Subject: Audio Streaming Info - IETF 79 Beijing, November 7-12, 2010

From: Joel Jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Nov 2010 12:20:47 -0700

Greetings,

quick reminders:

* Below are the audio streaming details.
* Links in the agenda will go live on Sunday Nov 7
* Streaming officially begins Monday Nov 8 at 0900 CST

-Audio Streaming-

All 8 parallel tracks at the IETF 79 meeting will be broadcast starting
with the commencement of working group sessions on Monday, November 8,
2010 at 0900 CST (UTC+*) and continue until Friday the November 12th at
1515 CST. Additionally it is our intention to broadcast the IEPG meeting
occurring on Sunday the 7th starting at 1000 CST.

Because I have been asked several times in the past, note that if you
wish to use the rooms that are being recorded for impromptu meeting
during unscheduled sessions or lunch breaks that you can invite remote
participants to tune in to the appropriate stream. Recording cannot be
guaranteed for unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be
assumed that recording or observation is not occurring on open
microphones, they are after all connected to the Internet.

The links for streaming sources and the schedule are best retrieved from
the IETF tools agenda, which as per Standard operating procedure will be
located here:

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/79/

A page in the legacy style with links to the archives will also be
available here (it is not presently):

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/

The links and associated playlist channel bindings (in place during the
meeting) will be as follows:

http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf791.m3u Emerald
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf792.m3u Garden Ballroom 1
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf793.m3u Garden Ballroom 3
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf794.m3u Jade 1
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf795.m3u Pearl
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf796.m3u Valley Ballroom A
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf797.m3u Valley Ballroom B
http://videolab.uoregon.edu/events/ietf/ietf798.m3u Valley Ballroom C

-Jabber/XMPP-

For information on IETF Jabber participation see:

http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html

or click on the Jabber links in the tools team agenda once you have a
properly configured jabber/xmpp messaging client.

-Webex-

Webex screen sharing participation is possible for a limited number of
sessions. Consult with your working-group chair or the secretariate for
more information.

-Ticketing-

For prompt access to the meeting trouble desk, the email address is:

[email-masked]

for streaming related issues please consider Jabber IM to
[email-masked] with info including the current time, and channel as
the fastest communications channel.

Regards
Joel Jaeggli