Subject: Al Gore 'created the internet'

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 16:16:39 +0000 (GMT)

http://www.wired.com/news/print_version/politics/story/18390.html?wnpg=all

"During my service in the United States Congress, I took the
 initiative in creating the Internet." 
   -- Al Gore.

Boy, does the IETF and the US political process have problems here, or
what?

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Mar 1999 13:07:08 -0500

>  initiative in creating the Internet." 

Don't worry. By the end of next year's campaign, Al Gore will be found
to have created the computer and to have discovered the DNA double
helix, too.

Perry

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 11 Mar 1999 13:07:08 -0500

Perry