Subject: re: administrative question on RFC publications

From: Joyce Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:50:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jefsey,

1)  Expedited process of documents for RFC publication is not encouraged
for the reason you mentioned: "...one cannot expedite one particular
RFC publishing process, by-passing and delaying all the others."
However, if the IESG feels there is a just cause to expedite a
document, the IESG must approve the request and inform the RFC Editor
to expedite.

2)  If a document has been approved by the IESG for publication, and an
appeal has been logged against the document, the RFC Editor places the
document in "IESG" state, pending resolution of the appeal.  When the
appeal via the IAB has been resolved, the RFC Editor will take
direction from the IETF chair to publish.

Joyce
(for the RFC Editor)

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Joyce Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:50:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jefsey,

Joyce
(for the RFC Editor)