Subject: Re: 46th IETF: SOCIAL EVENT

From: Paul Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:35:25 -0400

It would be _great_ if the registration page for this social
event allowed you to register (like others in the past) without
requiring a credit card -- sorry, I'm not giving mine.

I guess I'll "socialize" in the bar.

- paul

At 10:59 AM 09/08/1999 -0400, [email-masked] wrote:

>IETF 46 - SOCIAL EVENT
>TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 1999
>AN EVENING AT DAVE & BUSTER'S
>FOOD, FUN AND FRIENDS 
>
>Social Event URL:
>  http://standards.nortelnetworks.com/ietf46/social.html
>
>Dave & Buster's claim to fame is a Million Dollar Midway with over 200
>state-of-the-art video games, electronic simulators and virtual reality 
>games.  You will be provided with a rechargeable power card (twenty-five 
>"chips") giving you the opportunity to try all the games you've ever 
>imagined. For those of you looking for something a little less frantic 
>there are numerous billiards tables as well as blackjack and shuffleboard. 
>There is lots of lounge space for enjoying food & drink and getting caught 
>up with old friends.
>
>Buffets and open bars will be stationed throughout the gallery and a map 
>will be provided which will highlight the locations of the different food 
>stations in the venue. Vegetarian diets will be accommodated. Be sure to 
>check out the Gourmet Dessert Bar and Cookie station!
>
>Transportation
>
>The first bus departs from the front of the Omni Shoreham Hotel at 17:30 
>to take you to the White Flint Mall just outside of Washington. On board 
>each bus, Nortel Networks representatives will be awarding "seat" prizes 
>to lucky riders. The last bus going to Dave & Buster's will leave the hotel 
>at 19:00.
>
>You'll be greeted at the door of Dave & Buster's and will need to show your
>Dinner Ticket. In exchange you will receive a Power Card and two drink
>tickets redeemable at the bar.
>
>Buses will start leaving Dave & Buster's at 20:30 so if you want to come 
>just to mingle and feast -- or if you plan to spend all night playing the 
>numerous games of skill, luck and chance, we'll get you home! The last bus 
>will leave at 22:00.
>
>Pre-Payment
>
>Cost - $30.00 US
>
>Please complete the pre-registration form with your credit card information.
>We'll have your ticket ready for you at the Social Event desk in the
>registration area of the hotel. Please note that the charge on your credit 
>card statement will read "Conference Coll Inc."
>
>Alternatively, email your intention to attend and indicate that you will 
>bring cash or a check on-site.
>
>Social Event URL:
>  http://standards.nortelnetworks.com/ietf46/social.html
>
>
>

---

From: Paul Ferguson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Sep 1999 20:35:25 -0400

- paul

---

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:22:53 -0400 (EDT)

> >bring cash or a check on-site.

It appears as though you missed this sentence.

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  [email-masked]  *  http://stargate.sg505.net/~tlilley/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Perl is the preferred programming language of the Libertarian Party,
   Python that of the Democratic Party, and C that of the Republican Party.

---

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Sep 1999 23:22:53 -0400 (EDT)