Subject: Re: RFID mailing list announcement

From: Daniel Park <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 17:39:12 +0000 (GMT)

In 61st IETF meeting, a new BOF as IPv6 over 802.15.4 (ZigBee)
was

held and many guys were of interest. I am wondering of what explicit

issues are available arounding RFID against previous work.

Please let me know it if I am missing anything.

------- Original Message -------
Sender : Scott Barvick<[email-masked]>
Date : Nov 16, 2004 02:19
Title : RFID mailing list announcement

I'm writing to announce the opening of the [email-masked] mailing

list as the next step towards the formation of an IETF Working Group

that would develop open standards for scalable, multi(air)-protocol

Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) reader control and data

acquisition operations.

This effort is in the exploratory phase of the IETF Working Group

formation process.  This means that we now seek to determine the level

of interest in such an activity from the IETF community and the industry

at large.  If there continues to be such interest, an IETF Working Group

would be chartered and we would execute the Working Group charter

goals.

The mailing list has been established to provide the primary discussion

forum for this effort, and you are invited to join.  For more

information on the mailing list and for subscribing, see:

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

We expect to kick off the mailing list with a proposed Working Group

charter and initial Internet-Draft during the week of November 15.

Sincerely,

Scott Barvick

Reva Systems Corporation

(978) 244-0010 x204

_______________________________________________

Ietf mailing list

[email-masked]

https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

Regards

Daniel (Soohong Daniel Park)

Mobile Platform Laboratory. SAMSUNG Electronics

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Scott Barvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 13:47:39 -0500

Daniel,

I wasn't at the BoF so if I understand your question correctly, ZigBee
and RFID are very different solutions for very different applications -
remote monitoring, control, sensory applications vs. automatic
identification (at the highest level). As such, the standardization
around the access and control requirements for RFID networks will be
different.  These will be good topics to discuss on the mailing list now
that it is up.

Scott

On Mon, 2004-11-15 at 12:39, Daniel Park wrote:
> In 61st IETF meeting, a new BOF as IPv6 over 802.15.4 (ZigBee) was 
>