Subject: Internet Monthly Report for November, 1998

From: IMR Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 12:09:42 -0800

November 1998

INTERNET MONTHLY REPORTS
------------------------

The purpose of these reports is to communicate to the Internet Research
Group the accomplishments, milestones reached, or problems discovered by
the participating organizations.

Each organization is expected to submit a 1/2 page report on the first
business day of the month describing the previous month's activities.
These reports should be submitted via network mail to "[email-masked]".

`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

The Internet Monthly Report mailing list is now managed by MajorDomo at
ISI.EDU.  The announcements of new issues on the Internet Monthly Report
are sent to the IETF-Announce list and to this IMR list.

Requests to be ADDED or DELETED from the Internet Monthly report list
should be sent to "[email-masked]" with the message body either
"subscribe imr" or "unsubscribe imr".

Details on obtaining the current IMR, or back issues, via FTP or EMAIL
may be obtained by sending an EMAIL message to "[email-masked]" with
the message body "help: ways_to_get_imrs".  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting imrs

        help: ways_to_get_imrs

or  URL: http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/imr/

Ramos                                                           [Page 1]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

TABLE OF CONTENTS

  INTERNET ARCHITECTURE BOARD

     IAB MESSAGE . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page  3
     INTERNET ENGINEERING REPORTS  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page  3

  Internet Projects

     INTERNIC. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 26
       Network Solutions Report. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 26
       US Domain Registry. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 27
     MERIT INTERNET ENGINEERING. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 29
     IANA REPORT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 31
     RFC EDITOR REPORT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 32

  CALENDAR OF EVENTS . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 33
    TERENA List of Meetings  . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . page 35

Ramos                                                           [Page 2]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

INTERNET ARCHITECTURE BOARD

     The minutes of the IAB back to 1990 are available for anonymous ftp
     access on host ftp.isi.edu, directory /pub/IAB, or via the IAB
     World-Wide Web page with URL http://www.iab.org/iab/.

     Brian Carpenter IAB Chair

INTERNET ENGINEERING REPORTS
----------------------------

               Internet Monthly Report for November, 1998

  1. The final meeting of the year will be held in Orlando, Florida
     from December 7-11, 1998. This meeting is being hosted by
     Microsoft.

     Once all arrangements have been made, notifications will be sent
     to the IETF Announcement list. Remember that information on
     future meetng sites can always be found in the file
     0mtg-sites.txt, located on the IETF shadow directories. Of
     course, this information is provided on the Web. The IETF's URL
     is:

                          http://www.ietf.org/

  2. The minutes of the IESG teleconferences be found on all the IETF
     shadow directories in the /iesg directory.

     The following IESG minutes have been added:

       September 22, 1998 (iesg.98-09-22)

  3. The IESG approved or recommended the following 22 Protocol
     Actions during the month of November, 1998:

     o Procedure for Defining New DHCP Options for publication as a
       Best Current Practices RFC.

     o Enhancing TCP Over Satellite Channels using Standard Mechanisms
       for publication as a Best Current Practices RFC.

     o URI Resolution Services Necessary for URN Resolution for
       publication as an Experimental Protocol.

Ramos                                                           [Page 3]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     o Roaming Requirements for publication as an Informational RFC.

     o An Architecture for Differentiated Services for publication as
       an Informational RFC.

     o Limitations of Internet Protocol Suite for Distributed
       Simulation in the Large Multicast Environment for publication
       as an Informational RFC.

     o Language Tagging in Unicode Plain Text for publication as an
       Informational RFC.

     o Independent Data Unit Protection Generic Security Service
       Application Program Interface (IDUP-GSS-API) for publication as
       an Informational RFC.

     o SMTP Service Extension for Secure SMTP over TLS for publication
       as a Proposed Standard.

     o Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS1, E1, DS2 and E2
       Interface Types for publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o Definitions of Managed Objects for the DS3/E3 Interface Type
       for publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring -- WEBDAV for
       publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o The Simple and Protected GSS-API Negotiation Mechanism for
       publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o Gateways and MIME Security Multiparts for publication as a
       Proposed Standard.

     o The ESP CBC-Mode Cipher Algorithms for publication as a
       Proposed Standard.

     o Message Submission for publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o Textual Conventions for MIB Modules Using Performance History
       Based on 15 Minute Intervals for publication as a Proposed
       Standard.

     o IPv6 over Non-Broadcast Multiple Access (NBMA) networks for
       publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o IPv6 over ATM Networks for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Ramos                                                           [Page 4]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     o Definition of the Differentiated Services Field (DS Field) in
       the IPv4 and IPv6 Headers for publication as a Proposed
       Standard.

     o PPP LCP Internationalization Configuration Option for
       publication as a Proposed Standard.

     o DHCP Option for User Authentication Protocol for publication as
       a Proposed Standard.

  4. 15 Last Calls were issued by the IESG during the month of
     November, 1998:

     o URN Namespace Definition Mechanisms <draft-ietf-urn-nid-req-07>
       for consideration as a Best Current Practices RFC.

     o RTFM Working Group - New Attributes for Traffic Flow
       Measurement <draft-ietf-rtfm-new-traffic-flow-06> for
       consideration as an Experimental Protocol.

     o RTFM: Applicability Statement
       <draft-ietf-rtfm-applicability-statement-01> for consideration
       as an Informational RFC.

     o Traffic Flow Measurement: Architecture
       <draft-ietf-rtfm-architecture-04> for consideration as an
       Informational RFC.

     o SRL: A Language for Describing Traffic Flows and Specifying
       Actions for Flow Groups <draft-ietf-rtfm-ruleset-language-03>
       for consideration as an Informational RFC.

     o A Method for the Transmission of IPv6 Packets over ARCnet
       Networks. <draft-souvatzis-ipv6-arcnet-04> for consideration as
       a Proposed Standard.

     o Traffic Flow Measurement: Meter MIB
       <draft-ietf-rtfm-meter-mib-06> for consideration as a Proposed
       Standard.

     o Calendar attributes for vCard and LDAP
       <draft-ietf-calsch-locating-01> for consideration as a Proposed
       Standard.

     o Media Features for Display, Print, and Fax
       <draft-ietf-conneg-media-features-02> for consideration as a
       Proposed Standard.

Ramos                                                           [Page 5]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     o IP and ARP over Fibre Channel
       <draft-ietf-ipfc-fibre-channel-03> for consideration as a
       Proposed Standard.

     o DHCP Relay Agent Information Option
       <draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-05> for consideration as a
       Proposed Standard.

     o DHCP Option to Disable Stateless Auto-Configuration in IPv4
       Clients <draft-ietf-dhc-autoconfig-02> for consideration as a
       Proposed Standard.

     o Conformance Statements for SMIv2 <draft-ops-smiv2-conf-00>
       (Standard)

     o Structure of Management Information Version 2 (SMIv2)
       <draft-ops-smiv2-smi-00> (Standard)

     o Textual Conventions for SMIv2 <draft-ops-smiv2-tc-00>
       (Standard)

  5. 7 new working groups were created

       Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (msdp)
       Message Tracking Protocol (msgtrk)
       IS-IS for IP Internets (isis)
       Intrusion Detection Exchange Format (idwg)
       DAV Searching and Locating (dasl)
       Signaling Transport (sigtran)
       LDAP Duplication/Replication/Update Protocols (ldup)

     and one working group was concluded

       LDAP Service Deployment (lsd)

  6. There were 387 Internet-Draft Actions during the month of
     November, 1998:

     (ipfc)     o Definitions of Managed Objects for the Fabric
                  Element in Fibre Channel Standard
                  <draft-ietf-ipfc-fabric-element-mib-04.txt>
     (cat)      o Integrating Single-use Authentication Mechanisms
                  with Kerberos
                  <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-passwords-04.txt>
     (none)     o The Auto-Submitted, Supersedes and Expires Headers
                  in E-mail and Netnews
                  <draft-ietf-mailext-new-fields-14.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 6]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (cat)      o Public Key Cryptography for Initial Authentication
                  in Kerberos
                  <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-init-07.txt>
     (cat)      o Generic Security Service API Version 2 : C-bindings
                  <draft-ietf-cat-gssv2-cbind-08.txt>
     (rsvp)     o RSVP Cryptographic Authentication
                  <draft-ietf-rsvp-md5-07.txt>
     (none)     o SMTP Service Extension for Authentication
                  <draft-myers-smtp-auth-12.txt>
     (atommib)  o Definitions of Textual Conventions and
                  OBJECT-IDENTITIES for ATM Management
                  <draft-ietf-atommib-atm2TC-09.txt>
     (cat)      o Extended Generic Security Service APIs: XGSS-APIs
                  Access control and delegation extensions
                  <draft-ietf-cat-xgssapi-acc-cntrl-03.txt>
     (madman)   o Directory Server Monitoring MIB
                  <draft-ietf-madman-dsa-mib-1-09.txt>
     (mobileip) o Mobility Support in IPv6
                  <draft-ietf-mobileip-ipv6-07.txt>
     (dhc)      o Procedure for Defining New DHCP Options
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-new-options-05.txt>
     (dhc)      o Authentication for DHCP Messages
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-authentication-09.txt>
     (rsvp)     o RSVP Diagnostic Messages
                  <draft-ietf-rsvp-diagnostic-msgs-05.txt>
     (atommib)  o Definitions of Managed Objects for the SONET/SDH
                  Interface Type <draft-ietf-atommib-sonetng-05.txt>
     (atommib)  o Definitions of Managed Objects for ATM Management
                  <draft-ietf-atommib-atm1ng-06.txt>
     (atommib)  o Textual Conventions for MIB Modules Using
                  Performance History Based on 15 Minute Intervals
                  <draft-ietf-atommib-perfhistTC-05.txt>
     (none)     o Message Submission <draft-gellens-submit-13.txt>
     (pppext)   o Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol--PPTP
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-pptp-06.txt>
     (ion)      o Definitions of Managed Objects for the NBMA Next
                  Hop Resolution Protocol (NHRP)
                  <draft-ietf-ion-nhrp-mib-05.txt>
     (issll)    o SBM (Subnet Bandwidth Manager): A Protocol for
                  RSVP-based Admission Control over IEEE 802-style
                  networks <draft-ietf-issll-is802-sbm-07.txt>
     (dhc)      o DHCP Options for Service Location Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-slp-05.txt>
     (dnsind)   o Secret Key Transaction Signatures for DNS (TSIG)
                  <draft-ietf-dnsind-tsig-07.txt>
     (pppext)   o Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP'
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-12.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 7]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (issll)    o A Framework for Providing Integrated Services Over
                  Shared and Switched IEEE 802 LAN Technologies
                  <draft-ietf-issll-is802-framework-05.txt>
     (rmonmib)  o Remote Network Monitoring MIB Extensions for Switch
                  Networks Version 1.0
                  <draft-ietf-rmonmib-smon-05.txt>
     (roamops)  o The Network Access Identifier
                  <draft-ietf-roamops-nai-12.txt>
     (dhc)      o The User Class Option for DHCP
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-userclass-03.txt>
     (bmwg)     o Terminology for Cell/Call Benchmarking
                  <draft-ietf-bmwg-call-03.txt>
     (ssh)      o Users' Security Handbook
                  <draft-ietf-ssh-users-10.txt>
     (svrloc)   o Service Templates and service: Schemes
                  <draft-ietf-svrloc-service-scheme-13.txt>
     (ipp)      o Design Goals for an Internet Printing Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-ipp-req-03.txt>
     (disman)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for the Delegation
                  of Management Scripts
                  <draft-ietf-disman-script-mib-06.txt>
     (drums)    o Internet Message Format Standard
                  <draft-ietf-drums-msg-fmt-06.txt>
     (none)     o The LDAP Data Interchange Format (LDIF) - Technical
                  Specification <draft-good-ldap-ldif-01.txt>
     (svrloc)   o An API for Service Location
                  <draft-ietf-svrloc-api-07.txt>
     (rmonmib)  + Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier
                  Macros <draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-mac-00.txt>
     (cat)      o Public Key Cryptography for Cross-Realm
                  Authentication in Kerberos
                  <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-cross-05.txt>
     (asid)     o Definition of the inetOrgPerson Object Class
                  <draft-smith-ldap-inetorgperson-01.txt>
     (applmib)  o Application Management MIB
                  <draft-ietf-applmib-mib-11.txt>
     (lsma)     o Limitations of Internet Protocol Suite for
                  Distributed Simulation in the Large Multicast
                  Environment <draft-ietf-lsma-limitations-04.txt>
     (tls)      o The TLS Protocol Version 1.0
                  <draft-ietf-tls-protocol-06.txt>
     (ippm)     o A One-way Delay Metric for IPPM
                  <draft-ietf-ippm-delay-05.txt>
     (none)     o Multicast Tag Binding and Distribution using PIM
                  <draft-farinacci-multicast-tagsw-01.txt>
     (dhc)      o DHCP Relay Agent Information Option
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-agent-options-05.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 8]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (mmusic)   o SIP: Session Initiation Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-10.txt,.ps>
     (frnetmib) o Frame Relay Switched PVC MIB
                  <draft-ietf-frnetmib-spvc-02.txt>
     (rmonmib)  o Remote Network Monitoring Management Information
                  Base for High Capacity Networks
                  <draft-ietf-rmonmib-hcrmon-04.txt>
     (roamops)  o The Accounting Data Interchange Format (ADIF)
                  <draft-ietf-roamops-actng-05.txt>
     (pppext)   o Semi Connected Mode for PPP links
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-scm-01.txt>
     (run)      o DON'T SPEW A Set of Guidelines for Mass Unsolicited
                  Mailings and Postings (spam*)
                  <draft-ietf-run-spew-07.txt>
     (none)     o DIAMETER Base Protocol
                  <draft-calhoun-diameter-07.txt>
     (none)     o DIAMETER Extensible Authentication Protocol
                  Extensions <draft-calhoun-diameter-eap-02.txt>
     (ippm)     o A One-way Packet Loss Metric for IPPM
                  <draft-ietf-ippm-loss-05.txt>
     (dhc)      o The Server Selection Option for DHCP
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-sso-02.txt>
     (none)     o SMTP Service Extension for Secure SMTP over TLS
                  <draft-hoffman-smtp-ssl-10.txt>
     (ipp)      o Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Model and Semantics
                  <draft-ietf-ipp-model-11.txt>
     (avt)      o Real-Time Transport Protocol Management Information
                  Base <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-mib-03.txt>
     (rps)      o Using RPSL in Practice
                  <draft-ietf-rps-appl-rpsl-03.txt,.ps>
     (tcpimpl)  o Known TCP Implementation Problems
                  <draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt>
     (avt)      o RTP Profile for Audio and Video Conferences with
                  Minimal Control
                  <draft-ietf-avt-profile-new-04.txt,.ps>
     (ipngwg)   o Separating Identifiers and Locators in Addresses:
                  An Analysis of the GSE Proposal for IPv6
                  <draft-ietf-ipngwg-esd-analysis-03.txt>
     (ipngwg)   o Router Renumbering for IPv6
                  <draft-ietf-ipngwg-router-renum-06.txt>
     (ion)      o A Distributed ATMARP Service Using SCSP
                  <draft-ietf-ion-scsp-atmarp-01.txt>
     (disman)   o Expression MIB
                  <draft-ietf-disman-express-mib-07.txt>
     (none)     o Internationalized Uniform Resource Identifiers
                  (IURI) <draft-masinter-url-i18n-03.txt>
     (issll)    o Network Element Service Specification for Low Speed
                  Networks <draft-ietf-issll-isslow-svcmap-04.txt>

Ramos                                                           [Page 9]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (dnssec)   o Storage of Diffie-Hellman Keys in the Domain Name
                  System (DNS) <draft-ietf-dnssec-dhk-03.txt>
     (ldapext)  o Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (v3):
                  Extension for Transport Layer Security
                  <draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-tls-04.txt>
     (find)     o The Architecture of the Common Indexing Protocol
                  (CIP) <draft-ietf-find-cip-arch-02.txt>
     (find)     o MIME Object Definitions for the Common Indexing
                  Protocol (CIP) <draft-ietf-find-cip-mime-03.txt>
     (none)     o Advise on the implementation of In-Reply-To,
                  References and Supersedes e-mail and netnews
                  headers <draft-palme-newfields-info-02.txt>
     (cat)      o The Kerberos Network Authentication Service (V5)
                  <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-revisions-03.txt>
     (dnsind)   o Reserved Top Level DNS Names
                  <draft-ietf-dnsind-test-tlds-12.txt>
     (ipp)      o Mapping between LPD and IPP Protocols
                  <draft-ietf-ipp-lpd-ipp-map-05.txt>
     (ipp)      o Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Encoding and
                  Transport <draft-ietf-ipp-protocol-07.txt>
     (ipp)      o Rationale for the Structure of the Model and
                  Protocol for the Internet Printing Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-ipp-rat-04.txt>
     (webdav)   o HTTP Extensions for Distributed Authoring -- WEBDAV
                  <draft-ietf-webdav-protocol-10.txt>
     (dnssec)   o Domain Name System Security Extensions
                  <draft-ietf-dnssec-secext2-06.txt>
     (ngtrans)  o Stateless IP/ICMP Translator (SIIT)
                  <draft-ietf-ngtrans-siit-03.txt>
     (issll)    o Integrated Service Mappings on IEEE 802 Networks
                  <draft-ietf-issll-is802-svc-mapping-03.txt>
     (avt)      o RTP Payload for DTMF Digits
                  <draft-ietf-avt-dtmf-01.txt>
     (idmr)     o Border Gateway Multicast Protocol (BGMP): Protocol
                  Specification <draft-ietf-idmr-gum-04.txt>
     (ptopomib) o Physical Topology MIB
                  <draft-ietf-ptopomib-mib-03.txt>
     (ptopomib) o Physical Topology Discovery Protocol and MIB
                  <draft-ietf-ptopomib-pdp-03.txt>
     (dhc)      o The Domain Search Option for DHCP
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-domsrch-02.txt>
     (2000)     o The Internet and the Millenium Problem (Year 2000)
                  <draft-ietf-2000-issue-04.txt>
     (avt)      o An RTP Payload Format for Generic Forward Error
                  Correction <draft-ietf-avt-fec-04.txt>
     (dnsind)   o Local Domain (DNS) Names
                  <draft-ietf-dnsind-local-names-06.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 10]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (radius)   o RADIUS Accounting Client MIB
                  <draft-ietf-radius-acc-clientmib-02.txt>
     (radius)   o RADIUS Accounting Server MIB
                  <draft-ietf-radius-acc-servmib-02.txt>
     (radius)   o RADIUS Authentication Client MIB
                  <draft-ietf-radius-auth-clientmib-02.txt>
     (radius)   o RADIUS Authentication Server MIB
                  <draft-ietf-radius-auth-servmib-02.txt>
     (none)     o Using TLS with IMAP4, POP3 and ACAP
                  <draft-newman-tls-imappop-05.txt>
     (nntpext)  o Network News Transport Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-nntpext-base-06.txt>
     (none)     o The SRP Authentication and Key Exchange System
                  <draft-wu-srp-auth-02.txt>
     (dnssec)   o Storing Certificates in the Domain Name System
                  (DNS) <draft-ietf-dnssec-certs-03.txt>
     (none)     o Telnet Authentication: SRP
                  <draft-wu-telnet-auth-srp-02.txt>
     (pppext)   o Layer Two Tunneling Protocol 'L2TP' Management
                  Information Base
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-mib-03.txt>
     (http)     o Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1
                  <draft-ietf-http-v11-spec-rev-06.txt,.ps>
     (urlreg)   o Guidelines for new URL Schemes
                  <draft-ietf-urlreg-guide-04.txt>
     (smime)    o Cryptographic Message Syntax
                  <draft-ietf-smime-cms-09.txt>
     (manet)    o Mobile Ad Hoc Networking Terminology
                  <draft-ietf-manet-term-01.txt>
     (svrloc)   o Service Location Protocol, Version 2
                  <draft-ietf-svrloc-protocol-v2-11.txt>
     (ldapext)  o Authentication Methods for LDAP
                  <draft-ietf-ldapext-authmeth-03.txt>
     (none)     o Anti-Spam Recommendations for SMTP MTAs
                  <draft-lindberg-anti-spam-mta-06.txt>
     (ipngwg)   o Basic Socket Interface Extensions for IPv6
                  <draft-ietf-ipngwg-bsd-api-new-04.txt>
     (dhc)      o DHCP Failover Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-failover-03.txt>
     (ippm)     o IPPM Metrics for Measuring Connectivity
                  <draft-ietf-ippm-connectivity-04.txt>
     (rap)      o A Framework for Policy-based Admission Control
                  <draft-ietf-rap-framework-01.txt>
     (none)     o GSS Algorithm for TSIG (GSS-TSIG)
                  <draft-skwan-gss-tsig-03.txt>
     (spki)     o SPKI Certificate Theory
                  <draft-ietf-spki-cert-theory-04.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 11]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (manet)    o Ad Hoc On Demand Distance Vector (AODV) Routing
                  <draft-ietf-manet-aodv-02.txt>
     (tcpsat)   o Ongoing TCP Research Related to Satellites
                  <draft-ietf-tcpsat-res-issues-05.txt>
     (iab)      o The Case for IPv6
                  <draft-ietf-iab-case-for-ipv6-03.txt>
     (calsch)   o CAP Requirements <draft-ietf-calsch-capreq-02.txt>
     (calsch)   o ICalendar Real-time Interoperability Protocol
                  (IRIP) <draft-ietf-calsch-irip-02.txt>
     (ldapext)  o LDAP Extensions for Scrolling View Browsing of
                  Search Results
                  <draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-vlv-02.txt>
     (ipsec)    o Extended Authentication Within ISAKMP/Oakley
                  <draft-ietf-ipsec-isakmp-xauth-03.txt>
     (vrrp)     o Definitions of Managed Objects for the Virtual
                  Router Redundancy Protocol using SNMPv2
                  <draft-ietf-vrrp-mib-03.txt>
     (none)     o BGP Security Analysis
                  <draft-murphy-bgp-secr-02.txt>
     (ngtrans)  o Network Address Translation - Protocol Translation
                  (NAT-PT] <draft-ietf-ngtrans-natpt-03.txt>
     (avt)      o Guidelines for Writers of RTP Payload Format
                  Specifications
                  <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-format-guidelines-01.txt,.ps>
     (mpls)     o Use of Label Switching on Frame Relay Networks
                  Specification <draft-ietf-mpls-fr-03.txt>
     (disman)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for Scheduling
                  Management Operations
                  <draft-ietf-disman-schedule-mib-06.txt>
     (avt)      o RTP: A Transport Protocol for Real-Time
                  Applications <draft-ietf-avt-rtp-new-02.txt,.ps>
     (none)     o Multipath Issues in Unicast and Multicast
                  <draft-thaler-multipath-01.txt>
     (none)     o IP Private Address Identification (PAID)
                  <draft-yliteo-mobileip-paid-01.txt>
     (rap)      o The COPS (Common Open Policy Service) Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-rap-cops-03.txt>
     (snmpv3)   o User-based Security Model (USM) for version 3 of
                  the Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMPv3)
                  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-usm-v2-03.txt>
     (none)     o Telnet SASL Option
                  <draft-newman-telnet-sasl-01.txt>
     (cat)      o Public Key Cryptography for KDC Recovery in
                  Kerberos V5
                  <draft-ietf-cat-kerberos-pk-recovery-01.txt>
     (none)     o Telnet Data Encryption Option
                  <draft-tso-telnet-encryption-01.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 12]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (none)     o Telnet Authentication Option
                  <draft-tso-telnet-auth-enc-01.txt>
     (none)     o Telnet Authentication: Kerberos Version 5
                  <draft-tso-telnet-krb5-01.txt>
     (none)     o Telnet Encryption: DES 64 bit Cipher Feedback
                  <draft-tso-telnet-enc-des-cfb-01.txt>
     (none)     o Telnet Encryption: DES 64 bit Output Feedback
                  <draft-tso-telnet-enc-des-ofb-01.txt>
     (dnsind)   o A New Scheme for the Compression of Domain Names
                  <draft-ietf-dnsind-local-compression-03.txt>
     (printmib) o Printer Finishing MIB
                  <draft-ietf-printmib-finishing-07.txt>
     (dnssec)   o DNS Operational Security Considerations
                  <draft-ietf-dnssec-secops-02.txt>
     (nntpext)  + An NNTP Extension for Dynamic Feed Adjustment
                  <draft-ietf-nntpext-dynfeed-00.txt>
     (none)     o Mobile IP extension for Private Internets Support
                  (MPN) <draft-teoyli-mobileip-mvpn-01.txt>
     (mboned)   o IP Multicast and Firewalls
                  <draft-ietf-mboned-mcast-firewall-02.txt>
     (pint)     o Toward the PSTN/Internet Inter-Networking
                  --Pre-PINT Implementations
                  <draft-ietf-pint-pre-implement-03.txt>
     (ippm)     o Instantaneous Packet Delay Variation Metric for
                  IPPM <draft-ietf-ippm-ipdv-02.txt>
     (webdav)   o Requirements for Advanced Collection Functionality
                  in WebDAV
                  <draft-ietf-webdav-collection-reqts-03.txt>
     (none)     o DAV Searching and Locating
                  <draft-reddy-dasl-protocol-04.txt>
     (urlreg)   o Registration Procedures for URL Scheme Names
                  <draft-ietf-urlreg-procedures-04.txt>
     (pkix)     o Certificate Management Messages over CMS
                  <draft-ietf-pkix-cmc-02.txt>
     (none)     o An Abstract API for Multicast Address Allocation
                  <draft-ietf-malloc-api-04.txt>
     (none)     o MPLS Loop Prevention Mechanism
                  <draft-ohba-mpls-loop-prevention-02.txt>
     (none)     o Static Multicast
                  <draft-ohta-static-multicast-01.txt>
     (rap)      o RSVP Extensions for Policy Control
                  <draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-ext-01.txt>
     (fax)      o Extended Facsimile Using Internet Mail
                  <draft-ietf-fax-eifax-11.txt>
     (none)     o HTTP Extension Framework
                  <draft-frystyk-http-extensions-01.txt>
     (adslmib)  o Definitions of Managed Objects for the ADSL Lines
                  <draft-ietf-adslmib-adsllinemib-03.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 13]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (iab)      o Architectural Implications of NAT
                  <draft-iab-nat-implications-02.txt>
     (pppext)   o PPP LCP Internationalization Configuration Option
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-lcp-charset-07.txt>
     (bridge)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for Bridges with
                  Traffic Classes, Multicast Filtering and Virtual
                  LAN Extensions <draft-ietf-bridge-bridgemib-03.txt>
     (none)     o ARP and IP Broadcast over HIPPI-800
                  <draft-pittet-hippiarp-01.txt>
     (ldapext)  o Access Control Model for LDAP
                  <draft-ietf-ldapext-acl-model-01.txt>
     (none)     o The audio/mpeg Media Type
                  <draft-nilsson-audio-mpeg-01.txt>
     (none)     o NFS Version 2 and Version 3 Security Issues and the
                  NFS Protocol's Use of RPCSEC_GSS and Kerberos V5
                  <draft-eisler-nfssec-02.txt>
     (none)     o Building Directories from DNS: Experiences from
                  WWWSeeker <draft-rfced-info-moats-02.txt>
     (none)     o Requirements for Simple Workflow Access Protocol
                  <draft-sreddy-swap-requirements-02.txt>
     (ip1394)   + DHCP on IEEE 1394 <draft-ietf-ip1394-dhcp-00.txt>
     (hubmib)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for IEEE 802.3
                  Medium Attachment Units (MAUs) using SMIv2
                  <draft-ietf-hubmib-mau-mib-v2-01.txt>
     (none)     o NNTP Authentication
                  <draft-newman-nntpext-auth-01.txt>
     (smime)    o Diffie-Hellman Key Agreement Method
                  <draft-ietf-smime-x942-03.txt>
     (webdav)   o WebDAV Advanced Collections Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-webdav-collection-protocol-02.txt>
     (urn)      o Assignment Procedures for the URI Resolution using
                  DNS (RFC2168)
                  <draft-ietf-urn-net-procedures-01.txt>
     (none)     o Simple RTP Multiplexing Transfer Methods for VoIP
                  <draft-tanigawa-rtp-multiplex-01.txt>
     (none)     o Secure, Remote Access over the Internet using IPSec
                  <draft-gupta-ipsec-remote-access-01.txt>
     (pppext)   o L2TP Dynamic Data Window Adjustment
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpdwin-01.txt>
     (diffserv) o A Framework for Use of RSVP with Diff-serv Networks
                  <draft-ietf-diffserv-rsvp-01.txt>
     (none)     o Where to terminate a phone call
                  <draft-faltstrom-e164-01.txt>
     (none)     o PGPticket
                  <draft-moscaritolo-mione-pgpticket-01.txt>
     (smime)    o Domain Security Services using S/MIME
                  <draft-ietf-smime-domsec-01.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 14]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (none)     o Transmission of IPv6 Packets over IEEE 1394
                  Networks <draft-fujisawa-ip1394-ipv6-01.txt>
     (none)     o The vCard v3.0 XML DTD
                  <draft-dawson-vcard-xml-dtd-02.txt>
     (nat)      o Traditional IP Network Address Translator
                  (Traditional NAT)
                  <draft-ietf-nat-traditional-01.txt>
     (diffserv) o Requirements of Diff-serv Boundary Routers
                  <draft-bernet-diffedge-01.txt>
     (usefor)   o Cancel-Locks in Usenet articles.
                  <draft-ietf-usefor-cancel-lock-01.txt>
     (none)     o DIAMETER: Policy and Accounting Extension for SIP
                  <draft-pan-diameter-sip-01.txt>
     (none)     o DIAMETER Mobile IP Extensions
                  <draft-calhoun-diameter-mobileip-01.txt>
     (snmpv3)   o View-based Access Control Model (VACM) for the
                  Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
                  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-vacm-02.txt>
     (diffserv) o Assured Forwarding PHB Group
                  <draft-ietf-diffserv-af-03.txt>
     (madman)   o Network Services Monitoring MIB
                  <draft-ietf-madman-netsm-mib-01.txt>
     (pim)      o Protocol Independent Multicast Version 2 Dense Mode
                  Specification <draft-ietf-pim-v2-dm-01.txt>
     (drums)    o Augmented BNF for Syntax Specifications: ABNF
                  <draft-ietf-drums-abnf-v2-01.txt>
     (tcpimpl)  o TCP Congestion Control
                  <draft-ietf-tcpimpl-cong-control-01.txt>
     (pppext)   o L2TP Over AAL5 and FUNI
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-atm-01.txt>
     (hubmib)   o Definitions of Managed Objects for the
                  Ethernet-like Interface Types
                  <draft-ietf-hubmib-etherif-mib-v2-01.txt>
     (snmpv3)   o An Architecture for Describing SNMP Management
                  Frameworks <draft-ietf-snmpv3-arch-02.txt>
     (ipp)      o Internet Printing Protocol/NV: IPP URL Scheme
                  <draft-ietf-ipp-ipp-scheme-01.txt>
     (entmib)   o Entity MIB using SMIv2 (Version 2)
                  <draft-ietf-entmib-v2-01.txt>
     (mpls)     o LDP Specification <draft-ietf-mpls-ldp-02.txt>
     (none)     o The TEXT/PLAIN FORMAT Parameter
                  <draft-gellens-format-02.txt>
     (none)     o A Method for Transmitting PPP Over Ethernet 'PPPoE'
                  <draft-carrel-info-pppoe-02.txt>
     (pint)     o The PINT Profile of SIP and SDP: a Protocol for IP
                  Access to Telephone Call Services
                  <draft-ietf-pint-profile-01.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 15]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (none)     o The Network Access Server
                  <draft-beadles-nas-01.txt>
     (none)     o Layer Two Tunnelling Protocol: ATM access
                  extensions.
                  <draft-tjoens-pppext-l2tp-atmext-01.txt>
     (rps)      + PGP authentication for RIPE database updates
                  <draft-ietf-rps-dbsec-pgp-authent-00.txt>
     (none)     o ACAP Mailbox Dataset Class
                  <draft-greenfield-acap-mbox-01.txt>
     (nat)      o IP Network Address Translator (NAT) Protocol
                  Issues. <draft-ietf-nat-protocol-issues-01.txt>
     (malloc)   o Multicast address allocation based on the Dynamic
                  Host Configuration Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-malloc-mdhcp-01.txt>
     (snmpv3)   o Coexistence between Version 1, Version 2, and
                  Version 3 of the Internet-standard Network
                  Management Framework
                  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-coex-02.txt>
     (diffserv) o An Expedited Forwarding PHB
                  <draft-ietf-diffserv-phb-ef-01.txt>
     (cat)      o Access Control Framework for Distributed
                  Applications <draft-ietf-cat-acc-cntrl-frmw-01.txt>
     (avt)      o Sampling of the Group Membership in RTP
                  <draft-ietf-avt-rtpsample-01.txt>
     (cat)      o Generic Authorization and Access control
                  Application Program Interface C-bindings
                  <draft-ietf-cat-gaa-cbind-01.txt>
     (none)     o SCRAPI - A Simple 'Bare Bones' API for RSVP
                  <draft-lindell-rsvp-scrapi-01.txt,.ps>
     (rap)      o COPS Usage for Differentiated Services
                  <draft-ietf-rap-cops-ds-01.txt>
     (none)     + Conformance Statements for SMIv2
                  <draft-ops-smiv2-conf-00.txt>
     (none)     + Structure of Management Information Version 2
                  (SMIv2) <draft-ops-smiv2-smi-00.txt>
     (none)     + Textual Conventions for SMIv2
                  <draft-ops-smiv2-tc-00.txt>
     (dhc)      o DHCP Option for User Authentication Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-dhc-options-uap-02.txt>
     (snmpv3)   o Message Processing and Dispatching for the Simple
                  Network Management Protocol (SNMP)
                  <draft-ietf-snmpv3-mpc-02.txt>
     (cat)      o The Kerberos Version 5 GSSAPI Mechanism, Version 2
                  <draft-ietf-cat-krb5gss-mech2-02.txt>
     (none)     o Anti-UBE and Anti-UCE Keywords in SMTP Banners
                  <draft-hoffman-legis-smtp-banner-03.txt>
     (dnsind)   o Extensions to DNS (EDNS1)
                  <draft-ietf-dnsind-edns1-01.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 16]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (dnsind)   o A DNS RR for specifying the location of services
                  (DNS SRV) <draft-ietf-dnsind-rfc2052bis-01.txt>
     (none)     o MIME Types for Use with the ISO ILL Protocol
                  <draft-needleman-mime-ill-02.txt>
     (nfsv4)    o NFS Version 4 Requirements
                  <draft-ietf-nfsv4-requirements-03.txt>
     (mpls)     o MPLS using ATM VC Switching
                  <draft-ietf-mpls-atm-01.txt>
     (none)     o LDAP Replication Architecture
                  <draft-merrells-ldup-model-01.txt>
     (ipsec)    o IPSec Monitoring MIB <draft-ietf-ipsec-mib-02.txt>
     (conneg)   o A syntax for describing media feature sets
                  <draft-ietf-conneg-feature-syntax-03.txt>
     (fax)      o Content feature schema for Internet fax
                  <draft-ietf-fax-feature-schema-03.txt>
     (poisson)  o Bylaws for a Protocol Support Organization
                  <draft-ietf-poisson-pso-bl-01.txt>
     (none)     o Using Digest Authentication as a SASL Mechanism
                  <draft-leach-digest-sasl-01.txt>
     (pppext)   o Microsoft PPP CHAP Extensions, Version 2
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-mschap-v2-02.txt>
     (pppext)   o Deriving MPPE Keys From MS-CHAP V2 Credentials
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-mschapv2-keys-02.txt>
     (rap)      o COPS usage for RSVP
                  <draft-ietf-rap-cops-rsvp-01.txt>
     (none)     o The Use of the Internet Print Protocol [IPP] as a
                  Facsimile Service [FAX]
                  <draft-shockey-ipp2ifax-01.txt>
     (none)     o Media Gateway Control Protocol (MGCP)
                  <draft-huitema-MGCP-v0r1-01.txt>
     (none)     + LDP State Machine <draft-wu-mpls-ldp-state-00.txt>
     (none)     + T/UDP: UDP for TCAP <draft-ma-tudp-00.txt>
     (none)     + Shared Registry System Protocol (SRSP)
                  <draft-crispin-srs-00.txt>
     (none)     + Neda's Efficient Mail Submission and Delivery
                  (EMSD) <draft-rfced-info-banan-00.txt>
     (manet)    + MANET Routing Protocol Applicability Statement
                  <draft-ietf-manet-appl-00.txt>
     (dhc)      + DHCP Use of the User Class Option for Address
                  Assignment <draft-ietf-dhc-useraddr-00.txt>
     (none)     + The 'eid' URL Scheme
                  <draft-finseth-eid-url-scheme-00.txt>
     (none)     + DIAMETER Reliable Transport Extensions
                  <draft-calhoun-diameter-reliable-00.txt>
     (trade)    + Digital Signatures for XML
                  <draft-ietf-trade-xml-sig-00.txt>
     (none)     + Route Reflection Considered Harmful
                  <draft-dube-route-reflection-harmful-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 17]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (none)     + Tree-based Reliable Multicast (TRAM)
                  <draft-kadansky-tram-00.txt>
     (pint)     + A Proposal for Internet Call Waiting Service using
                  SIP An Implementation Report
                  <draft-ietf-pint-icw-00.txt>
     (none)     + Scoped Address Discovery Protocol (SADP)
                  <draft-kermode-sadp-00.txt>
     (pppext)   + PPP over Simple Data Link (SDL) using SONET/SDH
                  with ATM-like framing
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-sdl-00.txt>
     (none)     + Requirements For Control Of A Media Services
                  Function <draft-cromwell-navdec-media-req-00.txt>
     (none)     + Dynamic RT/NRT PHB Group
                  <draft-loukola-dynamic-00.txt>
     (trade)    + Internet Open Trading Protocol (IOTP) HTTP
                  Supplement <draft-ietf-trade-iotp-http-00.txt>
     (nat)      + IP Network Address Translator Application
                  Programming Interface <draft-ietf-nat-api-00.txt>
     (none)     + An Architecture for Supporting Human Friendly
                  Identifiers
                  <draft-mealling-human-friendly-identifier-arch-00.txt>
     (ipsec)    + Intra-Domain Group Key Management Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-ipsec-intragkm-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Multihoming solution using NATs
                  <draft-akkiraju-nat-multihoming-00.txt>
     (tcpimpl)  + The NewReno Modification to TCP's Fast Recovery
                  Algorithm <draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-00.txt>
     (avt)      + An RTP Payload Format for Reed Solomon Codes
                  <draft-ietf-avt-reedsolomon-00.txt>
     (none)     + BGP/MPLS VPNs <draft-rosen-vpn-mpls-00.txt>
     (poisson)  + Procedures for IETF appointments to the Protocol
                  Supporting Organization
                  <draft-ietf-poisson-appts-00.txt>
     (none)     + Media Gateway Control Protocol (SGCP) Call Flows
                  <draft-huitema-mgcp-flows-00.txt>
     (none)     + Security Considerations for Mobility and Firewalls
                  <draft-binkrich-mobisec-00.txt>
     (dnssec)   + Simple Secure Domain Name System (DNS) Dynamic
                  Update <draft-ietf-dnssec-simple-update-00.txt>
     (avt)      + GeRM: Generic RTP Multiplexing
                  <draft-ietf-avt-germ-00.txt,.ps>
     (none)     + UTF-16, an encoding of ISO 10646
                  <draft-hoffman-utf16-00.txt>
     (none)     + Registration for the 'widetext' Media Type
                  <draft-hoffman-widetext-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Performance Oriented Service Interface for
                  Virtual Private Networks
                  <draft-duffield-vpn-qos-framework-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 18]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (pim)      + Authenticating PIM version 2 messages
                  <draft-ietf-pim-v2-auth-00.txt>
     (nat)      + Security for IP Network Address Translator (NAT)
                  Domains <draft-ietf-nat-security-00.txt>
     (none)     + Diffie-Hellman Signing Algorithm
                  <draft-schaad-dhsign-00.txt>
     (none)     + Aggregation of Internet Integrated Services State
                  using Parameter-based Admission Control
                  <draft-greis-aggregation-with-pbac-00.txt>
     (none)     + Service Requirements for Internet Telephony
                  Signaling and Device Control Protocols
                  <draft-sinnreich-sigdevctrl-00.txt>
     (none)     + SIP For Presence <draft-rosenberg-sip-pip-00.txt>
     (none)     + Mail Monitoring MIB
                  <draft-ietf-madman-email-mib-00.txt>
     (none)     + SMTP Service Extension for Command Pipelining
                  <draft-freed-smtp-pipe-00.txt>
     (none)     + Sieve -- IMAP flag Extension
                  <draft-melnikov-sieve-imapflags-00.txt>
     (none)     + IP Multicast Applications: Challenges and Solutions
                  <draft-quinn-multicast-apps-00.txt>
     (iptel)    + A Framework for a Peer Gatekeeper Routing Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-iptel-pgrp-framework-00.txt>
     (none)     + RTP Generic Payload with Scaleable & Flexible Error
                  Resiliency <draft-guillemot-genrtp-00.txt>
     (none)     + Common Gateway Interface for SIP
                  <draft-lennox-sip-cgi-00.txt,.ps>
     (none)     + E.164 Resolution <draft-brown-e164-00.txt>
     (ngtrans)  + Categorizing Translators between IPv4 and IPv6
                  <draft-ietf-ngtrans-translator-00.txt>
     (none)     + Partitioning Label Space among Multicast Routers on
                  a Common Subnet
                  <draft-farinacci-multicast-label-part-00.txt>
     (none)     + RTSP-based Stream Control in MPEG-4
                  <draft-christ-rtsp-mpeg4-00.txt>
     (rmonmib)  + Remote Network Monitoring MIB Protocol Identifier
                  Reference <draft-ietf-rmonmib-rmonprot-ref-00.txt>
     (none)     + A SOCKS-based IPv6/IPv4 Translator Architecture
                  <draft-kitamura-socks-ipv6-trans-arch-00.txt>
     (ngtrans)  + Dual Stack Hosts using the 'Bump-in-the-Stack'
                  Technique
                  <draft-ietf-ngtrans-dual-stack-hosts-00.txt>
     (none)     + Regional Aware Foreign Agent (RAFA) for Fast Local
                  Handoffs <draft-chuafoo-mobileip-rafa-00.txt>
     (pppext)   + Framework for L2TP Message Extensions
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tpmsgext-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Syntax For The MGCP Audio Package
                  <draft-cromwell-navdec-mgcp-audio-pkg-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 19]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (none)     + Amendments to the Assured Forwarding PHB Group
                  <draft-firoiu-diffserv-af-amend-00.txt>
     (none)     + TLSMUX - Multiplexed TLS for uniform encrypted
                  access to local services <draft-wong-tlsmux-00.txt>
     (nat)      + NAT Friendly Application Design Guidelines
                  <draft-ietf-nat-app-guide-00.txt>
     (mmusic)   + Session Announcement Protocol: Version 2
                  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sap-v2-00.txt>
     (none)     + IEEE 1394 Asynchronous Streams
                  <draft-johansson-ip1394-asynch-streams-00.txt,.ps>
     (ipngwg)   + Initial IPv6 Sub-TLA ID Assignments
                  <draft-ietf-ipngwg-iana-tla-00.txt>
     (none)     + FTP Client MIB
                  <draft-stewart-ftp-client-mib-00.txt>
     (none)     + Logical addressing and routing for
                  multicasting(LAR)
                  <draft-pansiot-logical-addressing-00.txt>
     (pppext)   + Mobile PPP (MPPP) <draft-ietf-pppext-mppp-00.txt>
     (none)     + TCP Performance Enhancing Proxy Terminology
                  <draft-griner-tcppep-term-00.txt>
     (none)     + Bulk File MIB <draft-stewart-bulk-file-mib-00.txt>
     (none)     + Media Gateway Architecture: A Functional Model of
                  the Media Gateway
                  <draft-cuervo-navdec-mg-arch-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Bounded-delay service for the internet
                  <draft-carter-bounded-delay-00.txt>
     (none)     + Requirements TV Broadcast URI Schemes
                  <draft-tenkate-tvweb-uri-reqs-00.txt>
     (tls)      + Upgrading to TLS Within HTTP/1.1
                  <draft-ietf-tls-http-upgrade-00.txt>
     (none)     + The iCalendar XML DTD
                  <draft-dawson-ical-xml-dtd-00.txt>
     (none)     + On-Demand Multicast Routing Protocol (ODMRP) for
                  Ad-Hoc Networks <draft-gerla-manet-odmrp-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Functional Description of a SIP-PSTN Gateway
                  <draft-donovan-sip-gw-client-00.txt>
     (avt)      + RTP Payload format for Interleaved Media
                  <draft-ietf-avt-interleaving-00.txt>
     (urn)      + Resolution of Uniform Resource Identifiers using
                  the Domain Name System
                  <draft-ietf-urn-dns-rds-00.txt>
     (urn)      + The Naming Authority Pointer (NAPTR) DNS Resource
                  Record <draft-ietf-urn-naptr-rr-00.txt>
     (none)     + PPP Internet Protocol Control Protocol Extensions
                  for IP Subnet <draft-heinanen-ppp-subnet-00.txt>
     (none)     + IP VPN Realization using MPLS Tunnels
                  <draft-casey-vpn-mpls-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 20]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (mobileip) + Mobile IP Dynamic Home Address Allocation
                  Extensions
                  <draft-ietf-mobileip-home-addr-alloc-00.txt>
     (none)     + Mobile Service Discovery Over Wireless Links
                  <draft-jawanda-sdow-00.txt>
     (pppext)   + Always On Dynamic ISDN (AODI).
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-aodi-00.txt>
     (none)     + RSVP Killer Reservations
                  <draft-talwar-rsvp-kr-00.txt>
     (none)     + An extended IP VPN Architecture
                  <draft-casey-vpn-extns-00.txt>
     (none)     + RSVP Support for Mobile IP Version 6 in Wireless
                  Environments
                  <draft-fhns-rsvp-support-in-mipv6-00.txt>
     (none)     + Simpler and More Secure Architectures for SNMPv3
                  <draft-maughan-nsa-snmpv3-sec-00.txt>
     (none)     + Scenarios for an Internet-Scale Event Notification
                  Service (ISENS) <draft-khare-notification-00.txt>
     (none)     + Problem Statement, Requirements, and Solution
                  Outline <draft-frystyk-httpng-overview-00.txt>
     (iab)      + Report on the 1998 IAB Routing Workshop
                  <draft-iab-rtr-workshop-00.txt>
     (uswg)     + Obsolete FYI Documents
                  <draft-ietf-uswg-historic-00.txt>
     (manet)    + Optimized Link State Routing Protocol
                  <draft-ietf-manet-olsr-00.txt>
     (none)     + Optimizing TCP over Satellite ATM Networks
                  <draft-goyal-tcpsat-tcpatm-00.txt>
     (none)     + Routing of Multimedia Connections when Interworking
                  with PSTN, ATM, and IP Networks
                  <draft-ash-itu-sg2-qos-routing-00.txt>
     (none)     o Differentiated Service Management Information Base
                  using SMIv2 <draft-pan-diffserv-mib-01.txt>
     (rps)      + Routing Policy Specification Language (RPSL)
                  <draft-ietf-rps-rpsl-v2-00.txt,.ps>
     (none)     + SOCKS64: An IPv4-IPv6 intercommunication gateway
                  using SOCKS5 protocol
                  <draft-jinzaki-socks64-00.txt>
     (ipp)      + Internet Printing Protocol/1.0: Implementer's Guide
                  <draft-ietf-ipp-implementers-guide-00.txt>
     (none)     + Capability Card: An Attribute Certificate in XML
                  <draft-otani-ccard-00.txt>
     (none)     + Constraint-Based LSP Setup using LDP
                  <draft-jamoussi-mpls-cr-ldp-00.txt>
     (none)     + Internet Telephony Gateway Location Service
                  Protocol <draft-agapi-ini-gwloc-00.txt>
     (mmusic)   + Reliability of Provisional Responses in SIP
                  <draft-ietf-mmusic-sip-100rel-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 21]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (none)     + Requirements for the Reference Point ('N') between
                  Media Gateway Controller and Media Gateway
                  <draft-vandenameele-tiphon-arch-gway-decomp-00.txt>
     (none)     + Client-Cache Communication
                  <draft-melve-clientcache-com-00.txt>
     (mpls)     + Extensions to RSVP for LSP Tunnels
                  <draft-ietf-mpls-rsvp-lsp-tunnel-00.txt>
     (none)     + Inter Cache Communication Protocols
                  <draft-melve-intercache-comproto-00.txt>
     (none)     + Solicitation Extensions for BGP-4
                  <draft-jamieson-bgp-solicit-00.txt>
     (none)     + Transport SS7 Signalling Over IP
                  <draft-mcgrew-tss7s-00.txt>
     (none)     + DateAndTime Extension for the MIB-2 system Group
                  <draft-schoenw-snmpv2-mib-ext-00.txt>
     (none)     + UMTS/IMT-2000 and Mobile IP/DIAMETER Harmonization
                  <draft-gustafsson-mobileip-imt-2000-00.txt>
     (none)     + Virtual Private Networks Identifier
                  <draft-fox-vpn-id-00.txt>
     (none)     + Performance Requirements for Signaling in Internet
                  Telephony <draft-seth-sigtran-req-00.txt>
     (none)     + DHCP Option 61 UUID Type Definition
                  <draft-henry-DHCP-opt61-UUID-type-00.txt>
     (mobileip) + Mobile IP Regionalized Tunnel Management
                  <draft-ietf-mobileip-reg-tunnel-00.txt>
     (mobileip) + Mobile IP Foreign Agent Challenge/Response
                  Extension <draft-ietf-mobileip-challenge-00.txt>
     (none)     + MPLS Optimized Multipath (MPLS--OMP)
                  <draft-villamizar-mpls-omp-00.txt,.ps>
     (none)     + Long Thin Networks
                  <draft-montenegro-pilc-ltn-00.txt>
     (rsvp)     + Preemption Priority Policy Element
                  <draft-ietf-rap-signaled-priority-00.txt>
     (none)     + MPLS Traffic Engineering Management Information
                  Base <draft-srinivasan-mpls-te-mib-00.txt>
     (none)     + XML Encoded Form Values
                  <draft-kristensen-xml-map-00.txt>
     (none)     + Architectural Framework for Signaling Transport
                  <draft-ong-sigtran-framework-arch-00.txt>
     (none)     + MPLS for PIM-SM <draft-ooms-mpls-pimsm-00.txt>
     (iab)      + Security Mechanisms for the Internet
                  <draft-iab-secmech-00.txt>
     (none)     + Supporting Service Level Agreements using
                  Differentiated Services
                  <draft-verma-diffserv-ntimplem-00.txt>
     (avt)      + RTP Payloads for Telephone Signal Events
                  <draft-ietf-avt-telephone-tones-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 22]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (nat)      + IP Host Network Address (and Port) Translation
                  <draft-ietf-nat-hnat-00.txt>
     (none)     + iCAL in XML <draft-reddy-xml-ical-00.txt>
     (policy)   + Policy Framework Core Information Model
                  <draft-ietf-policy-core-schema-00.txt>
     (policy)   + Policy Framework Definition Language
                  <draft-ietf-policy-framework-pfdl-00.txt>
     (isis)     + Optional Checksums in ISIS
                  <draft-ietf-isis-wg-snp-checksum-00.txt>
     (isis)     + Maintaining more than 255 adjacencies in IS-IS
                  <draft-ietf-isis-wg-255adj-00.txt>
     (none)     + Cellular IP <draft-valko-cellularip-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Framework for E.164 Number to IP Address Mapping
                  <draft-lee-e164-framework-00.txt>
     (none)     + Remote Monitoring MIB Extensions for Differentiated
                  Services Enabled Networks
                  <draft-bierman-dsmon-mib-00.txt>
     (ippm)     + Empirical Bulk Transfer Capacity
                  <draft-ietf-ippm-btc-framework-00.txt>
     (ippm)     + A Round-trip Delay Metric for IPPM
                  <draft-ietf-ippm-rt-delay-00.txt>
     (none)     + MPLS Extensions for Differential Services
                  <draft-wu-mpls-diff-ext-00.txt>
     (none)     + Efficiently transporting ad-carrying web pages
                  <draft-gupta-efficient-ad-00.txt>
     (none)     + Dynamic Hostname Exchange Mechanism for ISIS
                  <draft-shen-dyname-isis-00.txt>
     (none)     + Proposal for additional RTP-SDES types
                  <draft-parnes-rtp-sdes-00.txt>
     (dnsind)   + A DNS RR Type for Lists of IP Address Prefixes (APL
                  RR) <draft-ietf-dnsind-apl-rr-00.txt>
     (none)     + Connectionless SCCP over IP Adaptation Layer (CSIP)
                  <draft-sanchez-CSIP-v0r0-00.txt>
     (rap)      + Identity Representation for RSVP
                  <draft-ietf-rap-rsvp-identity-00.txt>
     (aft)      + GSS-API Authentication Method for SOCKS Version 5
                  <draft-ietf-aft-socks-gssapi-revisions-00.txt>
     (iesg)     + Applicability Statement for HTTP State Management
                  <draft-iesg-http-cookies-00.txt>
     (pppext)   + L2TP Link Extensions
                  <draft-ietf-pppext-l2tp-link-00.txt>
     (none)     + LDUP Replication Information Model
                  <draft-reed-ldup-infomod-00.txt>
     (none)     + A Two-Tier Resource Management Model for
                  Differentiated Services Networks
                  <draft-rotzy-2-tier-management-00.txt>
     (none)     + The KeyNote Trust-Management System
                  <draft-blaze-ietf-trustmgt-keynote-00.txt>

Ramos                                                          [Page 23]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     (ldapext)  + LDAP Control for a Duplicate Entry Representation
                  of Search Results
                  <draft-ietf-ldapext-ldapv3-dupent-00.txt>
     (none)     + LDAP Schema for Internet Mail
                  <draft-srivastava-ldap-mail-00.txt>
     (udlr)     + Internet Architecture Considerations for Assymetric
                  and Unidirectional Broadcast Links
                  <draft-ietf-udlr-life-00.txt>
     (udlr)     + Internet Architecture Considerations for Assymetric
                  and Unidirectional Broadcast Links
                  <draft-ietf-udlr-assym-broadcast-links-00.txt>

  7. 28 RFCs were published during this period:

     RFC2401 PS (ipsec)   Security Architecture for the Internet
                          Protocol
     RFC2402 PS (ipsec)   IP Authentication Header
     RFC2403 PS (ipsec)   The Use of HMAC-MD5-96 within ESP and AH
     RFC2404 PS (ipsec)   The Use of HMAC-SHA-1-96 within ESP and AH
     RFC2405 PS (ipsec)   The ESP DES-CBC Cipher Algorithm With
                          Explicit IV
     RFC2406 PS (ipsec)   IP Encapsulating Security Payload (ESP)
     RFC2407 PS (ipsec)   The Internet IP Security Domain of
                          Interpretation for ISAKMP
     RFC2408 PS (ipsec)   Internet Security Association and Key
                          Management Protocol (ISAKMP)
     RFC2409 PS (ipsec)   The Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
     RFC2410 PS (ipsec)   The NULL Encryption Algorithm and Its Use
                          With IPsec
     RFC2411 I  (ipsec)   IP Security Document Roadmap
     RFC2412 I  (ipsec)   The OAKLEY Key Determination Protocol
     RFC2439 PS (idr)     BGP Route Flap Damping
     RFC2440 PS (openpgp) OpenPGP Message Format
     RFC2441 I  (none)    Working with Jon Tribute delivered at UCLA,
                          October 30, 1998
     RFC2442 I  (none)    The Batch SMTP Media Type
     RFC2443 E  (ion)     A Distributed MARS Service Using SCSP
     RFC2445 PS (calsch)  Internet Calendaring and Scheduling Core
                          Object Specification (iCalendar)
     RFC2446 PS (calsch)  iCalendar Transport-Independent
                          Interoperability Protocol (iTIP) Scheduling
                          Events, BusyTime, To-dos and Journal
                          Entries
     RFC2447 PS (calsch)  iCalendar Message-based Interoperability
                          Protocol (iMIP)
     RFC2448 I  (none)    AT&T's Error Resilient Video Transmission
                          Technique

Ramos                                                          [Page 24]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     RFC2449 PS (none)    POP3 Extension Mechanism
     RFC2451 PS (ipsec)   The ESP CBC-Mode Cipher Algorithms
     RFC2453 S  (ripv2)   RIP Version 2 Carrying Additional
                          Information
     RFC2455 PS (snanau)  Definitions of Managed Objects for APPN
     RFC2456 PS (snanau)  Definitions of Managed Objects for APPN
                          TRAPS
     RFC2457 PS (snanau)  Definitions of Managed Objects for Extended
                          Border Node
     RFC2458 I  (pint)    Toward the PSTN/Internet Inter-Networking -
                          -Pre-PINT Implementations

Ramos                                                          [Page 25]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

INTERNET PROJECTS
-----------------

INTERNIC
--------

     NETWORK SOLUTIONS REPORT

     ******************************************************
     *  gopher sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Connections: cat: gopher-server*: No such file or directory
       0
     Retrievals: cat: gopher-server*: No such file or directory
       0
     ******************************************************
     *  wais sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Connections: wais-server*.gz: No such file or directory
       0
     Retrievals: wais-server*.gz: No such file or directory
       0
     ******************************************************
     *  whois sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Client Queries:  40107422
     Server Queries 53360912

     ******************************************************
     *  ftp sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Connections:  130497
     Retrievals:  197075
     ******************************************************
     *  telnet sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Connections:  245991
     ******************************************************
     *  mailserver sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Connections:  0
     ******************************************************
     *  http sessions  *
     ******************************************************
     Retrievals:  36184504
     Phones: 65,200

Ramos                                                          [Page 26]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     Emails : 911,943
     Updates: 353,511

     by Ricardo A. Gonzalez <[email-masked]>

THE US DOMAIN REGISTRY

     THE US DOMAIN
     =============

     The US Domain registration information is available online at
     http://www.isi.edu/us-domain.

     Much of the processing of the requests to the third level domain
     name is now automated. In particular, most requests to register
     names in localities already delegated are automatically forwarded
     to the administrator of that locality.

     US DOMAIN ADMINISTRATIVE INFORMATION
     ====================================

             EMAIL/FAX            2348
             PHONE                  60
             ----------------------------
             Total Contacts       2408

             DELEGATIONS:           68
             FORWARDED REQUESTS:  1110
             OTHER US DOMAIN MSGS:1230
             ---------------------------
             Total                2408

     OTHER US DOMAIN MESSAGES include referrals to other subdomains or
     to/from the InterNic, phone calls, modifications, application
     requests, discussion and clarification of the requests, questions
     about names, resolving technical problems with zone files and name
     servers, and whois listings.

     MAJOR SUBDOMAINS DELEGATED
     ==========================

     K12     CC      TEC     STATE   LIB     MUS     GEN     DST     COG
     ===================================================================
     51      40      36      48      43      25      29      10      6
     ===================================================================

Ramos                                                          [Page 27]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     THIRD LEVEL DELEGATIONS
     ========================

     LOCALITIES
     ==========
     DILLSBORO.IN.US.                UNION.OH.US.
     FREEPORT.TX.US.                 SEASIDE-HEIGHTS.NJ.US.
     CONCORDIA.KS.US.                SHIAWASSEE.MI.US.
     FINGER.TN.US.                   BRAXTON.WV.US.
     OHARA.PA.US.                    ELLETTSVILLE.IN.US.
     MONTPELIER.VT.US.               FRANKLIN.MI.US.
     STURGIS.MI.US.                  SILVERTON.OR.US.

     OTHERS
     ======
     MILLELACSOJIBWE.NSN.US.

     OTHER US DOMAIN DELEGATIONS THIS MONTH
     ======================================
     CI.BAY-SPRINGS.MS.US.           DUTCH.BELL.KY.US.
     NWEA.GEN.NE.US.                 FROM.RIMROCK.AZ.US.
     VILLAGE.COTTAGE-GROVE.WI.US.    SFCA.FORT-MYERS.FL.US.
     CI.HANSON.MA.US.                TWP.SALISBURY.PA.US.
     XYMEX.SOLANO.CA.US.             PARKS.WOODRIDGE.IL.US.
     CI.WHITMAN.MA.US.               IRC.FORT-MYERS.FL.US.
     CI.KENMORE.WA.US.               CO.HENRY.IA.US.
     CI.BRADFORD.IL.US.              CHS.TOWN.CAMILLUS.NY.US.
     GUNS.KISSIMMEE.FL.US.           LVA.LIB.VA.US.
     TWP.COLUMBUS.MN.US.             DIXON.LIB.CA.US.
     NANTICOKE.PERRY-HALL.MD.US.     IRWINDALE.CA.US.
     DOUG.WAYNE.PA.US.               MYERS.BRUNSWICK.GA.US.
     CO.HALL.NE.US.                  STARGATE.OAK-BROOK.IL.US.
     SVA.PVT.K12.VA.US.              JFAM.VISTA.CA.US.
     CO.EL-PASO.TX.US.               ORLAND-PARK.IL.US.
     COOK-LOVE.SOPERTON.GA.US.       YEOMANS.BRUNSWICK.GA.US.
     CI.OAKDALE.CA.US.               HARBOR.VENTURA.CA.US.
     CI.TRAVERSE-CITY.MI.US.         CI.REEDSVILLE.WI.US.
     OAKEN.MIAMI.FL.US.              DARWIN.MIRAMAR.FL.US.
     SAU43.NEWPORT.NH.US.            CO.PIERCE.WI.US.
     STEELE.WASHINGTON.DC.US.        CI.HUSTISFORD.WI.US.
     OLYMPUS.MIAMI.FL.US.            JEDI.MIAMI.FL.US.
     CI.BENTON.WI.US.                CI.NELSON.NE.US.
     DIRECT.PLAINVIEW.NY.US.         DIRECT.OLD-BETHPAGE.NY.US.
     DRIVER.FERNANDINA-BEACH.FL.US.  COLLECTOR.CO.HIGHLANDS.FL.US.
     CI.ALBION.NE.US.                CROWSON.DARDENNE-PRAIRIE.MO.US.
     CYBERSPACE2000.FORT-MYERS.FL.US.

Ramos                                                          [Page 28]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     URL: http://www.isi.edu/us-domain/

     by Brenna Guthrie <[email-masked]>

MERIT INTERNET ENGINEERING
--------------------------

   This report summarizes November 1998 Internet engineering activities
   at Merit Network, Inc. (www.merit.edu).

   Merit has released version 1.5.1a of MRT, the Multi-Threaded Routing
   Toolkit (www.merit.edu/mrt/).  The new release offers performance
   improvements, an enhanced user interface, and support for:

       - Dynamic configuration, i.e., the ability to reconfigure options
         and settings while the program is running
       - Soft reconfiguration, i.e., the ability to change filters and
         other parameters without restarting the MRT BGP session.

   In addition, users can now run multiple instances of MRT on a single
   host.

   MRT was used to establish Merit's native IPv6 connection to CAIRN,
   the Collaborative Advanced Interagency Research Network.  MichNet,
   Merit's statewide network, has access to the vBNS/CAIRN via an OC-3c
   ATM link to MREN and the Ameritech NAP in Chicago.

   The MRT project team has launched a collaborative routing research
   effort with software developers in Japan. Masaki Hirabaru and Craig
   Labovitz of Merit will be working with Ikuo Nakagawa, INTEC Systems
   Laboratory Inc., and Kunihiro Ishiguro, Digital Magic Labs, Inc.  The
   project is funded by the Japanese governmental organization TAO.

   The Merit GateD Consortium (www.gated.org) held a comprehensive
   training and membership meeting in November, covering configuration
   and operations issues for the various GateD protocols and platforms.
   The Consortium is headed by Sue Hares; members of the project team
   offering training included Hares, Linda Place, Mariella Wells, Bill
   Siadak, Andy Adams, Allan Rubens, Chris Hopps, and Chris Richardson.

   Netrail hosted the 14th North American Network Operators' Group
   (NANOG) meeting in Atlanta on November 8-10.  Craig Labovitz of Merit
   moderated the meeting; Pam Ciesla and Susan R. Harris handled
   conference logistics.  Presentations are listed below; presentation
   slides are available on the NANOG Web site, www.nanog.org.

Ramos                                                          [Page 29]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

   TUTORIALS
     -  Good ISPs Have No Class: Addressing Nuances and Nuisances
           (Howard Berkowitz)
     -  Optimal External Route Selection: Tips and Techniques for ISPs
           (Avi Freedman, Net Access)

   PRESENTATIONS
     -  Alternative Interconnects: Technology, Attachment Requirements, and
        Performance Measurements  (Bill Manning, ISI, panel moderator)
           John Meylor  ([email-masked])
           Christian Nielsen ([email-masked])
           Jeremy Porter ([email-masked])
           Dave Siegel ([email-masked])
           Steve Feldman ([email-masked]
           David Thomas   ([email-masked])
           Bill Norton ([email-masked])

     -  Who You Gonna Call? (Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates)

     -  Interesting Peering Activities at the Exchange Points
        (Naiming Shen, Cisco)

     -  Canada's National Optical Internet (Bill St. Arnaud, CANARIE)

     -  Technology for Backbone Web Caching (Peter Danzig,
        Network Appliance, moderator)
           Ed Kern, DIGEX
           James Aviani, Cisco
           Shirish Sathaye, Alteon
           Bill Maggs, MCI

     -  Multicast/MBGP: Real-Life Experiences in the Field (Dave Meyer,
        Cisco, panel moderator)
           Steve Rubin, AboveNet
           Dorian Kim, Verio
           Doug Pasko, Cable & Wireless
           Henry Kilmer/Danielle Deibler, DIGEX
           Jian Li, Qwest
           Amir Tabdili, Sprint
           Mujahid Khan, Sprint

     -  Planning for Multicast Address Allocation: A Plea for Input from the
        IETF MALLOC Working Group  (Dave Thaler, Microsoft)

Ramos                                                          [Page 30]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

     -  Updates from the Internet GigaPoPs
           Ron Hutchins, Southern CrossRoads, Atlanta GigaPoP
           Dave Meyer, Oregon GigaPoP
           Mark Johnson, North Carolina Networking Initiative
           Stan Barber, Texas GigaPoP

     -  ARIN Update (Kim Hubbard, ARIN)

     -  InterNIC Update (Mark Kosters, InterNIC)

     -  CAR Talk:  Configuration Considerations for Cisco's Committed Access
        Rate (Cathy Wittbrodt, @Home)

     -  Router Update: Fast Packet Forwarding and Packet Treatment for
        Differentiated Services  (Curtis Villamizer, ANS, panel moderator)
           Paul Ferguson, Cisco
           John Stewart, Juniper
           Jeff Wabik, Netstar/Ascend
           Steve Willis, Argon
           Hank Zannini, Avici Systems

   BOFs
       - Data Center Needs, Problems, and Technology (Bill Norton, Equinix,
         and Sean Donelan, Data Research Associates)
       - Caching in Today's Marketplace:  Vendor Approaches and Solutions
         (Duane Wessels, University of California, San Diego)

   by Susan R. Harris <[email-masked]>

IANA REPORT
-----------

     ARP Parameters                                  1
     Domain System Parameters                        4
     MIME Media Types                                14
     Multicast Addresses: Individual Assignments     6
     Private Enterprise Numbers                      71
     Port Numbers                                    33
     Protocol Numbers                                2
     SMI Numbers                                     1

     by Josh Elliott <[email-masked]>

Ramos                                                          [Page 31]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

RFC EDITOR REPORT
-----------------

     This is a summary of Request for Comments Editor activity for the
     month of November, 1998:

                                  TIME IN QUEUE
     DOCUMENTS        New*   30 days     60 days      90 days      TOTAL
     ------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  |
     Beginning of       0       10          7           35        | 52
     month                                                        |
                                                                  |
     New               37        0          0            0        | 37
                                                                  |
                                                                  |
     Processed         10        6          1           17        | 34
     ------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                  |
     End of month      27        4          6           18        | 55

     * New RFCs added to queue throughout the month

     The Requests for Comments (RFCs) are a series of notes, started in
     1969, about the Internet (originally the ARPANET). The notes
     discuss many aspects of computing and computer communication
     focusing in networking protocols, procedures, programs, and
     concepts, but also including meeting notes, opinion, and sometimes
     humor. The specification documents of the Internet protocol suite,
     as defined by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) and its
     steering group (the IESG), are published as RFCs.

     RFCs-to-be are edited by the RFC Editor.  RFCs enter the RFC
     Editor's work queue either by an action of the IESG or by
     independent submission.  Most independent submissions are referred
     to the IESG to check for overlap with IETF work.  The IESG might
     put a hold on a document to gather more input from its members.
     The wait for an RFC to be published varies as there can be
     unforeseen complications (typically editorial matters that need
     clarification from the author).  Documents can be removed from the
     publication queue if they are found to be insufficient or incorrect
     or if the IESG asks the author to join work already in progress in
     the IETF.

     by Alegre Ramos <[email-masked]>

Ramos                                                          [Page 32]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

CALENDAR
--------

The information below has been submitted to the IETF Secretariat as a
means of notifying readers of future events. Readers are requested to
send in dates of events that are appropriate for this calendar section.
Please send submissions, corrections, etc., to:

               <[email-masked]>

Please note: The Secretariat does not maintain on-line information for
the events listed below.

A copy of this calendar is available as follows:

VIA FTP
--------
IETF Information is available by anonymous FTP from several sites.

        Northern Europe Address:   ftp.nordu.net (192.36.148.198)
        Southern Europe Address:   ftp.nis.garr.it (193.205.245.10)
        Pacific Rim Address:  munnari.oz.au (128.250.1.21)
        Africa Address:       ftp.is.co.za (196.4.160.12)
        West Coast Address:  ftp.isi.edu (128.9.0.32)
        US East Coast Address:  ftp.ietf.org

cd ietf
ls *0mtg*

WWW
- -------
<http://www.ietf.org/home.html> Click on the link for "meetings" and
you should find an entry "listing of other Internet related events".

************************************************************************

1998
- -----------

Dec. 6-11         12th Systems Administration Conf.
                    (LISA '98)                    Boston, MA
Dec. 7-11         43rd IETF                       Orlando, FL

Ramos                                                          [Page 33]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

1999
------
Jan 31-Feb 2      NANOG 15                        Denver, CO
Feb. 3-5          1999 Network and Distributed System
                   Security (NDSS) Symposium
                   Catamaran Resort Hotel         San Diego, CA
Feb. 7-13         ATM Forum                       Atlanta, GA
Feb. 22-25        USENIX - 3rd Sym. on
                   Oper. Sys Design and
                   Implementation (OSDI '99)      New Orleans, LA
Feb 23-25         W3C Interest Group Mtg          TBA
Mar. 8-9          Electronic Payments Forum       San Francisco, CA
Mar. 8-12         IEEE 802                        Austin
Mar. 15-19        44th IETF                       TBA
Mar. 22-25        14th Int'l Unicode Conference   Boston, MA
Mar. 24-Apr 1     ITU Fax Standards Meeting       Geneva, Switzerland
Mar. 24-29        Electronic Messaging Assoc.
                  EMA '99                         Geneva, Switzerland
Apr. 5-9          Networld+Interop 99             Singapore
Apr. 18-24        ATM Forum                       Rome, Italy
Apr. 26-27        Ninth Int'l Packet Video Wrkshp New York, NY
May 10-14         IFIP/IEEE Int'l Symposium on
                   Integrated Network Mgmt        Boston, MA
May 11-14         Networld+Interop '99            Las Vegas, NV
May 11-May 14     8th International World Wide Web
                     Conference                   Toronto, Canada
May 31-Jun 4      Networld+Interop 99             Tokyo, Japan
Jun 4-6           W3C Interest Group Mtg          TBA
Jun 7-10          TERENA-NORDUnet Networking 1999 Lund, Sweden
Jun 25-29         INET'99                         San Jose, CA
Jul 5-9           IEEE 802                        Montreal, Canada
Jul 12-16         45th IETF                       Oslo, Norway
Jul. 18-24        ATM Forum                       New Orleans, LA
Aug. 30-Sep 3     SIGCOMM '99 (West Coast US)     Cambridge, MA
Sep. 21-23         W3C Interest Group Mtg         TBA
Sep. 26-Oct 2     ATM Forum                       Bangkok, Thailand
Oct. 8-14         TELECOM '99                     Geneva, Switzerland
Oct. 13-17        Networld+Interop '99            Atlanta, GA
Nov. 3-4          Cross-Industry Working Team (XIWT) Crystal City, VA
Nov. 8-12         46th IETF                       Wash DC
Nov. 8-12         IEEE 802                        Kaui
Nov. 28-Dec 4     ATM Forum                       Beverly Hills, CA

Ramos                                                          [Page 34]

Internet Monthly Report                                    November 1998

2000
-----
Mar. 6-10       IEEE 802                          Albuquerque
Mar. 10-14      IEEE 802                          San Diego, CA
MAR 27-31       47th IETF                         Adelaide, Australia
May 9-11        Networld+Interop '00              Las Vegas, NV
late Aug        SIGCOMM 2000                      Europe (tentative)
Sep 25-29       Networld+Interop '00              Atlanta, GA
Nov. 6-10       IEEE 802                          Tampa, FL

     The TERENA Calendar for January 1999 may be found on URL:

     http://www.terena.nl/news/calendar.html

     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

            TERENA Secretariat

            Singel 466-468
            1017 AW Amsterdam
            the Netherlands

            email <[email-masked]>

            tel: +31 20 530 4488
            fax: +31 20 530 4499

     +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Ramos                                                          [Page 35]