Subject: GenArt LC review of DHCP Server Identifier Override Suboption

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 07:43:12 +0200

I was selected as General Area Review Team reviewer for this
specification (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dhc-server-override-03.tx
t

My feeling is that this document needs some revision, at least to cover
the IANA section, and perhaps my point raised about the introduction.

1) Intro says:

   There are many situations where the DHCP relay is involved and can
   insert a relay agent option with appropriate suboptions easily into
   DHCP DISCOVER messages.  

Of course, this begs the question - what are those situations?  Anyhow,
I think the intro is a bit short on motivation for this suboption.

2) IANA Section says:

5.  IANA Considerations

   IANA is requested to assign a suboption number for the Server
   Identifier Override Suboption from the DHCP Relay Agent Information
   Option [3] suboption number space.  None.

I don't understand what the 'None.' refers to.

John

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2006 14:49:45 +0100

John,

Both valid comments, which are in the tracker, but #1 is
explicitly not a DISCUSS (see the 5th bullet of section 3.2
of http://www.ietf.org/u/ietfchair/discuss-criteria.html).

Thanks

     Brian

[email-masked] wrote:
> Gen-art mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/gen-art
>