Subject: "conflicting TLDs"

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 22:49:09 -0500

http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-full/Arc08/msg00123.html
From: Patrick Greenwell <[email-masked]>
On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Kent Crispin wrote:

You are just parroting hype.  The fact is that new.net has conflicting
TLDs already.

>  The simple brute fact is that ICANN and the USG
> had not foreseen the inventive approach employed by new.net

Sorry, once again I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about.
There is nothing at all new in what new.net is doing.

> > In it, New.net does not argue for multiple roots systems,
>
> What they argue really isn't very important -- they are so full of hype
> you can't tell what they are talking about anyway.  What matters is what
> they *do*, and they have *done* is create an alternate root.

Kent,

It is unfortunate that you refuse to discuss the issues rationally and
calmly and instead choose to engage in ad homeim attacks. I can only
hope that over time the folly of such an attitude will become apparent to
you if you desire that people pay attention to what you say and take you
seriously.
------------------------------------------

Patrick,

It might be better to engage people from across the industry in discussions
about DUAL Registry TLDs.

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/ietf/Current/msg12574.html
RFC-2001-07-01-000 IPv8 Expansion of Proof of Concept TLD Development

The ICANN people may not be the best people to debate, because they seem
to be wrapped up with raffles, lotteries, and other diversions. Making new
TLDs
work does not seem to be their priority. Despite that, I am confident .BIZ
will
continue to make progress as a DUAL Registry, with IPv16 servers by 2002.

In my opinion, it would be nice if people reached a consensus on whether
.SHOP will be a DUAL Registry. It seems to me that a DUAL Registry makes
a TLD more desirable because it is backed by more than one company at the
Registry level. Redundancy with computers is good, it provides stability.

Jim Fleming
Why gamble with a .BIZ Lottery? Start a real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
http://www.BIZ.Registry
0:212 - BIZ World