Subject: IETF83 Audio Streaming info

From: Nick Kukich <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 13:32:10 -0600

Greetings!

We're two weeks out from the beginning of meeting streaming. For those
interested in monitoring sessions or participating remotely the
following information may prove useful.

For general remote participation including meetecho support see:

http://www.ietf.org/meeting/83/remote-participation.html

-Audio Streaming-

All 8 parallel tracks at the IETF 83 meeting will be broadcast starting
with the commencement of working group sessions on Monday, March 26 2012
at 0900 CET (GMT+1) and continue until the close of sessions on Friday,
March 30.

Because we have been asked several times in the past, note that if you
wish to use the rooms that are being recorded for impromptu meeting
during unscheduled sessions or lunch breaks that you can invite remote
participants to tune in to the appropriate stream. Recording cannot be
guaranteed for unscheduled sessions. Conversely, it should never be
assumed that recording or observation is not occurring on open
microphones, they are after all connected to the Internet.

The links for streaming sources and the schedule are best retrieved from
the IETF tools agenda, which as per standard operating procedure will be
located here:

http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/83/

-Jabber/XMPP-

For information on IETF Jabber participation see:

http://www.ietf.org/jabber/index.html

or click on the Jabber links in the tools team agenda once you have a
properly configured jabber/xmpp messaging client.

-Webex-

Webex screen sharing participation is possible for a limited number of
sessions. Consult with your working-group chair or the secretariat for
more information.

-Ticketing-

For prompt access to the meeting trouble desk, the email address is:

[email-masked]

For streaming related issues please send email to 
[email-masked] with info including the current time and 
affected streaming channel.

Thanks!

Nick Kukich
Verilan, Inc.