Subject: latex & internet-drafts & text output

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 13:36:27 +0200

Hi,

Can someone point me to instructions on how to use latex for the
production of internet drafts, including the .txt versions? I know
several folks who are doing this but none of the folks I know personally
can tell me what software versions, which tools, which settings, and
which style and other files they are using.

I have tried to Ralph Drom's rfc.tex and txt.tex and some version
of dvi2tty and the output isn't right; lines are too long and
there are empty lines in between. I also run into problems
in tex.sty on the @getfont directive which doesn't seem to work
on my Linux-redhat-default-installed latex system.

Jari

P.S. I'd be using XML but I happen to be editing something which
is already in LaTex.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:56:48 -0500

We have been using LaTeX for some of the SIP and RTP specs, together 
with a Tcl program that converts LaTeX to nroff (ms macros). The set of 
scripts requires a bit of expertise to set up, so I've made them 
available by request only.

Jari Arkko wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> This message was passed through [email-masked], 
> which is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed. 
> Decisions on what to pass are made solely by Raffaele D'Albenzio.

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 07:56:48 -0500