Subject: Postdoc positions, University of Oslo

From: Ketil Lund <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 11:24:42 +0100 (MET)

POSTDOCTORAL POSITIONS
at
UniK - Center for Technology at Kjeller
University of Oslo, Norway
and
SINTEF Telecom and Informatics
Oslo, Norway

The Norwegian Research Council has started up a Norwegian basic research
program in distributed systems in 1996-2000. The OMODIS project (with
partners from UniK and SINTEF) is funded by this program (1996-2000).

OMODIS - Object-Oriented Modeling and Database-Support for Distributed Systems

1-2 Postdoctoral positions are available starting anytime in 1999 in the
OMODIS project. The position, which is contingent upon grant funding, is
for one year and can be extended for one or more additional years by mutual
consent. Applicants must have clearly demonstrated experience and skills in
systems development. Familiarity with object-oriented modeling techniques
and/or database systems is a definite plus.

The candidate is expected to participate actively in the system-oriented
OMODIS project and help supervise students (undergraduate + postgraduate)
on the project. Applicants should have a Ph.D degree in Computer Science or
a related discipline and a proven research record in distributed systems or
database systems. He or she will also have a profound background in one or
several of the following areas of specialization:
- Distributed Multimedia Database Systems
- Object-oriented Modeling of Distributed Systems
- Quality-of-Service
- Open Distributed Processing

Applications should contain the following documents:
- Curriculum vitae, including list of publications
- Copy of the most important three publications related to the areas
  mentioned above
- Copy of dissertation
- Names, email addresses, and fax numbers of at least two references

For additional information, please contact:
- Vera Goebel and Ketil Lund, UniK, email: {goebel, [email-masked]
- Arne-Jørgen Berre, SINTEF, email: [email-masked])

Information about our departments and the OMODIS project can be found at:
     http://www.uio.no/
     http://www.unik.no/
     http://www.oslo.sintef.no/
     http://www.unik.no/~plageman/omodis.html

Please send a letter of interest and your CV, and ask at least two
evaluators to send letters of reference (by mail). The appliaction deadline
is January 31, 1999 and applications should be sent to:
     Vera Goebel
     UniK - Center for Technology at Kjeller
     University of Oslo, Norway
     PO Box 70
     N-2007 Kjeller
     Email: [email-masked]
     Phone +47 64.84.47.00
     Fax     +47 63.81.81.46

To be assured of full consideration, all material including reference
letters must arrive by January 31, 1999. UniK and SINTEF are equal
opportunity employers.

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Dr. Vera Goebel                     NEW Tel. +47/64.84.47.36 (direct)
 Associate Professor                 NEW Tel. +47/64.84.47.00 (swichboard)
 UNIK
 Center for Technology at Kjeller
 University of Oslo                      Fax. +47/63.81.81.46

 PO BOX 70
 N-2007 Kjeller                          email: [email-masked]
 Norway                                  http://www.unik.no/~goebel/
 -------------------------------------------------------------------------