Subject: New mailing list for Common Indexing Protocol discussions

From: Martin Hamilton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 11:43:10 +0100

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----

Hi, with the sad demise of Bunyip we lost the FIND working group's
mailing list.  Not a disaster, since the RFCs (2651 through 2655) have
now been published, but it still leaves people doing stuff with CIP
without a place to meet up and talk.

So, I've created a new mailing list explicitly for CIP implementors 
and deployers.  To subscribe...

  Go to <URL:http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/imesh-cip/>

  or send mail to [email-masked]
     with message body "join imesh-cip john doe"
     (s/john doe/your name/)

The list will be archived (browseable and searchable) on the Web at
the above address.

We're doing some work with CIP as part of the joint UK/US IMesh
Toolkit project, co-funded by JISC in the UK and the NSF in the US.
For more information on this, check out <URL:http://www.imesh.org/>.

Please feel free to forward this message on to anyone who might be 
interested...

Cheers,

Martin

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:20:39 -0400 (EDT)

> without a place to meet up and talk.

Just as an FYI, I have the FIND list archive and I'm in the
process of putting it up on an ftp server. I'll let the new
list know about the archive when its up...

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | www.rwhois.net/michael
Sr. Research Engineer   |   www.ga.lp.org/gwinnett     | ICQ#:         14198821
Network Solutions	|          www.lp.org          |  [email-masked]

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 1999 07:20:39 -0400 (EDT)

---

From: Peter Deutsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:00:27 -0400

g'day all,

Sorry for the delay in answering this. I've been on the road and no
reading list mail.

> list know about the archive when its up...

As a further FYI, I have been appointed by the Bunyip trustee as
guardian of the company's servers and data until there is a final
disposition of assets, and thus have copies of the various archives, etc
that Bunyip was hosting. If anyone needs any other data feel free to
contact me and I will be happy to coordinate its release with the
trustee in a timely fashion.

				- peterd

------------------------------------------------------------------
   Peter Deutsch                  [email-masked]
   ShopHound Inc.               (613) 230-3980 (Ottawa)
                           (650) 903-2247 (Mountain View)

      "Many people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm
       afraid of widths..."
                                     -- Steve Wright
-----------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Peter Deutsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 12:00:27 -0400

g'day all,

				- peterd