Subject: How should ICANN spend its money ..

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 16:02:47 -0400

Give it to the IETF obviously ...

http://blog.icann.org/2009/04/have-an-opinion-on-where-icann-should-spend-it
s-money/

Richard Shockey
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype: rshockey101 

LinkedIn : www.linkedin.com/in/rshockey101

---

From: John Levine <[email-masked]>
Date: 4 May 2009 23:18:57 -0000

>http://blog.icann.org/2009/04/have-an-opinion-on-where-icann-should-spend-its-money/

Well, sure, since it's out of the question to refund it to the people who
they overcharged to collect it in the first place.

R's,
John

---

From: Phillip Hallam-Baker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 22:01:15 -0400

I would like to see ICANN terminate the conflicted relationship
whereby ISOC is funded through an interest in the .org registry
contract.

Instead ICANN should set up a fund that provides a direct subsidy to
ISOC/IETF and W3C. They have the funds. They are purportedly a
non-profit.

They should also get a clue about how to manage a single supplier
situation and get themselves to a position where they are not forced
to continually renew the registry contracts as there are no other
credible contenders. This is likely to be something that the Obama
administration insists on.

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 7:18 PM, John Levine <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>

-- 
-- 
New Website: http://hallambaker.com/
View Quantum of Stupid podcasts, Tuesday and Thursday each week,
http://quantumofstupid.com/