Subject: Re: AdminRest: IASA BCP: do we need dedicated IASA (bank) accounts

From: [email-masked] (scott bradner)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:41:14 -0500 (EST)

Bert asks:
  - should we (IETF) indeed have/request an IASA specific bank account
    for collecting meeting fees?

  - should we (IETF) indeed have/request an IASA specific bank account
    for depositing designated monetary donations?

  - should we (IETF) indeed have/request an IASA specific bank account
    for depositing ISOC controbutions to the IASA (as budgeted)?

  - if yes to previosu question, should we (IETF) be so prescriptive
    in sect 5.3 about when ISOC puts money in an IASA (bank) account
    (e.g. quarterly and in equal portions) ?

  - should we (IETF) request/require that the reserve fund is kept
    in an IASA specific bank account.

as I just posted in response to a different posting from Bert
I think these are not the right questions - that these questions are
being asked is a symptom to me that the document (and maybe the IETF)
is not yet clear on the principals we want to have agreed to for
going forward - I think the whle question of a bank account
is an implementation detail that the people "on the ground" (IAD
etc) should figure out - the IETF should figure out what are
we trying to accomplish and describe that clearly

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf