Subject: Re: Last Call: <draft-ietf-krb-wg-des-die-die-die-04.txt> (Deprecate DES, RC4-HMAC-EXP, and other weak cryptographic algorithms in Kerberos) to Best Current Practice

From: Joel jaeggli <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 09:38:30 -0700

On 3/22/12 08:26 , The IESG wrote:
> 
> The IESG has received a request from the Kerberos WG (krb-wg) to consider
> the following document:
> - 'Deprecate DES, RC4-HMAC-EXP, and other weak cryptographic algorithms
>    in Kerberos'
>   <draft-ietf-krb-wg-des-die-die-die-04.txt> as a Best Current Practice
> 
> The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
> final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
> [email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-04-05. Exceptionally, comments may be
> sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
> beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

support, it's time.

joel

---

From: Sam Hartman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 03:42:29 -0400

Hi.

In the writeup I asked Stephen to include a note that there is a
normative downreference to RFC 4757. RFC 4757 is informational.
This document recommends that implementations not implement some of the
algorithms in RFC 4757, thus creating a normative down-ref.
My opinion and that of the WG is that permitting this normative
down-reference is the appropriate course of action.