Subject: Gen-ART Review on draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-09

From: Christian Vogt <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:02:49 +0300

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call
comments you may receive.

Document..........:  draft-ietf-mmusic-sdp-capability-negotiation-09
Reviewer..........:  Christian Vogt
Review date.......:  October 24, 2008

Summary:  This draft is basically ready for publication, but has nits
           that should be fixed before publication.

The document on "SDP Capability Negotiation" is very well written and
should be published soon.  I have one suggestion regarding the
differentiation between actual and potential configurations, which is
used in the document as part of the negotiation model:

One of the main purposes for differentiating between actual and
potential configurations is to express preferences of the offerer:
Potential configuration are of higher preference for the offerer than
actual configurations.  This property does not become sufficiently clear
in the introduction and model description at the beginning of the
document.  On the contrary, a reader may assume the opposite preference
order, namely, that actual configuration are preferred because the
offerer would have to re-configure in order to use any of the potential
configurations.  Suggest to clarify the correct prioritization early on
in the document.

- Christian

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf