Subject: IETF Jabber Service/Logs moving?

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 06:38:55 -0600

What follows has been announced on the WG chairs mailing list, but (as best 
I can tell) has not been announced on either the IETF Discussion List or 
IETF Announce List, so if I'm sending wrong or premature information, I 
apologize in advance.

According to 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg04306.html, the 
IETF will be using a new Jabber service (for the meetings next week?), so it 
will be very helpful to do your testing with the Jabber rooms described in 
that posting.

According to a later posting at 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg04309.html, Fred 
Baker said the room names given previously are slightly wrong, and gave a 
pointer to the correct names.

According to a later posting at 
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/wgchairs/current/msg04308.html, Henrik 
has updated the Tools pages to point to these services (and has requested 
the transfer of pages from the previous service to this service, suggested 
other changes, etc. - to summarize, Henrik is on top of things, as usual, no 
news here).

I also apologize in advance for not confirming any of this with the 
Secretariat, but thought that since a significant portion of the community 
is getting on planes in the very near future, it would be helpful for me to 
send something to the IETF General Discussion list.

So, if your usual jabber rooms seem quiet next week, you may want to chase 
this topic down!

Spencer 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf