Subject: Last call comment on 'XML Pipelining with Chunks for the

From: "Rick Jelliffe" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 07:07:11 +1000 (EST)

This draft should be clarified slightly.

It has the idea of a "chunk" but does not adequately define it in relation
to existing standard concepts. Why is "chunk" necessary when we already
have "document" and "entity" defined?

More specifically, the draft does not explicitly state whether the chunk
must be well-formed: are chunks like SGML entitities that can be
concatenated to form the eventual document regardless of nesting?

Cheers
Rick Jelliffe

Member, ISO JTC1 SC34 WG1
Former member, W3C XML IG, W3C XML Schema WG

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Andrew Newton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 12:00:33 -0400

> concatenated to form the eventual document regardless of nesting?

Rick,

Good questions.  To answer them, a chunk is just a sequence of octets of the 
total data to be transfered, the size of which is up to the implementation. 
  They do not have to be well-formed.

I'll add some clarifying text.

-andy