Subject: NomCom 2011-2012 feedback

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 08:14:55 -0700

Dear 2011-2012 nominating committee members,

You requested feedback from the IETF community for positions on the 
IESG, IAB and IAOC.  As none of the candidates shared their views 
about a simple question that was asked on the IETF mailing list, I 
gather that none of them are reading the mailing list.  I am in two 
minds about whether to provide feedback or not.  I'll share with you 
why the decision is not so easy.

There is this thing called social networks.  They provide an 
important service as they enable little girls to keep us abreast of 
their state of well-being.  You can even click on an "I Like" button 
to provide input about hotness.  It is easier to determine whether 
the candidates would make an informed decision if they share their 
views on an IETF mailing list.

I noticed that the term "transparency of the process" only appears in 
two of the three questionnaires.  Is there a reason for the omission?

Regards,
-sm

---

From: Suresh Krishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:01:38 -0400

Hi SM,

> why the decision is not so easy.

If you feel that the position of the nominees on a specific issue is
important to know, please send us a note about the issue and why you
think it is important.

> two of the three questionnaires.  Is there a reason for the omission?

The omission is intentional. The text in question ("transparency of the
process") is about the handling of appeals. Since the IAOC is not
involved in the handling of appeals the text does not appear in the IAOC
questionnaire,

Thanks
Suresh