Subject: Anycast details...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 10:08:13 +0100

Hi,

I am currently trying to understand Anycast and i figured out that very liitle
information is available on this subject. Only a few RFCs and drafts.
Are there any concrete experiences on Anycast ?
Thank you.

Regards,
Alexis Jordan.

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:23:52 +0000 (GMT)

> information is available on this subject. Only a few RFCs and drafts.

One paper I'm aware of touching on routing implications of anycast is:

Weijia Jia, Dong Xuan, Wei Zhao, "Integrated Routing Algorithms for
Aycast Messages", IEEE Communications Magazine, January 2000, pp
48-53.

also http://www.cs.tamu.edu/faculty/zhao/cv.html#PUBLICATIONS
has for download:

W. Jia and Wei Zhao, Integrated Routing Algorithms for Anycast
Messages, in Proc. of  IEEE Global Telecommunications Conference
(Globecom), Volume: 3, 1998, pp. 1635-1640.

D. Xuan, W. Jia, and Wei Zhao, Routing Algorithms for Anycast
Messages, in Proc. of International Conference on Parallel Processing,
Aug. 1998, pp. 122-130. 

L.

> Are there any concrete experiences on Anycast ?

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: Lloyd Wood <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 16:23:52 +0000 (GMT)

L.