Subject: Re: Last Call: The 'text/html' Media Type to Informational

From: "Steven Pemberton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:11:11 +0100

The following text needs correction:

   For documents labeled as text/html, the fragment identifier
   designates the correspondingly named A element (named with a "name"
   attribute), or any other element (named with the an "id"
   attribute); this is described in detail in [HTML40] section 12.

There are a number of elements that bear the "name" attribute, besides A:
applet, frame, iframe, img, and map. These are also referrable using
fragment identifiers.

    or any other element (named with the an "id" attribute)

should read:

    or any element (named with an "id" attribute).

since the current text makes it appear that it doesn't apply to the A
element (and there is a typo).

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton

---

From: "Steven Pemberton" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 12:11:11 +0100

should read:

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton