Subject: Re: Consensus? Separate bank account

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2004 21:23:30 -0500 (EST)

I can go with what Harald suggests:

Scott

----
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 2004 23:11:21 +0100
From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Consensus? Separate bank account

After all this threading, it seems clear that it would be bad to send out 
the Last Call today as planned without settling this issue.
(Not to mention that the secretariat still hasn't posted version -02)

So - scanning back - I find that we have Bert's suggestion for "principle" 
that seems to have met with no strong disfavour:

   Once funds or in-kind donations have been credited to the IETF accounts,
   they shall be irrevocably allocated to the support of the IETF.

(Scott preferred my variant:

    Donations to the IETF shall be irrevocably committed to the support of
    the IETF

but I don't - this does not cover meeting fees)

So I propose the following consensus text - relative to bcp-02, which is 
visible on 
<http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/adminrest/draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02.html>:

a) Add under "Principles", section 2.2, between item 4 and 5:

   Once funds or in-kind donations have been credited to the IETF accounts,
   they shall be irrevocably allocated to the support of the IETF.

b) Note, but DO NOT CHANGE, the following statements from section 5.
I believe they address the suggestions Margaret has made for a more 
detailed specification of money moving into and out of the accounts.

5.2 IETF Meeting Revenues

Meeting revenues are an important source of funds for IETF functions. The 
IAD, in consultation with the IAOC, sets the meeting fees as part of the 
budgeting process. All meeting revenues shall be credited to the 
appropriate IASA account.

5.3 Designated Donations, Monetary and In-Kind

.....
ISOC shall create appropriate administrative structures to coordinate such 
donations with the IASA. In-kind resources are owned by the ISOC on behalf 
of the IETF and shall be reported and accounted for in a manner that 
identifies them as such. Designated monetary donations shall be credited to 
the appropriate IASA account.

5.4 Other ISOC Support

Other ISOC support shall be based on the budget process as specified in 
Section 6. ISOC shall credit the appropriate IASA accounts at least 
quarterly.

....

5.5 IASA Expenses

The IASA exists to support the IETF. Therefore, only expenses related to 
supporting the IETF may be debited from the IASA account.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 09:21:57 +0100

Me too

     Brian