Subject: Looking for traces of link failures in WANs

From: Idit Keidar <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:16:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

I am looking for traces or models of the rate of link failures in
WANs. When I say "link failure" this includes a slow link that would
be detected as faulty by a time-out based failure detector (e.g.,
TCP). I am particularly interested in the probability that such link
failures will cause the network to temporarily appear non-transitive,
for example:
* A and B communicate with each other continously, 
* B and C communicate with each other continously,
* B and C temporarily disconnect from each other
  (each one detects to the link to the other as faulty).
Later, B and C reconnect.

Please CC me on the response. Thanks!

Cheers,
	Idit

*--------------------------------------------------------------------*
Idit Keidar                       Phone: (617) 253 9302
MIT Lab for Computer Science      [email-masked]
545 Technology Square, NE43-367   http://theory.lcs.mit.edu/~idish/
Cambridge, MA 02139,  U.S.A.      
*-------------------------------------------------------------------*