Subject: TLS-authz draft

From: Simone Fittabile <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2009 22:35:36 +0100

To whom it may concern,

@IETF

Please reconsider the path of adoption for standardization, involving the
proposed technology, TLS-authorizations, as-is, drafted by 'RedPhone
security' (since 2006).

The group that proposed the standard cannot be let free to have such weight
for the matters of public standards, which hopefully will remain open
transparent  scalable and FREE as much as we all could desire. In this
perspective the 'License agreement' coming from RedPhone Security narrows
the basic freedoms of software engineering, as stated into most open-source
licenses (eg GPL, Apache). It will be a matter of approving or not a
technology (patented) that would stand next to and at the same time dominate
the open/free layers - our software communities - so this is a primary
concern: the drafted 'License' would put such a prohibiting restriction to
open models. We, the people inspired by the FSF's principles and  vision
hope this will be FIXED in time.

Thank you for your concern.

S.F.