Subject: draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 6 - budget process

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 2004 20:58:41 -0500 (EST)

open from last version

>      this document assumes a budget cycle of ISOC which does not
> match reality - I would suggest that this document needs to key of off
> the ISOC budget cycle and say that the various IAOC & IAD milestones
> must be at least X days before the ISOC budget approval time

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 06:36:20 +0100

>> must be at least X days before the ISOC budget approval time

I think that's what the current document's dates tries to say, using ISOC 
input as to when their budget approval times are. We may have misunderstood 
ISOC's input here.

This points out to me that the section may need more flexibility - as 
experience grows with the budget process, the IAOC may want to change it - 
and I think they should - using the BCP text as a guideline, not a 
straitjacket.

                    Harald

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 08:11:59 -0500 (EST)

> input as to when their budget approval times are. We may have misunderstood 

maybe that needs to be clearer

Scott