Subject: ESTA (Electronic System for Travel Authorization)

From: Jaap Akkerhuis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 2009 01:06:30 +0100

The USG has a new program out which requires people to use this for
the Visa Waiver Prgogram and other stuff. I forgot the right URL
and used google to find it back. To my suprise I got various of
hits for various sites offering me to send a pdf-file for $ 49.95
or more telling me how to fill in the form.

The real site is something like
<http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/travel/id_visa/esta/>.

Don't get duped.

	jaap

---

From: George Michaelson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2009 12:39:55 +1000

write your auth number down.

once you complete an app, the number is valid for 2+ years with  
modifications to travel plans each time, but, and this is a killer:  
the web app will NOT send you a reminder of your number, and if you  
'reapply' you get bounced 5 forms in.

if you can't remember it, there is no apparent way to recover the  
number. :-(

(I posted on risks about it)

-G

On 01/03/2009, at 10:06 AM, Jaap Akkerhuis wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf