Subject: RE: money

From: "Alexander G. Paoli" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2001 10:39:15 -0700

Hmmmm,

I like all the Mathematical theories on how to figure this out. I have
one, its a protocol:

I suggest you use the Giant Circular Trashcan or (GCT) method for
delivery. I would even go so far as to provide an extension to this
protocol using GCT-TE to enable a pre-engineered path to the
destination. 

Either way, I believe this to be a full proof.

Cheers,

Alexander G. Paoli
[email-masked] 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 30, 2001 7:05 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: money 

On Wed, 30 May 2001 16:09:43 EDT, Betty <[email-masked]>  said:
> Those 100 people mail out 5,000 e-mails each for a total of 500,000
e-mails. 
> The 0.2% response to that is 1000 orders for Report # 3. 
> Those 1000 people send out 5,000 e-mails each for a total of 5 million
e-mails 
> sent out. The 0.2% response to that is 10,000 orders for Report # 4. 
> Those 10,000 people send out 5,000 e-mails each for a total of
50,000,000 
> (50 million) e-mails. The 0.2% response to that is 100,000 orders for
Report 
> # 5 THAT'S 100,000 ORDERS TIMES $5 EACH=$500,000.00 (half million). 
> Your total income in this example is: 1..... $50 + 2..... $500 +
3..... $5,000 + 4 
> .... $50,000 + 5..... $500,000 ........ Grand Total=$555,550.00 
> NUMBERS DO NOT LIE. GET A PENCIL & PAPER AND FIGUREOUT 
> THE WORST POSSIBLE RESPONSES AND NO MATTER HOW YOU 
> CALCULATE IT, YOU WILL STILL MAKE A LOT OF MONEY ! 

OK.. Do I calculate return using an exponential curve or the S-shaped
logistics curve?  It seems that the former is only appropriate if we
assume that people will reply to duplicate postings (since the 10,000
people will certainly NOT choose non-overlapping lists of people).

Of course, the average net.moron will take the fact that he's gotten
4 or 5 copies as proof that it works, not as proof that it can't work.
Also, doing the math for report #6 is.. umm.. painful ;)

/Valdis (who had to find *some* way to put an engineering spin on it)