Subject: Is there ongoing work on SNMP IPv6 mibs ?

From: "Carlos M. martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:10:56 -0500

Other than the CGN-mib we discussed today in sunset4, I wondered whether
is there ongoing work on this topic.

regards

Carlos

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:18:49 -0500

> is there ongoing work on this topic.

What do you mean exactly? Because there is nothing IPv6-specific in the 
CGN MIB (or NAT MIB), it's all address-family agnostic...

Simon
-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca

---

From: "Carlos M. martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2012 19:21:38 -0500

Right, I have this thing that mentions to CGN somehow mean 'ipv6' to me,
or rather, 'i don't want to do ipv6'

But you are right, there is nothing specific to ipv6 in your work.

~Carlos

---

From: "Carlos M. martinez" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 12:24:34 -0500

I'll take the silence as a NO :-)

So, as a humble kinda newcomer, where should I take some ideas regarding
IPv6 mibs ? Which should be the appropiate WG ?

Cheers!

~Carlos

---

From: Nick Hilliard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2012 19:22:12 +0000

> IPv6 mibs ? Which should be the appropiate WG ?

draft-ietf-idr-bgp4-mibv2 for bgp stuff.  What ideas do you have and maybe
someone could point you in the right direction.

Nick

---

From: t.p. <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 12:16:55 +0000

---- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos M. martinez" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 5:24 PM

I'll take the silence as a NO :-)
<tp>
IETF protocols have since long required to countenance both IPv6 and
Management, which for the most part means SNMP, so the developers of a
protocol to support e.g. left-hand flange-benders would be expected to
provide a suitable SNMP MIB module which includes IPv6, so the answer is
everywhere.

There is an IETFMIBS mailing list which provides a home for SNMP matters
of a general nature, while, since management falls within the Operations
Area, the Operations Area Working Group provides a home for SNMP work
which does not naturally fall within the remit of another Working Group.

Details, how to subscribe, view the archives and so on are all available
via the IETF website.

Tom Petch

Cheers!

~Carlos