Subject: * WIPO Dispute Resolution = IAHC/gTLD-MoU *

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 13:15:50 -0500 (EST)

Bob Shaw <[email-masked]> wrote: In the draft WIPO system 
: (see http://wipo2.wipo.int/process/eng/processhome.html),
: which is substantively the IAHC/gTLD-MoU developed system,
: there would be a process to deal with clear-cut cybersquatting
: cases.

 The emmerging WIPO reccomendations on Domain Name dispute
 resolution are effectively a rehash of the dismal failure
 embodies in the IAHC/gTLD-MoU. ICANN, apparently is another
 clone of this historic disaster replicating the CORE/POC/ETC
 labarynth created to protect what was to be an unaccountable
 and legally unassaillable monopoly over Internet Governance
 by large trademark holding corporations and a handful of
 opportunistic start-ups and Internet old-timers. The whole
 White Paper process was either a charade or has been completely
 compromised and we must restart our planning to "Wrap-up" our
 work over the last four years ignoring, if necessary, all of
 the distractions that have been thrown up oner the last six
 months of ICANN confusion.

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ [email-masked]
 http://fcn.net _ http://fcn.net/allisat = http://robin.fcn.net
 [email-masked]