Subject: Re: [webtools] IPR 765 is missing, More TLS-Authz misconduct?

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 11:47:47 -0800

On Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:53 AM, Dean Anderson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/765/
>
> reports 'the page you were looking for couldn't be found'

This is a bug in the web page; it should report "This IPR disclosure
was removed at the request of the submitter.".  The IPR index page at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/ does properly report this status.

  Bill
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:49:09 +0200

Dean,

This seems to relate to an issue that we've noticed elsewhere as well. 
An IPR disclosure can be withdrawn or replaced. Obviously the default 
should be to shows the current one, but one should also be able to go 
back in time to look at the history of submissions. For some reason this 
does not appear to be working at the moment in all cases. In some cases 
you can search for an IPR but if you click on the results the IETF web 
system says that the file cannot be found.

The problem has been reported, and will hopefully be corrected soon.

Jari

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 21:30:34 +0100

Jari Arkko <[email-masked]> writes:

> Dean,
>
> This seems to relate to an issue that we've noticed elsewhere as
> well. An IPR disclosure can be withdrawn or replaced. Obviously the
> default should be to shows the current one, but one should also be
> able to go back in time to look at the history of submissions. For
> some reason this does not appear to be working at the moment in all
> cases. In some cases you can search for an IPR but if you click on the
> results the IETF web system says that the file cannot be found.
>

The problem was reported quite some time ago [1], is it really the case
that someone is still tracking this issue?

If the information is available through native database access, perhaps
it can be manually retrieved and re-published publicly until someone has
time to fix the web page.

/Simon

[1] http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.ietf.general/31586
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 23:20:42 +0200

Simon,

> The problem was reported quite some time ago

I did not know this, but there has been a more recent case which has led 
to some confusion in IPR discussions that we are having in one of my 
WGs. It happened over the weekend.

> until someone has time to fix the web page.
>   
The fix is in the works.

Jari