Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-ietf-enum-xmpp (IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP') to Proposed Standard

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:18:16 -0600

The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from the Telephone Number Mapping WG 
> (enum) to consider the following document:
> 
> - 'IANA Registration for Enumservice 'XMPP' '
>    <draft-ietf-enum-xmpp-01.txt> as a Proposed Standard

In the Introduction, this I-D says:

    RFC 4622 [6] registers an Internationalized Resource Identifier
    (IRI) [5] and Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
    identifying XMPP entities.

There is no such thing as an IRI scheme, so the author may want to 
correct the text; here is suggested wording:

    RFC 4622 [6] registers a Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) scheme for
    identifying an XMPP entity as a URI or as an Internationalized
    Resource Identifier (IRI) [5].

There are some errors in RFC 4622, which I have attempted to correct in 
draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt

However, I don't think those corrections materially affect the ENUM 
registration in draft-ietf-enum-xmpp. To verify that statement, refer to 
the following diff:

http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=http%3A%2F%2Ftools.ietf.org%2Frfc%2Frfc4622.txt&url2=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.xmpp.org%2Finternet-drafts%2Fdraft-saintandre-rfc4622bis-00.txt&difftype=--hwdiff

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
XMPP Standards Foundation
http://www.xmpp.org/xsf/people/stpeter.shtml

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf