Subject: Metro to the hotel, maybe not...

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2004 20:39:36 +0100

FYI: the metro stop for the IETF hotel is Dupont Circle on the
Red Line. But there was a crash one station north a couple
of days ago, and service is not yet back to normal.

http://www.newschannel8.net/news/stories/1104/185429.html

     Brian

P.S. for those crossing the Atlantic, keep an eye out on the
right hand side of the aircraft:
http://www.norvol.hi.is/index.html

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 18:43:34 -0800

>of days ago, and service is not yet back to normal.

Hmmm. I had no problem about an hour ago coming from the National 
Airport via the Metro. They said over the PA they were going to shut 
down a segment over the weekend but shuttle-bus people around the 
shut-down part.

Slightly related, be aware that the hotel is about four long blocks 
from the Metro, some up a hill. Not that difficult, but not "at" 
Dupont Circle.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

---

From: Bill Sommerfeld <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 2004 07:03:55 -0500

> down a segment over the weekend but shuttle-bus people around the 

If we can believe their web site:

The shutdown appears to be scheduled work unrelated to the crash and is
unlikely to interfere with getting to the hotel from either the airport
or Union Station; the red line is operating at reduced capacity (running
longer trains less frequently; reduced down to a single track in the
area of the accident) but sounds like someone from out of town wouldn't
notice the difference...

http://www.wmata.com/about/met_news/story.cfm?ID=75&table=hp_news

---

From: Melinda Shore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 2004 07:43:31 -0500

> from the Metro, some up a hill. Not that difficult, but not "at" 

For those interested in a distance/effort tradeoff, if you go to
the next stop beyond Dupont Circle, Woodley Park, it's a longer
walk but it's all downhill.  I'd guess it's still less than a mile.

Melinda