Subject: TLS Authorization: Proposed Patent-Encumbered Standard

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 09:55:12 -0500 (ECT)

To whom it may concern:

I'm writing this letter to ask you to not approve proposed
patent-encumbered standard for TLS Authorization. Standards encumbered by
patents, as you should know well, hurt the industrial and technological
progress, as well as the trust put on standards organizations that approve
them. Standards should be able to be implemented without paying license
fees. Please don't approve the proposed standard, show the world that IETF
is an open organization, a supporter of open standards. Please note the
information at http://www.fsf.org/news/reoppose-tls-authz-standard .

Juan Pablo Angamarca
9th Semester Computer Science Engineering
Universidad Técnica Particular de Loja (Private Technical University of
Loja) (www.utpl.edu.ec)
http://jpangamarca.wordpress.com

-----------------------------------------
This email was sent using SquirrelMail.
   "Webmail for nuts!"
http://squirrelmail.org/