Subject: IETF VPIM Mailing List

From: "Glenn Parsons" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 17:20:15 -0400

FYI,

A new mailing list has been set up for the IETF VPIM BOF/WG.

Posting address [email-masked]
To subscribe send "subscribe" in the body of message to
[email-masked]. To leave send "unsubscribe" 
Majordomo archives all the mail. To learn how to retrieve archive send
"help" to [email-masked]. 

VPIM (Voice Profile for Internet Mail) is a profile of Internet Mail
standards intended for use between voice mail systems.  VPIM v2 is defined
in RFC 2421.  The group is being chartered to advance VPIM v2 on the IETF
standards track and to design a VPIM v3 that is more compatible with desktop
and unified messaging systems as well as voice mail systems.

Interoperability testing, deployment trials, directory issues and
conformance are currently worked on in the EMA, as well as the VMA & TMIA.

More information can be found on the VPIM web site at:
http://www.ema.org/vpim

Cheers,
Glenn.