Subject: No doubts about Norway

From: "John W. Noerenberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 23:45:56 +0200

To pass the time on the plane home, I picked up a copy of Douglas 
Adam's novel, "The Long, Dark Tea-time of the Soul".  On page 2, 
writing about the character Kate Schechter, Adams writes:

	She was not a superstitious person, or even a religious 
person, she was simply
	someone who was not at all sure she should be flying to Norway.

If she knew she would receive the warmth and hospitality of the 
natives of Oslo and benefited from the tireless dedication and 
inventiveness of the team who organized and sponsored this IETF 
(especially the Terminal Room With a View), there would be no doubt 
she would be flying to Norway as eagerly as an Viking sails to Asgard.

Many Thanks!

best,

john noerenberg (in Oslo Jul 10-19, 1999)
[email-masked]
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------
   The man that can most truly be accounted brave is he who best
   knows the meaning of what is sweet in life and what is terrible,
   and then goes out undeterred to meet what is to come.
   -- Pericles, "Funeral Oration", 479 B.C.
   ----------------------------------------------------------------------