Subject: TLS-authz standard

From: Dave Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 20:38:50 +0000

Hi,

I would like to express my opinion that the TLS-authz should not be 
ratified as a standard, unless the topic of patient enforcement is 
completely resolved by "RedPhone Security" issuing a royalty free (or 
suitably equivalent) license for all users.  This would be bad for the 
internet in general, and bad for future technological advancements.

Please take this into account whilst considering the standard 
application from "RedPhone Security".

Kind Regards,
Mr. Dave Walker BSc(Hons) MIEEE MBCS

---

From: Yang Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2009 10:17:11 -0800

I oppose the proposed TLS-authz standard. Making a patent-pending protocol a
standard w/o license agreement with the vendor is not meaningful to
open/free software world.

Yang Chen