Subject: Re: Netfilter (Linux) Does IPv6 NAT

From: Patrick McHardy <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2011 11:13:21 +0100

> Does it support RFC 6296?

Jumping into this discussion - it doesn't support RFC 6296
yet, but I'm currently looking into this as an additional
option. Also I'm looking into doing only port assigments
instead of "Full NAT" for IPv6, as suggested by Rusty Russell.

Please keep my CCed, I'm not subscribed.

> Regards
>     Brian Carpenter
>
> On 2011-12-01 13:07, Sabahattin Gucukoglu wrote:
> >  In case you didn't see this:
> >  http://www.h-online.com/open/news/item/Netfilter-developers-working-on-NAT-for-ip6tables-1385877.html
> >
> >  It's a complete IPv6 NAT implementation with the functionality of the IPv4 one in the same stack.  ALGs.  Port translation.  Connection tracking.  You don't need me to tell you why I don't like this.
> >
> >  Cheers,
> >  Sabahattin