Subject: Re: #720 and #725 - Appeals and IAD autonomy

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:36:10 -0500 (EST)

Harald suggests

   1) Make a separate section for the appeals stuff in 3.4 (for clarity), so 
   that this becomes section 3.5

good thing to do

   2) Change the section to read:
   
      If someone believes that the IAOC has made a decision that is clearly
      not in the IETF's best interest, he or she can ask the IETF leadership
      to investigate the
      matter, using the same procedure as is used for appeals of procedural
      issues in the IETF, starting with the IESG.
   
      In cases where appeals concern
      legally-binding actions of the IAOC (hiring, signed contracts, etc.),
         the bodies handling the appeal may advise the IAOC, but are not
      authorized to make or unmake any legally binding agreements on the
      part of IASA.
   
      In cases where no legally-binding actions are at stake, the bodies
      handling the appeal may nullify the IAOC decision and ask IAOC to restart
      its decision process.

that would work for me -

it does leave open a number of questions such as what non-disclosure 
materials that the IAOC may have seen while making the decision needs 
to be given to the IESG/IAB etc but, imo, it is better to not try
to figure out all of those in this document

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf