Subject: RTP

From: "Mehmet Demir" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 03:43:01 +0200

Can anyone tell me if I can find information and source code( if any) on the web and where?
            Thanks in advance

---

From: "Steve Dispensa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:16:26 -0600

Which one?  (Definitions taken from Cisco's website)

RTP

  1. Routing Table Protocol. VINES routing protocol based on RIP. Distributes network topology information and aids VINES servers in finding neighboring clients, servers, and routers. Uses delay as a routing metric.

  2. Rapid Transport Protocol. Provides pacing and error recovery for APPN data as it crosses the APPN network. With RTP, error recovery and flow control are done end-to-end rather than at every node. RTP prevents congestion rather than reacts to it.

  3. Real-Time Transport Protocol. One of the IPv6 protocols. RTP is designed to provide end-to-end network transport functions for applications transmitting real-time data, such as audio, video, or simulation data, over multicast or unicast network services. RTP provides services such as payload type identification, sequence numbering, timestamping, and delivery monitoring to real-time applications.

 - Steve

---

From: "Steve Dispensa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 20:16:26 -0600

RTP

 - Steve

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 08:54:07 -0500

The IETF-relevant version of RTP has a web page at
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs/rtp

Despite what Cisco says, it is not "one of the IPv6 protocols", but
works with either IPv4, IPv6 or even APPN...

----

RTP

      1. Routing Table Protocol. VINES routing protocol based on RIP.
Distributes network topology
      information and aids VINES servers in finding neighboring clients,
servers, and routers. Uses
      delay as a routing metric.

      2. Rapid Transport Protocol. Provides pacing and error recovery
for APPN data as it crosses the
      APPN network. With RTP, error recovery and flow control are done
end-to-end rather than at
      every node. RTP prevents congestion rather than reacts to it.

      3. Real-Time Transport Protocol. One of the IPv6 protocols. RTP is
designed to provide
      end-to-end network transport functions for applications
transmitting real-time data, such as
      audio, video, or simulation data, over multicast or unicast
network services. RTP provides
      services such as payload type identification, sequence numbering,
timestamping, and delivery
      monitoring to real-time applications.
-- 
Henning Schulzrinne   http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~hgs

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Nov 1999 08:54:07 -0500

----

RTP