Subject: Re: Working documents repository

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 14:30:10 -0400 (EDT)

> You mean a THIRD archival series. We already have STD and RFC.

a STD is an RFC with an additional label

Scott

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:37:45 +0100 (BST)

> a STD is an RFC with an additional label

in that case, an RFC must be an internet-draft with a different label.

Your trivial description ignores the process in moving from
standards-track RFC to STD.

L.

much as people yelling 'we support release as an informational RFC'
ignore the process involved in moving from draft to RFC.

> Scott

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 1999 19:37:45 +0100 (BST)

L.