Subject: FYI: <http://www.iana.org/postel/> is up again!

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:28:58 +0800

Hello:

<http://www.iana.org/postel/> is up again, and I hope those URLs
would become permanent residents of the "iana.org" site! Please
do not change them, as once an URL is available, people are
starting to BOOKMARK them! (Including me at:
<http://www.geocities.com/ResearchTriangle/Lab/1491/in-iana3.html>)

When there is a typo, or an URL is missing, usually I will contact
the "webmaster" of that site. However, if a whole directory is 
missing, it is something else! The issue here is not "mourning",
"appreciation", et. al, but "policy", "procedure", "management",
"decision making", et. al.

I assume that the charter of IAB (RFC-1601) is still valid, i.e.
IANA and the RFC-EDITOR is a part of the "big IETF family".
I do not know the current "who's who" at IANA (as well as the 
RFC-ED). Therefore, I had written this issue the "IETF" list.

Apology, if it this is considered very offensive,

-- 
Rahmat M.Samik-Ibrahim VLSM-TJT http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/6825
-I am just a poor boy,though my story 's seldom told -the BOXER:S&G

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 20:28:58 +0800

Hello: