Subject: Re: draft-kolkman-appeal-support

From: Ned Freed <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 13:51:48 -0800 (PST)

> On 17 okt 2006, at 09.33, John C Klensin wrote:

> > Of course, as suggested in earlier notes, I'd find the idea of
> > endorsements ("supporters") completely acceptable and even a
> > good idea (i) if anyone in who participates actively in the IETF
> > could do an endorsement, (ii) if there were no restriction on
> > repeat endorsements, (iii) if the endorsements were expected to
> > contain analysis and information that actually contributed to
> > the consideration of the appeal, and (iv) if the whole
> > endorsement idea had been sufficient thought through that we
> > could have confidence that requests for endorsements did not set
> > off discussions firestorms on the IETF list.

> The reason why I like the "number of people endorsing the appeal must
> be greater than N" is because that is for me a simple objective rule
> that forces the (individual) person that appeals first talk with
> others, and agree with others on the content of the appeal itself.

> So, I support the suggestion from Olaf.

I'm not convinced this is going to reduce the number of appeals much if at all,
but I think this is about as far as we dare go.

				Ned

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Patrik Fältström <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 13:05:05 -0800

Patrik

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 02:25:34 +0100

On 6 nov 2006, at 22.05, Patrik Fältström wrote:

> The reason why I like the "number of people endorsing the appeal  
> must be greater than N" is because that is for me a simple  
> objective rule that forces the (individual) person that appeals  
> first talk with others, and agree with others on the content of the  
> appeal itself.
>

I would just like to voice that I agree with Patrik and supports  
Olaf's draft as well!

- kurtis -