Subject: IETF Training Sessions

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:03:08 -0500

Hi All,

As usual, we will be offering a number of training sessions on Sunday 
afternoon of the upcoming IETF meeting.  These sessions are open to 
all IETF attendees.

At IETF 61, we will be holding the following training sessions:

Sunday, November 7, 2004
=====================

1300-1400  Newcomer's Training -- Room TBD (Scott Bradner)

            An introduction to the IETF for new or recent IETF
            attendees.  Covers the IETF document processes, the
            structure of the IETF, and tips for new attendees to
            be successful in the IETF environment.

1300-1500  Editor's Training -- Room TBD  (Paul Hoffman)

            Training for current or aspiring IETF document
            editors.  Covers the roles and responsibilities
            of a document editor, and includes advice on
            producing a high-quality IETF specification.

1500-1700  Intro WG Chairs Training -- Room TBD  (Spencer Dawkins)

            Introductory training for new or aspiring WG
            chairs.  Covers the role and responsibilities of
            a WG chair, and includes advice on how to run a
            WG that is fair, open and productive.  This class
            is open to all IETF attendees.

1500-1700  Security Tutorial -- Room TBD  (Radia Perlman)

            All IETF attendees need to be aware of the security
            implications of our design choices.  This session
            offers a basic primer in protocol security, as well
            as advice on how to write the Security Considerations
            sections required for all IETF documents.

Please check the final agenda for room assignments.

If you have any comments or suggestions regarding these EDU Team 
sessions, please send them to the EDU Team discussion list -- 
[email-masked].

Hope to see you all in D.C.!

Margaret

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf