Subject: can someone in the know comment on the current status of networking in general and multicast in particular from the meeting proper.

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 14:49:31 -0800 (PST)

I/WE stoped seeing the two source machines (channel 1 and channel 2)
joined to the sessions after about 11am pdt so 2pm edt. They haven't
surfaced since until just now. The last time actual packets arrived
before right now was on channel 2 from the very beginning diffserve wg
meeting for 4 minutes.

currently ecm is arrving but it's the first we've seen in several hours...

joelja

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli				       [email-masked]    
Academic User Services			     [email-masked]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.

---

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 06:31:42 -0800 (PST)

>>currently ecm is arrving but it's the first we've seen in several hours...

Since the announcements seem to be getting out (see sdr-monitor) I
believe this is an SA problem.  We got Kevin T. and Zaid at vBNS to
identify some problems.  Hugh LaMaster also helped fix some problems
related to dense mode protocols and MSDP.

As for running PIM on the Nortel boxes...  you actually believe a
sales drone at NANOG (or anywhere for that matter)?  For the record,
Nortel does indeed have PIM code but not production yet.

I have done the best I can to make sure traffic actually makes it
into vBNS.  BTW, there has always been spotty connectivity between
some of the domains (for example, I notice the UO advertisements
are only making it out to about half the sdr-monitor participants
suggesting a problem with a fair number of other domains).

On a final note, all of the MBone sessions will be available for replay
from the IMJ or for ftp and local replay at the end of the week.

-Kevin

---

From: [email-masked] (Kevin C. Almeroth)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 06:31:42 -0800 (PST)

-Kevin