Subject: Currency of RFC index?

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:55:14 +0000 (GMT)

This is not the first time I've observed this 'not online' phenonenon,
but rfc-index.txt currently says:

2475 . .. (Not online)

2476 . .. (Not online)

2477 . .. (Not online)

2478 . .. (Not online)

2479 . .. (Not online)

2480 . .. (Not online)

In fact, all but rfc2480 are online as I speak; having rfc-index
current with its contents and providing descriptions to grep through
would IMO be exceedingly useful. Or does 'not online' have some arcane
legal-standards definition I'm not aware of? 

In the meantime, the search tools listed at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html
may actually be more reliable than grepping the index...

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:13:27 -0800

At 02:55 PM 1/12/99 +0000, Lloyd Wood wrote:
>would IMO be exceedingly useful.

sounds like it's a day or two out of date.

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:13:27 -0800