Subject: Call for IAOC Scribes

From: Bob Hinden <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:46:56 -0700

Since the days of the IASA transition team, Marshall Eubanks has acted  
as the scribe for the IAOC and IETF Trust.  Since he was selected by  
the NOMCOM for membership on the IAOC he can no longer serve as  
scribe.  The IAOC needs new scribes.

Serving as the IAOC scribe is great way to learn about the inter- 
workings of the IAOC and IETF trust, and to serve the community.  As  
noted above the previous scribe, Marshall Eubanks, was appointed by  
the NOMCOM to serve on the IAOC and IETF Trust and is now the chair of  
the IETF trust.

The general guidelines are:

- At least one scribe attends the regular IAOC and IETF Trust  
telechats (currently 10:00-11:30 US ET on 1st and 3rd Thursdays of the  
month).

- The scribe(s) will record narrative minutes of the discussions, but  
they will not take part in the discussions except to ask for  
clarifications.

- Minutes are expected to be approved by the IAOC at the next  
scheduled meeting.

- The IAOC has at least one retreat per year, and also meets in person  
at least once during each IETF week.

The total effort will average out to a few hours per week, with some  
periods of higher activity.

If you are interested, please write to me at <[email-masked]>.    
We'll keep names confidential, unless people choose to volunteer in  
public.  Include why you would like to do this job.  While candidates  
should forward their resumes if possible, selection will be primarily  
based on the results of a "trial run" scribing for a real IAOC or IETF  
Trust meeting.

Thanks,

Bob Hinden
IAOC Chair