Subject: RE : The Internet is for Everyone

From: "Ace Meataku Anvil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:56:30 +0800

Vint Cerf,

wrt your Internet Draft : The Internet is for Everyone
I strongly support the message you are striving on.

Here are my comments :

Comments :
-Internet Users are increasing by the day. Majority of the technical
personnel are onto this Network but there are those users whose background
are non-techincal. And these users may well be the most important factor to
the future of Internet. How do we get them involve in the developments of
Internet. Do we have sufficient topics of interest for these groups of
users? Have we design and promote sufficient interest in getting them
involved.

-If the Internet Steering Committee loses it's influence on the
developments of Internet, The governments of the world and the Businesses
of the world will dictate the Internet. 
I trust most would agree with me on this. We just cant afford to lose
control over this medium as sincerely speaking there aren't any other
medium in this world that come close to being "Free" from Authorities. 
Recognising that there are needs of support from major Technology
Businesses in the development of Internet,  there need to be a proper
guidelines & policy in how these businesses are involved and levels of
involvements. And addressing the Govt. needs and involvement is crucial as
well. How powerful is our current Internet Steering Comittee in "policing"
any govt's control over internet policies in their own country. And if this
is done, wont we be criticised as being hypocrites for controlling and
dictating Internet... And therefore, Worldwide Users Voting is so crucial
to policy enforcements and without majority of the Internet Users
involvements, how will this be recognised as being  valid.
-Promoting Worldwide Internet Users participation is critical
-Standards and method of Vote must be defined in order to get good and
proper vote results.
-Standards and method of Survey must be defined in order to get good and
proper Statistics data.
-Proper channel for any users to submit complaints on "Internet
Dictatorship" of anykind and comments to Internet NonTechnical Issues. 
-Proper Investigation team attending to complaints.

these are just some ideas... to work on... 

"Internet is for Everyone"  but dont you think that "Everyone is for
Internet" would be more suitable? 

rgrds. Phan
-----------------------------------------------------------
A Member of ISOC (1338692)
CyberName : Ace Meataku Anvil
Business Development Manager
New Technology and Innovation Sdn Bhd (104397-U)
Core Technology - SI Unit
Lot 27, Medan Setia Satu,                
Plaza Damansara,                             
Bukit Damansara,                             
50490 Kuala Lumpur,                       
Malaysia.
Tel : 603-254-8702/8742
Fax : 603-252-3717
Email : [email-masked] 
ICQ : 14579033 

NTI URL : http://nti.infomal.com.my/
Informative Malaysia URL : http://www.infomal.com.my/
iWebFax Free Faxing Service URL : http://biz.infomal.com.my/webfax

---

From: "Ace Meataku Anvil" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 12:56:30 +0800

Vint Cerf,

Here are my comments :

Comments :

rgrds. Phan