Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-eap-keying (Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) Key Management Framework) to Proposed Std.

From: Bernard Aboba <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 05:12:30 -0800 (PST)

One of the motivations behind the EAP Key Management Framework document is 
to analyze compliance of existing EAP/AAA RFCs and lower layer standards 
(e.g. IEEE 802.11i, IEEE 802.16e, IKEv2, etc.) to the requirements 
described in Guidelines for AAA Key Management, 
draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt. 

As a result, Section 5 of the Key Management Framework document 
incorporates the requirements text from Section 3 of the Guidelines 
document. 

While the text of draft-ietf-eap-keying-18 was in sync with the text 
of draft-housley-aaa-key-mgmt-06, the Guidelines document has since been 
revised in response to IETF last call comments. 

As a result, once the Guidelines document has been approved for 
publication as an RFC, the text in Section 3 of that document will need to 
be synced up with Section 5 of the Key Management Framework document. 

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf