Subject: re: administrative question on RFC publications

From: JFC Morfin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 23:07:13 +0200

Dear Joyce,
I thank you for your response.
jfc

At 21:50 14/08/2006, Joyce Reynolds wrote:
>Jefsey,
>
>1)  Expedited process of documents for RFC publication is not encouraged
>for the reason you mentioned: "...one cannot expedite one particular
>RFC publishing process, by-passing and delaying all the others."
>However, if the IESG feels there is a just cause to expedite a
>document, the IESG must approve the request and inform the RFC Editor
>to expedite.
>2)  If a document has been approved by the IESG for publication, and an
>appeal has been logged against the document, the RFC Editor places the
>document in "IESG" state, pending resolution of the appeal.  When the
>appeal via the IAB has been resolved, the RFC Editor will take
>direction from the IETF chair to publish.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Joyce Reynolds <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 12:50:42 -0700 (PDT)

Jefsey,

Joyce
(for the RFC Editor)