Subject: Journals at the IETF - calling all contributors!

From: Ole Jacobsen <[email-masked]>, Matthew Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 16:33:36 -0700 (PDT)

If you have attended any IETF meetings in the last several years you
will have noticed two publications available from the registration
desk or literature table:
 
* The IETF Journal, published by the Internet Society
 http://www.internetsociety.org/ietfjournal
 
 and
 
* The Internet Protocol Journal (IPJ), published by Cisco Systems
 http://www.cisco.com/ipj
 
The IETF Journal delivers information about the work of the IETF to a 
worldwide audience of technical developers and decision makers. It 
provides an easy-to-understand and comprehensive overview of IETF 
technical and organisational developments. Each issue highlights some 
of the hot issues being discussed at and around the IETF meetings and 
may also feature articles covering other IETF-related topics.
 
The Internet Protocol Journal is intended to serve as an informational 
and educational resource for engineering professionals involved in the 
design, development, and operation of public and private internets and 
intranets. The IP Journal carries tutorial articles as well as 
implementation/operation articles and technology and standardization 
updates for all levels of the protocol stack.
 
These two journals cover similar ground, but the former is more 
focused specifically on the work of the IETF whereas the latter 
carries articles that aren't necessarily always directly related to 
the IETF. In some cases, the same article has appeared in both 
journals.
 
Both publications rely heavily on the contributions of volunteers in 
the IETF and elsewhere, technical experts who can clearly explain 
networking technology. If you are interested in contributing an 
article to either of these journals, please contact:
 
Mat Ford, Managing Editor of the IETF Journal <[email-masked]>
 
and
 
Ole Jacobsen, Editor and Publisher of IPJ  <[email-masked]>

We look forward to seeing you in Paris!