Subject: Encouraging nominations for IETF Chair

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 14:14:50 +0100

This is to let the community know that I am *not* available for
another term as IETF Chair.

This was not a quick decision, and it's due to a combination
of professional and personal circumstances. Also, I will soon
complete a total of ten years in the IAB and IESG combined,
and I believe that is as long as is appropriate for any one
individual to serve.

I strongly encourage the community to help the Nominating
Committee by nominating good candidates. You only have another
two weeks to do so. Please see
  http://www.ietf.org/nomcom/index.html
and in particular
  https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/show_nomcom_message.cgi?id=1033

By the way, it's been a pleasure and an honour, and I do
intend to keep working hard until next March.

    Brian

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf