Subject: Dallas Stakeholders/SO and ICANN meeting Announcment

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 16:11:59 +0000

All,

  We (INEGroup) are preparing an international Internet Stakeholders
meeting in Dallas at Texas Stadium for Feb. 25 thru the 28.  We have 
opened this meeting to include any and all "Interested Parties" to 
attend to discuss Supporting organization considerations regarding 
the ICANN/NTIA/MoU and related subjects.

  Thus far some 25,000 organizations, companies, and individuals have
registered to attend.

  Attendance fee:  Users (Non Domain Name holders) $65.00  Domain
  name holders $85.00

  Press personnel:  Free.  (Must bring identification of press
affiliation)

  Send intent consideration to me at [email-masked] so you can
be added to the attendance list.

  Make your own travel and accommodation arrangements.

Meeting agenda: (Subject areas)

1.) DNSO considerations (Existing Drafts)
     Note: Votes will be taken by those attending as well as those
     sending in their preference on considered or proposed amendments to
     any existing drafts.  Votes will be taken on each amendment
     onsidered electronically at the DNSO Group plenium meeting.

2.) PSO Considerations (Existing Drafts)
    Votes will be taken by those attending as well as those sending in
    their preference on considered or proposed amendments to
    any existing drafts.  Votes will be taken on each amendment
    considered electronically at the PSO Group plenium meeting.

3.) ASO Considerations
     Votes will be taken by those attending as well as those sending in
     their preference on considered or proposed amendments to
     any existing drafts.  Votes will be taken on each amendment
     considered electronically at the ASO Group plenium meeting.

4.) ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board: Problem areas as precieved
     by the Stakeholders in extant.
     A vote of confidence will be taken by those attending on the
     continuation of the current ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board.  
     Existing ICANN "Initial" and Interim Board members are suggested 
     to attend.  However their attendance is not required.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:

1.) Moderators for the pleniums will be Jeff Williams, Robert Anderson,
     Bob Davis, and Brian Hollingsworth.

2.) Notification of Internet connectivity at the Texas Stadium is
    available and at no charge for those wishing to use the INEG 
    internal network to the gateway uplink to any and all that provide 
    their domain or service provider requirements when registering to 
    attend. (Note: This information must be concise)

7.) A List of attendees will be provided upon arrival only.

8.) Company, group, or organization representatives, must have an
   affidavit from their members to represent their respective
   organizations, companies, and or ad-hoc groups.  Otherwise 
   they only will be considered representing themselves and 
   are not representative of any group, organization, company 
   or otherwise group.

Regards,

--
Jeffrey A. Williams
CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
E-Mail [email-masked]
Contact Number:  972-447-1894
Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208

---

From: Henry Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:01:15 -0500

>Thus far some 25,000 organizations, companies, and individuals have

Really.  There's interesting math here.

Let's say you work a deal with American.  A typical MD-80 (the
vast majority of their fleet) holds 139 folks fully packed.

This would require 180 dedicated flights of folks to get folks 
into DFW.  Of course, its more than a little unlikely that you'd 
get this kind of efficiency.

Let's say that, on average, American flies 70% full, and that
you'll capture 1/3 of that capacity.  This means that each plane
really only holds 97 people, and that you can only get 33 (I'm
being generous) on each plane, on average.

So now you've increased your flights needed to 758.  American
had 453 daily jet departures from DFW in Dec 1998, so this means 
that you'll take two days to get everyone in and 2 more days to 
get everyone out, all of the while taking 1/3 of American's capacity 
into and out of DFW, which is the center of the universe for American.

This, of course, assumes that flights aren't delayed or cancelled
because American and its pilots are unhappy with each other, or
because there is bad weather into/out of DFW.

May I suggest that you call American at 1-800-882-8880 to get
them involved in this opportunity.

henry

---

From: Henry Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 00:01:15 -0500

henry

---

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:36:31 +0000

Henry and all,

  Thanks for pointing this out.  My mistake.  It should read 25,000 people

representing or members/employees of more than 400 organizations,
companies, ect...   Please excuse the error on my part.

Regards,

---

From: jeff Williams <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 1999 01:36:31 +0000

Henry and all,

Regards,