Subject: a request for input (formal or otherwise) to the FCC

From: Scott Bradner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 16:26:21 -0500 (EST)

Dave is an old friend of the IETF - he has now undertaken an assignment
at the US Federal Communications Commission and asked me to forward
his invitation to contact him in his new role.

Scott

------------

Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 16:00:29 -0500
From: "David Farber" <[email-masked]>
Subject: IP: Open letter to my internet friends and even non-friends :-)

I have been at the Federal Communications Commission as Chief Technologist
for about a month including several snow storms and a trip or so.

I am focusing my long term contribution on understanding and articulating
the impact of internet technology and practices  on those aspects of the
communications industry that the FCC currently regulates.

Please note I am NOT doing this for any ulterior motives but rather
to  help the staff and  Commissioners understand the issues and to help
them "do no harm"

I welcome your inputs and invite you to email them to me and/or stop by at
the FCC and talk. I hope to get to some of the meetings , like the  IETF,

I would prefer not to discuss areas of active regulatory action 
since the ethics rules that cover such conversations may require 
their disclosure, or prohibit those discussions outright.

Please please take advantage of the opportunity offered by "one of us"
being at the FCC.

Dave

David Farber
Chief Technologist
Federal Communications Commission
202 418 2046