Subject: draft-finseth-btv-00.txt

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 00:12:27 +0200

The Internet-Draft draft-finseth-btv-00.txt has been submitted to the
IESG for approval as a standards track RFC. Before going through a
formal last-call process, the Area Directors of Applications Area 
would like to have contact with people working in the area of 
broadcasting and URLs (both areas) to have a look at the document.

   Regards, Patrik Faltstrom

Abstract:

>   This document defines a new URI scheme, "btv".  This scheme provides
>   a mechanism by which "resources" -- which includes virtual channels,
>   events, applications, and data modules -- can be referenced from
>   within a TV broadcast stream, from other broadcast streams, or from
>   the Internet.

The initial request to the IESG (the document has ended up in
Applications Area):

>From: "Craig A. Finseth" <[email-masked]>
>Subject: draft-finseth-btv-00.txt
>Cc: [email-masked]
>
>I would like to submit this document for the standards track.  Can you
>please forward it to the correct area?  (I was unable to find
>documentation on which area would be most appropriate.)
>
>Note that the content was developed as part of the ATSC T3/S17
>(Digital TV Application Software Environment) process and has the
>general support of that body.  However, ATSC rules prohibit such
>bodies providing "endorsements" or the like.
>
>Craig A. Finseth                        [email-masked]
>USSB                                    [email-masked] (coming)
>3415 University Ave, Suite 201          +1 651 659 7162
>St Paul MN 55114                        +1 651 646 8896 fax
>USA                                     http://www.ussb.com
>A ship is safe in a harbor, but that's not what a ship is for--Adm
>Grace Hopper
------------------------------------------------------------------
Area Director, Applications Area               Email: [email-masked]
IETF                                             URL: http://paf.se
                                          PGP Key ID: 0xBD236602

   In theory there is no difference between theory and practice,
   but in practice, there is.