Subject: Re: a moment of silence

From: David Farber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 1999 08:52:45 -0400 (EDT)

Somehow  I feel that Jon would have celebrated the net rather than shut it down

I remember the first time I met Jon when he asked if I would be his thesis supervisor. 
I wonder if the inhabitants of that office which included
Vint and Steve Crocker and others would like to celebrate
on the 15 th online

Dave

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 06:02:11 -0700

> I feel that Jon would have celebrated the net rather than shut it down

i don't have the hubris to say.  i do know that he did suggest shutting
it down for a day.  but i very clearly and specifically did not suggest
doing so.  as i thought i said, we are each free to choose how we wish to
remember this sad occasion, or to not remember it at all.  i was merely
trying to remind folk the date was coming.  i hope to spend it walking in
the woods.  ymmv.

randy

---

From: Randy Bush <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Oct 1999 06:02:11 -0700

randy