Subject: Interested in giving a talk at the FCC?

From: Henning Schulzrinne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:09:43 +0000

If you’re interested in giving a seminar to technical staff and/or economists at the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC), please let me know. The FCC won’t be able to pay for travel, so we’d likely schedule any talks when you are in the DC area. Also, if you know of any colleagues the Commission staff should hear from, feel free to suggest them.

I won’t make any promises that I’ll be able to accommodate all or even most offers, but this is an experiment to see if we can broaden the perspectives heard at the FCC. Most FCC staff are generalists, so topics should be accessible and of interest to this community. (In general, the FCC deals with many aspects of wired and wireless communications, and is interested in applications, as well as lower layers. Examples of topics of particular interest are spectrum-related issues, increasing broadband availability, security/privacy, IPv6, PSTN-transition issues, public safety and accessibility.

Thus, if you’re interested, please get in touch with me with a rough description of what you'd talk about. If there’s local interest in your topic, I will get back to you to work out details. There is no deadline as such, so consider this a standing offer.

Henning
------
Henning Schulzrinne
CTO, FCC
7C252, (202) 418-1544

---

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:37:13 -0500

I'd like to whole heartedly endorse this suggestion and encourage a variety
of IETF Subject matter experts to give talks relevant to the FCC.

I personally help arrange two seminars at the FCC at the invitation of Doug
Sicker, Henning's predecessor as CTO

The first on was a tutorial on SIP and the second on MPLS. 

As a rule these kinds of talks should be vendor/policy neutral. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Henning Schulzrinne
Sent: Sunday, January 22, 2012 11:10 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Interested in giving a talk at the FCC?

If you're interested in giving a seminar to technical staff and/or
economists at the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC), please let me
know. The FCC won't be able to pay for travel, so we'd likely schedule any
talks when you are in the DC area. Also, if you know of any colleagues the
Commission staff should hear from, feel free to suggest them.

I won't make any promises that I'll be able to accommodate all or even most
offers, but this is an experiment to see if we can broaden the perspectives
heard at the FCC. Most FCC staff are generalists, so topics should be
accessible and of interest to this community. (In general, the FCC deals
with many aspects of wired and wireless communications, and is interested in
applications, as well as lower layers. Examples of topics of particular
interest are spectrum-related issues, increasing broadband availability,
security/privacy, IPv6, PSTN-transition issues, public safety and
accessibility.

Thus, if you're interested, please get in touch with me with a rough
description of what you'd talk about. If there's local interest in your
topic, I will get back to you to work out details. There is no deadline as
such, so consider this a standing offer.

Henning
------
Henning Schulzrinne
CTO, FCC
7C252, (202) 418-1544
_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf