Subject: Re: financial fun with an IETF Meeting in South America

From: I rob <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 01:25:46 -0300

Hello,

> I'd also say that I've never heard anyone making that sort of statement.
> For instance, the argentinan government itself has a program to increase
> Internet connectivity throughout the country --
>

 That is the web page of the program that Fernando mentions,
http://www.conectarigualdad.gob.ar/  (spanish ) - netbooks with windows and
Linux :)  for the kids -

>
> > His view is shared by many, so in the event IETF gets to meet in Buenos
> > Aires, if the meeting becomes public, don't be surprised to see some
> > coordinated political manifestation.
>
> I live in Argentina too, and people don't make political manifestation
about Internet topics. In opposite. In Mendoza (Arg.) we did a lot of
events (conferences, hands-on) open to the people (no technical) about IPv6
and they were very interested on it and the concurrence was high (200
people :-))

Argentina is a beautiful place to know :-), have a lot of things to do, and
is always full of tourist during all the seasons.

Kind Regards,

Ines Robles.

---

From: Ines Robles <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 18:17:43 -0300

Hello,

about Internet topics. In opposite. In Mendoza (Arg.) we did a lot of
events (conferences, hands-on) for the people (no technical) about IPv6 and
they were very interested on it and the concurrence was high (200 people
:-))

Kind Regards,

Ines Robles.