Subject: Re: SOAP/XML Protocol and filtering, etc.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 00:07:23 -0700

Two firewall community lists you might try are..

  [email-masked]  <http://www.nfr.com/firewall-wizards/>

  [email-masked]  <http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/>

There was a short thread on the latter list (around the first of this year) 
along similar lines to your query. The thread was entitled..

  "new" protocols vs. firewalls & firewall adminis{trators|tration} ?

  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200012/msg00786.html
  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200012/msg00789.html
  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200012/msg00792.html

  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200101/msg00071.html
  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200101/msg00080.html
  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200101/msg00072.html
  http://lists.gnac.net/firewalls/mhonarc/firewalls.200101/msg00075.html

JeffH

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2001 12:32:15 -0700

Jeff and Kieth,

Thanks for the comments; any others would be much appreciated. I'd
note that there is also discussion of an e-mail (SMTP, if you like)
binding of SOAP as well, in addition to HTTP. Same issues (though it
doesn't have a SOAPAction-type mechanism yet AFAIK.)

-- 
Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist
Akamai Technologies (San Mateo, CA USA)

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2001 06:32:19 -0500

> doesn't have a SOAPAction-type mechanism yet AFAIK.)

Not mention a BEEP binding, or so I have heard. 
 
     Brian