Subject: Nokia 770?

From: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:00:53 +0000

Hi,

Is there any way a non-US citizen can buy one of the promotional 770's
available at the event and walk out with a receipt in their name?

-- 
Tim/::1

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:21:34 -0600

On Mar 22 2006, at 13:00, Tim Chown wrote:

> non-US citizen

Sure, get a credit card from a US bank with a US billing address.

No comment (to forestall incessant ranting about *DELETED* 20th  
century policies).

Gruesse, Carsten

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 19:36:48 +0000

> available at the event and walk out with a receipt in their name?

Ah, I have half a Lemonade IMAP client for those things. Since I 
never got a 770, I lost interest in it, but what I have is available 
under GPL to anyone with a 770, Python, and a will to tangle with 
experimental code. (The Lemonade stuff is complete, it's the UI 
that's half or less. Also contains a full ACAP client, for 
amusement's sake.)

If anyone wants a finished Lemonade capable client, then I'll send 
you a shipping address for a 770. ;-)

Dave.
-- 
           You see things; and you say "Why?"
   But I dream things that never were; and I say "Why not?"
    - George Bernard Shaw

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 17:21:00 -0600

Agree ...

Is not fair.

I think it should be a rule, a very simple one:

Is ok to take the opportunity for the host to promote or sell products
related to IETF protocols, and I even will encourage it, but certainly, it
should be in such way that EVERYONE, despite his/her nationality, have equal
access to it.

Regards,
Jordi

> De: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
> Responder a: <[email-masked]>
> Fecha: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 13:21:34 -0600
> Para: Tim Chown <[email-masked]>
> CC: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Asunto: Re: Nokia 770?
> 

**********************************************
The IPv6 Portal: http://www.ipv6tf.org

Barcelona 2005 Global IPv6 Summit
Slides available at:
http://www.ipv6-es.com

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, including attached files, is prohibited.

---

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 15:59:02 -0800 (PST)

> should be in such way that EVERYONE, despite his/her nationality, have equal

You got it in europe 6 weeks before it arrived in the US. Mine didn't 
arrive until December 14...

-- 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Joel Jaeggli  	       Unix Consulting 	       [email-masked]
GPG Key Fingerprint:     5C6E 0104 BAF0 40B0 5BD3 C38B F000 35AB B67F 56B2