Subject: re: gatwick - hilton info?

From: Fred Douglis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 10:16:53 -0400

Since my mail to the list, I received quite a few private responses basically
confirming that the train to the taxi is reasonable (or taxi from the airport
at greater cost -- I may do this given the late arrival time, and a comment
from one person about how even the train isn't that conducive to luggage).   I
see there was eventually one public response as well -- Thanks, Lyndon.  

I'm spamming the ietf list simply to say thanks to the many people who 
responded and to summarize the info for anyone else wondering the same thing.  
Otherwise, I'll keep getting many more replies, for which I'm appreciative, 
but which are now in the diminishing returns category :)

Fred Douglis <http://www.research.att.com/~douglis/>
-----------------------------------------------------------------
PGP Fingerprint: 83 B9 D6 7E 7F 78 8E BB  16 95 DE 69 1A 52 BC 82

---

From: Michael Mealling <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 11:44:56 -0400

> see there was eventually one public response as well -- Thanks, Lyndon.  

Does anyone have an estimate of the cost of the taxi from the airport
to the hotel?

-MM

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Michael Mealling	|      Vote Libertarian!       | urn:pin:1
[email-masked]      |                              | http://www.neonym.net

    Democracy gives an aura of legitimacy to acts that 
    would otherwise be deemed tyranny.
					 -- Walter Williams

---

From: Giles Heron <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 17:26:15 +0100

> Does anyone have an estimate of the cost of the taxi from the airport

probably about 50 quid?

wouldn't do it if I were you in any case.  It will probably take longer
than taking a train and getting a cab from Victoria.  South London is
hardly traffic-free, and going round the M25 doesn't bear thinking
about...

Giles

-- 
=================================================================
Giles Heron    Principal Network Architect    PacketExchange Ltd.
ph: +44 7880 506185              "if you build it they will yawn"
=================================================================