Subject: Alexander Calder and Joan Miróin walking distance from IETF 61

From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:11:00 -0500

If you feel like a seeing an art museum but don't want to go to one 
of the bigger, better-known museums in DC, consider the Phillips 
Collection, which happens to be about four blocks from the Hilton. 
They have a fairly nice permanent collection of modern American art, 
and the current special exhibition is a joint show for Alexander 
Calder and Joan Miró. 
<http://www.phillipscollection.org/html/exhibits.html>

Admission for the special exhibition is pricey ($13), but if you are 
a fan of either Calder or Miró, it is probably quite worth it. 
(Admission to the general collection is free during the week.)

I have loved Calder since I was a child, and this collection has some 
really playful pieces from the 30's and 40's. The rooms are arranged 
in similar themes shared by Calder and Miró (who were life-long 
friends), so there is a nice balance between sculpture and paintings. 
This is the best Calder exhibit I have seen.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf