Subject: Gen-ART LC review of draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-21

From: "Roni Even" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:25:24 +0300

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
<http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you
may receive.

Document: draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-meth-21

Reviewer: Roni Even

Review Date:

IETF LC End Date: 2010-06-25

IESG Telechat date: (if known)

Summary: This draft is ready for publication as an Informational RFC.

There are some nits.

Major issues:

Minor issues:

Nits/editorial comments:

1.  All over the document there are abbreviations that are not expanded in
full the first time they are used or at all. Examples are DUT, BMWG,.. I
suggest that the editor will go through the document and specify all
abbreviations.

2.  In section 4.1 the draft mention to loss-derived and Rate-Derived
methods. There is a reference to Rate-Derive method later in the section but
no reference to loss-derived method.

3.  I saw the reference to draft-ietf-bmwg-igp-dataplane-conv-term-20, which
is a work in progress, when looking for Rate-derived Method and noticed that
part of the text in 6.2.1 is copied from the terminology document. I agree
that it makes it easier to read this document if the text is copied but
maybe add a note that will say which one is the right one in case the
terminology draft will change before it is published.