Subject: IETF hotels charging the deposits and not reimbursing?

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 18:15:03 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

(Sorry to distract you from the lovely IPv6 deploment discussion...)

At IETF60, the Sheraton hotels charged me both for the deposit of one 
day, and for all days I stayed there.

Now at IETF61, I noticed that the Hilton has also charged me for the 
deposit (one day), but did not take that into the account, but at the 
hotel charged me for the full rate for all the days as well.

At prior IETFs, I've never had a problem with this.

Well, VISA can deal with these problems, but I was wondering whether 
anyone else has also started seeing similar behaviour?

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 11:38:21 -0500

> hotel charged me for the full rate for all the days as well.

I didn't have this problem.

---

From: Ken Raeburn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 13:21:42 -0500

> I didn't have this problem.

Nor did I.  The credit from the deposit was the first item on my hotel 
bill when I checked out.

Ken