Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-george-travel-faq-03.txt> (IETF meeting attendees' Frequently Asked (travel) Questions) to Informational RFC

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 20:15:09 -0500

This looks very useful.  I have a few suggestions for the -04 version.

(1) The addition of non-flight options to 3.1 is a good idea.  That should be
complemented by adding a sentence to the end of 3.1.1 (Transit between the airport
and primary hotels) to say that if non-rail options are included, then corresponding
info for them (e.g., how to get to/from the train station) should be included,
although train stations are often more convenient to the meeting venue than airports.

(2) In 3.1.1.1 to this bullet:
   o  Description of "official" taxis if appropriate
I'd suggest adding "and advice on avoiding common taxi scams if appropriate".

This is often not appropriate, but there are a (small) number of cities that are
notorious for taxi scams; I think it helps to mention that here, even though scams are
noted in general in the Health and Safety section (3.3.1).

(3) In 3.7 Tourism, it might be good to add a suggestion to mention notable local
events occurring during the meeting week that may be of interest - perhaps a local
festival, although this suggestion was motivated by the wonderful fireworks in Quebec
City.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------