Subject: Seen on Reuters Newswire (was: Re: (!) Vint Cerf designing network for solar system (!))

From: Jeff Weisberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 17:20:33 -0500 (EST)

CALIFORNIA - In a freak router accident earlier this week, 
the minds and bodies of Internet kook Jim Fleming and Internet 
pioneer Vint Cerf were exchanged. The mind of Jim Fleming is
now inside of the body Vint Cerf, and vice-versa. Scientists
are baffled by the event, but suspect a misconfigured ATM card.
Respected Internet operator Avi Freedman commented, "The 
implications of this event for the future of the Internet are 
staggering, I just hope we can develop and control this new 
technology before hackers begin to exploit it. Sushi?"

In related news today, Jim Fleming has been appointed Chief 
Network Architect for MCIWoldCom, Vint Cerf was last seen
muttering something about "IPv8".

	--jeff

---

From: "vinton g. cerf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 06:48:57 -0500

uh, thanks Jeff... next time Cisco tries to beam me up....

Vint

>muttering something about "IPv8".
=================================================================

See you at INET'99, San Jose, CA, June 22-25,1999 
http://www.isoc.org/inet99/

---

From: "vinton g. cerf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 06:48:57 -0500

Vint

---

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:34:55 +0100

Vint

hey, why not - after
IP on Photons.....what about
IP on tachyons...

faster than a speeding particle, 
more powerful than a infobot
leaps over routing blackholes...

 >>>muttering something about "IPv8".

 cheers

   jon

---

From: Jon Crowcroft <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 13:34:55 +0100

Vint

hey, why not - after

 cheers

   jon

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:56:52 -0500

We already need tachyon-based communication to support multiple senders, 
assured forwarding, and receiver-based SLAs.  Looks like architecture to me!

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 10:56:52 -0500