Subject: Broken mail systems.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 21:30:31 -0400

Whereas:  The Internet standards state that automatically generated
error messages should be directed at the SMTP MAIL FROM: address,
which is often locatable in the Return-Path: header.

Whereas: Certain software vendors fail to respect said standards, resulting
in their software annoying thousands of subscribers on mailing lists.

Whereas: The standards have only been the standards since '56k' meant
a very high speed backbone link, so it should hardly be a surprise.

Therefor, let it be resolved:

That users of said software be summarily removed from the IETF mailing
lst, and be sent a "Your clue must be -----> THIS <----- tall to ride
the Internet" notice.

They call it a "talent pool".  Too bad it varies between a children's
wading pool and a wet towel on the floor.

/Valdis

---

From: "Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 09:44:33 +0700

I am just wondering, on how to utilize these following I-Ds:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msgtrk-smtpext-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msgtrk-mtqp-02.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msgtrk-model-03.txt

-- 
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
-- Enemy at the Bill Gates --- http://www.id.debian.org --

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 00:26:47 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-msgtrk-model-03.txt

Option 1: Write some code. ;)

Option 2: Wait for the authors to write code. ;)

Option 3: Wait for somebody else to write code. ;)

/Valdis