Subject: What institutional form is needed instead of ICANN?

From: Ronda Hauben <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 09:17:06 -0400 (EDT)

Toward opening up a real discussion over what to do about ICANN 
and recognizing that this is *not* confined to a contest between
NSI and ICANN as it is being portrayed in the U.S. media, 

See in Telepolis:

        What Institutional Form is Needed to Replace ICANN?

        URL: http://www.heise.de/tp/english/inhalt/te/5183/1.html

        See also proposal originally submitted to the NTIA to
         create a solution to the problem rather than ICANN
         http://www.columbia.edu/~rh120/other/dns_proposal.txt

Ronda

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 16:49:43 -0500

Ronda,

Please don't waste our time with this. The argument about the
creation of ICANN is long over and done with. Can we please
stick to IETF business on this list?

Thanks

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Brian E Carpenter (IAB Chair)
Program Director, Internet Standards & Technology, IBM Internet Div
On assignment for IBM at http://www.iCAIR.org 
Non-IBM email: [email-masked]