Subject: Re: draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-02: section 6 - runaway budgets

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 09:07:42 -0500 (EST)

Brian asks:
> That is certainly true in the real world. The draft could be read to
> suggest that the IETF will order up a budget of arbitrary size, which we
> all know is not how the real world works. But do we really need to spell
> out the iterative process of budget development?

I hope not, but I think it would be good to mention that teh budget
devlopment process involves a cooperative process boetween the ISOC
and the IAD/IAOC.

maybe a small change in section 2.2 would do the trick

   3.  The IAD and IAOC, in cooperation with  the ISOC President/CEO and
       staff, shall develop an annual budget for the IASA.  The budget
       must clearly identify all expected direct and indirect
       expenditures related to the IASA.  ISOC, through its normal
       procedures, shall evaluate and adopt the IASA budget as part of
       ISOC's own budget process and commit to ensuring funds to support
       the approved budget.

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf