Subject: Draft retrieval via email?

From: Will Fiveash <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:51:41 -0600

I have tried to use [email-masked] to retrieve IETF drafts via email
without any success.  I am getting a confirmation email from
[email-masked] stating that the draft I requested will be sent in a
seperate email but I never receive the actual draft.  I have emailed
[email-masked] about this but never recieved any response so I thought I
would ask the question here.  Is this service broken or do I have a problem
on my end?

-- 
Will Fiveash
IBM AIX System Development        Internet: [email-masked]
11400 Burnet Road, Bld.905/9551   Notes: [email-masked]@internet
Austin, TX 78758-3493  Phone:(512) 838-7904(off)/3509(fax), T/L 678-7904

---

From: Stephen Heilbronner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:41:53 +0100 (MET)

On Wed, 17 Feb 1999, Will Fiveash wrote:

> Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:51:41 -0600
> From: Will Fiveash <[email-masked]>
> To: IETF List <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Draft retrieval via email?
> 

Same applies to me. It used to work until a few months ago. Now I only get
the confirmation from "[email-masked]" but never receive the draft
itself....

Regards,
Stephen

-- 
        _  _ _  _ _  _         STEPHEN HEILBRONNER
        |\/| |\ | |\/|         Institut für Informatik / Dept. of CS
        |  | | \| |  |         Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
     ======= TEAM =======      Oettingenstr. 67, 80538 Munich, Germany
                               Room D08,Phone +49-89-2178-2168,Fax -2262
Munich Network Management Team {Email: heilbron@ | WWW: http://www.nm. }
Münchner Netz-Management Team          informatik.uni-muenchen.de

---

From: Stephen Heilbronner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 23:41:53 +0100 (MET)

Regards,
Stephen

---

From: Peter Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:49:59 +0400

Try using
         RFC-INFO Service <[email-masked]>
with the command line being..
Retrieve: draft
         darft-ID: dratf_XXX... (whatever).txt

/pete

---

From: Peter Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 22:49:59 +0400

Try using

/pete

---

From: Will Fiveash <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:04:14 -0600

> the confirmation from "[email-masked]" but never receive the draft

I think I found the problem.  The [email-masked] does not like the
command "ENCODING mime" command.  Unfortunately, the draft announcements
have that command in the access-type="mail-server"; attachment.  What I do
in my .mailcap to get around this is:

# for IETF Draft Notifications
message/External-body; egrep -v '^Content|^ENCODING' %s | mail %{server} ;\
   test=test %{access-type} = mail-server; \
   description="Request doc from mailserv"

---

From: Will Fiveash <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 1999 17:04:14 -0600