Subject: Update on IETF 76 ANA Hotel Availability

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 15:15:18 -0700

There are still a limited number of rooms available at the ANA Hotel  
(the IETF 76 venue) from November 5 through November 15th. We  
anticipate that these rooms will be sold out in the next couple of  
days. so please book now if you want one.

Currently non-smoking rooms are available only on the block shoulder  
dates -- November 5-7 and 12-15. However, all smoking rooms will be  
ozone-deodorized prior to occupation by any IETF attendee who wanted a  
non-smoking room but was unable to secure one.  The ozone  
deodorization process is considered one of the more effective odor  
removal methods. In addition, all sleeping rooms at the ANA have  
windows that do open several inches, allowing for fresh air.

We are waiting to hear more about the availability of non smoking  
rooms at the overflow properties and hope to have an update for you  
shortly.

37 days until IETF 76!

Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2009 13:27:43 -0500

Hi Alexa,

How should one go about expressing to the hotel that they preferred  
non-smoking but were unable to get it? I assume they need some lead  
time for this, so mentioning it at arrival time might be too late.

Thanks!

Ben.

On Oct 1, 2009, at 5:15 PM, Alexa Morris wrote:

> ozone-deodorized prior to occupation by any IETF attendee who wanted  
> a non-smoking room but was unable to secure one.  The ozone  
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf

---

From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Oct 2009 17:05:16 -0700

The ANA Hotel plans to ozone-deodorize all rooms in the IETF block,  
simply because the vast majority of our delegates prefer non smoking  
rooms.

Alexa

On Oct 5, 2009, at 11:27 AM, Ben Campbell wrote:

>> There are still a limited number of rooms available at the ANA  
>> Hotel (the IETF 76 venue) from November 5 through November 15th. We  
>> Currently non-smoking rooms are available only on the block  
>> shoulder dates -- November 5-7 and 12-15. However, all smoking  
>> rooms will be ozone-deodorized prior to occupation by any IETF  
>> attendee who wanted a non-smoking room but was unable to secure  
>> one.  The ozone deodorization process is considered one of the more  
>> effective odor removal methods. In addition, all sleeping rooms at  
>> the ANA have windows that do open several inches, allowing for  
>> fresh air.
>>

-----------