Subject: UWB - Ultra Wide Band - still experimental

From: Joe Baptista <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:51:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Folk:

I'm investigating Ultra Wide Band and TCP/IP applications.

Anyone here heard of UWB - ultra wide band.  A technology which looks to
have alot of potential to support TCP/IP protocols.  Unfortunately so far
all i have found are a few research papers - some news hype - and your FCC
regulations in the making but not much in the area of working networks
using UWB nor equipment.

Can anyone give me some pointers on equipment available, and pretty well
anything else which might be helpful from a tcp/ip point of view .. etc.
etc.

thanks
joe

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 11:43:34 -0400 (EDT)
From: Joe Baptista <[email-masked]>
To: Robert Ross
Subject: ultra wide band - still experimental

from what i have seen any commerical application is mainly experimental -
still.  I checked the ietf www.ietf.org for transmission or protocol
standards and there are non listed in the RFC directories.

the only standard so far in development relates to packet transmission
over uwb.  the potential is enormous but also the FCC is trying to
regulate UWB.  without a detailed review of the FCC regulations all i can
say is they look rushed - based on my initial examination yesturday.

i'm on a wifi email list i'll ask their opinions and see if i can get some
better focus on it.

regards
joe

Joe Baptista - only at www.baptista.god

  Free Tibet http://free.tibet/