Subject: Workshop on ROADM, Part of Globecom 2008

From: "IWONT 2008" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 22:31:25 -0500

*Register before October 30 and take advantage of reduced registration rate
*

*The Ninth International Workshop on Optical Networking Technologies (IWONT)
*

*ROADMs: Components, Systems, and Networks*

*Sunday, November 30, 2008, 2:00-5:00 pm** *

**

*(Part of Globecom 2008, New Orleans , USA ) *

* *

The Reconfigurable Optical Add/Drop Multiplexer (ROADM) is an important
building block of next-generation optical networks. Recent progress in
optical device and system technologies enabled cost-effective realization of
innovative agile ROADM architectures. These architectures are highly
desirable today for service provider networks. Both telecommunication
service providers (Telcos) and Cable Multiple System Operators (MSOs) are
utilizing ROADMs to face the increasing growth of broadband-access and the
demand for triple-play (delivery of voice, data, and video to end customer).

In this workshop, we discuss the role of ROADMs in service providers'
networks. We examine new technologies and systems which are emerging today
and investigate the impact of these systems on service providers' network
architectures, operation, and management.

*The Program:*

*1)  Brandon Collins (JDSU, USA), ROADMs in Today's and Tomorrow's Optical
Networks*

*2)  Peter Peng (Alcatel-Lucent, USA), The Recipe for Zero-Touch Photonics
Networks: ROADMs, TOADM, and ORGS (Other Really Good STUFF)*

*3)  Kuniaki Motoshima (Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Japan), Optical and
System technologies for 10 Gbps x 80 ROADM systems*

*4)  David Gutierrez (Fujitsu, USA),
OAM&P Considerations in DWDM & ROADM Deployments*

*5)  Young Lee (Hauwei, USA), Modeling and Encoding of ROADM-based Switch in
Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON)*

*6)  Al-Sukhni (University of Ottawa, Canada), Availability-Guaranteed
Distributed Provisioning Framework for Differentiated Protection Services in
Optical Mesh Networks*
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf