Subject: RTSS99 Call for Papers

From: Wei Zhao <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Feb 1999 10:42:56 -0600 (CST)

My sincere apology if you receive duplicates of this announcement. 

Wei Zhao

==============================================================
                        CALL FOR PAPERS

            The 20th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium

                       December 1-3, 1999
                        Phoenix, Arizona

   Sponsored by IEEE Computer Society TC on Real-Time Systems

==============================================================
Symposium Home Page:

   http://www.cs.tamu.edu/conferences/rtss/

==============================================================
Scope of the Conference:

The purpose of this symposium is to bring together 
researchers and developers from academia, industry and 
government to advance the scientific and engineering 
technologies of real-time computer and communication 
systems. Papers on all aspects of real-time systems are 
sought, including operating systems and scheduling, fault-
tolerance, databases, programming languages, tools, 
communication networks, architectures, performance 
modeling, formal methods, case studies, and applications. 
Of particular interest are reports describing practical 
experiences and experimental results based on system 
building efforts, and real-time issues in applications such 
as avionics, multimedia, robotics, military C3I systems, 
automated process control, and manufacturing. 

==============================================================
Paper Submission Guidelines:

Papers should describe original work, and be 20 double-
spaced pages  (5,000 words) or less in length. All accepted 
submissions will appear in the proceedings published by 
IEEE. The best papers from the conference may be considered 
for publication in a special issue of a journal (to be 
decided). The deadline for submission is May 1, 1999.

If possible, submissions should be made electronically, 
either in postscript or PDF format. Additional details on 
submission guidelines will be posted at 
  http://rtss99.cs.tamu.edu:8082/submit.html

While electronic submissions are preferred, postal 
submissions will be accepted for review, provided they 
arrive by the submission deadline of May 1, 1999. All 
authors taking this option should mail eight (8) copies of 
their submitted papers to the Program Chair at the address 
below. A text file containing paper title, full name, 
affiliations, complete addresses, phone and fax numbers,  
email addresses, and an abstract of up to 150 words should 
also be emailed to the Program Chair.
  
        Prof. Wei Zhao 
        c/o RTSS99 Assistant 
        Department of Computer Science 
        Texas A&M University 
        College Station, TX 77843-3112 
        Phone: +1 409 845 3535 
        Email: [email-masked] 

==============================================================
Workshop and Exhibition:

RTSS'99 will co-host a workshop on November 30, 1999, 
directly before the conference. The focus of the workshop 
will be a "hot topic" of special interest to researchers 
and developers of real-time systems. Details on the 
workshop will be announced later. 

RTSS'99 will include an industrial exhibition in a centrally
located space, for vendors to demonstrate state-of-the-art
systems, development tools and applications, where RTSS
attendees can engage in technical discussions with product
engineers and developers; and where company representatives
meet (and potentially recruit) young researchers specializing
in real-time and embedded systems. To reserve space for the 
exhibition, please contact the RTSS'99 Exhibition Chair: 
Professor Lonnie R. Welch ([email-masked])

Work-in-Progress Session: As in previous years, RTSS'99 will
include a Work-In-Progress (WIP) session, featuring short
presentations on new and evolving work. Accepted WIP papers
will be included in a special proceedings, and distributed to
RTSS'99 conference participants. The proceedings will then be
ypublished electronically on the IEEE-CS TC-RTS Home Page. WIP
papers will be due approximately one month before the
Symposium.

==============================================================
Important Dates:

     * May 1, 1999        -- Deadline for paper submissions
     * July 31, 1999      -- Notification of acceptance 
     * September 1, 1999  -- Final paper due 
     * November 30, 1999  -- Workshop, Phoenix, Arizona
     * December 1-3, 1999 -- RTSS'99, Phoenix, Arizona

==============================================================
RTSS'99 Organization Committee:

General Chair
Richard Gerber
University of Maryland

Program Chair
Wei Zhao
Texas A&M University

Finance Chair
Walt Heimerdinger
Honeywell Technology Center

Workshop and Exhibition Chair
Lonnie R. Welch
University of Texas at Arlington

International Liaison Co-Chairs
Wolfgang Halang
Fern Universitaet

Tei Wei Kuo
National Chung Cheng University

Industrial Liaison Co-Chairs
Rakesh Jha
Honeywell Technology Center

Arkady Kanevsky
The MITRE Corporation

Work-In-Progress Paper Chair
Biao Chen
University of Texas at Dallas

Ex-Officio (IEEE RTS-TC Chair)
Lui Sha
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

==============================================================
RTSS'99 Program Committee

Theodore P. Baker
Florida State University

Riccardo Bettati
Texas A&M Univesity

Sanjoy K. Baruah
The University of Vermont

Alan Burns
University of York

Giorgio Buttazzo
Scuola Superiore S. Anna

Lisa Cingiser DiPippo
University of Rhode Island

Hans A. Hansson
Malardalen University

Jim Huang
Honeywell Technology Center

Jennifer Hou
Ohio State University

Gerhard Fohler
Malardalen University

Farnam Jahanian
University of Michigan

Kevin Jeffay
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill

Michael B, Jones
Microsoft Corporation

Sanjay Kamat
IBM T.J. Research Center

Hermann Kopetz
Vienna University of Technology

Insup Lee
University of Pennsylvania

Kwei-Jay Lin
University of California, Irvine

Jane Liu
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Doug Locke
Lockheed Martin Corporation

Dave Marlow
Naval Surface Warfare Center

Joseph Kee-Yin Ng
Hong Kong Baptist University

Ragunathan (Raj) Rajkumar
Carnegie Mellon University

Krithi Ramamritham
University of Massachusetts

Karsten Schwan
Georgia Institute of Technology

Lui Sha
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Chia Shen
MERL-A Mitsubishi Electric Research Lab

Heonshik Shin
Seoul National University

Kang G. Shin
The University of Michigan

Sang Hyuk Son
University of Virginia

Neeraj Suri
Boston University

Horst F. Wedde
University of Dortmund

Wei Zhao (Chair)
Texas A&M University

==============================================================