Subject: Appreciation Evening for Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn - May 10

From: Gene Gaines <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 May 2005 16:29:20 -0400

IETF people are invited to attend.  Washington DC area.

Appreciation Evening for Vint Cerf & Bob Kahn

Date:   Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 7 - 9:30 p.m.
Where:  Booz-Allen-Hamilton World Headquarters, McLean, Virginia
Host:   DCISOC - Washington DC Chapter of the Internet Society

Bob Kahn and Vint Cerf, members of our local Washington DC
Chapter of the Internet Society, have recently won the
Association for Computing Machinery's prestigious annual Turing
Award.

The ACM is the premier organization for computing professionals,
and its Turing Award, considered the "Nobel Prize of Computing,"
has been given to Vint Cerf and Bob Kahn for their for
pioneering work on the design and implementation of the
Internet's basic communications protocols. Cerf and Kahn jointly
developed TCP/IP.

The Turing Award will be presented at the ACM Awards Banquet in
San Francisco, in June.

Since we all can't get to the ACM meeting in San Francisco, ISOC
chapters around the world have organized this meeting to express
our gratitude for everything Bob and Vint have done, not just
for the industry but for ISOC and the IETF as well.

The evening will start with a social hour, with time to say
hello to Vint and Bob. Several speakers (including Dennis
Doughty, President, Booz-Allen-Hamilton Worldwide Technology
Business) will touch briefly on the differences the Internet has
brought to the world. Internet pioneer Steve Crocker will ask
Bob and Vint to share their thoughts, looking back on three
decades of remarkable change and to the future.

We will have replica copies of historical TCP/IP documents
which Vint and Bob may be so kind as to autograph for us.

During the evening, leaders of ISOC chapters around the world
will be joining the meeting via the Internet to congratulate
Vint and Bob, and thank them for their key roles in the start
and growth of the Internet, as well as in creating and
supporting ISOC and the IETF.

To attend, please R.S.V.P. to [email-masked]. We need to give
Booz Allen a count of the expected number of attendees, as they
will be providing refreshments.

Date:   Tuesday, May 10, 2005, 7:00 - 9:30 p.m.
Place:  Booz-Allen-Hamilton Conference Center   Tel. 703-902-5000
        8283 Greensboro Drive, McLean (Tysons Corner), VA 22102

Map and detailed driving directions:
    www.dcisoc.org/bah_directions.pdf  or
    www.dcisoc.org/bah_directions.gif

For more information on event contact
    [email-masked] or [email-masked].

See www.dcisoc.org for more information on the Turning Award.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf