Subject: MIBs for IPDC and SGCP

From: Jagdish <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:45:09 +0530

Is IETF involved in the work related to the "Definitions of Managed objects" for IPDC protocols and SGCP?
If yes, when can I expect them to be available as RFCs?

Thank you,
Regards,
Jagdish

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:34:20 -0500 (EST)

> for IPDC protocols and SGCP?

not at this time but a new working group is being formed in the transport
area to deal with some of the same issues as IPDC addresses.

Scott

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 07:34:20 -0500 (EST)

Scott

---

From: Ari Ollikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:11:11 -0800

>On Nov 9,  1:45pm, Jagdish wrote:
>> Subject: MIBs for IPDC and SGCP
>>
>This is an action that will undertaken by the -- yet to be chartered --
>"media gateway control" working group. If you feel a strong need for this,
>your contributions are indeed welcome.
>

        Hmmm... I guess this is another case of vendors' premature
        announcement of IETF /interest/activity/support of their
        protocols...Here's an excerpt from Level 3's press release from
        8/5/98:

        TAC Submits IPDC Protocol to Standards Bodies

        The TAC has submitted the IPDC specification draft to both the
        Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and to the International
        Telecommunications Union (ITU) standards bodies. According to Elliott,
        ``bridging of IP-based networks with the PSTN will be facilitated by
        the efforts of the TAC as well as by initiatives already underway in a
        number of forums. Our IPDC draft will be up for discussion at the IETF
        and ITU meetings in August and September, respectively. We look
        forward to discussing the breadth and scope of the IPDC specification
        within both of these organizations.''

      OLTECO                    Ari Ollikainen
      P.O. BOX 3688             Networking Technology and Architecture
      Stanford, CA              [email-masked]
      94309-3688                415.517.3519

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:00:42 -0500 (EST)

there was discussion at the August IETF meeting and the result of that
and other inputs is the new working group

Scott

-----

---

From: Ari Ollikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:11:11 -0800

OLTECO                    Ari Ollikainen

---

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:00:42 -0500 (EST)

Scott

-----

---

From: Ari Ollikainen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:11:11 -0800

OLTECO                    Ari Ollikainen