Subject: since drums is closed...

From: Maurizio Codogno <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 17:00:49 +0200

I hope someone may give me an answer here, even if the topic is
not quite in topic for the list.

I was asked to find some information about the email traffic today
(number of messages per day, how much of the net traffic is email - is
it true that it is still more than web-based traffic?, various oddities)
Does anybody have some pointer?

thanks and ciao, .mau.

---

From: Chip Rosenthal <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 12:00:44 -0500

> not quite in topic for the list.

Don't have an answer to your question, but thought I'd point out
that most of the DRUMS participants have moved over to the ietf-822
mailing list hosted at imc.org.

IIRC [email-masked] should work.

-- 
Chip Rosenthal <[email-masked]>                      http://www.unicom.com/
Protect your mail server against spam.                http://mail-abuse.org/
Junk email is theft.  There ought to be a law.        http://www.cauce.org/
"That's not communication.  That's gargling."  -Geoffrey Nunberg

---

From: Paul Hoffman / IMC <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 14:27:34 -0700

>mailing list hosted at imc.org.

The folks who want to talk about message formats have moved there. 
The folks who want to talk about message transport have moved to 
ietf-smtp. DRUMS was covering two different topics.

>IIRC [email-masked] should work.

Yup, and [email-masked] will get you the companion list.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--Internet Mail Consortium