Subject: placing a dollar value on IETF IP.

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:27:48 -0700

Since there is now a specific value estimated by the LINUX community at 1.4B 
for the kernel itself, the IETF can no longer hide its head in the sand 
claiming that its workproduct has no specific value. This also means that 
ANY AND ALL contributions to the IETF no matter when they happened now need 
to be formally acknowledged for their financial value at the time of their 
contribution.

This is not an OPTION.

Todd Glassey 

_______________________________________________
Ipr-wg mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ipr-wg
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:33:24 -0700

Ooops - forgot the link too the story on the valuation of the LINUX Kernel.

http://www.itbusinessedge.com/blogs/smb/?p=107&nr=dye
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF Discussion" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, October 24, 2008 8:27 AM
Subject: placing a dollar value on IETF IP.

> Since there is now a specific value estimated by the LINUX community at 
> 1.4B for the kernel itself, the IETF can no longer hide its head in the 
> sand claiming that its workproduct has no specific value. This also means 
> that ANY AND ALL contributions to the IETF no matter when they happened 
> now need to be formally acknowledged for their financial value at the time 
> of their contribution.
>
> This is not an OPTION.
>
> Todd Glassey

---

From: "TS Glassey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:33:24 -0700