Subject: RFID mailing list announcement

From: Scott Barvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 12:19:49 -0500

I'm writing to announce the opening of the [email-masked] mailing
list as the next step towards the formation of an IETF Working Group
that would develop open standards for scalable, multi(air)-protocol
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) reader control and data
acquisition operations.  

This effort is in the exploratory phase of the IETF Working Group
formation process.  This means that we now seek to determine the level
of interest in such an activity from the IETF community and the industry
at large.  If there continues to be such interest, an IETF Working Group
would be chartered and we would execute the Working Group charter
goals.  

The mailing list has been established to provide the primary discussion
forum for this effort, and you are invited to join.  For more
information on the mailing list and for subscribing, see:
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/rfid

We expect to kick off the mailing list with a proposed Working Group
charter and initial Internet-Draft during the week of November 15.  

Sincerely,

Scott Barvick
Reva Systems Corporation
(978) 244-0010 x204

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf