Subject: Currency of RFC index?

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:55:14 +0000 (GMT)

This is not the first time I've observed this 'not online' phenonenon,
but rfc-index.txt currently says:

2475 . .. (Not online)

2476 . .. (Not online)

2477 . .. (Not online)

2478 . .. (Not online)

2479 . .. (Not online)

2480 . .. (Not online)

In fact, all but rfc2480 are online as I speak; having rfc-index
current with its contents and providing descriptions to grep through
would IMO be exceedingly useful. Or does 'not online' have some arcane
legal-standards definition I'm not aware of? 

In the meantime, the search tools listed at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html
may actually be more reliable than grepping the index...

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:39:54 +0000

Joyce Reynolds is checking this as I type (we are on the phone)

  Brian

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 16:39:54 +0000

Brian

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:36:48 -0500

We parsed it every night and it happens often.  The pattern seems to be
related to some RFC numbers probably reserved by the rfc-editor and then
used when the RFC is on line. Since most of those disappear after some time.

There is others. Here is an extract of our last cron:

not parsed: 0723 :. . November 1993. (Not online) (Status: UNKNOWN)
not parsed: 0853 :. . November 1993. (Not online) (Status: UNKNOWN)
not parsed: 1061 :. . November 1993. (Not online) (Status: UNKNOWN)
not parsed: 1182 :. .. (Not online) (Status: UNKNOWN)
not parsed: 1260 :. .. (Not online) (Status: UNKNOWN)
not parsed: 2399 :. . August 1998. (Not online)
not parsed: 2458 :. . November 1998. (Not online)
not parsed: 2475 :. .. (Not online)
not parsed: 2476 :. .. (Not online)
not parsed: 2477 :. .. (Not online)
not parsed: 2478 :. .. (Not online)
not parsed: 2479 :. .. (Not online)
not parsed: 2480 :. .. (Not online)

Regards, Marc.

>> <[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

-----------------------------------------------------------
Marc Blanchet			| [email-masked]
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254 
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
               http://www.normos.org
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 18:36:48 -0500

Regards, Marc.