Subject: Adminrest: section 4 B

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 23:16:38 -0500 (EST)

draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-01 section 4 also says
   The members of the IAOC choose their own chair each year using a
   consensus mechanism of their choosing.  Any appointed voting member
   of the IAOC may serve as the IAOC Chair; the IETF Administrative 
   Director, the IETF Chair, the IAB Chair, the ISOC President/CEO, and
   non-voting liaisons are not eligible to serve as IAOC Chair. 

most of the 2nd sentence is redundant and not needed - once you
say that only appointed members can be chair you have it all defined

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2004 08:37:47 -0500 (EST)

> I agree.  The redudancy should stay...  It is just a single sentence, 
> and it could save us from later misunderstandings that would be 
> incredibly difficult to unravel.

I do not see how it makes anything clearer to say "only appointed 
members" then to go on to point out that non-appointed members are
not OK

the redundant text is not needed by definition because its redundant

but, along the same line, it does not hurt to include it because it
is redundant

so, since some people seem to fear that people could be confused 
leave it

Scott