Subject: more mtrace data (channel2)

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:02:16 -0800 (PST)

was doing great from when I arrived at 8:30pdt till about 10:30pdt

now we're seeing something like this...

which amount to 40-60% instantanious loss

network-services:/net/network-services/disk1/home/joelja# mtrace
130.128.56.121 
128.223.214.27 224.0.1.14
Mtrace from 130.128.56.121 to 128.223.214.27 via group 224.0.1.14
Querying full reverse path... * switching to hop-by-hop:
  0  twin.uoregon.edu (128.223.214.27)
 -1  cisco3-gw.uoregon.edu (128.223.60.1)  PIM  thresh^ 0   [default]
 -2  cisco7-gw.uoregon.edu (128.223.3.7)  PIM/BGP4+  thresh^ 0  Reached RP/Core
 -3  ? (198.32.163.1)  PIM/BGP4+  thresh^ 0  Reached RP/Core
 -4  sac.oregon-gigapop.net (198.32.163.10)  PIM/BGP4+  thresh^ 0  Reached RP/Core
 -5  arc-chi.nren.nasa.gov (192.12.123.45)  PIM/BGP4+  thresh^ 64  Reached RP/Core
 -6  * * chi-arc.nren.nasa.gov (198.10.64.25)  PIM/BGP4+  thresh^ 0  
 -7  cs-atm0-0-2006.dng.vbns.net (204.147.128.197)  PIM/BGP4+  thresh^ 0  
 -8  * * cs-atm0-0-0-24.wor.vbns.net (204.147.135.193)  PIM/Special thresh^ 0  
 -9  * * * * lil-gw.rutgers.edu (165.230.32.97) didn't respond
-10  * * * 
-11  * * 
Resuming...
 -9  lil-gw.rutgers.edu (165.230.32.97)  PIM/Special  thresh^ 0  
-10  bln-3.bone.ietf.innovationslab.net (130.128.96.3)  DVMRP  thresh^ 32  
-12  mbone121.noc.ietf.innovationslab.net (130.128.56.121)
Round trip time 149 ms; total ttl of 70 required.

Waiting to accumulate statistics...Results after 10 seconds:

  Source        Response Dest    Overall     Packet Statistics For Traffic
From
130.128.56.121  128.223.60.21    Packet      130.128.56.121 To 224.0.1.14
     v       __/  rtt  447 ms     Rate       Lost/Sent = Pct  Rate 
130.128.56.3   
130.128.96.3    bln-3.bone.ietf.innovationslab.net 
     v     ^      ttl   33        95 pps       20/257  =  7%  25 pps
165.230.32.97   lil-gw.rutgers.edu 
     v     ^      ttl   33        83 pps      122/237  = 51%  23 pps
204.147.128.185
204.147.135.193 cs-atm0-0-0-24.wor.vbns.net 
     v     ^      ttl   33        57 pps        7/115  =  6%  11 pps
204.147.135.194
204.147.128.197 cs-atm0-0-2006.dng.vbns.net 
     v     ^      ttl   33       341 pps       -9/108  = -8%  10 pps
204.147.128.198
198.10.64.25    chi-arc.nren.nasa.gov 
     v     ^      ttl   33       404 pps        0/117  =  0%  11 pps
198.10.64.26   
192.12.123.45   arc-chi.nren.nasa.gov Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70       170 pps        7/117  =  5%  11 pps
192.12.123.46  
198.32.163.10   sac.oregon-gigapop.net Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70        70 pps        0/110  =  0%  11 pps
198.32.163.9   
198.32.163.1    ?              Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70       305 pps       -7/110  = -6%  11 pps
198.32.163.2   
128.223.3.7     cisco7-gw.uoregon.edu Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70        61 pps        0/117  =  0%  11 pps
128.223.3.3    
128.223.60.1    cisco3-gw.uoregon.edu 
     v      \__   ttl   70         0 pps        ?/117         11 pps
128.223.214.27  128.223.60.21
  Receiver      Query Source

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- 
Joel Jaeggli				       [email-masked]    
Academic User Services			     [email-masked]
     PGP Key Fingerprint: 1DE9 8FCA 51FB 4195 B42A 9C32 A30D 121E
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is clear that the arm of criticism cannot replace the criticism of
arms.  Karl Marx -- Introduction to the critique of Hegel's Philosophy of
the right, 1843.

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:10:04 -0800 (PST)

now under 20%

  Source        Response Dest    Overall     Packet Statistics For Traffic
From
130.128.56.121  128.223.60.21    Packet      130.128.56.121 To 224.0.1.14
     v       __/  rtt  207 ms     Rate       Lost/Sent = Pct  Rate
130.128.56.3   
130.128.96.3    bln-3.bone.ietf.innovationslab.net 
     v     ^      ttl   33        93 pps       25/253  =  9%  25 pps
165.230.32.97   lil-gw.rutgers.edu 
     v     ^      ttl   33        77 pps        0/228  =  0%  22 pps
204.147.128.185
204.147.135.193 cs-atm0-0-0-24.wor.vbns.net 
     v     ^      ttl   33        77 pps        9/228  =  3%  22 pps
204.147.135.194
204.147.128.197 cs-atm0-0-2006.dng.vbns.net 
     v     ^      ttl   33       365 pps      -12/219  = -5%  21 pps
204.147.128.198
198.10.64.25    chi-arc.nren.nasa.gov 
     v     ^      ttl   33       424 pps       -1/231  =  0%  23 pps
198.10.64.26   
192.12.123.45   arc-chi.nren.nasa.gov Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70       210 pps       12/232  =  5%  23 pps
192.12.123.46  
198.32.163.10   sac.oregon-gigapop.net Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70        93 pps        1/220  =  0%  22 pps
198.32.163.9   
198.32.163.1    ?              Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70       325 pps      -14/219  = -6%  21 pps
198.32.163.2   
128.223.3.7     cisco7-gw.uoregon.edu Reached RP/Core
     v     ^      ttl   70        81 pps        0/233  =  0%  23 pps
128.223.3.3    
128.223.60.1    cisco3-gw.uoregon.edu 
     v      \__   ttl   70         0 pps        ?/233         23 pps
128.223.214.27  128.223.60.21
  Receiver      Query Source

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 11:10:04 -0800 (PST)

now under 20%