Subject: WSES MIV: Official WSES News Letter for MULTIMEDIA, INTERNET, VIDEO, SIGNAL AND IMAGE PROCESSING ROBOTICS, DISTANCE LEARNING, COMMUNICATIONS

From: "WSES MIV: Official News Letter for MULTIMEDIA, INTERNET, VIDEO, SIGNAL AND IMAGE PROCESSING, ROBOTICS, DISTANCE LEARNING, COMMUNICATIONS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2001 05:41:49 +0300

**********************************************************************
Please, do not reply to: [email-masked], but see details
and other useful advice at the end of this message. If you want to
contact us, see the email address inside the context of the newsletter
**********************************************************************

                            ******

CONTENTS: IN THIS ISSUE, READ
1) INVITATION TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF OUR LIST! (see below)
2) HOW TO PROMOTE AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR A NEW FACULTY, POST-DOCTORAL, 
RESEARCH POSITION BY THIS NEWS LETTER (see below)

                           ******

1) INVITATION TO ALL THE MEMBERS OF OUR LIST!
(if you are interested send a message to : [email-masked]

I have the honor to invite each of you to submit an Invited Paper
in the 

* WSES International Conference: SPEECH, SIGNAL AND IMAGE PROCESSING 2001 
(SSIP 2001)
  (technical co-sponsored by IEEE)
* WSES International Conference: MULTIMEDIA, INTERNET, VIDEO TECHNOLOGIES 
2001 (MIV 2001)
  (technical co-sponsored by IEEE)
* WSES International Conference: SIMULATION 2001 (SIM 2001)
  (technical co-sponsored by IEEE)
* WSES International Conference: ROBOTICS, DISTANCE LEARNING AND 
INTELLIGENT COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS 2001
  (RODLICS 2001),  (technical co-sponsored by IEEE)

Malta, September 1-6, 2001
NEW DOLMEN RESORT HOTEL (Luxurious Conference Canter and Casino)
http://www.worldses.org/wses/conferences/malta

These unique four conferences will take place in the exquisit, fascinating 
and historic 
island of MALTA, in September 1-6, 2001 

A prolongation was given, after several requests from WSES and IEEE members 
and volunteers:
DEADLINE FOR PAPER SUBMISSION: JUNE 30, 2001.
NOTIFICATION OF ACCEPTANCE/REJECTION: One month after the submission of 
your paper (maximum) 
(we can inform you the recommendation of the reviewers 30 days after your 
submission!)

Also, if you would like, we could send an official letter to you 
(via regular mail) in order to find possible financial support 
for your trip from your department (as Invited Lecturer)

Also, if you want to organize a Session, -ATTENTION: in this case your name 
will be 
mentioned in the proceedings as Associate Editor-, please, collect and 
review at
least 8-10 papers and then send them to us.

Of course, you could send me now the title of your paper

ALL THE ACCEPTED PAPERS will be published:
1)in the CD-ROM Proceedings (with Search Facilities and Page Numbering)
as well as
2)in the Electrical and Computer Engineering International Reference
Book Series of WSES PRESS as Post-Conference Books (Hard cover, velvet
paper, international circulation).
These will be different International Editions (with different ISBN).
This material will be ready at the opening of the Multiconference and
will be distributed to the participants.

Also SPECIAL ISSUES have been scheduled for the journals : (These
special issues will contain only selected papers, not all the papers)

INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMPUTER RESEARCH (IJCR)
INFORMATICA
INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATIONS AND NETWORKING
NEURAL NETWORKS WORLD

INTERNATIONAL SCIENTIFIC COMMITTEE
(with many IEEE Fellow Members)
Find in the WEB.

TOPICS: See the web

More informations: Send a message to [email-masked]

About MALTA ISLAND ("The Island of Knights")
Malta, a Jewel in the Mediterranean. With it's warm summers and mild
winters, surrounded by blue sea, Malta is indead a beautiful country. It
has a rich history, holding a strategic position in the middle of the
Mediterranean Sea. Malta, the beautiful island of the Knights, is famous
for its sun, sea, and sand. An ideal vacation spot fascinating, not only
for its natural beauty, but also for its archeological treasures. Malta
is the island where the Apostle Paul was shipwrecked off in A.D 60 what
is today known as St. Paul's Bay, place where the conference will be
held. Malta is also well known for its hospitality to visitors. The blue
sea, warm sunshine, and rich archaeological heritage dating back over
seven millennia provide an interesting backdrop to the conference. The
Maltese Archipelago, consisting of Malta, Gozo, Comino and two other
uninhabited islands, is situated almost at the center of the
Mediterranean. Its geographical position has always attracted the
attention of maritime powers, thus giving it a wealth of history out of
proportion to its diminutive size. The first known inhabitants were
Sicilian Neolithic farmers (c. 4000 B.C.). Romans, Greeks (Byzantines),
Arabs, Spanish, Germans, French, English has the island under their
occupation in various periods of History. The epic defense of the
Islands during World War II is well remembered, and it was for this
reason that this small nation was awarded the George Cross. The Islands
achieved independence in 1964 and in 1974 became a Republic within the
British Commonwealth. Modern Malta combines the cosmopolitan character
of a modern island with the picturesque architecture of medieval
buildings and decorative shops.

HERE IS THE STATISTICS FROM the previous WSES Conference
**************************************************
STATISTICS: The previous  Conference was a great
success.
Here is the statistics
from the e-messages that we received.
ORGANIZATION: "Excellent" 92.4%, "Very Good" 0.8%
SCIENTIFIC PART: "Excellent" 95%, "Very Good" 5%,
PROCEEDINGS: "Excellent" 98%, "Very Good" 1%, "Good" 1%
POST-CONFERENCE BOOKS: "Excellent" 100%,
SOCIAL PART: "Excellent" 96.4%, "Very Good" 2.7%
BANQUET: "Excellent" 100%

<Please, if you have a friend interested
in the above topics please,
forward this message>

Regards

K.Papanikolaou 
(on behalf of the Chair of the Organ.Committee)
Contact me at: [email-masked]

2) HOW TO PROMOTE AN ANNOUNCEMENT FOR A NEW FACULTY, POST-DOCTORAL, 
RESEARCH POSITION
   BY THIS NEWS LETTER
(new announcements for new faculty, post-doctoral, research positions 
related to
WSES MIV NEWSLETTER (Multimedia, Internet, Video, Signal and Image 
Processing, 
Robotics, Distance Learning, Communications)
must be sent via our server: http://www.worldses.org
the Subject must be "New Announcement")
THESE NEW FACULTY POST-DOCTORAL, RESEARCH POSITIONS WILL BE SENT TO YOU IN 
THE NEXT E-RELEASE OF 
THIS NEWS LETTER

END------------------------------------------------------------------

This News Letter informs you for New Faculty Positions,
for Conference Announcements, Workshop Announcements, Short Courses
Announcements, Announcements for New Books and Journals
Announcements for Special Issues in Journals, Announcements for Special
Sessions in Conferences, for Post-Doctoral Positions
and other relevant topics.

    HOW TO SUBSCRIBE:
    Forward this News letter to your friends and colleagues encouraging 
them to 
    subscribe via:  http://www.worldses.org (completing a relevant web 
form).

    HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE (1st method)
    To unsubscribe, send us a message to:
    [email-masked]
    INCLUDING your address or addresses from which you received this
    NEWS LETTER! (The address or addresses in the To: of the present 
message). No matter
    from which address you will send the message. Just tell us the address 
that you
    have seen in the To: of our message and we will remove it. Please, send 
it to
    [email-masked]

    HOW TO UNSUBSCRIBE (2nd method)
    You can also unsubscribe visiting
    http://www.worldses.org/wses/unsubscribe.htm
    select WSES MIV NEWSLETTER 
    and follow the instructions
------------------------------------------------------------------