Subject: Last warning: Please turn down the volume

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 14:09:27 +0200

Anthony:
On Thursday, May 29, I sent you the following message:

> Over the last 3 days, you two have together contributed 88 messages to
> the IETF discussion list - an average of more than one message per hour,
> round the clock, just for the two of you.
>
> All of these seem to concern a topic that has been discussed many times
> on the IETF list before, with no apparent beneficial result, and for
> which there are other fora that welcome discussoin on the topic.
>
> Other participants have asked you to take the discussion elsewhere; even
> if the discussion were to remain on the list, your aggregated posting
> volume is well beyond the bounds of polite behaviour.
>
> Please desist.
>

Since then, you have contributed approximately 40 more messages to the 
list, or around 8 messages per day, contributing more than a sixth of the 
total list traffic in that interval.

This is the final (and public) warning.
Stop shouting.

                       Harald Alvestrand

---

From: "Anthony Atkielski" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 15:38:15 +0200

Harald writes:

> Since then, you have contributed approximately 40
> more messages to the list, or around 8 messages per
> day, contributing more than a sixth of the

So?

Try this:  Count all the personal attacks and irrelevant posts on this list
in the last 30 days, and rank participants by those.  I think you may be
surprised at the results.

> This is the final (and public) warning.

Actually, looking at your previous post, which was little more than a
child's sandbox tirade against two other people on the list, I found it to
be a superlative example of the pot calling the kettle black--and it did
make me smile for that reason.  It also further reinforced my impression
that this list is a waste of time, because of the many kiddies who just
cannot refrain from bickering, whining, censoring, and attacking each other,
just as they seem to do on practically every other list, forum, and
newsgroup on the Net.  And when I see moderators jumping into the fray like
overzealous and woefully underqualified kindergarten teachers, I pretty much
am tempted to write the whole list off.

So do what you want.  I'm not profiting from this list, and it's pretty
clear that a lot of people here aren't grown up enough to profit from my own
contributions, so it makes no difference to me.

Incidentally, with lists like this so disproportionately populated by angry
young boys and their mental equivalents, it's easy to see why spammers are
doing so well.  I wonder sometimes why I waste my breath; but I suppose I'm
an incurable optimist at heart.