Subject: IPv6 and IPsec

From: "Zeber, Steve" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:06:53 -0400

I am looking for either commercial products or open source software that
currently implement support for IPv6 and IPsec.  A preliminary search seems
to indicate that there are a lot of IPv6 implementations and a lot of IPsec
but not very much with IPv6 AND IPsec (for IPv6) together.  The only
implementations I have been able to find are a FreeS/WAN implementation from
IABG in Germany and a  (fairly expensive) COTS product by 6Wind.  I would
appreciate confirmation of my findings or information to the contrary.
Thanks in Advance
_________________________
Steve Zeber
Information Operations
Defence Research Establishment Ottawa (DREO)
3710 Carling Avenue
Ottawa, ON K1A 0Z4
<http://www.dreo.dnd.ca/>
Email: [email-masked]
Voice: (613) 991-1388 / Fax: (613) 993-9940
_________________________

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 11:34:53 -0400

> appreciate confirmation of my findings or information to the contrary.

IBM's AIX 4.3.3 has supported both AH and ESP for IPv6 for quite some
time now (at least since Nov 99 - not sure if 4.3.2 supported it in
Nov 98)

/Valdis (who just admins the stuff)

---

From: "Angelos D. Keromytis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 14:12:57 -0400

In message <[email-masked]>, "Zebe
>appreciate confirmation of my findings or information to the contrary.

KAME natively implements IPv6+IPsec, and that stack is used as-is by NetBSD
and FreeBSD. OpenBSD uses its own IPsec along with the KAME IPv6.
-Angelos