Subject: Re: Issues relating to managing a mailing list...

From: [email-masked] (Noel Chiappa)
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 13:41:35 -0400 (EDT)

> From: Russ Housley <[email-masked]>

    > There is no option in Mailman to specify attachment-stripping by
    > user, only by list.

So? Have [email-masked]' send a copy to to a new list, 'ietf-strippedietf.org'
(the latter being set in Mailman to strip), and those who prefer their IETF
email without inclusions can subscribe to the latter, instead of the former.

(This whole discussion is so typical of the IETF: what should be a 30-second
exercise for one person to deal with in a simple, obvious way turns into a
multi-day discussion in which some try to redesign entire email systems.)

	Noel

---

From: Dave Crocker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 10:55:39 -0700

> multi-day discussion in which some try to redesign entire email systems.)

Noel,

We have a significant number of serious problems that do need solving but are 
difficult.  That's frustrating.

So it's a lot more comforting to debate problems we /don't/ have.

d/
-- 

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking
   bbiw.net