Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-crocker-email-arch (Internet Mail Architecture) to Proposed Standard

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 20:34:55 -0700

FYI,

> Diff from previous version:
> http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-crocker-email-arch-13

and the usual pretty stuff (and diff) are at:

   <http://bbiw.net/recent.html#emailarch>

d/

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-crocker-email-arch-13
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 19:57:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-crocker-email-arch-13.txt has been successfuly
submitted by Dave Crocker and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-crocker-email-arch
Revision:	 13
Title:		 Internet Mail Architecture
Creation_date:	 2009-05-15
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 54

Abstract:
Over its thirty-five year history, Internet Mail has changed
significantly in scale and complexity, as it has become a global
infrastructure service.  These changes have been evolutionary, rather
than revolutionary, reflecting a strong desire to preserve both its
installed base and its usefulness.  To collaborate productively on
this large and complex system, all participants must work from a
common view of it and use a common language to describe its
components and the interactions among them.  But the many differences
in perspective currently make it difficult to know exactly what
another participant means.  To serve as the necessary common frame of
reference, this document describes the enhanced Internet Mail
architecture, reflecting the current service.

The IETF Secretariat.

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net