Subject: IETF Chair / IESG Chair / General Area nomination

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 15:11:35 -0400

My name has been submitted to the NomCom for the position of IETF 
Chair / IESG Chair / General Area Director, and I have told the 
NomCom I'm willing to be considered for a second term. Of course, 
this is not a guarantee that I get selected by the NomCom.  However, 
if I am selected, I will be able to serve.  Please send the NomCom 
whatever negative or positive feedback you have.

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 17:47:05 -0400

I deviated from the text that Pete proposed.  I should tell everyone 
why I did so.

Two years ago, when I was nominated for the position, it was unclear 
whether I would be able to find a sponsor.  It all worked out, but it 
was a bit frustrating for all concerned until the sponsorship 
situation was nailed down.  This time around, my sponsor has already 
indicated a willingness to continue.

But of curse, in this world, there are no 100% guarantees, and it is 
not possible to anticipate every possible event that might impact my 
ability to server another term.  For this reason, I strongly 
encourage anyone else that might be interested in this position to 
put their name forward.  Please give NomCom list of people from which 
to choose.

Once again, please send the NomCom whatever negative or positive 
feedback you have regarding my nomination for  IETF Chair / IESG 
Chair / General Area Director.

Thanks,
   Russ