Subject: NATimes announcement

From: Hans-Werner Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 14:29:00 -0800

We are pleased to announce the release of the first issue of our
newsletter of the NLANR measurement and network analysis team: The Network
Analysis Times.  It is available at: http://moat.nlanr.net/NATimes/.

This issue includes brief overviews and the current status of each of the
areas that form the core of our measurement and network analysis research:
passive header trace data and active performance measurements.  Also
presented in this issue are an article on the Cichlid 3-D visualization
system, as well as notes and updates from some of our collaborators on
their research projects.

We plan to use this electronic newsletter to share information about our
research and start dialogues on issues of mutual interest in network
analysis. There are many possibilities for new areas of research that
will build upon our current Network Analysis Infrastructure and give us
more understanding of areas such as Internet workload profiles, service
characteristics and performance, models, metrics, and simulation.

We look forward to receiving feedback from you, and working together to
gain more insight and knowledge into the inner workings of the Internet
and continue to work towards maximizing it as a resource.

If you want to get notification of new issues, please let us know at
[email-masked]. In addition, if you have questions or comments,
or would like to add short articles to future issues of the NATimes,
please discuss it with us at the same address.