Subject: Re: Finding information

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 10:25:30 -0800 (PST)

*> 
  *> The RFC repository also has rfc-index.txt, which lists all the RFCs,  

And an RFC search engine... just type "1730" into the little box,
and it will magically return the information you want, including
links to the text and to any errata that may exist.

Bob Braden

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Edward Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 09:15:26 -0500

>links to the text and to any errata that may exist.

I just noticed this thread.  In late December I posted this to the 
DNSEXT sleeping-WG mail list:
   http://www.ops.ietf.org/lists/namedroppers/namedroppers.2007/msg00769.html
(and there are some follow ups).

The IETF document repositories are good at letting you find the 
document you want if you know the document number.  But knowing the 
document number is often the problem.
-- 
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Edward Lewis                                                +1-571-434-5468
NeuStar

Think glocally.  Act confused.

---

From: Bill Manning <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 08:32:44 -0800

> document number is often the problem.

	having done stints in retail when i was younger, the most 
	difficult customers would come in the record store and 
	ask for the LP that sounded like "... dum, de dumm, dum,de..."

	the rfc-index is like unto a library card catalog. 

--bill
Opinions expressed may not even be mine by the time you read them, and
certainly don't reflect those of any other entity (legal or otherwise).