Subject: RE: I-D ACTION: draft-ash-alt-formats-01.txt

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 10:34:08 +0200

> If the goal is to allow prettier output while still maintaining the
stability and reusability of plain text, that practically demands an
input format that is plain text underneath 

No, the goal (as stated in the ID) is to enable normative drawings and
equations that are
not possible or extremely inelegant in plain text.

Y(J)S

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 07:10:20 -0500

Hi, Yaakov,

OK, yeah, we got that part. The question is, will the use of this format 
prevent people from starting with the plain text in an ID?

The ID you published is in both txt and pdf, so if someone wanted to start 
with the plain text in your ID, they could just start with the txt format. 
If I understood John's question, it was, can we count on having plain text 
that anyone can start with?

(and if I misunderstood John's question, I'm sure he'll post the real one 
soon!)

Thanks,

Spencer

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
To: "John Levine" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 3:34 AM
Subject: RE: I-D ACTION: draft-ash-alt-formats-01.txt

Y(J)S