Subject: IETF Tools server maintenance

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2007 14:48:12 +0200

Hi,

During the coming long weekend (Friday, April 6th to Monday,
April 9th) I'll be doing some maintenance work on the tools servers
(http://tools.ietf.org/)

The NSS servers (www.ietf.org, datatracker.ietf.org, etc.) are not
affected.

You *should* not notice any downtime or service interruption, but
in case things don't work exactly as planned, you should be aware
of the circumstances.

All WG pages, drafts, RFCs, conversion services etc. will continue
to be available on at least 2 of the 3 servers at all times.

Wikis, which currently run on the machine named shiraz and available
through www1.tools.ietf.org, will be moved to the newest machine,
named merlot, but still be available through www1.tools.ietf.org
during the changeover.  Later, permanent http: redirects will be in
place.

The oldest machine, shiraz, will get a disk upgrade and then be put
into use as a development machine and backup for the other two.

If you notice anything unusual on the tools servers after Monday,
it could be a result of the changes done -- please bring it to my
attention.

Regards,

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf