Subject: Adminrest: ExDir

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:43:09 -0500 (EST)

draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-01 asks:
   The IAOC, in consultation with the IAB and the IESG, designates the
   person or people who carry out the tasks which other IETF process
   documents say are carried out by the IETF Executive Director.

      Editors' note: The preceding paragraph has generated some
      comments, given that the role of the IETF Executive director is
      mentioned in a number of documents, some of which are fairly old
      and dusty.  The editors actively solicit feedback on whether this
      paragraph is ok as it stands.

I'd rather the word "other" were removed but I'm ok with paragraph

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 10:49:55 +0100

I'd like the word "other" kept in (the reference is to the set of process 
documents, of which this document is one member, but one that has no 
requirements on the ExDir role). But I can live with either too :-)

A nit: since this paragraph now describes a responsibility of the IAOC, not 
the IAD, it needs to be moved from section 3.1 to section 3.3.