Subject: Decision to Reset the NomCom Process

From: Andrew Lange <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 23:26:12 -0700

Hello All,

There have been some concerns expressed on this list about the  
decision to reset the NomCom process.

There were some strong concerns about the first running of the  
process, ones which may have resulted in a challenge.  The process  
has now been re-done cleanly.

I was looking forward to working with the first committee selected.   
But, the decision had to be made, and after careful consideration, I  
believed this was on balance the best option.

I'm looking forward to working with the new committee, and expect the  
rest of this years NomCom will go smoothly and efficiently.

Moving forward, I encourage the community to revise RFC 3777 to  
improve the process where it is deemed necessary.  I am happy to  
share my observations on how the logistics might be improved, or on  
how a tool could be developed to assist future nomcoms.

Andrew

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf