Subject: [Isoc-br] IETF Meeting in South America

From: Rogerio Mariano <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 14:28:41 -0300

Dear IETF Managers,

My name is Rogério Mariano and I`m a member of the Internet Society (Global
Member # 339380) and a student of Internet Governance Programme (IGCBP)
DiploFoundation and Consultant for the definition and operation of the
Service Provider direction related to the technical architecture of Routing
Protocols and Core Infrastructure components in the Petrobras Oil company
(largest company in Brazil).  Over 14 years of management experience
working and leading a group of engineers engaged in a variety of projects
and operations spanning areas such as MPLS, routing, Internet and services.
Active participant in standards bodies and industry forums such as ISOC,
IETF, NIC.br and GTER.

About IETF in LATAM

We feel really miss the action of engineers and professionals in Latin
America within the IETF to improve the quality of the Internet in Latin
America and spread its use, with special attention to its technical and
infrastructure. For these issues is very important to have a performance of
the IETF in Latin America, since we already have strong groups like LACNIC,
the ISOC.br the NIC.br and meetings as well as the products GTER the LACNOG
events and chapters ISOC. I think there are people in Latin America who can
encourage and contribute in various aspects such as: infrastructure and
standardization / standardization and standards for various segments mainly
as a BOF or WG in the IETF.

Regards,

Rogério Mariano de Souza
+ 55 21 8314-9647

---

From: Scott Brim <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 14:32:31 -0400

Dear Rogério Mariano,

You have a great deal of experience.  Since the mission of the IETF is to
make the Internet better, could you point out specific problems that you
would like to work on in the IETF?  When you say "infrastructure and
standardization", that is very general.  If there were an IETF meeting in
your city, why would you come to the meeting?  Can you give a specific
example of a problem that would you like to work on?

Thank you.

Scott Brim