Subject: Late Last Call comments: draft-ietf-krb-wg-anonymous

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 13:20:16 -0400

With one minor concern, I do believe this draft is ready for
publication as a proposed standard.  However I think this draft is
fairly rough as proposed standards go; I expect that we will end up
needing a new revision of this spec at some future point that refines
some of the details based on implementation experience.  That's what
our process is all about, so I am not bothered.

The following requirement is impossible to implement:

>   If a client requires anonymous communication then the client MUST
>   check to make sure that the ticket in the reply is actually anonymous
>      by checking the presence of the anonymous ticket flag.  This is

As it turns out, a client cannot check ticket flags: it doesn't actually know  the key needed to decrypt the ticket.
Perhaps you mean that the client should check the KDC flags.

Additionally, there are a few areas in which the spec is unclear.
These could be fixed now or fixed in a future revision of the spec.

First, if I call gss_display_name  on an anonymous principal in an acceptor, what do I expect to get back?

Second, if I provide the anonymous name to a KDC in an AS-REP with the
anonymous option set, but don't provide padata, should I expect a
preauth_required error from the KDC listing pkinit?
_______________________________________________
IETF mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf