Subject: RE: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: draft-housley-tls-authz-extns

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2007 17:37:05 -0400

Dean:

>I'm still not clear on a few things:
>
>-- When did Russ Housley learn of the Patent Filing?

I was aware that Mark Brown was working on a patent; however, I did 
not begin working with him until after his provisional patent 
application was filed.  I did not see the claims until the filing 
became public.

Since I knew that a patent was in the works, but I did not know the 
details, at the time we submitted the -00  draft to the repository 
(which was February 2006), I reminded Mark Brown that an IPR 
statement might be necessary.

Russ

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2007 18:54:54 -0400

What has happened in this case is very clear.  I believe that Sam is 
handling the situation properly.

Russ

At 11:18 AM 4/7/2007, todd glassey wrote:
>Russ - does the current policy of the IETF's IPR disclosure process 
>include what happens to a filing when the IPR disclosure is NOT 
>FILED in a timely manner? Or the party here that was supposed to 
>file the IPR Disclosure doesn't for whatever reason?
>
>These are real issues and effect the rights going forward so they 
>are important.
>
>Also how is the IETF going to address postings to it that in those 
>instances, the IPR disclosures are refused???
>
>Todd Glassey
>
>----- Original Message ----- From: "Russ Housley" <[email-masked]>
>To: "Dean Anderson" <[email-masked]>
>Cc: "Mark Brown" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
>Sent: Friday, April 06, 2007 2:37 PM
>Subject: RE: Withdrawal of Approval and Second Last Call: 
>draft-housley-tls-authz-extns
>
>
>>Dean:
>>