Subject: Re: No change needed? #723 - Outsourcing as a principle

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 07:31:31 -0500 (EST)

Harald concludes:
> I believe that these are valid reasons to keep the mention of the 
> outsourcing principle in section 3, so I suggest we close #723 with "no 
> changes needed".

I agree

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:19:49 -0500 (EST)

I like John's formulation & reason

        In principle, IETF administrative functions should be
        outsourced. Decisions to perform specific functions
        "in-house" should be explicitly justified by the IAOC
        and restricted to the minimum staff required, with these
        decisions and staffing reviewed by the IAOC on a regular
        basis and against a "zero base" assumption.

Scott