Subject: ID FINAO Quality Standard

From: John Galt <[email-masked]>
Date: 2 Jul 99 11:19:08 MDT

Dear Fred,

It is an honor for me to count myself as a member of the group 
constituted by the fine men and women of the IETF although I'm
not registered as a member.

I am submitting the following text for possible publication as
and Internet-Draft.  Please feel free to recommend improvements.

Best Regards,

John Galt

Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF)                      J. Galt
                                                      
ID-FINAO-01                                         
						                   FINAO Quality Standard

						                    <draft-finao-01.txt>

Status of this Memo

    This document is an Internet-Draft and is in full conformance 
    with all provisions of Section 10 of RFC2026.

    Internet-Drafts are working documents of the Internet 
    Engineering	Task Force (IETF), its areas, and its working 
    groups.  Note that other groups may also distribute working 
    documents as Internet-Drafts.

    Internet-Drafts are draft documents and may be replaced, or 
    obsoleted by other documents. It is inappropriate to use 
    Internet-Drafts as reference material or to cite them other 
    than as "work in progress."

    The list of current Internet-Drafts can be accessed at
		     http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-abstracts.txt

    The list of Internet-Draft Shadow Directories can be accessed at
       http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html.

	   This draft, file name draft-finao-01.txt, is intended to become 
    a standard.
	
	   Distribution of this document is unlimited. 

	   Copyright (C) The Internet Society. All Rights Reserved.

Abstract: This document describes a common quality standard.

                  THE FINAO QUALITY STANDARD
                 ============================  

	Since all standards are codes of conduct they are moral by
	nature.  It is therefore necessary to define all standards 
	within a moral framework, though this is often implicitly
	done rather than explicitly.

	The moral constitution of the FINAO Quality Standard is a 
	specific impression held in a specific movie.  

	The word 'FINAO' stands for the general statement,

                  "Failure is not an option." 
             
	and with full qualification it is defined by a specific moral
	unit, which in this standard is the literal, material encoding 
 of that statement in the movie 'Apollo 13' [1] directed by 
 Ron Howard [2] as spoken by the actor Ed Harris [3] with it's 
 full abstract, concrete, real and imaginary content in an 
 eternal universal context.

References

    [1] "Apollo 13", the movie.
	
    [2] Ron Howard, the director.

    [3] Ed Harris, the actor.

Author's Name: John Galt

Author's Address: Atlantis

Date: Now.  'Now' is the time to tell the truth, the whole truth 
      and nothing but the truth. Period. That's the definition 
      of 'now'.

Acknowledgement:

    To Ayn Rand:

    You never knew me personally but you showed me that truth is 
    no stranger to fiction, but not necessarily the other way around.

    You drew the blueprint of my soul but I built it on my site.

    I am eternally grateful to you.
     
    With the Deepest Love and Respect,

    John Galt

Full Copyright Statement

   "Copyright (C) The Internet Society.  All Rights Reserved.

   This document and translations of it may be copied and furnished to
   others, and derivative works that comment on or otherwise explain it
   or assist in its implmentation may be prepared, copied, published and
   distributed, in whole or in part, without restriction of any kind,
   provided that the above copyright notice and this paragraph are
   included on all such copies and derivative works.  However, this
   document itself may not be modified in any way, such as by removing
   the copyright notice or references to the Internet Society or other
   Internet organizations, except as needed for the purpose of
   developing Internet standards in which case the procedures for
   copyrights defined in the Internet Standards process must be
   followed, or as required to translate it into languages other than
   English.

   The limited permissions granted above are perpetual and will not be
   revoked by the Internet Society or its successors or assigns.

   This document and the information contained herein is provided on an
   "AS IS" basis and THE INTERNET SOCIETY AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING
   TASK FORCE DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING
   BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION
   HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF
   MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

____________________________________________________________________
Get free e-mail and a permanent address at http://www.netaddress.com/?N=1