Subject: Our Thanks and gratitude & Report

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:49:54 +0000

All,

  Yes I know that this is a very long CC list, however, later you will
understand why some of you are listed individually in this post.

  I personally and we (INEGroup) jointly want to express today our
thanks and extreme gratitude to the ICANN "Initial And Interim
Board and the DNSO.ORG bunch specificaly for information that
I just received regarding the growth of the INEGroup in these
discussions
and debates regarding the privatization of the Internet and in
particular
the formation of a potential DNSO.

  Just about 30 mins ago I sat in on one of our daily internet video
conferences for what was a unexpected announcement.  We have now
reached over 85k supporters whom are stakeholders/users, and increasing
growth rate, up 16% from previous growth reports.

  Here are some particulars. (Sniped and pasted for brevity)

(INEGroup supporters/members Report)
SECTION: Actual Members/supporters

                 Total to date: 85,292
                 Rate of growth: 31%/month
                 Projected rate of growth increase next 30 days 18-24%

SECTION: Reasons for Joining (One or more may apply per
Member/supporter)

1.) Disenchanted with ICANN in general  ------- 34,435

2.) Distrust in ICANN Board members  -----------48,113

3.) Dissatisfied with formation of SO's currently:
      a.) DNSO (DNSO.ORG) -------------------------71,823
      b.) PSO(IETF)---------------------------------------28,092
      c.) ASO----------------------------------------------- 0

4.) Lack of equal representation by ICANN currently--- 81,804

5.) Serious concern of equal representation in ICANN --- 2,110

6.) Wants NTIA to have ICANN Board step down ---------77,020

- snip -

++++++++++++++  End of Report

  I found this report both elating and ironic at the same time, but not
unexpected to a great degree.  As Korea did when it partitioned in the
very early 1950's.  Those that wanted to escape the Sung collective
dictatorship of tyranny, voted with their feet....

  I was requested to provide some commentary with respect to Special
recognition and Honorable mention to certain participants in the ongoing

discussions that were mentioned in other comment sections of the
above report.  I have broken this down into two categories.  They are
"Special Thanks/Recognition of" and "Honorable Mention of".

  So now without further eloquence or lack there of, however you wish
to view it, I shall list out those that fit in these categories as I
indicated
the cc list was so long above.  You will now understand why.  >;)

Note:  All comments are taken from comments section of the Report
          (not listed above in detail).

For Special Thanks/Recognition of :

The ICANN Board - For, and these are not my words here, "your total
                                lack of honesty and openness with the
Stakeholder
                                community."  "For your poor leadership
and understanding
                                of the gravity of the situation that
many of the Stakeholder
                                community find ourselves in."

The DNSO.ORG -  Your divisive draft for a "DNSO" is the worst piece of
                                 crap and obvious divisive document that
any bunch of
                                 kooks could have possibly come up with
to shaft the
                                 average stakeholder.  (this is a
collectively agreed
                                 upon comment).

Gordon Cook -         Many thanks to you for your wonderful reporting
                                 on the ICANN and the DNSO.ORG.  As a
group,
                                 we appreciate it greatly.  Good Man!!
(BTW Gordon
                                  it is my (Jeff here), understanding
that many of the
                                  ladies in our group are interested in
making your
                                  acquaintance, shall we say!  >;)  )

Joe Simms -             You should have your license to practice law
removed
                                  immediately!  You are a black mark on
the legal community
                                  in your actions with the ICANN and the
DNSO.ORG.
                                  many of us hope that your employer,
Jones & Day
                                  read this and take it seriously.
Though many of us realize it
                                  is not likely, sadly....

Mike Roberts -          "You sir, are a disgrace, a lout, and are not to
be trusted
                                   by anyone with good sense". " You
deserve a sound
                                   thrashing!"

Esther Dyson -          "Ms Dyson, I ask Jeff to include my comment in
his
                                    post."  "I am having great problems
with your openness
                                    and your honesty, as I am sure you
are aware many others
                                    are as well".  "You by your actions
and words, are
                                    debasing the rest of us women of
education and position
                                    in industry and government by your
behavior."

Kent Crispin-               "The clown in the "Chair" of PAB, what can
we expect".

 Dave Crocker-            "Another one of those spinmisters".  " A true
dated
                                      jackass".

Honorable Mention of:

Dave Farber-               "Your intellect and candor are refreshing".
"Please
                                      continue to be as engaging and
enlightening as
                                      you usually seem to be".

Eric Weisburg-             "this guy has a great mind and intellect".
"A very
                                       reasonable fellow for and
american".  "Should
                                       have been one of the ICANN Board"

Karl Auerbach-               "Very reasonably enguaging, and has some of
the
                                         best ideas going yet for a
DNSO".

Jay Fenello-                     " A true gentleman and a wonderful
wit".
                                           Jeff:- Jay, you are number 2
on the ladies
                                            most desirable list with
us.  >;)

Bob Allisat-                      "Wonderful Dennis Miller style wit".
"Keep
                                          on those @#@$@%^ at ICANN and
DNSO.ORG,
                                          we all luv ya here!"  "Your
honesty and fairness,
                                          all be it graphic, as Jeff
says, is still refreshing".
                                          "Is there a Dennis Miller
guest appearance of
                                           internet personalities in the
works?"  "You
                                           are certainly not a kook as
some of the numbskulls
                                           at DNSO.ORG and CORE or PAB,
or IAHC, or
                                           whatever they call themselves
would have many
                                           believe Bob".

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208