Subject: IETF61 - U.S. Capitol tour for Thursday cancelled

From: Gene Gaines <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 02:32:54 -0500

I regret to say the tour of the U.S. Capitol scheduled for
Thursday morning, Nov. 11 is CANCELLED.

I have been able to add a second tour for Friday morning.
Those scheduled for the Thursday tour will have first priority
for the Friday morning tour.

Sorry for such short notice. The congressional office that was
to assist me with the Thursday tour (even though Thursday is a
U.S. federal holiday) informed me this afternoon that they have
decided to close totally that day. This is a slow time in the
Capitol, congress in recess. I must have a congressional staff
member with me in order to take a VIP tour group into the
Capitol building.

Two alternatives if you wish to tour the Capitol:

1. Join the expanded Friday morning IETF61 tour.  We will meet
   at 8:30 a.m. at the IETF61 registration desk in the hotel,
   taxi to a congressman's office and enter the Capitol without
   waiting. Email me so I can reserve a place for you. One
   Friday morning tour will be going to Senator Patrick Leahy's
   office, the second tour to Rep. Robert Goodlatte's office.
   Co-chairs of the Congressional Internet Caucus.

2. Go to the U.S. Capitol and take the public tour.  This can
   be done any day (including this Thursday) except Sunday. Will
   involve standing in line, probably for several hours. The
   Capitol opens for public tours at 9:00 a.m., and tour tickets
   are given out for the day on a first-come first-served basis.
   This week, if you are in line early, say by 8:15 a.m., you
   should be able to get tickets for a tour that enters
   the Capitol between 9:00 and 10:00. If you join the line as
   late as 1:00 p.m. you should be able to get tickets for that
   day, but no certainty, and the tickets may be for any time
   that afternoon. There is no charge for tickets, and every
   person desiring a ticket must wait in line; one person cannot
   obtain tickets for a family or group.

Sorry for the last-minute change.

Gene Gaines
[email-masked]
Sterling, Virginia
+1 703-433-2081

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf