Subject: IETF Technocracy

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:23:50 -0500 (EST)

David Schutt wrote:
> I have to agree with Karl. The whole debate about the PSO seems to
> revolve around the question of how the IETF gets to pick three people
> for ICANN's board of directors.
>
> I'm still questioning *why* the IETF should get to appoint three board
> members, versus anyone else, such as W3C, IEEE, etc.
>
> As far as I know, that second question has never been answered.

 The answer is quite simple. The handful of people and the
 corporations that fund the IETF are the same as those pushing
 this abortively complex and unwieldy ICANN into it's demented
 but hopefully brief existance. Naturally they wish to preserve
 as much of an overwhelming majority on all potential voting
 situations as possible. Thus the multi-level marketing scheme
 "Supporting Organization" approach to membership, allowing
 the technocrats as much opportunity to cast multiple votes
 as organizationally possible. The same faces/logos will sit
 in every seat on every SO and make every decision. Fun, eh?!

 Bob Allisat

 Free Community Network _ [email-masked]
 http://fcn.net _ http://fcn.net/allisat
 http://robin.fcn.net

---

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 00:23:50 -0500 (EST)

Bob Allisat