Subject: Audio Streaming Info - IETF 77 March 21-26, 2010

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 14:20:27 -0700

Greetings,

For those monitoring sessions or participating remotely the following
information may prove useful.

- -Audio Streaming-

All 8 parallel tracks at the IETF 77 meeting will be broadcast starting
with the commencement of working group sessions on Monday, March 22,
2010 at 0900 PDT (UTC-7) and continue until Friday the 26th at 1515
PDT. Additionally it is our intention to broadcast the IEPG meeting
occurring on Sunday the 21st starting at 1000 PDT.

Because I have been asked several times in the past, note that if you
wish to use the rooms that are being recorded for impromptu meeting
during unscheduled sessions or lunch breaks that you can invite remote
participants to tune in to the appropriate stream. Recording cannot be
guaranteed for unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be
assumed that recording or observation is not occurring on open
microphones, they are after all connected to the Internet.

The links for streaming sources and the schedule are best retrieved from
the IETF tools agenda, located here:

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/77/

A page in the legacy style with links to the archives will also be
available here (it is not presently):

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/

The links and associated playlist channel bindings (in place during the
meeting) are as follows:

California A 	ch1 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf771.m3u
California B 	ch2 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf772.m3u
California C 	ch3 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf773.m3u
California D	ch4 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf774.m3u
Huntingoton	ch5 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf775.m3u
Manhattan 	ch6 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf776.m3u
Palos Verdes	ch7 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf777.m3u
Redondo		ch8 http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf778.m3u

and

All		ch* http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf77.m3u

- -Jabber/XMPP-

For information on IETF Jabber participation see:

http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html

or click on the Jabber links in the tools team agenda once you have a
properly configured jabber/xmpp messaging client.

- -Webex-

Webex particpation is possible for a limited number of sessions. Consult
with your working-group chair or await instructions to be sent to the
Working Group Mailing list for additional information.

- -Ticketing-

For prompt access to the meeting trouble desk, the email address is:

[email-masked]

for streaming related issues please consider Jabber IM to
[email-masked] with info including the current time, and channel as
the fastest communications channel.

Regards
Joel Jaeggli

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 20:30:57 -0400

>>>>> "Joel" == Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]> writes:
    Joel> unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be assumed
    Joel> that recording or observation is not occurring on open
    Joel> microphones, they are after all connected to the Internet.

To say it again:
   just because the session is over, doesn't mean the microphone is off.
   Chairs at the front of the room with microphones on the desk, or
   still pinned to their lapel might want to make note of that.

   I haven't heard anything embarassing, but it has been amusing at
   times.

-- 
]       He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life!           |  firewalls  [
]   Michael Richardson, Sandelman Software Works, Ottawa, ON    |net architect[
] [email-masked] http://www.sandelman.ottawa.on.ca/ |device driver[
   Kyoto Plus: watch the video <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzx1ycLXQSE>
	               then sign the petition.

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 17:55:31 -0700

>     I haven't heard anything embarassing, but it has been amusing at

Although it might have been apocryphal, I heard a story about a audio/visual 
collaboration "wall" that Xerox PARC had with another facility, many years ago, 
that was left operational 24/7.  The intent was to make it trivial for 
co-workers at the two facilities to simply walk into their respective rooms to 
discuss something.

The story goes that a couple used the room one evening, without realizing that 
they had an audience...

d/

-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net

---

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2010 21:05:23 -0400

On Mar 14, 2010, at 8:55 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

> Although it might have been apocryphal, I heard a story about a  
> audio/visual collaboration "wall" that Xerox PARC had with another  
> facility, many years ago, that was left operational 24/7.  The  
> intent was to make it trivial for co-workers at the two facilities  
> to simply walk into their respective rooms to discuss something.
>
> The story goes that a couple used the room one evening, without  
> realizing that they had an audience...

Yeah, we had that happen with an early Telepresence room, circa 2003.

Regards
Marshall

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>