Subject: RE: IASA BCP Section 5.3

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 16:39:13 +0100

Brian, nobody followed up on this remark of yours yet:

> OTOH if ISOC received an unexpected donation for IETF purposes, that
> should be transferred promptly - does this need to be stated 
> somewhere?
> 

I would assume, that if such a donations was indeed "for IETF purposes"
that it would then be "earmarked" as such or be a "designated donation",
and so section 5.2 covers that case and moves it directly into the IASA
(bank) account.

Is that suffiecient, or are you looking for other/more text?

Bert

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked] (scott bradner)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 13:45:31 -0500 (EST)

bert goes on to ask

> Is that suffiecient, or are you looking for other/more text?

see previous posting re a bank account

it seems to eb that the concept of a "designated donation" and
earmarking it for the IETF (only) should be enough

Scott

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:54:05 +0100

> earmarking it for the IETF (only) should be enough

For me the key word is "promptly" whether the credit is to an internal
ISOC account or to a real bank account, which is a separate issue.
My point is to ensure that it's IASA's cash flow that benefits.

    Brian