Subject: Welcome to the WEB community!

From: Gene Marsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Jan 1999 04:50:29 -0800 (PST)

Thanks for joining Excite Communities!	You're now a member of the
WEB community. 

HOW TO GET BACK 
Here are two easy ways to return to your new community: 
1. Visit your communities page at: 
http://mycomm.excite.com/mycomm/entry.asp 
and click on the community name; 

2. Go to: 
http://www.excite.com/communities 
and click on Member Login in the upper left corner. 

SO YOU'VE JOINED.  NOW WHAT? 
Add something to your community!  Excite Communities makes it easy to
share pictures, Web links, events and conversations. Here are five
quick ways to get started: 

1. Invite your friends: Just click "Invite Someone" on the left side
of your screen in your community. 
2. Add a photo: We even offer FREE SCANNING! Check the Photos area
for more information. 
3. Start a discussion: Introduce yourself, ask a question or just
share some news. 
4. Share a link: What are your favorite Web sites? Let others know. 
5. Schedule a chat: List the date and time in Events. 

-------------------------------------------------- 
Got friends? Get cash! Every time you invite someone to your
community, you are entered in Excite's sweepstakes to win $5,000.
It's a great way to build your community and a great chance to win. 
-------------------------------------------------- 

EXCITE COMMUNITIES QUICK TIPS 
1. Do you know where your email goes? Your administrator can send
updates to all community members, but only if your registered email
address is correct. Find out by clicking "Edit your email address" in
the Members area of your community. 
2. Find other communities to join by visiting the Excite Communities
Directory at: 
http://www.excite.com/communities 
3. Go to the Members area of your community and click on Edit your
Excite Profile to tell others more about youself. 
4. Start your own community! 
http://mycomm.excite.com/comm/new 

If you have any ideas or any questions, we'd love to hear them. Go to
the Help pages (see below) and click on Feedback to send us your
thoughts. And thanks again for joining Excite Communities! 

  - The Excite Communities Team 
    http://www.excite.com/communities 

---------------------------------- 
Need more info? Check out our help pages: 
http://www.excite.com/Info/communities/welcome.html