Subject: Re: Draft version of the IAD job announcement from the IASA TT

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 17:23:39 -0500 (EST)

jck sed:
> Personally, I think I'd be happier with a 
> professionally-conducted search, but YMMD (and probably does). 

I agree (fwiw)
I suggested directly to the IASA TT but did not get a positive respose so
I'll suggest here - I'd sure like to have a professional in the field
of looking for people of this type at least take a look at the 
job description (which struck me, maybe not as strongly as it did jck,
not up to professional grade).

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Joel M. Halpern" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:36:59 -0500

I have no objection to having a professional look over the job 
description.  That is probably a good idea.

A full professional search is in my opinion not warranted or useful.  I 
have worked with a number of executive search firms on senior level 
searches.  They are very useful if what you want is already in their 
portfolio.  The further it is from their norm, the less return you get on 
the very high investment.

Note: this is a general comment.  There are individuals in the search 
profession who are very good and add value worth their cost.  But they are 
few and far between.

Yours,
Joel M. Halpern

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 2004 18:54:10 -0500

I also agree.

If we are looking for an executive-level person capable of serving as 
top-level management for a multi-million dollar activity, I think 
that a professional executive search would be worthwhile.

Margaret