Subject: Re: Fw: Pass the hat for ICANN ?

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:27:23 -0500

Then why is the ICANN coming to Norway this week to the IETF meeting ?
Esther Dyson said that she and Mike Roberts will be attending this meeting.

http://www.ietf.org/ietf/99jul/poisson-agenda-99jul.txt

4. ICANN PSO (Scott Bradner)     45 min   - status update
   - draft-ietf-poisson-mou-pso-00.txt

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming

-----Original Message-----
From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
To: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>; Steve Coya
<[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, July 09, 1999 6:56 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: Pass the hat for ICANN ?

>At 02:02 AM 7/8/99 -0500, Jim Fleming wrote:
>>>Will the IETF be passing the hat for ICANN over there in Norway ?
>
>Why would the IETF be doing that? It has never done so before, and has gone
>rather out of its way to stay out of the politics of the DNS mess.
>
>We have discussed the appropriateness of political commentary on the IETF
>list before, and I have bumped Bob Allisat of several times specifically
>for ignoring our posted mailing list AUP. Please do not post to the IETF
>list on this subject, as it has no technical component and is not a matter
>of IETF policy.
>

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 14:59:07 +0200

>Then why is the ICANN coming to Norway this week to the IETF meeting ?

Your ability to leap to irrational deductions from irrelevant facts is amazing.

the fact is that *they* are attending the *IETF* meeting. The *IETF* is
doing nothing whatsoever to fund them.

And I have a complaint. I replied privately to your public email, asking
you to not post off-topic comments to the IETF list. You replied publicly
to my private email, copying the IETF list, with an off-topic comment. Why
did you do that?

---

From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 14:59:07 +0200