Subject: message for ietf-announce: search engine for IETF and IRTF mailing list archives

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 15:28:13 +0300

Hi,

we've put together a search engine for IETF and IRTF mailing list  
archives using the Google co-op tool. At this time, it indexes all  
currently-active WG and RG mailing list archives(*) as well as  
selected related and historic lists. You can access the search engine  
at:

    http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=006728497408158459967%3Aybxjdw- 
bjjw

Please send comments and suggestions to [email-masked]

Thanks,
Lars

(*) modulo archives that aren't HTML-ified or inaccessible due to  
robots.txt, etc.
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 16:43:22 +0200

Lars Eggert wrote:

> it indexes all currently-active WG and RG mailing list archives

I think it's a proper or favoured subset (selected by you) of what's
anyway in Google's index, specified in the form of "URL patterns" for
inclusion or exclusion.  In the most simple form you'd say ietf.org
resulting in all indexed documents for domains ending in ietf.org,
not limited to http or to html.  
 
> http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=006728497408158459967%3Aybxjdw-bjjw

My own attempt "001904119753490578822:zvsejdqm-pw" includes IANA,
ICANN, rfc-editor.org, Unicode, W3C, and (I hope) xml.resource.org
among others.  A nice gimmick.  Maybe I exclude the list archives
later, and include GMaNe's version of the IETF archives.

Frank

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 12:47:33 +0300

On 2007-4-24, at 17:43, ext Frank Ellermann wrote:
> inclusion or exclusion.

Exactly.

>   In the most simple form you'd say ietf.org

We use more complex patterns that only match individual emails in the  
list archives, to cut out false positives (stuff on other web pages  
that matches).

If people feel like we're missing some useful list archives, let us  
know.

Lars