Subject: Re: The work of an IAOC/Trust member

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 12:26:58 -0500 (EST)

> From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>

    > Subpoenas

Subpoenas? Really? Wow!

Well, that should scare a few people off... :-)

	Noel

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 08:15:59 +1300

> Well, that should scare a few people off... :-)

Subpoenas served on the IETF (Trust) about prior art or IPR disclosure,
not on individuals. It was never a problem when I was on the IAOC, just
a matter of being aware.

   Brian

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2011 20:41:08 +0100

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Brian E Carpenter" <[email-masked]>
To: "Noel Chiappa" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2011 8:15 PM
> not on individuals. It was never a problem when I was on the IAOC, just

What about 'anti-trust' actions?  Who cops it for those, were a particular
RFC or I-D considered anti-competitive?

Tom Petch

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2011 09:46:48 +1300

> RFC or I-D considered anti-competitive?

That's a different question entirely, where the plan of record is to
get up to date legal advice. IANAL.

   Brian

---

From: Dave CROCKER <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 18:54:34 -0800

> get up to date legal advice. IANAL.

+1

The Trust report at IETF plenaries discusses the kinds of supoenas we get.  I 
believe they are typically about IPR, such as for copies of blue sheets to 
provide information about participation.

My own expectation is that something as broad as anti-trust would be likely to 
get much wider involvement among the IETF community...

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net