Subject: Need Clues: procmail configuration for IETF-Announce

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 12:57:28 +0800

Hello:

For the first time in my life, last weekend I read the fine 
procmail manual. I need some clues on how to configure procmail 
for splitting the IETF-Announce list; especially separating the 
I-D ACTION part. If you have one, would you please send me the 
procmail part of filtering IETF-Announce?

See also:

   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-rfc/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-wg_action/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-wg_review/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-announce/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-document_action/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-protocol_action/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-last_call/
   http://www.egroups.com/group/ietf-i-d_action/

regards,

-- 
- Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim --  VLSM-TJT --  http://rms46.vlsm.org/ -
What've I got to do, when sorry seems to be the hardest word-John81

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:03:54 -0500

> procmail part of filtering IETF-Announce?

I use something like this:

:0 E  :ietf-drafts/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf-announce
*^Subject:.*I-D ACTION:
|rcv  -exmh -nobeep +ietf-drafts

:0 E:ietf-announce/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf-announce
|rcv  -exmh -nobeep +ietf-announce

:0 E:ietf-822/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf-822
|rcv  -exmh -nobeep +ietf-822

:0 E:ietf-smtp/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf-smtp
|rcv  -exmh -nobeep +ietf-smtp

:0 E:ietf/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf
|rcv  -exmh -nobeep +ietf

Note that you need to filter them off in the right order, most
restrictive match first...

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 03:03:54 -0500

:0 E:ietf-822/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf-822

:0 E:ietf-smtp/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf-smtp

:0 E:ietf/$LOCKEXT
*^(To:|cc:).*ietf
|rcv  -exmh -nobeep +ietf

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:27:04 +0800

Valdis Kletnieks wrote:
 
> [...]

Comrades:

thank for all replies that I have received. I still need
clues on how to rewrite the email headers so that errors
do not bounce to unwanted destinations. The split of the 
IETF Announce list prototype is now available at

      http://ittf.vlsm.org/announce.html

It is provided "as is" with no liability.

regards,

-- 
- Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim --  VLSM-TJT --  http://rms46.vlsm.org/ -
Here we are,poised on the precipice of suicide slope-Calvin 20Feb89

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2000 19:27:04 +0800

Comrades:

regards,