Subject: Consensus? Minor issue #731 - using the word "officer"

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 11:46:39 +0100

Margaret pointed out that the term "officer" has definitions in some 
contexts that aren't appropriate for the IAD, and suggested we don't use it.

It's only used once in the document, so it's not a large change.

Proposed resolution: In section 3, change:

   The IASA consists initially of a single full-time ISOC employee, the
   IETF Administrative Director (IAD), an officer entitled to act on
   behalf of the IASA at the direction of the IAOC.

to

   The IASA consists initially of a single full-time ISOC employee, the
   IETF Administrative Director (IAD), who is entitled to act on
   behalf of the IASA at the direction of the IAOC.

OK?

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:56:06 +0100

>    behalf of the IASA at the direction of the IAOC.

works for me.

Bert