Subject: Eclipse plugin for authoring Internet-Drafts?

From: Dan York <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 07:17:38 -0500

And now for something completely different... for those of you tired  
of IPR-related issues, I'll ask this: does anyone on the list write  
Internet-Drafts using Eclipse? And if so, any particular plugins or  
configuration you have found useful in authoring IDs?

I ask purely because I've been doing more with Eclipse lately and it  
struck me that it could be useful for ID authoring.  It already has a  
built-in XML editor. If you're used to working in Eclipse then working  
on an ID is just another document. It would be interesting, though, if  
something like xml2rfc could be automagically called from within  
Eclipse to generate the appropriate text files.

Anyone doing anything like this and have any pointers in working on I- 
Ds within Eclipse?

Thanks in advance,
Dan

P.S. And obviously if you never touch Eclipse you can completely  
ignore this message and simply continue with the various ongoing IPR  
discussions...

-- 
Dan York, CISSP, Director of Emerging Communication Technology
Office of the CTO    Voxeo Corporation     [email-masked]
Phone: +1-407-455-5859  Skype: danyork  http://www.voxeo.com
Blogs: http://blogs.voxeo.com  http://www.disruptivetelephony.com

Build voice applications based on open standards.
Find out how at http://www.voxeo.com/free

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:36:35 +0100

Dan York wrote:
> And now for something completely different... for those of you tired of 
> IPR-related issues, I'll ask this: does anyone on the list write 
> something like xml2rfc could be automagically called from within Eclipse 
> to generate the appropriate text files.
> ...

Dunno about xml2rfc.tcl, but you can certainly use rfc2629.xslt for a 
quick preview.

BR, Julian