Subject: RE: Last Call: draft-ietf-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts (Requirements forsupporting Customer RSVP and RSVP-TE over a BGP/MPLS IP-VPN) toInformational RFC

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 15:29:41 +0200

Hi all.

Just a few minor comments:
- The I-D refers to the "EXP" field several times (pages 11, 13, 15,
17...) whereas it is now named "Traffic Class", as per RFC 5462.
- Section 5.8 tackles PCE, thus putting some requirements on the PCE WG:
do we expect that they are endorsed tacitly? In this specific case, it
is only specified as "SHOULD", so impact is limited, but what is the
status of this kind of draft defining requirements over multiple WGs? In
case it be superset by draft-ietf-pce-vpn-req, a reference would be
welcome.

Thanks,

Julien

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The IESG

The IESG has received a request from the Layer 3 Virtual Private
Networks 
WG (l3vpn) to consider the following document:

- 'Requirements for supporting Customer RSVP and RSVP-TE over a BGP/MPLS

   IP-VPN '
   <draft-ietf-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts-04.txt> as an Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action.  Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2009-10-20. Exceptionally, 
comments may be sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please 
retain the beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

The file can be obtained via
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-l3vpn-e2e-rsvp-te-reqts-0
4.txt

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag=
17192&rfc_flag=0

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce