Subject: Re: How the IPnG effort was started

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 20:09:53 -0500 (EST)

> From: grenville armitage <[email-masked]>

    >> The IETF needs to seriously face the reality of the network that's
    >> really out there, not the network some of us wish were there.

    > I know B-ISDN types said the same 

Funny thing you should mention B-ISDN.

Another group of people who thought that because a major standards
organization wrote specs, and a whole bunch of manufacturers poured a ton
of money into building the gear, it would necessarily take over the world.

	Noel

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked] (Kai Henningsen)
Date: 20 Nov 2004 14:00:00 +0200

> of money into building the gear, it would necessarily take over the world.

I don't know about the world, but it's certainly taken over the nation.

Everytime someone comes up and says "but just look at how ISDN failed", I  
go "Huh?! That's a strange way of spelling "was wildly successful"!

Just because *you* still use stone-age technology ...

MfG Kai