Subject: will wireless modems work at the next IETF?

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 18:08:02 -0400

What are the chances that the wireless modems that are working so well
here in Oslo will work at the next IETF meeting in DC or the subsequent
meeting in Oz?

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

---

From: Brian Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

> here in Oslo will work at the next IETF meeting in DC or the subsequent

If whoever is responsible for the network in DC goes to the same care and 
effort that the folks in Oslo did then, yes, wireless LAN will work as 
well in DC as it did in Oslo.

The guys who set up the network in Oslo did a first-class job.  It is the 
best I have ever experienced at an IETF meeting.

Brian Lloyd
[email-masked]
+1.916.676.6513

---

From: Brian Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 22:03:53 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Lloyd
[email-masked]
+1.916.676.6513

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 17:03:42 +0200

> well in DC as it did in Oslo.

..and not only the wireless lan, but also the idea of having ethernet taps
just all over the place: in the bar, in the hotel lobby, at every chair and
sofa found in the hotel.......that is service!
 
> best I have ever experienced at an IETF meeting.

I would say that doing something that is even close to what they did in
Oslo is a difficult job.

Thanks for everything! 

Especially the blåb¦rsyltetøj!

   paf -- working with the net in Stockholm, and thought we did a good
job...

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 1999 17:03:42 +0200

Thanks for everything!

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Thompson)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:11:00 -0500

> well in DC as it did in Oslo.

Do we have any clue about which hotel(s) will be used in DC?

Jim

---

From: [email-masked] (Jim Thompson)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:11:00 -0500

Jim

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

> Do we have any clue about which hotel(s) will be used in DC?

yup.  pretty likely a rather big one.

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 16:47:37 -0700 (PDT)

randy