Subject: Mailing list experiment draft updated

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Feb 2006 17:00:50 -0500

Hi.  I've updated the mailing list experiment draft based on feedback
and version 01 is available.

A change log is included below.

It is my plan to incorperate any responses to feedback I get here and
then ask the IESG to publish the draft as an experimental RFC.  I
expect to send in the publication request by the end of the week.  I
have no idea how quickly the IESG will act on this request.  Naturally
since I'm acting in the author role, I will recuse myself from the
IESG aspects of the proceedings.

I believe I met my proposed requirement of utility.  I sent mail to
the IESG asking if they would find such an experiment useful.  I
received multiple positive comments.  I am aware of one IESG member
(Bert) who has stated on this list that he does not want to see any
more procedures..

Appendix A.  Change Log

   Note to RFC Editor: This section should be removed prior to
   publication.

A.1  Changes since 00

      Add definition of IETF mailing list

      Remove claim that RFC 3934 can be applied to non-WG mailing lists
      as this  may conflict with an IAB appeal response.

      Clarify what I meant by delegation in section 3 Clarify that the
      IESG must approve procedures and that procedures must be public.

      Remove the idea that actions against specific people should be
      last called.  Nothing forbids this but our experience with RFC
      3683 suggests that we should carefully consider whether this is a
      useful exercise.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf