Subject: Fact.Check IETF Meeting - Paris, France - 100/8 IANA

From: Jim Fleming <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:19:16 -0500

Fact.Check IETF Meeting - Paris, France - 100/8 IANA

Fact Check:

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space/ipv4-address-space.txt

Was the decision to cut into the (in-use) 100/8 IPv4 Address Spectrum
made because of the consumer human factors of using 10/8 on their
VPNs?

Were existing users in 100/8 advised that they will not be routable
with that change ?

Was the U.S. FCC consulted about the 100/8 Address Spectrum usage ?

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/communications-security-reliability-and-interoperability-council-iii
Council Meetings
3/22/12
Steve Crocker (ISOC ICANN)

http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/technological-advisory-council
Vinton Cerf (ISOC ICANN ARIN)

March 20, 2012 - FCC Announces the next Technological Advisory
Committee Meeting on March 28, 2012

8 Days Notice ?

---

From: Christopher Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 10:09:08 -0400

> Was the U.S. FCC consulted about the 100/8 Address Spectrum usage ?

spectrum?

---

From: Dave Cridland <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 15:11:47 +0100

> > Was the U.S. FCC consulted about the 100/8 Address Spectrum usage  

Yes, 100/8 was reserved for use by the FCC for 1980's UK home  
computers. It's a fair cop, we should have involved them in the  
discussion.

Dave.
-- 
Dave Cridland - mailto:[email-masked] - xmpp:[email-masked]
  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
  - http://dave.cridland.net/
Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

---

From: David Conrad <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 08:35:31 -0700

Please don't feed the loons.  All they do is poop all over everything.

Regards,
-drc