Subject: A modest proposal

From: grenville armitage <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 11:39:35 -0700

Here's an experiment:

 - Create a read-only list, "[email-masked]"

 - People send email to [email-masked] as usual

	- If the from: address is a subscriber to [email-masked],
	  majordomo sends it to the members of [email-masked] and
	  [email-masked]

	- If the from: address is NOT a subscriber to [email-masked],
	  majordomo sends it only to the people subscribed
	  to [email-masked]

	- Archive posts that end up on [email-masked]

People who want the complete, unadulterated feed of posts to
[email-masked] can subscribe to [email-masked] and see everying
that is sent to [email-masked]

The rest can (remain) subscribe(d) to [email-masked]

cheers,
gja (who honestly doesn't know enough majordomo to say if this
is a 5 min job, or 5 hours hacking)