Subject: mailing list archives

From: Ken Carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Nov 1999 13:33:10 -0500

Hello,

I was wondering if someone (IAB, IESG, wg chairs, whomever) could
strongly encourage the folks that maintain archives to provide them
as a series (volumes), as opposed to a single clump/file.  Some 
archivists do provide a more structured breakdown based on month/year.  
However, others have simply a single large file (I just downloaded one 
that has its first entry dated June of 1987)
                                       ####

Thankfully, my ISP connectivity is large enough not to worry about the
time to download, but there are significant numbers of people either
behind 56/28.8k modems or behind satcom links where large file transfers
can be problematic.

I deeply appreciate the time & resources used to archive working group
mailing lists, but it would be very helpful if these folks could add
some structure to the archive.

cheers,

-ken