Subject: About cookies and refreshments cost and abuse

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 17:52:56 -0600

Hi,

I will like to make an observation about something that captured my
attention the last few meetings.

I frequently see in meetings people filling up their back-packs with drinks,
fruits and cookies. I'm not talking just about one extra drink. I'm talking
some times even about people leaving the meeting area after getting the
back-pack full in the afternoon break.

I will call this abuse towards the rest of us.

I don't think suggesting that we don't get the cookies and drinks or that
they should be paid as an extra, if you want them, is reasonable.

However, is clear that is a *VERY* important cost of EACH meeting, and seems
unreasonable to don't pay attention to this and to try to serve our real
needs, instead of being in the situation of over/underestimating that, which
brings to the situation of not having cookies for all of us.

So my suggestion to be reasonable and fair to all, will be to provide
together with our registration pack, a given number of refreshment tickets,
enough to cover the average needs.

If you consume those, you can buy as many extra as you need and pay for the
real cost.

Remember that is not only the cost of each cookie or drink, but the tax and
service charge. You can make your own guess about the cost if a bottle of
water cost 4-5 USD + tax + service (times 5 days, times 3 breaks a day,
times 1.400 people). This is what IETF pay for each meeting just for drinks.

Also I'm sure that in most of the cases if you need more than the average,
some of your colleagues will not have consumed all their own, so it will be
easier to get some more at no cost.

But clearly, abuse will not be paid by all of us.

Regards,
Jordi

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Slides available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "DENG, HUI -HCHBJ" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 11:53:21 +0800

>enough to cover the average needs.

I also did this several times, but I believe what I got will definitely less than
what you would like to plan to distribute in total.
 
>times 1.400 people). This is what IETF pay for each meeting just for drinks.

If some other people come out and say "disbused.", that will be fair.
But if those word is come from future organizers, I can't imagine what it really means.
 
What I want to ask is: organizer is equal to IETF?
 
-Hui
 
+���z��y�'������+���jwb�ƭ��!����'ڟ&�y�'~'^�ؚ��ݙ��z���-y������֧��ں�h�,�v�!����z��z+�v�b�隊V�+-jG���z����������޶�ʋ�����^�{^�ם��"�'���^jǧ�؟��^���z���e�隊V���'j�h�ț��uץzע���*.��&��^�̬�颚g���^�+az��~׫!����ޞ�m�觵��y��r*bz{r�鮲���)��b�隊Z+j�Zr���+v+�����{^��-����^�����ֆ)^��Z��u�z��}�+��$y�h��޷
+������y�����޲�'�&�+r~�ڟ'(���z���0�'!�(!������}��y�����~�b�隊