Subject: discussion redirect

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 09:45:07 -0500

[I sent this yesterday but the message appears to have gotten lost. Sorry
for the duplicate if both of them eventually show up.]

I've setup a temporary mailing list to handle discussion of an alternate
mail transfer system, which I expect will get replaced by a real list
eventually, assuming that interest continues to progress. To subscribe to
that list, send an email message to [email-masked]

I've also put together a basic outline proposal that shows what I'd like
to see in such a service. http://www.ehsco.com/misc/mt2/ has that proposal
(if it doesn't display right, you can download the original powerpoint
slides from http://www.ehsco.com/misc/mt2/MT2-00.ppt). I know that Keith
was scratching some ideas together for reusing SMTP and I'll post that if
he wants. Anybody that has any other proposals, let me know and I'll post
those too. We can discuss any or all of those on the mailing list. We
should probably move out of here anyway, before we get evicted.

Thanks

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                        http://www.ehsco.com/
Internet Core Protocols          http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/coreprot/