Subject: No change needed? #717 Open archives of correspondence

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 14:20:04 +0100

(note - there are several tickets on openness in general. I am trying to 
close off this one, because it seems to have been debated "enough"....)

Margaret said:

> Should the same web site also include a record of all written/legal
> correspondence received by or sent by the IAOC (with sections removed
> if absolutely necessary for confidentiality)?

A long thread resulted (see tracker), in which Leslie quoted from the 
document:

> Transparency: The IETF community shall have complete visibility into
> the financial
> and legal structure of the ISOC standards activity. In particular, a
> detailed budget for the entire standards activity, quarterly financial
> reports, and audited annual financial reports shall all be available to
> the IETF community. In addition, key contract material and MOUs shall
> also be publicly available. The IAD and IAOC are responsible for
> providing regular overviews of the state of the IASA to the IETF
> community.

I think that the consensus on the thread was that the particular 
requirement being proposed was not warranted; I therefore suggest that we 
close this ticket with no change to the document.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 09:49:16 -0500

ah, back to openness issues.  i was wondering when we would get back 
here.

i am fine with this one.

a.

On 22 dec 2004, at 08.20, Harald Tveit Alvestrand wrote:

> (note - there are several tickets on openness in general. I am trying 
> to close off this one, because it seems to have been debated 
> "enough"....)
>
> Margaret said:
>
> requirement being proposed was not warranted; I therefore suggest that 
> we close this ticket with no change to the document.
>
>