Subject: Web Transition

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2008 14:39:29 -0500

There have been two changes in the web configuration that may be 
noticeable to you after the cut-over.

1. Up to this point there have been almost two dozen named and  
independent web sites associated with the IETF.  This has been
   flattened to be less than half that many.  Those that remain are true 
independent sites.

   This should be completely transparent.  We will maintain CNAME  
records in the DNS indefinitely since it is not possible to
   update all usages on the web site.  The web server has been 
configured to return Permanent Redirects to clients that use the
   deprecated names.  You should take note of the URLs that you see  in 
the address bar of your web browser and update any bookmarks
   you may have accordingly.

2. Some tools required some changes in order to function properly in  
the AMS setup.  Although AMS duplicated the directory structure
   used by NSS as much as possible, it was not possible to create an 
exact copy.  Although tools have been tested it is possible a
   detail or "edge case" was overlooked.  If you notice any unexpected 
behavior please do report it immediately to
   [email-masked].  Be sure to include enough information to 
ensure that the behavior can be reproduced.

If you notice any other issues or experience any other problems, please 
do report it immediately to [email-masked].  Be sure to
include enough information to ensure the problem can be reproduced.

Thanks.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf