Subject: Call for IAOC Nominations and Volunteers 2010

From: IAB Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 18:48:43 +0800

Dear Colleagues,

 The IAB is making a call for volunteers for the IETF Administrative
 Oversight Committee (IAOC), as described in BCP 101 (RFC 4071), following
 the procedures documented in BCP 113 (RFC 4333).  The nominations open
 now, and they will close on 28 Nov 2010. 
 
 In alternate years. The IESG and the IAB each select one person for a
 two-year IAOC term.  This year, the IAB will select one person for a term
 beginning in the Spring of 2011.
 
 The incumbent is Bob Hinden.
 
 Candidates for these IAOC positions should have knowledge of the IETF,
 knowledge of contracts and financial procedures, and familiarity with the
 administrative support needs of the IAB, the IESG, and the IETF standards
 process.  Candidates are also expected to be able to understand the
 respective roles and responsibilities of the IETF and ISOC in this
 activity, and be able to articulate these roles within the IETF community.
 
 Acceptable candidates must be prepared to exercise all the duties of an
 IAOC member.  These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the
 setting (in consultation with the community and after carefully considering 
 their input) of administrative support policies, oversight of the
 administrative operations of the IETF, and representing the interests of
 the IETF to the IAOC.  Acceptable candidates must be able to undertake
 full participation in all IAOC meetings and activities.
 
 The IAB-selected member of the IAOC does not directly represent the
 IAB.  The IAB and IESG selected members are accountable directly to the
 IETF community.  As such, candidates do not need to be current members of
 the IAB or the IESG and, in fact, we prefer nominations and volunteers from
 the rest of the community.
 
 If you are interested in one of these positions, or know of someone who
 may be a good fit for this position, please send the name and email
 address to <iab at iab.org>.
 
 The IAB will respond with a questionnaire, asking for the candidates'
 qualifications and willingness to serve.
 
 The names of all people who declare themselves willing to serve will be
 made public on the ietf-announce at ietf.org list after the end of the
 solicitation period.  The plan is to post the list of candidates before 4 Dec
 2010.
 
 The IAB expects to make a decision on or before 19 Jan 2010 (note that
 NomCom is also selecting an IAOC member).
 
 On Behalf of the IAB,
   Olaf Kolkman

-----------------------------------
The Internet Architecture Board
www.iab.org
[email-masked]