Subject: FW: [Hubmib] Last Call: 'Managed Objects of EPON' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib)

From: "Romascanu, Dan \(Dan\)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 14:52:06 +0200

1. I find the security considerations section to be incomplete. What is
missing is a description of the security risks encountered by the
malicious or accidental mis-configuration of the read-write objects that
are listed. For example ' Changing dot3MpcpAdminState state can lead to
disabling the Multi-point control protocol on the respective interface
leading to the interruption of service of the users connected to the
respective EPON interface'.

2. Parts of the document and especially the DESCRIPTION clauses of the
MIB objects need to undergo a serious English syntax checking. Although
we can assume that the RFC Editor will anyway perform its editorial
duties it would be better to have a native English speaker go through
this process in advance, rather than having too consistent changes made
in final RFC Editor controlled phases.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, October 19, 2006 11:02 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Hubmib] Last Call: 'Managed Objects of EPON' to Proposed
Standard (draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib) 

The IESG has received a request from the Ethernet Interfaces and Hub MIB
WG to consider the following document:

- 'Managed Objects of EPON '
   <draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib-05.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send any comments to the
[email-masked] or [email-masked] mailing lists by 2006-11-02.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-hubmib-efm-epon-mib-05.tx
t

_______________________________________________
Hubmib mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/hubmib

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf