Subject: Conference postings? (Was: Broadband Access Conference (BAC'99) - REMINDER)

From: Graham Klyne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 07:18:46 +0100

At 11:32 17/08/99 +0200, Andrzej Pach wrote:
>IEEE BROADBAND ACCESS CONFERENCE (BAC'99),
[...]

>WARNING: The remainder of this message has not been transferred.
>The estimated size of this message is 312343 bytes.
[...]

This, too me, a potent reason why conference announcements should not be
accepted to the IETF list.  1/3 Megabyte is not so much spam as the whole
darned pig.

I have never yet seen a conference announcement on this list that I wanted
to see.

Why doesn't the IETF create a separate conference announcements list and
ban ALL such messages from the main list?  The level of subscription to
that list may give an indication of how many people regard such
announcements as a "service to the community".

#g

------------
Graham Klyne
([email-masked])