Subject: IETF Discussion on TLDs

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 23:17:39 -0500

At one time, the IETF claimed not to be interested
in discussions on TLDs, etc. I guess that has changed.

@@@ http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg05087.html

"In other words, NSI is *actively* encouraging registrants to register
their names in .net and .org."

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

People can obtain a wide variety of choices by adding
a DLD - Dash Level Domain to the right of a .COM, .NET
or .ORG name.

http://www.icann.org/comments-mail/icann-current/msg00342.html

In my opinion, there is little need for "new" TLDs until the ICANN gets the
current 250+ legacy TLDs under control via the GAC. The following
TLDs are currently "accredited". I assume that .COM, .NET, .ORG and
some of the others are also accredited. People can now start building
their Root Name Server Clusters (RSCs) and Root Zones with LESS
TLDs if they only include those "accredited" by ICANN.

@@@ http://www.noie.gov.au/docs/GAC_reps.htm

.AM - [email-masked]

.AR - [email-masked]

.AT - [email-masked]

.AU - [email-masked]

.AU - [email-masked]

.BE - [email-masked]

.BE - [email-masked]

.BR - [email-masked]

.CA - [email-masked]

.CH - [email-masked]

.CL - [email-masked]

.CY - [email-masked]

.CZ - [email-masked]

.DE - [email-masked]

.DK - [email-masked]

.ES - [email-masked]

.FI - [email-masked]

.FJ - [email-masked]

.FR - [email-masked]

.IE - [email-masked]

.IT - [email-masked]

.JP - [email-masked]

.KR - [email-masked]

.LK - [email-masked]

.LV - [email-masked]

.MA - [email-masked]

.MY - [email-masked]

.NL - [email-masked]

.NO - [email-masked]

.NZ - [email-masked]

.PE - [email-masked]

.PG - [email-masked]

.SE - [email-masked]

.SG - [email-masked]

.SI - [email-masked]

.TO - [email-masked]

.UK - [email-masked]

.US - [email-masked]

.VA - [email-masked]

.VN - [email-masked]

.YE - [email-masked]

.ZA - [email-masked]

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Jim Fleming