Subject: Consensus? Variance

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2004 16:19:59 +0100

After reviewing the discussion on this topic, I think the rough consensus 
is conformant with this suggestion:

- Remove the 2nd ("Disclaimer:") paragraph from section 5

- Insert the following as part of section 3 (I suggest just before section 
3.1):

  If the IASA is unable to comply with the procedures described in this
  document for legal, accounting or practical reasons, the IAOC shall report
  that fact to the community, along with the variant procedure it intends to
  follow. If the problem is a long-term one, the IAOC shall ask the IETF
  to update this document to reflect the changed procedure.

(Comparision to previouis suggestion: I changed "here" to "in this 
document" to make sure it covers the whole BCP, not just the section it 
appears in. I also changed IAOC to IASA in the third word - if the IAD is 
unable to comply with procedures, IAOC is responsible for reporting that to 
the community, too.)

(Note: A deviation from procedures without appropriate justification is 
certainly an action of the IAOC that can be appealed. See next message.)

OK?

                      Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 02:20:37 +0100

Done

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]On Behalf Of
> Harald Tveit Alvestrand
> Sent: Monday, December 06, 2004 10:20
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Consensus? Variance
> 
>