Subject: TLS authorization

From: George Georgalis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 14:51:24 +0100

I am writing to ask you not to approve the proposed patent-encumbered standard
for TLS authorization. To do so would fly in the face of the IETF's fundamental
commitment to openness. It would weaken not just the standard itself, but the
IETF's authority in this sphere.

At a time when there is increasing awareness of the importance of supporting
truly open standards that can be implemented by anybody without recourse to
licensing, it would be a truly retrograde step to allow this patent-encumbered
standard to be approved.

I urge the IETF to send a strong signal in support of open standards by
rejecting the proposal.

---George

George Georgalis
cell: +31(0)6 5554 6861
mess:   +1 888 742 3148
email: [email-masked]

Hansenstraat 101
2316 BG Leiden
Netherlands

USA address (for sale/rent):
Physical: 84 Canal Rd, Granby, CT 06035
Alternate: PO Box 903 Granby, CT 06035

-- 
George Georgalis, Information System Specialist <IXOYE><