Subject: [email-masked]: Career opportunities for IETF Members

From: Kannan Varadhan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 09:50:25 -0500

Just who in the heck are these people?  And
how did they get my name from the IETF?

And anyone know how I can get off their lists?

Annoyedly yours,,

Kannan

------- Forwarded Message

From: [email-masked]
To:  [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 09:01:55 PST
Subject:  Career opportunities for IETF Members

Hello-

We received your name from IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force, 
and we wanted to let you know about exciting job opportunities. A well 
known, Fortune 50 company has the following positions available at 
facilities in Phoenix, AZ, (city), MA, Chicago, IL, several locations in 
Canada, as well as other sites across the U.S. 

These opportunities include software and networking positions in the 
areas of Satellite & Wireless Communications, Wireless Internet Access 
and Voice & Data Communications.  

If you would like to learn more about these opportunities please contact 
us at  [email-masked]. An equal opportunity employer.

------- End of Forwarded Message

---

From: Peter Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 21:46:46 +0400

Kannan

> how did they get my name from the IETF?

I think the easist way of getting names /membersis by emailing
[email-masked] with
the 'who ietf' as the body of the email.
This works for most (which i know) of the majordemo s/w
however, one must a member of that specific list
to obtain the info.

/pete

ps. an't we all sitting ducks for spam ??

---

From: Peter Dawson <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 21:46:46 +0400

Kannan

/pete

---

From: Daniel Senie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:15:28 -0500

Peter Dawson wrote:
> I think the easist way of getting names /members is by emailing
> [email-masked] with

This feature can be disabled in majordomo, for both list members and
others. I know of few lists which leave this option enabled, as it
always results in spammers scraping names.

A quick read of the majordomo list-specific config file is well worth
any list-administrator's time. There's lots of options available to
reduce spam and keep name scrapers away.

Dan

-- 
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Daniel Senie                                        [email-masked]
Amaranth Networks Inc.            http://www.amaranthnetworks.com

---

From: Daniel Senie <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 14:15:28 -0500

Dan

---

From: Syed Farrukh Rasheed Abidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 02:19:59 +0500

Hey!

Why don't I receive such offers for jobs from these people. After all, I
have also achieved the goal of setting up a successful ISP.

Ciaooooooooooo!
S. Farrukh Rasheeed
  ------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Syed Farrukh Rasheed Abidi <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 1999 02:19:59 +0500

Hey!

Ciaooooooooooo!
S. Farrukh Rasheeed