Subject: Re: Citation bug in RFC 2425

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 15:16:35 -0700

BTW,

Using a URL in a citation in an RFC seems like a bad idea.  There may
be exceptions, e.g., an IETF.org or RFC-Editor.org URL might be less
risky.  But expecting a URL in general to stay invariant for 25 years
seems dubious.

Bob Braden

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:14:16 -0700

>risky.  But expecting a URL in general to stay invariant for 25 years

Not to worry in this case: it wasn't a normative reference. In fact, that 
reference wasn't mentioned at all in the body of the RFC. :-) They did 
manage to get the URL correct in RFC2426, where it is also a non-normative 
reference.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 16:14:16 -0700

--Paul Hoffman, Director