Subject: Consensus? #718 Transparency - reports on decisions

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:32:51 +0100

Margaret said:

> Should all of the official IAOC decisions be announced publicly?
> And/or do we expect a regular (monthly?) report on IAOC activities?

A thread ensued (see tracker), and Brian made a more specific suggestion 
for change:

> perhaps what is really needed here is the statement that
> decisions should be minuted, and the minutes
> should be published regularly.

I suggest resolving this by adding the following text to section 3.4 "IAOC 
decision making", after the first paragraph:

  All IAOC decisions are minuted. Minutes are published regularly.

OK?

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:40:42 +0100

note - this also resolves issue #714, which was about whether the IAOC 
published minutes.

--On 22. desember 2004 14:32 +0100 Harald Tveit Alvestrand 
<[email-masked]> wrote:

> I suggest resolving this by adding the following text to section 3.4
> "IAOC decision making", after the first paragraph:
>

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 2004 13:27:09 -0500

>>>>> "Harald" == Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]> writes:

    Harald> I suggest resolving this by adding the following text to
    Harald> section 3.4 "IAOC decision making", after the first
    Harald> paragraph:

    Harald>   All IAOC decisions are minuted. Minutes are published
    Harald> regularly.
I like the intent but don't like the word minuted.  How about all IAOC
decisions are recorded in the minutes of the IAOC.  These minutes are
published regularly.

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 09:51:27 +0100

According to Merriam-Webster online:

Main Entry: 2 minute
Function: transitive verb
Inflected Form(s): min?ut?ed; min?ut?ing
: to make notes or a brief summary of

    Brian

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2004 11:31:31 -0500

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]> writes:

    Brian> According to Merriam-Webster online: Main Entry: 2 minute
    Brian> Function: transitive verb Inflected Form(s): min?ut?ed;
    Brian> min?ut?ing : to make notes or a brief summary of

    Brian>     Brian

    Harald> I suggest resolving this by adding the following text to
    Harald> section 3.4 "IAOC decision making", after the first
    Harald> paragraph: All IAOC decisions are minuted. Minutes are
    Harald> published regularly.
    >> I like the intent but don't like the word minuted.  How about
    >> all IAOC decisions are recorded in the minutes of the IAOC.
    >> These minutes are published regularly.
    >> _______________________________________________ Ietf mailing
    >> list [email-masked] https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
    >> 

I was complaining about style, not grammar.  I'd argue that the verb
form of minute has low familiarity compared to the plural noun form.

---

From: "Marcus Wentrcek" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 01:50:40 -0600

I just wanted to write a quick note to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a
Joyous New Year.  I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season and
that this note finds everyone in good health and spirits.  May the New Year
bring you happiness and well being.

Regards,
Marcus Wentrcek
Ntegrated Consulting

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sam
Hartman
Sent: Sunday, December 26, 2004 10:32 AM
To: Brian E Carpenter
Cc: Harald Tveit Alvestrand; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Consensus? #718 Transparency - reports on decisions

    Brian>     Brian