Subject: Re: Editors vs Authors vs Contributors, was: ANNOUNCEMENT: The IETF Trustees invite your review and comments on a proposed Work-Around to the Pre-5378 Problem

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 19:36:20 +0100

Julian Reschke wrote:
> Roy T. Fielding wrote:
>> ...
>> What the IETF should be doing is restricting the number of editors to 5,
>> list only the editors on the front page (clearly marked as such), place
>> the editors' addresses in a section called Editors (if they differ from
>> the complete set of authors), and then have another section for Authors
>> that would include all of the people whose copyrightable text has been
>> incorporated under the Contribution terms.
>> ...
> 
> I do agree that if we have a limit for the front matter, it should name 
> editors, not authors.
> 
> It seems to me that, assuming we agree on "editors are authors", all of 
> them could be put into an "Authors" section (with the editors marked as 
> they already are).
> 
> That leaves us with the question whether any contributor (IPR-wise) 
> needs to be called "author". Not sure about that. But if we don't call 
> them authors, they should be listed in a agreed-upon place in the spec. 
> Because of the IPR implications, that probably should also include 
> contact info, just as for authors.
> 
> BR, Julian

Additional proposal, potentially reducing the urge of people to appear 
on the front page: list just the author names, not their affiliations 
(it's IMHO sufficient when those appear in the Authors Section).

BR, Julian
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf