Subject: TLS authorization

From: matthew Alborough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 22:04:36 +0000

Dear IETF,

It has come to my attention that the IETF is considering a standard at 
the moment that uses a patented technology owned by RedPhone. This 
seriously worries me as a user of the internet ans theoretically in the 
future this patent could be applied to my use of this future standard. I 
would like to register my most adamant disapproval of this new this TLS 
authorization standard if it contains patented technology. I hope you 
make the correct decision for our children's futures.

Matthew Alborough

---

From: Tim O'Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 00:46:56 +0300

Hello,
I support FSF's concern regarding patent-encumbered standard
proposal on TLS auth extensions laid out here:

http://www.fsf.org/news/reoppose-tls-authz-standard

Being a programmer, systems administrator and free software supporter
over the years, I don't think yielding to software patent-mining
efforts is going to do us all anything good, even if these aren't
currently recognized in my country.

Thanks for years of faithful work, hope you will manage to hold
it to the same high standard.

WBR, Tim O'Kelly