Subject: FW: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt

From: "Dan Kohn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 18:44:26 -0700

<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt>
says that 

   The grammar element time-second may have the value "60" at the end of
   June (XXXX-06-30T23:59:60Z) or December (XXXX-12-31T23:59:60Z) if
   there is a leap second at that time (see Appendix D for a table of
   leap seconds).  At all other times the maximum value of time-second
   is "59".  

But, <http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/leapsec.html> states that:

The decision to introduce a leap second in UTC is the responsibility of
the International Earth Rotation Service (IERS). According to the CCIR
Recommendation, first preference is given to the opportunities at the
end of December and June, and second preference to those at the end of
March and September. 

Note that there has not yet been a March or September leap second, but
who knows what the future will bring?  Otherwise, the draft looks great.

		- dan
--
Dan Kohn <mailto:[email-masked]>
<http://www.dankohn.com/>  <tel:+1-650-327-2600>

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, 2001-05-11 04:13
To: IETF-Announce:; IETF-Announce:; @loki.ietf.org
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories. This draft is a work item of the Instant Messaging and
Presence Protocol Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Date and Time on the Internet: Timestamps
	Author(s)	: G. Klyne, C. Newman
	Filename	: draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt
	Pages		: 16
	Date		: 10-May-01
	
This document defines a date and time format for use in Internet
protocols that is a profile of the ISO 8601 [ISO8601] standard for
representation of dates and times using the Gregorian calendar.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
	[email-masked].
In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-impp-datetime-01.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail
readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.