Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-mcwalter-langtag-mib (Language TagMIB)toProposed Standard

From: "CE Whitehead" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 14:43:54 -0500

Hi, I have a little question about style in one place in the McWalter draft; 
I suggest you replace "This" in Section 3, paragraph 3; line 2, with 'the 
language tag defined here,' 'the language tag defined by MIB,' or something 
similar:

>> >             In theory, BCP 47 language tags are of unlimited length.
>> >             This language tag is of limited length.

"This" apparently refers back to the "Abstract:"

"Abstract

   "This MIB module defines a textual convention to represent BCP 47
   [RFC4646] language tags."

But I am concerned about style here because:

It's been a while since "a textual convention to represent BCP 47 [RFC4646] 
language tags" was referred to--
and thus it's unclear here what "This" is referring to in section 3.

(when I taught I would not let my students refer to anything outside of the
text unless it was very obvious;
nor would I let them refer to something more than one paragraph back without
specifying it exactly again.)

Again my comment is about style not about content!

Thanks,

C. E. Whitehead
[email-masked]
([email-masked])

_________________________________________________________________
Valentine’s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping 
http://shopping.msn.com/content/shp/?ctId=8323,ptnrid=37,ptnrdata=24095&tcode=wlmtagline

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf