Subject: RTFR: Read The F* RFCs

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 1999 10:30:18 +0800

Hello:

Just recently, I read in proposal from a "regional address 
registry" (whatever that is), a reference the RFC-1466 instead 
of "the doomed -- two years in the IESG queue" RFC-2050. Also, I 
was very surprised when once an IAB member asked me back: "which 
one is that RFC-1601?", they own charter! Meanwhile, not many are 
aware that RFC-1591 is against "domain name ownership." (whatever
that means). The IETF, IESG, IANA, as well as the RFC-ED do not 
have a charter because I don't count BCP-11 (RFC-2028) or BCP-9 
(RFC-2026) as a charter (OK, this is arguable).

Please visit:
<http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1491/in-rfc1.html>
for a compiled list of not-so-technical RFC.

regards,

-- 
Rahmat M.Samik-Ibrahim VLSM-TJT http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6825
Offensive is often the best defense --- Gen. Nathan Bedford Forrest