Subject: RE: How to unsubscribe from the [email-masked] Mailing list.

From: Dan Kohn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 21:00:51 -0800

Several months ago there was a request of Steve Coya on the list to
implement a simple filter in the IETF's majordomo implementation that
sidelines all messages that begin with "unsubscribe CRLF" (and preferably
"unsuscribe", etc.).  I understand this is very easy to do in majordomo and
that we have numerous majordomo experts on the list who would be happy to
help out.

I know that Steve is a busy man, but would it be possible to implement this
soon?

		- dan
--
Daniel Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
tel:+1-425-519-7968  fax:+1-425-602-6223
http://www.dankohn.com

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:00:34 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Dan,

>>I know that Steve is a busy man, but would it be possible to implement this

Never too busy for the IETF!

I don't recall the request of several months ago, but no matter. We'll
look into how this can be done and will do it. 

Steve

---

From: Steve Coya <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:00:34 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time)

Dan,

Steve

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Dec 1999 10:40:10 -0500

> look into how this can be done and will do it. 

Majordomo already has this facility built in. It just has to be turned
on. Look at the sample list config files to see the variables you need
to set.

Perry

---

From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email-masked]>
Date: 22 Dec 1999 10:40:10 -0500

Perry