.  We are not 
interested in his inane ramblings and would rather get on with building a better future for the net!

-----Original Message-----
From: Uber, Chet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 27 November 1998 22:06
To: Bob Allisat
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Black Holing Vixie/RB

Bob,

Coldest Regards,
Chet

--

---

From: "mark.paton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 1998 08:38:03 -0000

Chet,

-----Original Message-----
From: Uber, Chet [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: 27 November 1998 22:06
To: Bob Allisat
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Black Holing Vixie/RB

Bob,

Coldest Regards,
Chet

--