Subject: Follow up: Audio Streaming Info - IETF 78 July 25-30, 2010

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 15:10:55 -0700

Greetings again,

For those interested in monitoring sessions or participating remotely
at IETF 78 the following information may prove useful next monday.

-Audio Streaming-

All 8 parallel tracks at the IETF 78 meeting will be broadcast starting
with the commencement of working group sessions on Monday, July 26th,
2010 at 0900 CEST (UTC+2) and continue until Friday the 30th at 1515
CEST. Additionally it is our intention to broadcast the IEPG meeting
occurring on Sunday the 25st starting at 1000 CEST.

Because I have been asked several times in the past, note that if you
wish to use the rooms that are being recorded for impromptu meeting
during unscheduled sessions or lunch breaks that you can invite remote
participants to tune in to the appropriate stream. Recording cannot be
guaranteed for unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be
assumed that recording or observation is not occurring on open
microphones, they are after all connected to the Internet.

The links for streaming sources and the schedule are best retrieved from
the IETF tools agenda, which as per Standard operating procedure is
located here:

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/78/

A page in the legacy style with links to the archives will is available
here:

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/

The links and associated playlist channel bindings (in place during the
meeting) will be as follows:

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf781.m3u	0.1 London
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf782.m3u	0.2 Berlin
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf783.m3u	0.4 Brussels
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf784.m3u	0.8 Rome
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf785.m3u	0.9 Athens
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf786.m3u	2.1 Colorado
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf787.m3u	Auditorium 1
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf788.m3u	Auditorium 2

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf78.m3u	All

-Jabber/XMPP-

For information on IETF Jabber participation see:

http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html

or click on the Jabber links in the tools team agenda once you have a
properly configured jabber/xmpp messaging client.

-Webex-

Webex screen sharing in support of remote participation is possible for
a limited number of sessions. Bi-directional audio is not supported for
IETF 78. Consult with your working-group chair or the secretariate for
more information.

-Trouble Ticketing-

For prompt access to the meeting trouble desk, the email address is:

[email-masked]

for streaming related issues please consider Jabber IM to
[email-masked] with info including the current time, channel  and a
succinct description of the problem as the fastest communications channel.

I look forward to seeing many of you in Maastricht and still more online
during IETF 78.

Thanks
Joel Jaeggli