Subject: CFP - 2nd IEEE Workshop On Telecommunications Standards

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 13:23:40 -0800

Hi, all,

The following is hopefully of interest to the IETF community.

Joe

----------------------------------

                CALL FOR PAPERS
       2nd IEEE Workshop On Telecommunications Standards
              “From Research to Standards”

           June 9-13, 2013, Budapest, Hungary
             Co-located with IEEE ICC 2013

                   http://www.research2standards.net/

Paper abstract deadline Jan 4, 2013
Paper submission deadline Jan 11, 2013

Building on the success of the first edition of the IEEE Workshop on 
Telecommunications Standards: "From Research to Standards" (which won 
the Best IEEE ComSoc Workshop Award at IEEE ICC 2012), we are happy to 
announce the organization of its second edition in Budapest, Hungary, 
collocated with IEEE ICC 2013.

The goal of this Workshop is to bridge the gap between researchers, 
scientists, and standards experts in both academia and industry and to 
promote standardization as an important vehicle for information sharing 
and cooperation between academia and industry. An additional goal is to 
  bring together experts from different standardization bodies, 
providing opportunities for closer understanding and collaboration; 
catalyzing development of more interoperable standards and more 
efficient and effective communication systems.

The Workshop technical program will deliver high quality technical as 
well as visionary papers that will be reviewed and selected by an 
international program committee representing both academia and industry 
with a strong standardization background. All submissions are required 
to comply with ICC’s guidelines. Accepted papers will appear in IEEE Xplore.

Looking forward your submissions to the 2nd IEEE Workshop on 
Telecommunications Standards: "From Research to Standards".

Kind regards,

Workshop Official Website: http://www.research2standards.net

Workshop General Chair
• Dr. Tarik Taleb, NEC Europe, Germany
TPC co-Chairs
• Dr. Tuncer Baykas, Tohoku University, Japan
• Dr. Alex Reznik, InterDigital, USA
• Dr. Konstantinos Samdanis , NEC Europe, Germany
Publicity co-chairs
• Prof. Joe Touch, Univ. of Southern California, USA
• Dr. Periklis Chatzimisios, Alexander TEI of Thessaloniki, Greece

IMPORTANT DATES
PAPER REGISTRATION: Jan. 04, 2013 SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Jan. 11, 2013 
ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: Feb. 22, 2013 FINAL MANUSCRIPT: Mar. 08, 2013