Subject: replacing NAPT

From: S Woodside <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:53:59 -0400

On Friday, June 20, 2003, at 02:48  PM, Daniel Senie wrote:

> At 02:16 PM 6/20/2003, you wrote:
>
>> A lot of these people would like to be voice users, which you grouped 
>> as NAPT Avoiders. They might use v6, if there were a dead-easy box 
>> that would make it work with v6, and the voice apps upgraded to v6, 
>> and the OS supports v6.
>
> They might go pay for vonage, which works fine with NAPT, and be 
> really happy. There are service vendors who are working with the 
> assumption that NAPT is pervasive. They'll win, while those who don't 
> take NAPT into account will have trouble. So while you say above a lot 
> of these folks using NAPT would like to be voice users, the reality is 
> they can.

But they have to pay for it. If you can sell them a $50 magic box that 
lets them use VoIP and NOT pay any monthly fees to Vonage, they will 
buy it.

simon