Subject: Call for IESG narrative scribe volunteers

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2008 09:52:27 -0500

The IESG narrative minutes are posted, whenever available, at
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/iesg-narrative.html.  Currently, three scribes
(Spencer Dawkins, Marshall Eubanks, and Marc Blanchet) share the work
load. The IESG would like to recruit another scribe.  Other time
commitments are not allowing these volunteers to adequately cover all of
the IESG meetings.

Volunteers should write to [email-masked] by January 28th.  We'll keep
names confidential, unless people choose to volunteer in public.

The general guidelines are:

- at least one scribe attends the regular IESG telechats (11:30 - 14:00
US ET on alternate Thursdays).

- the scribe(s) will record narrative minutes of the discussions, but
they will not take part in the discussions except to ask for
clarifications.

- the narrative minutes will be published after review by the IESG.  The
intent is to publish the narrative minutes within a month of the meeting.

- confidential items (principally personnel discussions) will not be
reported in detail. The scribe will not take part in any sessions from
which liaisons are excluded (e.g., nomination and appeal discussions).

The IESG scribes get a first hand opportunity to observe the IESG and
their decision process.

If we do not receive volunteers, then narrative minutes may have to be
discontinued.  We recognize that this will reduce transparency of the
IESG, but without the people to the work, there is no choice.

   Russ Housley
   On behalf of the IESG

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf