Subject: registration of a new URL scheme

From: Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 11:17:21 -0500

Hi,
	I would like to register a new URL scheme. I read rfc1738 and
http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/iana/assignments/url-schemes to find how to
register a new URL scheme. I'm aware (and actually used it once) of the
language tags registration process which involves a wg review, ..., but
found no equivalent for URL schemes. Anyone can tell me what are the
procedures, since the details seems not to be defined in rfc1738?
	Here is my current understanding and  questions:

- write a draft that describes it
- submit it 
- who review it? which wg/email list to send?
- how to submit to iana for registration. format of the registration form?
- who review it?
...

Regards, Marc.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Marc Blanchet			| [email-masked]
Viagénie inc.			| http://www.viagenie.qc.ca
3107 des hôtels		| tél.: 418-656-9254 
Ste-Foy, Québec		| fax.: 418-656-0183
Canada, G1W 4W5		| radio: VA2-JAZ
------------------------------------------------------------
Internet Engineering Standards/Normes d'ingénierie Internet
               http://www.normos.org
------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:22:43 -0500

The URLREG working group is defining mechanisms for registering new 
URL schemes.  Until that work is finished, the policy is that new 
URL schemes require IESG approval.

Keith

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Mar 1999 14:22:43 -0500

Keith