Subject: Please remove draft-ordogh-spam-reporting-using-imap-kleansed from I-D repository

From: Alessandro Vesely <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2012 16:03:42 +0100

Dear IETF Secretariat,

I hereby ask that draft-ordogh-spam-reporting-using-imap-kleansed be
removed from the I-D repository.  I submitted it on 10 Jan 2012, in a
clumsy attempt to speed up a discussion about a similarly named I-D,
draft-ordogh-spam-reporting-using-imap.  The editing I carried out was
based on previous writing about, both privately and on IETF lists.
However, I hadn't obtained the author's permission to alter the
boilerplate-type of the original document.  Thus, the document I
posted bears "wrong" copyright information.  In particular, unwitting
editors may derive their own work from this document if they just
abide by its boilerplate text, while the original post did not imply a
handoff of change control.

I apologize for any inconveniences that my action might have caused.

Regards
Alessandro Vesely

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Jan 2012 19:53:59 +0100

Alessandro

You could, of course, issue an updated version which simply says that its
predecessor should not have been filed for the reasons you give in the e-mail.
No  need to include any other text whatsoever (except, of course, the relevant
boiler plate).

That seems simpler to me than asking the system to do something rather unusual
that it may not have a mechanism to do.  In future, there could always be
another version moving the process forward in the appropriate direction.

Tom Petch

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alessandro Vesely" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Zoltan Ordogh" <[email-masked]>; "apps discuss" <[email-masked]>;
"ietf" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, January 20, 2012 4:03 PM
Subject: Please remove draft-ordogh-spam-reporting-using-imap-kleansed fromI-D
repository

> _______________________________________________
> Ietf mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
>
>

---

From: todd glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 11:38:30 -0800

> No  need to include any other text whatsoever (except, of course, the relevant

Tom
No actually he cant. That will complicate the matter since the IETF
publishing manner has specifically been set up to destroy the ability to
recall anything. The license to use per the copyright statement is
irrevocable even through the revisions process.

That's right - it was published with a set of specific rights use
statements which are factually wrong and now the IETF is stuck with that
- unless a recall practice is put in place immediately like all other
publications houses have.

Todd

-- 
Todd S. Glassey
This is from my personal email account and any materials from this
account come with personal disclaimers.

Further I OPT OUT of any and all commercial emailings.

---

From: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 14:11:10 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "todd glassey" <[email-masked]>
To: "t.petch" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Alessandro Vesely" <[email-masked]>; "ietf" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 8:38 PM
> irrevocable even through the revisions process.

Yes, you are right.  The I-D has now vanished from the 'current'
archive but is still accessible through the expired archive; mmm.
It is very difficult to eliminate something from the Internet, so I
think my suggestion of a later version explaining what happened
could be valuable as belt and braces, reckoning people are
more likely to retrieve it than an earlier version; or perhaps
it would just draw people's attention to what should never have
been:-(  I dunno - IPR is so complicated.

Tom Petch