Subject: Off-topic: Something to do in Dallas

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 17:39:36 -0800 (PST)

Q: What does Yokohama and Dallas have in common?

A: They both have large mechanical-action pipe organs, in concert halls.

Fisk Opus 100 in Dallas is the "sister" of Lucy, Opus 110 in Yokohama.

I was unable to organize an organ demo in Dallas, it would have been cool 
to do so on March 21, Bach's birthday.

But all is not lost. The Myerson Symphony Center provides its own series
of lunchtime organ demonstrations, and there just happens to be one on
MONDAY March 20 at 1230. A few of us organ geeks are already plannning to
go, if others want to join you are welcome to do so. At this point, I am
not exactly sure when we will be leaving the IETF hotel, I assume by cab,
but if you are interested, drop me a line and I will keep you posted.

Details on the instrument can be found here:

http://www.cbfisk.com/fisk_files/organs/op100_01.html

See you in Dallas!

Ole

Ole J. Jacobsen 
Editor and Publisher,  The Internet Protocol Journal
Cisco Systems
Tel: +1 408-527-8972   GSM: +1 415-370-4628
E-mail: [email-masked]  URL: http://www.cisco.com/ipj

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf