Subject: RE: Internet SYN Flooding, spoofing attacks

From: "Parkinson, Jonathan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:33:08 -0000

Well he's obviously devoted to this mailing list and hey, perhaps they have
the same problems with the Internet on the other side !

-----Original Message-----
From: Lloyd Wood [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Thursday, February 24, 2000 12:17 PM
To: Jean Paul Sartre
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Internet SYN Flooding, spoofing attacks

On Fri, 25 Feb 2000, Jean Paul Sartre wrote:

> Stephen Kent wrote:
> 
> > I'll suggest one course of action, but I keep emphasizing the issue
> > is not one of alternates, but of recognizing the limitations of
> > proposals now on the table and considering approaches that may work
> > irrespective of whether everyone performs filtering.
> 
> 	I am willing to write a document on the means of packet filtering
and
> how rules should work for different configurations and environments.

You can't, because you died in 1980.

hth,

L.

<[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>

---

From: Brian Lloyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 10:04:30 -0800 (PST)

> the same problems with the Internet on the other side !

Talk about cognitive dissonance, can you imagine the shock felt by an
existentialist to discover that there is life after death?  Most would
become nonfunctional but he is trying to participate in productive
activities.  My hat is off to him.

Brian Lloyd
[email-masked]
+1.530.676.6513

---

From: Jean Paul Sartre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2000 21:04:18 -0300

> the same problems with the Internet on the other side !

	Well, I actually have that problems. Even working as a ghost, I am
making efforts to contribute to this really large network that is the
Internet. :)

> >       I am willing to write a document on the means of packet filtering and

	Actually I was born in 1980.

	Cesar Suga <[email-masked]>