Subject: Gentle drumming before plenaries this week...

From: "Spencer Dawkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 17:34:31 -0500

If you brought small hand drums to IETF 77, please join me for a few minutes 
before each plenary ("in many cultures, drumming is part of a tradition of 
healing" :-)

If you did not - I brought about four small frame drums/headed tamborines 
and will have them at the plenary. I know Ben Campell is coming, and I will 
still have a couple of drums to share.

If you'd like to join us and want to be sure that you have something to drum 
on - the ice buckets in your room (at least, at the Hilton) are surprisingly 
serviceable ;-)

I thought I had a small number of shakers/rattles, but I don't - anything 
from a decent-sized key chain on up would work fine!

I should emphasize that there is no audition for this - I believe Darwin 
joined us, about a year ago...

Thanks,

Spencer

---

From: Lucy Lynch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 15:38:50 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 24 Mar 2010, Spencer Dawkins wrote:

> If you did not - I brought about four small frame drums/headed tamborines and 
> will have them at the plenary. I know Ben Campell is coming, and I will still 
> have a couple of drums to share.
>

which I take to be a signal honor for the drum circle folk and
and a comment on Darwin's musical abilities.

> Thanks,
>
> Spencer 
> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>