Subject: Re: [ifwp] RE: List Security/Integrity

From: Michael Dillon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:58:50 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Andy Sernovitz wrote:

> 1.  Turned off non-member access to the lists' web site

This is bad. It turns IFWP into a closed and private list.

> I could add passwords for each member of the list, but that is a real
> pain for everyone.

If the software cannot do this automatically then it is broken and should
be fixed or replaced.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               E-mail: [email-masked]
Check the website for my Internet World articles -  http://www.memra.com

---

From: Michael Dillon <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 10:58:50 -0800 (PST)

---

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:14:46 -0800

>If the software cannot do this automatically then it is broken and should

In an oblique way, that is what I was trying to state also. But, since we
are not paying for the service, we have to take what we can get. <sigh>
___________________________________________________ 
Roeland M.J. Meyer, ISOC (InterNIC RM993) 
e-mail: <mailto:[email-masked]>[email-masked]
Internet phone: hawk.mhsc.com
Personal web pages: <http://www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer>www.mhsc.com/~rmeyer
Company web-site: <http://www.mhsc.com/>www.mhsc.com/
___________________________________________ 
 Who is John Galt?
 "Atlas Shrugged" - Ayn Rand

---

From: "Roeland M.J. Meyer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 11:14:46 -0800

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:01:20 -0800 (PST)

> This is bad. It turns IFWP into a closed and private list.

it always has been.  subscription was exceedingly difficult, and one found
one'sself unsubscribed two days later.

makes little difference anyway.

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 13:01:20 -0800 (PST)

randy