Subject: red hat TLS authorization application

From: Douglas Curry <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 15:30:35 -0800

I am opposed to the Red Hat application for the TLS authoriztion.

I am opposed to any effort to commercialize and monopolize any aspect of the
internet communication/interface technology.

Already I have to pay for my computer to do anything on the Internet.

Then I have to pay $50.00 per month to access the Internet.

Who say that E Mail is free??

Through the current fees that I pay for access and software I *ALREADY* pay
for these esoteric technologies.

So granting this patent would be strangely unique.

So I object and will be writing to Canadian legislators about this issue.

Imagine if all the books in the Nelson library were available only in a
coded format.  To access the library I currently need a library card (this
card, in Canada, is not free because I pay for libraries through my property
taxes).   If the books were encoded I might then have to pay a "fee per
book" to decode each book.

If this came into effect many in Nelson would object.

I would not use the library at all and I would pillory the bureaucrats who
allowed this to happen.

Douglas Curry,
Nelson, British Columbia, Canada.