Subject: TV URI's and tv://

From: "Michael A. Dolan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 1999 13:37:21 -0700

Since there appears to be interest in the subject of TV URI's, and to 
offer some proof that the subject of better URI schemes is actually 
being thought about, I offer the following paper about URI's for TV 
in general, and a proposal for tv:// in particular (circa February):

	http://www.tbt.com/tvuriframe-03.htm

FYI, the links to the tv: and btv: drafts are outdated, but can be 
found with a search of the I-D.  And, appologies to the perhaps odd 
HTML formatting.

If anyone is interested, I'm happy to take input and discussion on 
this paper.  We can do it on www-tv or someplace if ietf is not 
appropriate.

In any event, PLEASE try to keep discussion of the above paper and 
the other schemes it references separate from the submitted draft for 
tv:.

Hopefully this paper will provide a slightly bigger picture of the 
issues and a strawman for future discussion, either here on ietf or 
wherever.

Regards,
	Mike

------------------------------------------------------
Michael A. Dolan, Representing DIRECTV,  (619)445-9070   
PO Box 1673 Alpine, CA 91903        FAX: (619)445-6122