Subject: Re: new.net (was: Root Server DDoS Attack: What The Media Did Not Tell You)

From: Marc Schneiders <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 23:20:04 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 29 Nov 2002, at 17:13 [=GMT-0500], Keith Moore wrote:

> > If when .com breaks, the other TLDs still work...
> > then, isn't that a good reason to have more TLDs?
>
> it's a good reason to not put all of your eggs in one basket.
>
> also by limiting the size of the root we make it somewhat easier
> to verify that the root is working correctly.

So this means not millions of TLDs. I agree with that. Not even
thousands, I would say. Not everyone who now has a .com needs a . That
would flatten the namespace, already flattened to the second level,
completely. First target: twice as many as now. And these 300 or so
will also include a lot that will be small like so many ccTLDs now
are.

-- 
[05] Round the clock here on the internet.
http://logoff.org/