Subject: "IETF Approved" IPv6 courses by Charles Alexi

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 03:49:51 -0800

Hi -

  This morning I received a telephone call from Jason Cook
from an organization called ACM.  His organization is attempting
to sign people up for an IETF course in IPv6 taught Dr Charles Alexi,
who apparently is a senior member of the IETF.

  Apparently Mr Cook was told that these courses were sponsored
by the IETF, and that the course material has received some IETF
blessing.

  I guess at least some of this is the broken telephone
effect from sales person to potential customer, but I figured
I would check here.

  Fred et al. (including IESG, IAB), have you given some sort of
overview to or blessing on the courses in Europe by Charles Alexi?
I only ask because Mr Cook did say that some of the people giving
their blessings apparently said, "we would like to see more courses
like this taught in Europe", which in fact does sound like something
some IPv6 proponents _might_ say.

	Sean.