Subject: i sing the song of countless blueberry summers

From: Bob Allisat <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:53:26 +0000

The winds of motion move relentlessly. A drop of water 
 is sufficient to bring down the greatest of mountains
 should that drop persevere over the course of millenia.
 Why do we wonder that change is slow or that rapid movement
 occurs when all along we could simply look and see the
 course of breeze and the cut of water? There are many
 signs. Abundant indications. Copious portents. Of what
 is immanent. The press of what we call time does not cease 
 confronted by a thousand puny voices shouting "There is no
 time! We are the emporers of everything! We rule omnipotent!"
 Nature laughs at such arrogance by simply turning over the
 seasons, playing the rains and sun and frost and heat. In
 succession and without humanly aprehendable patterns. 
 Internally far more potently than without. In each little
 caesar the same down-wearing naturality. Let it rain, let
 the tempests wail and the fucked and wandering fuck and
 wander. It is all the same to the eternal me. For those
 with ears to see and eyes to see there is no hope save the
 all sacred, the all consuming, the all casting earthwards.
 Let us what we call pray in multitudinous voices to the sun,
 to the moon, to the clouds, oceans and lakes, streams and
 creeks! Let us dreamwalk with the beaver and fox, the pigeon
 and seagull, the panther and pocupine! Let us incant to the
 gods, to all gods, to one god and no god! All together now!
 I can't hear you!! Follow the bouncing ball. Ya'll. Love. Bob.

---

From: "Kent Tegels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:33:02 -0500

Enough already, Bob.

Up to a point, I agree with what have been saying. There are probably others
that do as well. I've been willing to read your postings along with all of
the others. I had hoped to learn something from this list. I had hoped that
someday, maybe, I could contribute something meaningful to the process.

No longer. I'm canceling my subscription and giving up. I've learned is that
the IETF has an substantial capacity to integrate many (but not all) points
of view. I've learned that yes, the Internet is a business after all. And,
in departing, maybe the best contribution I can community is to ask you to
do the same.

BTW, its [email-masked]. Set the subject and body to 'unsubscribe'

Thank You,
Kent

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Bob Allisat [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Monday, July 26, 1999 5:53 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: i sing the song of countless blueberry summers
>
>

---

From: "Kent Tegels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 1999 22:33:02 -0500

Enough already, Bob.

Thank You,
Kent

---

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:01:35 -0400 (EDT)

> No longer. I'm canceling my subscription and giving up. I've learned is that

	No!  That's exactly what he is trying to accomplish.  Do not judge
the rest of us by the same yardstick as this moron.  Everytime he bitches
about how terrible the IETF is and how they try and silence him, he answers
the opportunities to speak with inanities and absurdities like this until
the list owners have no choice but to ban him again.  He has a serious case
of "martyr syndrome".  He seems to want to be banned so he can wear the hair
shirt and weep crocodille tears about how the big bad IETF won't listen to
him and won't let him speak.  He spouts nonsense and offends everyone until
he is banned.  The second the ban is lifted, he cranks up his "in your face
you $#@$#@" obscenity routine again.  He keeps it up till he gets banned
again and can play the cry-baby act again.  You can almost set your watch
(Uh - calander) by it.  He's been going at this a long time.  Longer than
I've been an IETF participant.  I learned, first hand, what the IETF is really
like and that his complaints are absurd and false.

	Sometimes, it almost seems like he is approaching rationality, but
then reality rears it's head.  Certainly, this last example is not one of
those cases.  In fact, I haven't seen one of his attempts at faux rationality
in quite some time.  I've begun to believe that occasional rationality on
his part is only a ruse to make others think he's the victim, when it's
really a self inflicted injury.

	Add him to your kill list (use a procmail script to nuke any message
with him anywhere in the headers) and you will improve the signal to noise
ratio immensely.  He's powerless (beyond wasting bandwidth) when he's
ignored.  Of course, when he gets everyone else, like you and me, to waste
even more bandwidth complaining, he's in his groove.  If he can get others
to give up on the cooperative effort to develop standards and reduce the
process to the anarchy he enjoys, he is in his element.  Don't give up
on the process because of one disruptor.  That's what he would like lots
of people to do.  That's his only power.

> in departing, maybe the best contribution I can community is to ask you to

	The IETF does integrate many points of view, as I have learned
first hand.  This clown's objectives are not to contribute but to disrupt.

> > Subject: i sing the song of countless blueberry summers

	[Inane ramblings of a deranged mind deleted]

	Mike
-- 
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [email-masked]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (770) 925-8248   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/
  NIC whois:  MHW9      |  An optimist believes we live in the best of all
 PGP Key: 0xDF1DD471    |  possible worlds.  A pessimist is sure of it!

---

From: "Michael H. Warfield" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 01:01:35 -0400 (EDT)

Mike

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:04:40 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bob,

I coulda sworn you wrote you would be off until September (maybe October)

>> at about this point in every discussion Fred chimes in asking Steve to
>> cut me off for some number of weeks. 

I see no reason to wait for Fred... we are an acommodating group, and I'll
be happy to process your request.

Consider it done.

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:04:40 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

Bob,

Consider it done.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:47:31 -0500

In Fred's absence, allow me to endorse Steve's decision, based
on the totally inappropriate and offensive language in 
Mr Allisat's message.

  Brian Carpenter
  IAB Chair

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 17:47:31 -0500

Brian Carpenter
  IAB Chair

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:53:24 -0500

>be happy to process your request.

Steve .. under the circumstances I vote for making it permanant.  He's in 
most of our email anti-spam configurations as it is!

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC
8045 Big Bend Blvd. Suite 110
St. Louis, MO 63119
Voice 314.918.9020
eFAX Fax to EMail 815.333.1237 (Preferred for Fax)
INTERNET Mail & IFAX : [email-masked]
GSTN Fax 314.918.9015
MediaGate iPost VoiceMail and Fax 800.260.4464
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

---

From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 1999 18:53:24 -0500

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting LLC