Subject: RE: LDAP Client API in C with Notification of the end of a reques t

From: "Dawson, Peter D" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 16:18:11 -0000

strtok() can be used to break the string pointed  to  by  s1
into a sequence of tokens, each of which is delimited by one
or more  characters  from  the  string  pointed  to  by  s2.
strtok() considers the string s1 to consist of a sequence of
zero or more text tokens separated by spans of one  or  more
characters  from  the  separator  string s2.  The first call
(with pointer s1 specified) returns a pointer to  the  first
character  of  the first token, and will have written a null
character into s1 immediately following the returned  token.
The  function  keeps  track  of  its  position in the string
between separate calls, so that subsequent calls (which must
be  made  with the first argument being a null pointer) will
work through the string s1 immediately following that token.
In this way subsequent calls will work through the string s1
until no tokens remain.  The separator string s2 may be dif-
ferent  from  call  to call.  When no token remains in s1, a
null pointer is returned.

->-----Original Message-----
->From: Lloyd Wood [mailto:[email-masked]]
->Sent: Friday, May 25, 2001 11:44 AM
->To: George Xu
->Cc: 'James P. Salsman'; [email-masked]
->Subject: RE: LDAP Client API in C with Notification of the end of a
->reques t
->
->
->On Fri, 25 May 2001, George Xu wrote:
->
->> Very interesting statement about strtok().  Do you know 
->which OS or where I
->> can find the material supporting your point here?
->
->type 
->
->man strtok
->
->on a unix box.
->
->L.
->
-><[email-masked]>PGP<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/>
->