Subject: Fwd: [dispatch] FYI FCC NAMES HENNING SCHULZRINNE CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER

From: Marshall Eubanks <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 13:12:16 -0500

I thought that this would be of wide interest.

Regards
Marshall

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Richard Shockey <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 12:45 PM
Subject: [dispatch] FYI FCC NAMES HENNING SCHULZRINNE CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
To: [email-masked]

FCC NAMES HENNING SCHULZRINNE CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER

(Washington, D.C.) – FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski announced today
the appointment of Henning

Schulzrinne as Chief Technology Officer.

FCC Chairman Genachowski said, “I’m delighted that Henning will be
joining us. The communications

technology revolution is key to our economy and broad opportunity.
With the appointment of Henning –

a world-class technologist – we extend our commitment to technology
excellence at the FCC and to

strong engagement with outside technology experts.”

As Chief Technology Officer, Schulzrinne will guide the FCC’s work on
technology and engineering

issues, together with the FCC’s Office of Engineering and Technology.
He will advise on matters across

the agency to ensure that FCC policies are driving technological
innovation, including serving as a

resource to FCC Commissioners. He will also help the FCC engage with
technology experts outside the

agency and promote technical excellence among agency staff. He will be
based in the FCC’s Office of

Strategic Planning and Policy Analysis.

Schulzrinne is Julian Clarence Levi Professor of Mathematical Methods
and Computer Science and

Professor of Engineering at The Fu Foundation School of Engineering at
Columbia University. He has

been an Engineering Fellow at the FCC since 2010. He has published
more than 250 journal and

conference papers, and more than 70 Internet Requests for Comment
(RFCs). He is widely known for the

development of key protocols that enable voice-over-IP (VoIP) and
other multimedia applications that are

now Internet standards, including the Session Initiation Protocol
(SIP). His research interests include

Internet multimedia systems, applied network engineering, wireless
networks, security, quality of service,

and performance evaluation.

Schulzrinne received his undergraduate degree in economics and
electrical engineering from the

Darmstadt University of Technology, Germany, his MSEE degree as a
Fulbright scholar from the

University of Cincinnati, Ohio and his Ph.D. from the University of
Massachusetts in Amherst,

Massachusetts. He was a member of technical staff at AT&T Bell
Laboratories, Murray Hill and an

associate department head at GMD-Fokus (Berlin), before joining the
Computer Science and Electrical

Engineering departments at Columbia University, New York. He is an
IEEE Fellow and a former member

of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB).

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype-linkedin-facebook: rshockey101
http//www.sipforum.org

_______________________________________________
dispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch