Subject: Query regarding V2 Profile Classification (Profile 0x104)

From: "Chaitanya Pradeep" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2009 18:35:19 +0530

Dear RoHC ers,

     I am facing ambiguity regarding (Profile 0x104) classification in RoHC
V2 Profiles.

     1. On what basis we will choose Profile 0x104 in Version-2 Profiles?

         Because, as mentioned in RFC 5225, all the Profiles present
         in Rohc Version-2 support arbitrary number of IP Levels. So how do
we differentiate between Profile0x104 and
         rest of Profiles (i.e, like Profile0x101 , Profile0x102 ,
Profile0x103 etc) in V2 to classify which Profile the
         Packet stream belongs to?

     2. Is the interpretation correct?

          a) Profile 0x104 is chosen when the Input packet contains only IP
headers and not ended by any RTP/UDP/ESP/TCP headers. (or)
          b) Profile 0x104 is chosen only when no other V2 profile is
supported by the compressor entity other than Profile 0x104.

  Pls share your valuble thoughts regarding the same.

Thanks,
Pradeep.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments contained in it.