Subject: Re: A remarkable achievement !

From: "Robert G. Ferrell" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2001 14:44:04 -0500 (CDT)

>> My extensive research shows there is no IETF standard SNMP MIB for this
>> protocol.  I propose that a Working Group for a CPIP transmission MIB
>> should be convened as soon as a second, interoperable implementation has
>> been documented, if not sooner.

Well, as one of what I suspect is a very small number of formally 
trained ornithologists in the IETF community, I'd be interested in 
seeing further work in this area.  

Balaji Venkat and I submitted a draft entitled "A Method for the 
Transmission of IP Datagrams on Chip-ridden Avian Carriers" 
(still available at http://rgfsparc.cr.usgs.gov/sysadmin/chips_on_avians.txt) 
back in late 1999, but for some strange reason it never made it to RFC 
status.  ;-)

Cheers,

RGF

Robert G. Ferrell
U. S. Dept. of the Interior
[email-masked]
========================================
 Who goeth without humor goeth unarmed.
========================================