Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-netconf-tls-06.txt

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 14:44:03 -0600

I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART) reviewer for
this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you 
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-netconf-tls-06.txt
Reviewer: Spencer Dawkins
Review Date: 2009-02-09
IETF LC End Date: 2009-02-19
IESG Telechat date: (not known)

Summary: This document is ready for publication as a Proposed Standard.

Major issues: none noted

Minor issues: none noted

Nits/editorial comments: one noted (as follows)

2.2. Connection Closure

   A TLS client (NETCONF manager) MUST close the associated TLS
   connection if the connection is not expected to issues any NETCONF

Spencer (nit): s/issues/issue/

   RPC commands later.  It MUST send a TLS close_notify alert before
   closing the connection.  The TLS client MAY choose to not wait for
   the TLS server (NETCONF agent) close_notify alert and simply close
   the connection, thus generating an incomplete close on the TLS server
   side.  Once the TLS server gets a close_notify from the TLS client,
   it MUST reply with a close_notify unless it becomes aware that the
   connection has already been closed by the TLS client (e.g., the
   closure was indicated by TCP).

---

From: "Mohamad Badra" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 21:43:29 +0100 (CET)

Dear Spencer Dawkins,

Thank you very much for your review.

Best regards,
Badra