Subject: Montreal Announcement (fwd)

From: "Lucy E. Lynch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:29:29 -0800 (PST)

FYI - for those who don't read the announce list
-- 
Lucy E. Lynch 				Academic User Services
Computing Center			University of Oregon
llynch  @darkwing.uoregon.edu		(541) 346-1774

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 02:34:39 -0500
From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
To: Lucy E. Lynch <[email-masked]>
Subject: Montreal Announcement

The IETF is pleased to announce its selection of Montreal, Canada as the site 
of IETF 66 being held July 10th through July 14th 2006. This city with its rich 
culture and history will be at its finest in the summer and the dates coincide 
with the conclusion of the city's world renowned 27th International Jazz 
Festival.

Ericsson has graciously agreed to serve as the IETF 66 Host during this, the 
twentieth year of the IETF.  A long time supporter, Ericsson stepped forward as 
the Host when it learned the IETF was considering Montreal as the host city. 
As the Host, Ericsson will be responsible for providing the wireless network 
infrastructure for the meeting and its participants. "Ericsson is proud of 
hosting the 66th IETF meeting in Montreal as we support the important work done 
by the IETF," said Olle Viktorsson, the Director of IP Networks for Ericsson 
Research.

The meeting will take place at the Palais des congres de Montreal located on 
the edge of Old Montreal.  Many IETFers will recall the Palais from when it 
served as the meeting venue for IETF 36 ten years ago in June of 1996.  Since 
then the Palais has doubled in size with a new colorful sided glass building in 
2002.

The Palais has an underground with shops and restaurants and is within a very 
short walking distance of many fine hotels.  Negotiations are underway with 
surrounding hotels including a headquarters hotel and will be the subject of 
another announcement after the IETF 65 meeting in Dallas.

We are looking forward to Montreal, but until then we will see you in Dallas, 
only 17 days from now!

And speaking of Dallas, Early Bird registration with its $550 registration fee 
expires March 8th!  If you have not registered yet, delay no longer! 
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/IETF-65.html

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

Links of Interest:
Ericsson -  http://www.ericsson.com/
Montreal - http://www.tourisme-montreal.org/B2C/00/default.asp
27th International Jazz Festival - 
http://www.montrealjazzfest.com/preFIJM2006/accueil_en.asp
Palais des congres de Montreal - http://www.congresmtl.com/

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf