Subject: IETF

From: "Bill Cunningham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:00:37 -0400

Linus,
    I curious as to whether or not you're a member of the IETF or any
Internet Society groups. There's a new open protocols movement that Richard
Stallman supports. Are you active in furthering the Internet as well as open
source?

---

From: Donald Eastlake 3rd <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 09:07:10 -0400 (EDT)

There is no defined "membership" in the IETF.

Donald

On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, Bill Cunningham wrote:

> Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:00:37 -0400
> From: Bill Cunningham <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: IETF
> 
> Linus,
======================================================================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd                       [email-masked]
 155 Beaver Street              +1-508-634-2066(h) +1-508-851-8280(w)
 Milford, MA 01757 USA                   [email-masked]

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 15:22:23 -0400

> Stallman supports. Are you active in furthering the Internet as well as open

(1) You sent this exact message before.  (2) There is no reason in the
world why the IETF list should have to see it.  If you have a question
for an individual, send it to the individual.  

A couple more like this and you'll be banned from the IETF list.