Subject: Implementing IPsec and SSL MIBS? How....

From: "Brookes, Stuart P" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:39:49 +0100

Hi,

I am new to SNMP/MIBs, so am trying to keep my head above water at the
moment.

I would like to implement three simple MIB objects to monitor the following;

SSL enabled/disabled (read only MIB object)
SSL port number (read only)
IPsec enabled/disabled (read only)

There does not appear to be any RFCs for either SSL (Secure Socket Layer) or
IPsec, only draft documents.  

I have found a high level IPsec Flow Monitoring MIB draft document.  I can't
find any sort of 'IPsec enabled/disabled' MIB object? Similarly, would we be
required to implement all the mandatory MIB objects or not?

With regards to SSL, I have looked at the draft document for this but it I
am struggling to understand the descriptions of the MIB objects, as they
don't seem to be laid out as they are in RFCs...  Also, I am specifically
after SSL and not TLS.

If anybody can help I'd be much obliged?

Regards
Stuart