Subject: Correction to RFC 2371

From: Simon Spero <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:02:05 -0500

I'm currently in the middle of trying to get my green card before the
INS kicks my limey ass back across the ocean; as part of that process I
have to put together a dossier of letters of recommendation,
publications, etc.

I'd like to include pointers to RFC 2371 (TIP), as the multiplexing
protocol in Appendix A is my SCP. Somewhere along the way my credit got
dropped- probably when the decision was made to inline the text instead
of reference it. This was supposed to be getting fixed, but something
far sadder and more important happened to the RFC process, so I guess
the changes got lost.

I'm not a POISED groupie, but I believe that this is the kind of change
that can be made pretty quickly without requiring jumping thru
procedural hoops. Can someone familiar with the rules confirm this?

Thanks

Simon

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:39:05 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999 21:02 -0500, Simon Spero wrote:

[...]
> procedural hoops. Can someone familiar with the rules confirm this?

Once an RFC is published it is never modified.

-Dan Wing

---

From: Dan Wing <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 19:39:05 -0800 (PST)

[...]

-Dan Wing