Subject: Anatole in-room net confusion

From: Sam Weiler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:24:34 -0500 (EST)

The FAQ at www.ietf65.org says:

 	Is there free wired Internet access in the hotel rooms?

 	No.

While http://www.ietf.org/meetings/hotels_65.html says:

 	** Attendees with reservations within the IETF room block will
 	receive complimentary high speed Internet, local and domestic
 	long distance calls from their guestrooms.

And the nice front desk person I spoke with this morning indicated 
there would be no charge for wired net.

What gives?

-- Sam

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Scott Leibrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 19:42:44 -0500 (EST)

Are they talking about two different SSID's?

-Scott

---

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 20:24:18 -0500

The IETF65 site has updated the info:

Free Internet in the rooms? <http://www.ietf65.org/tips-and-tools/faq>

This FAQ applies to: Any version.

Yes.  The secretariat negotiated free internet access for both wired and 
wireless.  You should be able to get through the hotel portal without 
charge.  

If you can see ietf65 ssid from your room, that's free, but that's also 
wireless.  If you need free wired access, please stop down by the 
terminal room.  We'll even let you use our CAT5 cables.
--Nokia Helpdesk
by Brett Thorson <http://www.ietf65.org/author/Brett> -- last modified 
2006-03-20 18:54
http://www.ietf65.org/tips-and-tools/faq/free-internet-in-the-rooms

Ray Pelletier
IAD

---

From: Scott W Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:01:19 -0600

Last night the nice desk lady said go ahead and agree to pay for
access, and that at checkout the charges will be disappeared.