Subject: Support for Internet Protocol ("IP")-based technologies continues to be a strategic factor

From: "Jim Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 19:25:33 -0500

http://www.itu.int/infocom/ip/2001/ip-itu-2001.htm

"Support for Internet Protocol ("IP")-based technologies continues to be a
strategic factor in the design, development and use of telecommunication
networks. This has had a significant effect on the focus of ITU's technical
and policy activities in telecommunication standardization,
radiocommunication and development. The result is continued expansion in the
scope of ITU's IP-related activities since the adoption of Resolution 101
(Minneapolis, 1998) and the activities reported previously to Council in,
inter alia, documents C99/51, C00/27 and C00/27A."

-------

When one talks about "production services", I assume they are at a minimum
talking about IPv16-Compliant equipment. (i.e. Carrier-Grade, NEBS,
24", -48vDC,Fault-Tolerant LANs,1000/100/10 Ethernets)
http://www.dot-biz.com/IPv16/

Jim Fleming
Why gamble with a .BIZ Lottery? Start a real .BIZ Today !
http://www.DOT-BIZ.com
http://www.BIZ.Registry
0:212 - BIZ World