Subject: Am I the only one who finds the music in the terminal room annoying?

From: John Ioannidis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 19:04:20 -0500 (EST)

Or the attitude "if you don't like it, leave it" of the people in charge
of the terminal room (which is pretty much what they told me when I complained).

/ji

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 20:41:49 -0600

Well, they have to be there a lot more than you do!  Ditto the
restaurant staff or the bus driver.

---

From: "Matt Crawford" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 20:41:49 -0600

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Nov 1999 10:12:42 -0500

> restaurant staff or the bus driver.

That's why Sony invented the walkman.

-- 
Perry Metzger		[email-masked]
--
"Ask not what your country can force other people to do for you..."

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 08 Nov 1999 10:12:42 -0500

---

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:17:25 -0500 (EST)

> That's why Sony invented the walkman.

"Excuse me, waiter? waiter? Waiter? WAITER!!!! HEY, YOU, WITH THE WALKMAN
ON!! I'm TRYING to get some SERVICE here!!!"

"Oh, I'm sorry, sir. I had my headphones on."

"Yes, I *see* that."

Of course, if you like, we *could* wear our headphones and just pass out
cattleprods so you can get our attention. I'm sure there are a few folks
who would rather like that system. Ensures our prompt response!

Or you could visit the Senate Room (aka Terminal Room Annex), which is
speaker-free, by design.

--
   Tripp Lilley  *  [email-masked]  *  http://stargate.sg505.net/~tlilley/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
   "Honestly, Baldric, sometimes I feel like a pelican. Whichever way
    I turn, I've still got an enormous bill in front of me."
 
   - Edmund Blackadder, "Amy and Amiability"

---

From: Tripp Lilley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 13:17:25 -0500 (EST)

"Yes, I *see* that."