Subject: Australian National Language on OZ INTURNET

From: "Kysi Ferul" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:44:56 PST

To: Mitch Denny
                                         Feb 11, '99

                            RE: OZ INTURNET "STRAIN"
  Dear Mr. Denny, 

  IETF Friends, ...MONTESSORI SCHOOLS, started , what 100 years ago?  
Any way, see spelling is something that anyone can learn in one day...if 
it is by CODE or SYSTEM...we call it PHONIC meaning it follows that each 
sound has a specific letter assignation, or maybe several letters equal 
a sound but anyways, the same leter is usually the same sound.

  Everyone ALREADY SPEAKS their OWN language!  There is nothing to 
learn! Teachers need jobs...so they mix up all the letters on the floor, 
and change their meaning and yell at you when you spell wrong!
"He's got Dick's 'lexia!" And remember they are doing this to FIVE 
YEAR OLD KIDS! Wow, why aint THAT on 6oMinutes! Then they give YOU 
drugs!

  Okay, everybody already knows how to speak English, when they are 
five. They however, may not have good hand-eye coordination, but when 
that can make a CIRCLE, TRIANGLE, and SQUARE, and combine those shapes 
they most certainly can make letters of the AlPHBEt. 

  Now in Italy, Italian is spelled right. In Germany German is spelled 
right. In France French is spelled WRONG! And in America...
ENGLISH..is spelled WRONG!

  So, MONTESSORI...when a Caveman shepherd stumbles out of the mountains 
of Italy and comes into town to learn to read and write
and it takes only one day!  That is HOW Montessori schools got started! 
That was their job...mission!

  BRITIC has been tested in the Schools of Australia and The United 
Kingdom, and in the primary schools it has been shown that 8-year-olds
can learn the system in about 5-MINUTES! Wow!  The funny thing about
this is we know children in elementary school are SMARTER than us adults 
when it comes to this kind of stuff.  For some reason, we can
MEMORIZE numbers up the wazoo-but don't get spelling? 

  Social Engineering...this is what ORWELL meant by "MINI"...
the "LEADER" has given Western Man the Green Weenie! Hey, this is
the most fascinating topic, once you get into...Ford, Edison, Morse
Bell, and Carnegie all lived at the same time in the same geographic 
region and at ONE TIME OR THE OTHER...not only worked FOR EACH OTHER
but were promoting SPELLING SYSTEMS! (Henry Ford, by his own admission, 
claimed to have handed out 400,000 McGuffies Readers, albeit they were 
by the case...but he did it HIMSELF!  And just
all the George Bernard Shaw stuff onnthe subject is amazing, because
Orwell saw the contradiction in his inability to grasp the "needed"
as opposed to the theoretical in his outlook on life. He was for 
spelling reform, and FASCISM!  He was the book version of "manly"
Jack London, who had the same life-goals...Fascism...SPELLING REFORM!
I mean the list is amazing, tho not huge, of those who were active in
trying to have English spelled right, surely not all were Fascists,
nor were they housebound, and neither were they without humor. Mark
Twain used to repeatedly rail against changing the spelling...in jest!
As an inventor..( alot of our newspaper and typewriter mechinary
were developed with Twain capital, in fact he put every cent into 
the typesetting/print/typography industries of his day.

 English as we speak it is a very, very young language, & it has been
very modern and "Strine" for at least 150 years...why is it broke?

  We can fix it.  The proof is in other languages. They are constantly 
making adjustments in spelling to reflect these changes
and even this year, somewhere somebody, straightened out spelling.

  We can go to the Moon...but we can't spell?

 I am seriously suggesting that Australian, one of the most "real" of
the English dialects be preserved and enriched by having it go up on
the "Web" in BRITIC! It is a fascinating speechway and should have a
way to write which doesn't use up the time of the folks living out in
the "stations." Britic has been used for Cockney in England! But...

 OZ Inturnet...wut u konsept! Sidni tw Darwin tw Los Anjules & Lundun!

           "Qvur 'n Awt?"      "Roit!"
  Kysi

[email-masked]

______________________________________________________
Get Your Private, Free Email at http://www.hotmail.com