Subject: availability and reliability

From: Thomas Lowrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 11:45:25 -0800 (PST)

Hello everyone,
I am new to the list and I am very interested in understanding the
availability and reliability of wide area networks.  I have been
reading several books, and a FEDSIM that give a high overview and a
few standard distributions on how to calculate the Avail. and
Reliability across any given set of circuits.  Anyway I am looking
for more information and I am curious as to how this group plans to
address these issues or how they have addressed these issues in the
past.  Any advice or points in the right direction are greatly
appreciated.  

Thanks in advance.
Tom

_________________________________________________________
DO YOU YAHOO!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:23:48 +0800

> I am new to the list and I am very interested in understanding 
> the availability and reliability of wide area networks.  I have 
> been reading several books, and a FEDSIM that give a high 
> overview and a few standard distributions on how to calculate 
> the Avail. and Reliability across any given set of circuits.  
> Anyway I am looking for more information and I am curious as 
> to how this group plans to address these issues or how they have
> addressed these issues in the past.  Any advice or points in the 
> right direction are greatly appreciated.

Hello:

I am not sure whether some has already answered your question
in private. Basically, the information of IETF's activities is
available at:

         <http://www.ietf.org>

WARNING: IAB's web page <http://www.iab.org/iab/> is out of date 
and they might need some reform(asi :-).

You might want to browse STD-1 (currently RFC-2400);
         http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc2400.txt
 
For more RFCs information, see also:
         http://www.rfc-editor.org
 
A list of some 100 not-so-technical RFCs are available at:
http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1491/in-rfc1.html

tabe,

-- 
Rahmat M.Samik-Ibrahim VLSM-TJT http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6825
LINUX,n: the only real working code and rough consensus left(m/tic)

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 14:23:48 +0800

Hello:

         <http://www.ietf.org>

 

tabe,