Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-oauth-v2-23.txt> (The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 13:31:56 -0500

> The IESG has received a request from the Web Authorization Protocol WG
> (oauth) to consider the following document:
> - 'The OAuth 2.0 Authorization Protocol'
>  <draft-ietf-oauth-v2-23.txt> as a Proposed Standard

There are some downrefs in this document that need to be called out in
the Last Call notice, which weren't.

* There is a normative reference to RFC 1750, which will be updated to
point to RFC 4086 before publication.

* There is a normative reference to RFC 2246 (TLS 1.0), which has been
obsoleted by RFC 4346 (TLS 1.1).  The document uses this reference to
note that TLS 1.0 is, at this writing, the most widely deployed
version.  The working group believes it is necessary to note that, and
that the reference be normative.

* There is a normative reference to Informational RFC 2818 (HTTP over TLS).

* There is a normative reference to Informational RFC 4627
(application/json Media Type).

* There is a normative reference to Informational RFC 4949 (Internet
Security Glossary).  This is an allowed downref.

Barry, document shepherd

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 11:34:59 -0700

> (application/json Media Type).

The last two are already in the downref registry:

http://trac.tools.ietf.org/group/iesg/trac/wiki/DownrefRegistry

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/