Subject: A plea for subject line sanity (RE: DNS Choices: Was: [ietf-dkim] Re: Last Call: 'DomainKeys)

From: Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 13:58:55 +0100

PLEASE....

it would be best for all, I think, if people who wish to rehash all the 
discussions from the ASRG mailing list take that discussion to the ASRG 
mailing list.

But - failing that - could you PLEASE put the word "SPAM" in the subject 
line of your message, so that people who want to follow the debate on the 
DNS, but have long tired of the spam debate, can skip over those messages?

                 Harald

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "william(at)elan.net" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 07:58:10 -0800 (PST)

> But - failing that - could you PLEASE put the word "SPAM" in the subject

Please don't do that. "SPAM" is subject line is used by large number of 
user filters tht post-process messages sent for example by SpamAssasin.
Instead use "Anti-Spam" (note no capilization of "spam") in the subject 
line or preferably more specific subject or if its general something 
like "email architecture".

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Dec 2006 12:09:16 -0800

Harald Alvestrand wrote:
> line of your message, so that people who want to follow the debate on 
> the DNS, but have long tired of the spam debate, can skip over those 
> messages?

Although you didn't suggest it, it might be particularly helpful to have the 
word spam in square brackets, at the beginning of the subject line, so that 
receive-side filters can process the messages properly...

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net