Subject: Re: Last Call: draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad (Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap with Padding Algorithm) to Informational RFC

From: Sean Turner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 22:53:25 -0400

Can we add two ASN.1 modules.  They should include the OIDs and one 
should define the algs the old way (e.g., RFC 3370) and the other should 
define the algs the new way (draft-ietf-smime-new-asn1-05.txt)?  I would 
really like the OIDs in a module, as not having OIDs in a module has 
caused problems (there's no place to import the OIDs from).    I'd be 
willing to whip them up if you want to include them.

spt

The IESG wrote:
> The IESG has received a request from an individual submitter to consider
> the following document:
> 
> - 'Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) Key Wrap with Padding Algorithm '
>    <draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-02.txt> as an Informational RFC
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-06-08. Exceptionally, 
> comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
> retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.
> 
> The file can be obtained via
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-housley-aes-key-wrap-with-pad-02.txt
> 
> 
> IESG discussion can be tracked via
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=18156&rfc_flag=0
> 
> _______________________________________________
> IETF-Announce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
>