Subject: IAOC Member Selection Announcement

From: IETF Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:36:16 -0500

The IESG is responsible for selecting one IETF Administrative
Oversight Committee (IAOC) member for a two-year term starting
in March 2012.  The selection was made in accordance with
BCP 101 and BCP 113.

A call for nominations was issued on 2011-11-13.  The IESG had
four willing nominees, and these names were announced.  I am
pleased to say that we heard from more people in this process
than we did two years ago.

After obtaining written input from all nominees, the IESG held a
lengthy discussion.  The IESG decided to appoint Ole J. Jacobsen
for another term on the IAOC.

The IESG thanks all of the nominees for their willingness to serve
the IETF community.  The nominees that were not selected is strongly
encouraged to get involved with the subcommittees of the IAOC and
put their names forward again in the future.

On behalf of the IESG,
  Russ Housley
  IESG Chair

---

From: SM <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 12:08:05 -0800

>encouraged to get involved with the subcommittees of the IAOC and

I suggest adding information about the subcommittees of the IAOC on 
the IAOC website if the aim is to strongly encourage the nominees and 
future nominees to get involved.

Regards,
-sm