Subject: Javascript timer for speakers

From: "Theodore Ts'o" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:41:49 -0400

A while back, someone shared (I think on the IETF list) a little quick
javascript hack that when loaded into the browser, would display a
countdown timer of the remaining amount of time that the speaker had to
speak, and and when the speaker started to go over, the mm:ss numbers
started counting up in Red.

Such a hack would come in really handy for me --- if anyone has such a
beast, I'd really appreciate it if they could send it my way.  (I think
it was used fairly allocate time between speakers at the IESG public
plenary meeting way back when....)

Many thanks!!

							- Ted

---

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 18:47:08 -0400

http://edas.info/timer.php is a basic one. (EDAS is a site I run.)

Henning

On Mar 23, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Theodore Ts'o wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>

---

From: Dave Aronson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:26:28 -0400

> started counting up in Red.

Mine is a bit different, but still useful.  Check it out at:

  http://fairfax.freetoasthost.org/files/timer.html

Details:  Enter a minimum and maximum.  Press Start.  It counts up,
showing the time, with a blue background in the browser.  When the
minimum is reached, it turns green.  Halfway from there to maximum, it
turns yellow.  At maximum it turns red.  There are additional
features, mainly intended for use in Toastmasters.  Very lightweight,
simple Javascript, should work fine on laptops at a distance or mobile
devices up close.

-Dave

-- 
Dave Aronson - Have Pun, Will Babble | Work: davearonson.com | /\ ASCII
-------------------------------------+ Play: davearonson.net | \/ Ribbon
"Specialization is for insects."     | Life: dare2xl.com     | /\ Campaign
-Robert A. Heinlein                  | Wife: nasjleti.net    | Email<>Web

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 00:29:11 +0100

Here is mine. It's a hacked up (= simplified) version of some code that was apparently originally done by Rob Austein (I got it form someone else at some point).

This reminds me that I still owe Rob the beer-ware beer...