Subject: Change in ISOC Panel Topic for Tuesday at IETF 77

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 07:07:22 -0700 (PDT)

As previousley announced, following the successful Internet Society
(ISOC) lunch-time panels at IETF Meetings in 2009, ISOC is organizing
a briefing panel in conjunction with IETF 77 on Tuesday, 23 March.
However, I want to let everyone know that the panel topic has changed. 

To explore and publicize the reasons for the progress of and momentum
behind IPv6 deployment, the ISOC is asking a diverse panel of experts
to share their real-life experiences with, and data on, IPv6. While the
number of addresses available under IPv4 is dwindling, it is also clear
that decision makers are increasingly motivated by additional reasons
to deploy IPv6--and making the move earlier rather than later.

Space for the panel is limited and past panels have proved quite
popular, filling very quickly.  Registration will open tomorrow.

Additional information and registration details can be found at:
http://www.isoc.org/isoc/conferences/ipv6momentum/

Safe travels to Anaheim,
 Russ

On 2/7/2010 10:53 AM, IETF Chair wrote:
> Dear Colleagues:
> 
> I am writing to make sure that you are aware of two events that are
going
> to take place in close proximity to IETF 77 in Anaheim, California, USA.
> Neither of these events is affiliated with the IETF, but I thought that
> you would like to be aware of them.
> 
> First, there will be a full-day tutorial about NetFPGA on Sunday, March
> 21st.  The NetFPGA platform, developed at Stanford University, enables
> researchers and instructors to build high-speed, hardware-accelerated
> networking systems. The platform can be used to study hardware for
> Ethernet switches, IP routers, and advanced services for next-generation
> networks.
> 
> Second, following the successful Internet Society (ISOC) lunch-time
> panels at IETF 74, 75, and 76, there will be another panel on Tuesday,
> March 23rd.   This panel will focus on Internet applications beyond the
> Web and traditional network services: virtual worlds and gaming.  A
> lively discussion of deployment and policies is expected.
> 
> There is more information about the NetFPGA tutorial below.  I will
> forward information about ISOC lunch-time panel when it becomes
available.
> 
> I hope to see you in Anaheim,
>   Russ