Subject: Proposal to remove three datatracker pages (https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/ann/ind/, /new, and /prev

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 14:20:30 -0600

There are three pages exposed at the datatracker that have become stale 
or are producing erroneous information.
https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/ann/ind/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/ann/new/
https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/ann/prev/

Has anyone been using those links?

The first link, in particular has not been updated to reflect RFC5742, 
and is currently showing an incomplete set.

All of the information on those pages is available in other locations 
(at the very least at
<http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf-announce/current/maillist.html>.

Unless someone has been relying on these links, I propose removing them.

RjS

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 09:47:42 +1300

Hi,

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/iesg/ann/ind/

"IESG Statements on Independent Submissions"

This is in theory very useful information. I haven't needed it recently, but I've
certainly used it in the past. How else will people find it? Searching the mail
archive (or the IESG minutes) is really not very convenient.

Please check with the ISE before scrapping this. It would be fine if these
announcements were collated on the RFC Editor site, but I don't see them
at http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html

> Has anyone been using those links?

Again, not recently, but it's still a lot more convenient than searching the mail
archive or the minutes.

I don't clearly remember, but I think these pages were created in response to
complaints about lack of IESG transparency and the inconvenience of searching
email archives. So I'd be a bit sorry to see them go.

OTOH they obviously need to work properly if they're kept, and they would be
much more useful if they included the full draft name as well as the title.

   Brian