Subject: Adminrest: section 3.4

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 22:46:26 -0500 (EST)

draft-ietf-iasa-bcp-01 section 3.4 says

3.4  Relationship of the IAOC to Existing IETF Leadership

   The IAOC is directly accountable to the IETF community for the
   performance of the IASA.  However, the nature of the IAOC's work
   involves treating the IESG and IAB as internal customers.  The IAOC
   and the IAD should not consider their work successful unless the IESG
   and IAB are satisfied with the administrative support that they are
   receiving.

I'd suggest that the last sentence be changed to:
"The IAOC and the IAD should not consider their work successful unless
the IESG and IAB are satisfied with the administrative support that the
IETF is receiving."

Scott

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: [email-masked] (Scott Bradner)
Date: Tue, 7 Dec 2004 07:11:48 -0500 (EST)

Bert asks:
  Here is a new proposed text:

   The IAOC is directly accountable to the IETF community for the
   performance of the IASA.  However, the nature of the IAOC's work
   involves treating the IESG and IAB as major internal customers
   of the administrative support.  The IAOC and the IAD should not
   consider their work successful unless the IESG and IAB are also
   satisfied with the administrative support that the IETF is
   receiving.

  Better? Other suggestions on how to capture the idea?

this is basically what I suggested (specifically to deal with the 
situation Bert talks about) so I'm fine with it

Scott