Subject: IETF 81: Vancouver or Quebec?

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:33:56 -0400

All;

The survey closes 1 June.

There have been nearly 400 votes cast.

Please let us know your preference.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0t2hfr934_2bEfmiPDNyEdlA_3d_3d

Thanks

Ray

The IAOC has qualified two venues in Canada for IETF 81 (July 2011) -  
the Vancouver Westin Bayshore and the Quebec City Convention Centre -  
and would like input from the community from this survey as to its  
preference before a final decision is taken.  The survey closes 1 June  
2009.

Vancouver advantages include:

*  Rooms and meeting space under one roof
*  Many direct North American and International flights
*  Well known location for an IETF meeting (IETF64 and IETF74 were  
held here)

Quebec City advantages include:

*  Broader range of hotel guest room rates and less expensive
*  A new location, adjacent to a European-like historic district with  
numerous restaurants
*  Convention center a short walk from main hotels (several within a 5  
minute walk)

The survey is 8 questions long and should take less than 3 minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=0t2hfr934_2bEfmiPDNyEdlA_3d_3d

Thank you for participating.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director