Subject: Patent disclosure in draft-shin-augmented-pake-00.txt

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 22:52:34 +0100

Hi.  This document [1] contains the following section:

6.  Intellectual Property

   The National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology
   (AIST) has submitted a patent application about the AugPAKE protocol,
   described in this document.  For details of the patent application
   and its status, please contact the authors of this document.

That by itself does not fulfill the IETF procedures regarding patent
disclosure.  Please read section 6.1 of RFC 3979:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3979#section-6.1

Searching for a patent disclosure on this document suggests that none
has been filed (yet):

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/search/?option=document_search&document_search=draft-shin-augmented-pake

Therefor you need to file the proper patent disclosure for your
submission to comply with the IETF rules.

To make your technology benefit Internet applications everywhere, please
consider licensing your patent in a liberal way.  One example what I
believe is a friendly patent license would be this one:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/941/

Writing a patent license in friendly way is complicated, if you are
interested I can work with you and the Free Software Foundation or the
Software Freedom Law Center to help you write a good license.

Thanks,
/Simon

[1] http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shin-augmented-pake-00.txt

---

From: "SeongHan Shin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Mar 2010 15:24:26 +0900

Dear Simon,

Thank you for your interests and a kind suggestion.
I am now contacting with our institute Intellectual Property Department 
about the license information.

With the response from IP department, I want to get your feedback or advices

about license information (if you don't mind).

Have a nice day!
Best regards,
Shin

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Simon Josefsson [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Tuesday, March 02, 2010 6:53 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Patent disclosure in draft-shin-augmented-pake-00.txt
> 
> [1]
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-shin-augmented-pake-00.txt