Subject: BCP-02: Requirements for Outsourced Activities

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 08:02:36 -0800 (PST)

Section 3

"The IAOC is accountable for the structure of the IASA and thus decides
which functions are to be outsourced. All outsourcing must be via
well-defined contracts or equivalent instruments. If any functions are
performed in-house, they must be clearly specified and documented with
well-defined deliverables, service level agreements, and transparent
accounting for the cost of such functions."

Wouldn't the requirements for functions to be "clearly specified and
documented with well-defined deliverables, service level agreements and
transparent accounting for the cost of such functions" apply to outsourced
activities as well?

Suggest this be rewritten to:

"The IAOC is accountable for the structure of the IASA and thus decides
which functions are to be outsourced. All outsourcing must be via
well-defined contracts or equivalent instruments.  Both outsourced and
in-house functions must be clearly specified and documented with
well-defined deliverables, service level agreements, and transparent
accounting for the cost of such functions."

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2004 17:38:06 +0100

> accounting for the cost of such functions."

I think this is overkill. It is up to the IAD/IAOC to decide how to 
account for costs of outsourced contracts, so I would put a period 
after "service level agreements".

- - kurtis -