Subject: IETF Y2K Compliance...

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 08:03:55 -0500

Fred,

The IETF may not have noticed that this is 1999 and
some organizations are trying to make sure that they
are Y2K compliant. Using 2 digit year codes will not
get you there. I suggest that you review all of the IETF
"Processes" for compliance.

Jim Fleming

@@@@ http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/poisson-charter.html

Process for Organization of Internet Standards ONg (poisson) 
Last Modified: 04-Jun-99 

Chair(s):
Erik Huizer <[email-masked]>

General Area Director(s): 
Fred Baker <[email-masked]>

General Area Advisor: 
Fred Baker <[email-masked]>

Mailing Lists: 
General Discussion:[email-masked] 
To Subscribe: [email-masked] 
Archive: ftp://ftp.tis.com/pub/lists/poised/poised.yymm

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming

http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/03_23_98-2.htm
http://www.unir.com/images/architech.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/address.gif
http://www.unir.com/images/headers.gif
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 07:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

> "Processes" for compliance.

Jim, apparently you have not noticed that work on this issue has been
underway for quite some time. See:

  http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/2000-charter.html

for details. In particular, you'll want to look at the output of this group,
RFC 2626.

				Ned

---

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 1999 07:37:19 -0700 (PDT)

Ned