Subject: RFC 4077: Implementation of the NACK mechanism

From: Aleksandar Glavas <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2007 19:15:53 +0100

Hello!

I'm trying to implement the NACK mechanism in the existing SigComp module.
I would like to know what are the expecting actions at the Compressor 
side after receiving the NACK message? There are about 25 possible 
errors, but I cann't see the easy way to fix all of them in Compressor 
real time execution period.
There is a sentence from the RFC 4077, at the page No. 9: "Note that 
many of the status codes are more useful in debugging interoperability 
problems than with on-the-fly correction of errors." [RFC 4077, page 9 ] 
Could anyone explain me what does it really mean?
It looks like some error codes serve only for debugging our application 
and couldn't be fixed during the communication between the two remote 
endpoints.

If someone has some other useful advices about implementing the NACK 
mechanism, I would be really pleased to read it.

Thanks in advance!

Aleksandar

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf