Subject: Re: (!) Vint Cerf designing network for solar system (!)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:20:37 -0500

How will moons of the planets be treated, as sub-domains?

---

From: "vinton g. cerf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:34:47 -0500

actually we think each moon will have its own addresss space. 
Not clear yet the role of DNS in all of this.

vint

>How will moons of the planets be treated, as sub-domains?
=================================================================

See you at INET'99, San Jose, CA, June 22-25,1999 
http://www.isoc.org/inet99/

---

From: "vinton g. cerf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 15:34:47 -0500

vint

---

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:23:08 +0000

Venton and all,

  A wonderful suggestion Venton.  Now should that address space
ITLD) be a shared TLD or a non-shared TLD?  What might be the
the Trademark implications on one of these moons?  Will current
US trademark law apply?  And does the current DNSO proposed
at the Singapore meeting have jurisdiction on any of those moons?
How will DNS representatives be selected for these moons?

These are serious questions, BTW....

> >How will moons of the planets be treated, as sub-domains?

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

---

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 14:23:08 +0000

Venton and all,

Regards,