Subject: ISOC fellowship - Attracting new people and work into the IETF (was: In person vs remote participation to meetings)

From: S Moonesamy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2013 11:54:57 -0700

Hi Alessandro,
At 00:22 28-09-2012, Alessandro Vesely wrote:
>IMHO, participation of individuals and small businesses is not less
>important than that of newcomers from emerging and developing economies.

I noticed that you asked a question about the ISOC fellowship about a 
year ago.  There is currently a thread on the diversity mailing list 
[1] about attracting new people and work into the IETF ( 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/diversity/current/msg00336.html 
).  There were suggestions from Stephen Farrell, Adrian Farrel and 
Kathleen Moriarty.

One of the comments was about the "emerging or developing economy" 
requirement for the ISOC fellowship.  This is an opportunity for 
anyone who is concerned about the hurdles affecting IETF 
participation to make suggestions.

Please post any follow-up to [email-masked] instead of [email-masked].

Regards,
S. Moonesamy