Subject: BayStack 650 driver for FreeBSD3.3+PAO

From: Atsushi Onoe <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:50:55 +0900 (JST)

I've just ported Bill Sommerfeld's NetBSD driver ('awi') for BayStack 650
to FreeBSD 3.3+PAO.
Though it is just very alpha port not to be released (in particular
name and directory of source files must be changed), it might be
helpful for FreeBSD notebook users.

ftp://onoe2.sm.sony.co.jp/pub/awi-991109a.tar.gz

you have to add .c files to "files.i386" and put "device awi0"
line into your config file.
and, add contents of "pccard.conf.add" file to /etc/pccard.conf

Restrictions
	file name must be changed to solve conflict with ux driver.
	only works with PAO
	much more should comes here...

Atsushi Onoe

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

I found that a sleep 3 or sleep 5 just before dhcpc is
called in pccard_ether script is quite enough.

dw

Sorry for bothering you again,

> is there a simple method/recipe which does not drive dhcpd and routing nuts?

comment out "insert pccard_ether $device" line from your pccard.conf
and run manually dhcp once.

and there is a newer version of the driver updated by Bill
which is much more stable.
ftp://onoe2.sm.sony.co.jp/pub/awi-991109b.tar.gz

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi

---

From: Dirk-Willem van Gulik <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 21:59:10 +0100 (MET)

dw

Atsushi