Subject: MTFTP, PXE, remote boot, and all that jazz

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 16:01:23 -0400 (EDT)

I've looked on altavista for multicast TFTP (RFC 2090) implementions and
have come up with not so much (though I admit my choices of search terms,
and my lack of patience for wading through results, may be the cause).

Are there any decent Linux clients? Linux servers?

I saw reference to an I-D for what appeared to be a *different* MTFTP than
that documented in 2090, that was somehow connected with the Intel PXE
(Pre-boot Execution) stuff and remote booting. Does the PXE/DMI remote
boot firmware support 2090-style MTFTP? Something different? Are there
docs hiding somewhere on DMI and the remote boot implemented in the Intel
motherboards?

I looked for a relevant working group whose mailing list I ould peruse,
but saw none that jumped out at me (though, again, I may be blind and/or
stupid).

Thanks!

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  [email-masked]  *  http://stargate.sg505.net/~tlilley/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   Perl is the preferred programming language of the Libertarian Party,
   Python that of the Democratic Party, and C that of the Republican Party.