Subject: The Party’s Almost Over (But Not Quite)

From: Susan Estrada <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 10:46:47 -0800

We had so much fun in Dallas with IETF@20 events, we decided to take 
advantage of these final days of the celebratory year at IETF67. You 
know, of course, that the first IETF meeting was held here in San 
Diego and now the last one of the 20th anniversary year. Amazing, huh?

**Good Free Stuff and Video Infamy, All at the Same Time**

What could be better? You get to predict, ponder and prognosticate. 
And, you get a free, high quality, very fashionable IETF@20 t-shirt 
or cap for doing these p functions (which I must say, most of you do 
*so* very well.)

If the video dude can tear himself away from the FABULOUS San Diego 
outdoors, he will be around in the afternoon on Tuesday, Wednesday 
and Thursday to film your predictions for the future. Ponder these 
questions or make up your own questions and answers:

Who will have written more than 25 RFCs by 2011?
Who will have attended more than 50 IETF meetings by 2011?
What will be the biggest issue(s) that the IETF will be working on in 2011?
Who will be IETF chair?
How many more aquarium socials will there be by 2011?
How many more meetings in Minneapolis by 2011?

Look for the guy with the video camera on Tuesday through Thursday 
from noon until 4pm.  Or more importantly, look for the guy with the 
free caps and t-shirts. I know you want one. They are totally 
bomb-diggity. Check the far end of the hall just outside Grande 
Ballroom C (down by the piano). This is the hall where the breakfast 
refreshments are each morning (for those of you who get up that early.)

So what becomes of this video, you ask? ISOC will hold on to this 
compilation and play them back in the future, probably in another five years.

Just do it.  Remember how fun the video was in Dallas?  And, one 
other note, the free t's and caps are while they last.  So don't delay.

**I Was On My Way to the Social, and Learned about RFC 3**

Just in case you don't get enough technical substance this week, the 
busses to the social on Tuesday will be playing the first 
installations of the ISOC RFC Series videos. Steve Crocker talks 
about RFC 3 and RFC 1 and I gotta tell you, it's pretty interesting 
stuff. Really.  I'm not kidding.
The lovely folks at Siemens have offered to play this video on the 
bus on the way to the Social. You'll enjoy it. I swear. We will also 
have a version of this big freaking file on the IETF web site 
somewhere and will let you know where RSN.

If you want one of the bus copies for your very own video library, 
ask David McAuley (AKA the ISOC guy with the caps and t-shirts) to 
save one for you. We have 12 copies. Once they are gone, they are gone.

**Miscellany**

IETF@20 Partying is sponsored by ISOC for IETF67.  This is for fun. 
None of your registration fees were used to support these 
activities.  And, if you don't want to pay attention to the IETF@20 
stuff because you are busy creating new standards, delete these 
messages. And, if you liked it, tell Lynn or David or the other 
ISOCers who go to the IETF. And, think about becoming an individual 
member of ISOC. ISOC does a lot of good stuff all over the world. 
Seriously. They really do. Check out the web site if you don't 
believe me. You'll be amazed.

PS. Go outside at sunset time if you can and look for the green 
flash. With weather like we are having, it is a good opportunity to see it.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf