Subject: Re: draft-zigmond-tv-url-02

From: Vernon Schryver <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 1999 07:24:12 -0600 (MDT)

By my count, this is the fourth essentially identical message from these
guys.  It is not polite to simply ignore them or the many other
"utilizations" of the I-D and Informational RFC process in recent years.

The right response is for the IETF to finally respond to the changed world,
admit that being a publisher without an editor for all comers is unwise,
and change the rules slightly.  Henceforth, the IESG should publish no
Internet Drafts except those that are products of IETF working groups or
the IAB, and implement that exit from the usenet-like publishing world by
requiring a go-ahead from a working group chair, area director, IESG
member, IAB member before publishing any draft.

Note that this would also meet some of the objections to non-IETF as
well as IETF approved archives of expired I-D's.

Vernon Schryver    [email-masked]

> From: "Jack Lang" <[email-masked]>
> To: <[email-masked]>
> Cc: <[email-masked]>

> IETF members,
>
> ntl: supports the conventions documented in draft-zigmond-tv-url-02,
> and supports the release of this document as an Informational RFC.
>
> Jack Lang
> Chief Technologist
> ntl: Interactive
> 90 Longacre
> London WC2E 9RA
>
>