Subject: vPCs, GKs, PKs and IPv4, IPv8 and IPv16

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 03:29:58 -0600

...the rest is easy...

[vPC]---{IPv4}---[GK]---{IPv8}---[PK]---{IPv16}---[PK]---{IPv8}---[GK]---{IP
v4}---[vPC]

...if you want a preview...see

http://www.activeworlds.com
http://www.activeworlds.net
http://www.blaxxun.com
http://www.cosmosoftware.com
http://www.outerworlds.com

JF

P.S. In a typical residential configuraton, the GK is in the home and
supports several vPCs. (Mom, Dad, and the Kids) The PKs are never
in the home and are considered to be more secure. PKs can talk to
each other via the IPv16 network. Packets do not flow from the IPv16
network to the IPv8 network and certainly not to the IPv4 networks. If
two people are "talking" (voice, chat, etc.) from one vPC to another,
they are cleared through a local GK and a more global PK. IPv8 and
IPv16 use the same QoS bit definitions, which are considered to be
part of the addressing, and routing....it is all pretty simple...like UNIX
:-)

vPC - Virtual Personal Computer
http://www.ddj.com/articles/index/author/idx10133.htm