Subject: RFP for RFC Production Center

From: Ray Pelletier <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2009 15:45:07 -0400

The IETF Administrative Oversight Committee (IAOC), on behalf of the  
IETF and the IAB, announces this Request for Proposal to perform the  
functions of the RFC Production Center.  The successful bidder will  
enter into a contract with the Internet Society.

The RFC Production Center performs the following functions, among  
others, in support of the "Request for Comment" (RFC) document series:

    1.  Editing inputs from all RFC streams to comply with the RFC  
Style Manual
    2.  Creating records of edits performed on documents
    3.  Identifying where editorial changes might have technical  
impact and seek necessary clarification.
    4   Coordinating with IANA to perform protocol parameter registry  
actions
    5.  Establishing publication readiness of each document through  
communication with the authors, document shepherds, IANA and/or stream  
dependent contacts, and if needed with the RFC Series Editor.
    6.  Forwarding ready-to-publish documents to the RFC Publisher

The RFP can be found at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html

The IAOC desires a long-term relationship commencing on January 1,  
2010 of up to six (6) years with a successful contractor.   
Accordingly, it seeks to structure a six (6) year term with contract  
review points at the two-year mark and again at the four-year mark to  
evaluate the success of the contractor within an RFC Series model.   
The contract will be for a fixed price, except for certain services as  
noted in the RFP.

The closing date for submission of proposals is Monday, June 29, 2009  
not later than 5:00 P.M. EDT.  It is expected that a contract will be  
concluded by September 17, 2009.

Questions may be directed to [email-masked] through June 5th.   
Questions and answers will be published online at http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html 
  no later than June 12, 2009.

A Bidders Conference will be conducted on June 3, 2009 from 10:00 AM  
to 1:00 PM in the conference room of the incumbent RFC Editor, the  
University of Southern California, Information Sciences Institute, in  
Marina del Rey, California.  The incumbent is not pursuing the  
opportunity.  For more information see Bidders Conference at: http://iaoc.ietf.org/rfced-procurement.html 
   Written questions received at [email-masked] prior to June 3rd  
will be answered at the conference without divulging the source of the  
query. The questions and answers from the Bidders Conference will be  
published with questions received by June 5.

The point of contact regarding this RFP is the IETF Administrative  
Director, Ray Pelletier.

Ray Pelletier
IETF Administrative Director