Subject: WebDAV server for sharing WG presentations

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:41:09 -0800

I've previously announced the availability of this server to WG Chairs, 
now to announce it more widely:

http://ietf.webdav.org

There are already a few WG directories on this server such as

http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav
http://ietf.webdav.org/enum

If you have presentation material or meeting notes to share with other 
IETF participants, ask me for an account (tell me what userid you would 
prefer and what WG you participate in).  I am also happy to create 
top-level directories for each working group if a chair makes that 
request of me.

I also use this server to coordinate edits to my documents with 
co-authors, granting each of them permission to write the document and 
making it world-readable.  If you do this I recommend to turn on 
versioning on a resource, then comparing versions becomes possible.  I 
have signed up for email notification when one of my co-authors changes 
the document, too.

There are many other uses for the server, it's a general file-sharing 
or simple content-management server, supporting WebDAV -- so you can 
synchronize content locally using a tool like 'sitecopy' or browse 
using the Windows or Mac OS/X native WebDAV client software.  The 
server is hosted by UCSC, software donated by Xythos, and hardware 
purchased by myself.

Lisa

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf