Subject: gatwick - hilton info?

From: Fred Douglis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 17:51:49 -0400

Arriving late Sunday (10pm arrival scheduled) at Gatwick and going from there 
to the Hilton Metropole.  The transportation web page gives lots of hype about 
how convenient the hotel is to just about everything, but precious little 
detail.  Would someone who knows this sort of thing recommend the Gatwick 
Express and then a taxi from Victoria Station?  (I'll have luggage, so the 
underground isn't appealing.)  

Thanks,

Fred Douglis <http://www.research.att.com/~douglis/>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprint: 83 B9 D6 7E 7F 78 8E BB  16 95 DE 69 1A 52 BC 82

---

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:02:14 -0600 (MDT)

> underground isn't appealing.)

Take the Gatwick Express to Victoria Stn. (30 minutes *iff* it's running
on time.) If you're quick about it you should still be able to take the
underground to Paddington (check at Victoria to see if it's still running
when you get there). From Victoria underground, take the Circle Line
westbound to Edgware Road station, which is right across the stret.

--lyndon (who made the trip yesterday)

---

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 04:05:18 -0600 (MDT)

> underground isn't appealing.)

Sorry, I missd the luggage bit. Yes, you'll want to take a taxi from
Victoria.