Subject: ISOC meeting

From: "Bill Cunningham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 02:06:43 -0500

I received a mailing yesterday that was an invitation to Internet Society
members to the meeting that will be coming up in California. One thing on
the agenda is going to be discussions concerning spam and mail protocol
encapsulations to thwart it. Is this an idea I haven't heard anything that
has come from the IETF? Or is ISOC going to another source other than IETF
through the IAB ?

---

From: James M Galvin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 08:47:13 -0500 (EST)

Bill,

Did the message you received come from ISOC or from one of ISOC's
California Chapters?  I suspect the latter and I suspect the meeting is
just a discussion among people of a common problem.

Regardless, ISOC would not "go around" the IETF.

Jim Galvin
ISOC VP Chapters

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002, Bill Cunningham wrote:

    Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 02:06:43 -0500
    From: Bill Cunningham <[email-masked]>
    To: [email-masked]
    Subject: ISOC meeting

---

From: Stephen Wolff <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 09:34:58 -0500

Perhaps he's referring to NDSS which is in San Diego in early February? 
  -s

>     has come from the IETF? Or is ISOC going to another source other 
stephen wolff                                                           
    202.362.7110 (v)
academic research and technology initiatives    202.362.7224 (f)
cisco systems                                                           
   202.427.6752 (m)

---

From: "Bill Cunningham" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Dec 2002 11:19:55 -0500

That's it. The meeting will be in San Diego.