Subject: RFC 2086 / ISO 639 : Missing Languages

From: "Matthias Fichtner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 20:03:42 +0100

Hello.

RFC 2086 (HTTP/1.1) as well as many other documents refer to
ISO 639 (Code for the representation of names of languages) for
the construction of language tags. Unfortunately there's a
couple of languages that aren't mentionen in ISO 639 (2 letter
codes) or ISO 639-2 (3 letter codes).

For example Bosnian, Castellano, Dari, Kiswahili, and Pashtu.

So how does one construct an Accept-Language header for Bosnian?
Or a Content-Language header for Kiswahili?

Can anybody tell me if there's a working group or an individual
working to solve this problem? Or do we have to wait until ISO
recognized these languages and assigns codes?

Thanks in advance!

--
Matthias Fichtner [MF70-RIPE]
Medienagentur Fichtner & Meyer
phone: +49 (89) 74 79 02 01
[email-masked]