Subject: BOF / New Mailing List E2MD (E.164 To MetaData) DDDS application

From: Bernie Hoeneisen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2010 11:11:49 +0100 (CET)

Dear RAI, DNS (and related topics) experts

Please be informed that a new mailing list has been created recently for 
discussion related to a proposed DDDS application 'E.164 to MetaData' (E2MD).

If you are interested in this topic, please subscribe to the new Mailing List 
via:

   https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/e2md

E2MD is proposed to hold E.164-related information that does not fit the normal 
use cases for E2U. Known use cases include information that describes the 
structure of the E.164 numbering plan, and records which do not represent 
end-user communication URIs.

A BOF about E2MD has been proposed for the upcoming IETF in Anaheim:

   http://trac.tools.ietf.org/bof/trac/#RAI

Note: E2MD has been formerly known as E2M (a naming conflict with a legacy SIP 
WG item required a change of the acronym for this BOF)

cheers,
  Bernie

-- 

http://ucom.ch/
Tech Consulting for Internet Standardization