Subject: Re: the old "separate document series" argument

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 12:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

> You say that as if it contradicts the preceding words.

I say that if we want to additionally restrict the RFC series
we should decide to do so with great care

> On the contrary, historically the RFC editor exercised a lot of filtering.

as has the IESG - but there are a lot of RFCs publiched that
vendors mislead their potential customers with yet they are potentially
useful to the Internet community

Scott

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:39:08 -0400

> we should decide to do so with great care

agree entirely.
 
> useful to the Internet community

I assume we would handle these much the same way that we do now -
if the information is useful to the community, publish with appropriate 
modifications and/or disclaimers in place.

Keith

---

From: Keith Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:39:08 -0400

agree entirely.

Keith