Subject: draft-zigmond-tv-url-02.txt

From: "Donald E. Eastlake 3rd" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 23:35:35 -0400

This draft appears to be laden with obnxoious legal provisions.  The
Status of This Document section claims full conformance with RFC 2026
and claims to grant unlimited distribution.  But sections 9 and 10
claim, among other things, to grant rights to the Intellectual
Property in this document only if it is adopted as an Internet
Standard, something that seems unlikely to ever happen for a simple
URL scheme definition, and even them implies (but does not explicitly
state) that anyone using it has to apply to Microsoft and to Liberate
Technologies for a license which it only says will be given on
"reasonable and non-disriminatory terms", not necessarily free or
anything.

Come on.  this is just a simply and apparently widely used URL scheme
definition.  Sections 9 and 10 should really just be dropped although
I suppose the disclaimer of warranty parts don't do any harm.

Donald
=====================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1 914-276-2668     [email-masked]
 65 Shindegan Hill Road, RR#1  +1 914-784-7913(work)  [email-masked]
 Carmel, NY 10512 USA