Subject: ***ANNOUNCEMENT: Pervasive Computing 2000***

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 17:02:26 -0500

***ANNOUNCEMENT: Pervasive Computing 2000***

You May Want to Attend This Inaugural Conference:

PERVASIVE COMPUTING 2000

January 25-26, 2000
National Institute of Standards and Technology
Gaithersburg, Maryland

SPONSORED BY: NIST's Information Technology Laboratory and the
Internet Society

FEATURED SPEAKERS include:

Bill Joy: Keynote Address
Co-Founder, Chief Scientist
Sun Microsystems, Inc.

And 26 distinguished speakers from industry, academia and government
to address an array of pervasive computing topics.

To learn more or to register on-line, please visit the conference
site: http://www.nist.gov/pc2000/

OVERVIEW:
"Pervasive Computing" is shorthand for the strongly emerging trend:
     - Numerous, casually accessible, often invisible computing devices
     - Frequently mobile or embedded in the environment
     - Connected to an increasingly ubiquitous network structure

Failing to see and act upon this trend may be very costly to
U. S. Information Technology companies; just as it was for the
mainframe-based computing community to ignore the emergence of
personal computers; and for the PC industry to ignore the infant
World Wide Web.

The innovative firms which establish a critical mass relatively
early in the generation life cycle are usually the ones with superior
returns on investment.

For computer users, the underlying premise is compelling: simplicity
of use, minimal technical expertise, reliability and more intuitive
interaction methods. Through intelligent use of technologies,
Pervasive Computing presents an unusual opportunity to better serve
human needs.

PC 2000 attendees will have a vital interest in Pervasive
Computing. Many will represent companies actively engaged in
research, planning and development of Pervasive Computing products,
services and/or applications. Others will represent academic,
not-for-profit or government research interests, and the general
computing community.

We look forward to seeing you next January 25 and 26!

Bill Young

National Institute of Standards and Technology
Smart Spaces Laboratory
100 Bureau Drive, Stop 8940
Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8940

301.975.8701
301.975.5287 Fax