Subject: RE: [isdf] RE: Palladium (TCP/MS)

From: Franck Martin <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 11:31:24 +1200

This is called PGP and S/MIME. Both are valid IETF RFC.

From an industry point of view, S/MIME seems to be the one that will survive
in the long run, because it is implemented in nearly all mail clients and
follows the certificates used in SSL/TLS which is widely adopted (IPSec to
name only one).

However, none of them is widely implemented for e-mail purposes because of
problems to build a global PKI (in short). I still haven't found a company
that will give/sell me a certificate that allows me to sign my
organisational e-mails certificates. ISOC is working on it...

Cheers.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Gary Lawrence Murphy [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Friday, 25 October 2002 11:19 
> To: Franck Martin
> Cc: 'TOMSON ERIC'; [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
> Subject: Re: [isdf] RE: Palladium (TCP/MS)

> Isn't that PGP?

---

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 17:34:49 +0200 (CEST)

Don't forget  that the  web-of-trust of OpenPGP  is really  a citizen
 approach and you don't have to rely on a specific entity. ISOC should
 organize more keysigning party ;-) (ok some at IETF)

 adulau

On Fri, 25 Oct 2002, Franck Martin wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Isdf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> http://www.isoc.org/mailman/listinfo/isdf
>
>
>

-- 
--			      Alexandre Dulaunoy -- http://www.foo.be/
--         http://pgp.ael.be:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x44E6CBCD
"People who fight may lose.People who do not fight have already lost."
							Bertolt Brecht